Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bill Gates: Nintendo Is Our Toughest Competitor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEbkbTTNss

Interviewed by Japanese TV, Microsoft’s Bill Gates says that the Nintendo DS is “impressive”, adding that the strength of the Wii is impressive as well. He then goes to say that Microsoft sees Nintendo as the toughest competitor, while not mentioning Sony or the PS3 at all.

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Jan 10 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Microsoft sees Nintendo as the toughest competitor, while not mentioning Sony or the PS3 at all.

BURN!

pp_smiley11.gif

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
360 <3 Wii

somethings going on here icon_eek.gif

Vengeance

Vengeance

MotM March 2007 | teh_cookierer

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
  • xfire:vengeance238
  • Wii:7099005730287119
  • Gamer Army ID:100
He said the Wii's a threat, not he <3s it icon_biggrin.gif

Unseen Killa

Unseen Killa
  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Skating/snowboarding, pretty much all extreme sports. Gaming of course.
  • Steam ID:Birdfeather4
  • Xbox / GFWL:Birdfeather
  • Wii:6292052913359869
Well Nintendo is doing well, and PS3 is sucking balls, so why would he want to mention Sony. In a way Sony did get owned though icon_smile.gif.

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • xfire:elliotter
  • Interests:Guitar, gaming, music, and friends
Woo! Go 360 and Wii icon_biggrin.gif

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Jan 10 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEbkbTTNss

Interviewed by Japanese TV, Microsoft’s Bill Gates says that the Nintendo DS is “impressive”, adding that the strength of the Wii is impressive as well. He then goes to say that Microsoft sees Nintendo as the toughest competitor, while not mentioning Sony or the PS3 at all.

That is officially awesome.
See, this is why I finally came around on the XBox line. Their execs will actually admit it when the competition does something right, and aren't afraid of giving out some props.
IPB Image

The While

The While
  • GA Corporal
  • 224 posts
  • xfire:while
  • Wii:7036783465328625
  • Gamer Army ID:353
He's right though! Nintendo FTW.
IPB Image

Eagleeye

Eagleeye
  • Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • xfire:theirisharagorn
  • Xbox / GFWL:EagleeyeXC
Does anyone remember a while back one of microsofts reps suggested that they have no grobes with nintendo and want to join forces and take out sony? That doesnt seem too unlikly now. When the price drops I'm definatly picking up a 360.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
well he is not compoletly wrong:prof =O

since the wii and 360 are selling so good and the ps3 is not he has his resons to say what he just said, but i have to admit that i never thougt i would see bill gates diss sony that much
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

JJC

JJC
  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Gaming... duh
Mmm... I'm thinking the context is not what we'd like to believe. He's talking to a Japanese news show in Japan so obviously he's adressing his competition in Japan. And quite frankly the Wii/DS is kicking arse over there much more than it is in the western world and the 360 is doing not so well. He's more refering to the fact that Nintendo (p)owns Japan and it's tough for the Xbox to break through.

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
QUOTE (JJC @ Jan 10 2007, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm... I'm thinking the context is not what we'd like to believe. He's talking to a Japanese news show in Japan so obviously he's adressing his competition in Japan. And quite frankly the Wii/DS is kicking arse over there much more than it is in the western world and the 360 is doing not so well. He's more refering to the fact that Nintendo (p)owns Japan and it's tough for the Xbox to break through.

but ps3 did outsell 360 in japan as well, it was posted here and it didn't take it very long to do so, but regardless DS/Wii is still doing great as well in the west, it's just doing phenomenal in Japan, overall he's rating nintendo i think, or maybe he has to be nice so he doesn't make the japanese fans mad and they sell even less 360's icon_razz.gif

TheBlackOut

TheBlackOut
  • GA Private
  • 4,612 posts
  • xfire:theblackout92
  • Steam ID:highbuzz
  • Gamer Army ID:1316
Bill Gates is humble and he see's whats there. The man is great, and he ain't telling a lie.

Turkey Llama Confederation (WE MUST FIGHT TO PROTECT IT!)

by-tor2112

by-tor2112
  • GA Private
  • 2,274 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:skc132
  • Gamer Army ID:1860
Yeah Wi60 ftw and also ds(what ever Microsoft's hand held is going to be called)

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • xfire:jesuspwnu
  • Interests:Gaming, Flash, Modding cpu, Tennis having good time with my friends :D
  • PSN:too expensive
  • Wii:Not yet :(
One word... LAWL

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
QUOTE (Im so horny @ Jan 10 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One word... LAWL

?

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
QUOTE (by-tor2112 @ Jan 10 2007, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Wi60 ftw and also ds(what ever Microsoft's hand held is going to be called)

Yeah in total agreeance with that. Making up words ftw! (agreeance)

eastbayray

eastbayray
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • xfire:whatryoulookingat
ROTFL!!!
IPB Image

R.I.P. Catz/Prist

Muad'dib

Muad'dib

Oct 2007 - Mario Kart DS Tournament winner or something

• Members
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:CS, console gaming, basketball, movies.
  • Xbox / GFWL:anucadivad
  • Wii:5446973000736267
They say that now. I remember perfectly well when Peter Moore was saying that he didn't believe the Wii could possibly compete with 360. He saw it as a toy, an accessory.

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
QUOTE (Muad'dib @ Jan 10 2007, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They say that now. I remember perfectly well when Peter Moore was saying that he didn't believe the Wii could possibly compete with 360. He saw it as a toy, an accessory.

calling it an mp3?? yeah, it was posted here, i remember now taht you bring it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users