Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Instant Ramen inventor dead

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Crosshair

Crosshair
  • GA Corporal
  • 774 posts
  • xfire:0pirater0
  • Interests:Gaming, Pwning n00bs RTS style, RPG's, Watching Anime and reading Manga, Forum browsing, Listening to my extensive collection of music.
  • PSN:0PinkSpider0
  • Gamer Army ID:880
QUOTE (Contrallion @ Jan 9 2007, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys are all noobs- the ramen king would be ashamed. Real ramen is not "instant"- instant ramen is instant. Real ramen can only be ordered at an authentic Japanese restaurant (not generic sushi restaurants- real places that specialize in ramen like yakitori houses specialize in yakitori). You can get things like Mabo ramen, but usually it's chasu ramen. Seriously- if you live near LA go to Little Tokyo and go to a real ramen place. Also order the gyoza, very good.

There are so many bums in little Tokyo...

I agree, and someone earlier said that someone should buy "korean ramen because it is the real stuff" which makes NO sence seeing as ramen is chinese noodles that the japanese stole and then made differently.. where the hell does Korea even come into it at all ??

i feel kinda disgraced, but even then - REAL ramen is soo good, they sell it everywhere in China town ( at the japanese restraunts ) why there is jap food in china town i have NO idea... Oh and you can buy "Instant Ramen" but it isnt actual ramen, its just Instant Noodles that sum1 called Ramen -_- oh well icon_smile.gif i still love the stuff, tastes deliciouse....

I told a friend that the Ramen guy died, and he told me that maggie 2minute noodles are the best, and im liek wtf does that have to do with ramen >_<

Edit: Did you know that Shit is short for - Store High In Transit, because back i nthe day they had to transport poo by sea to dump it, and it smelt worse when it got wet in the boxes and leaked everywhere... How amazing ^.^ ( i am god of pub culture icon_razz.gif )
I AM 0PinkSpider0

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
QUOTE (0PinkSpider0 @ Jan 8 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, and someone earlier said that someone should buy "korean ramen because it is the real stuff" which makes NO sence seeing as ramen is chinese noodles that the japanese stole and then made differently.. where the hell does Korea even come into it at all ??

i feel kinda disgraced, but even then - REAL ramen is soo good, they sell it everywhere in China town ( at the japanese restraunts ) why there is jap food in china town i have NO idea... Oh and you can buy "Instant Ramen" but it isnt actual ramen, its just Instant Noodles that sum1 called Ramen -_- oh well icon_smile.gif i still love the stuff, tastes deliciouse....

I told a friend that the Ramen guy died, and he told me that maggie 2minute noodles are the best, and im liek wtf does that have to do with ramen >_<

Edit: Did you know that Shit is short for - Store High In Transit, because back i nthe day they had to transport poo by sea to dump it, and it smelt worse when it got wet in the boxes and leaked everywhere... How amazing ^.^ ( i am god of pub culture icon_razz.gif )

YES! Wow I didn't know anyone else knew that haha. Every time we'd have real ramen my dad would tell me how the Japanese stole the idea from the Chinese (and did a pretty good job at it).

Maggie = sodium. I don't really like it. I prefer sesame oil. If that shit thing is true...haha..

And VulgaritySocks, Little Tokyo is definitely a case of a shelled in neighborhood. They have temples in the weirdest places between businesses/apartments- like you have to go through an alley to get to it in these random places secluded behind buildings. Weird.

Kaihato

Kaihato
  • GA Private
  • 487 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1056
QUOTE (Clarke @ Jan 6 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
noodles you say... i think il stick with pot noodle icon_razz.gif

Psh.

Theres no noodles like Ramen.

Crosshair

Crosshair
  • GA Corporal
  • 774 posts
  • xfire:0pirater0
  • Interests:Gaming, Pwning n00bs RTS style, RPG's, Watching Anime and reading Manga, Forum browsing, Listening to my extensive collection of music.
  • PSN:0PinkSpider0
  • Gamer Army ID:880
You want seasame oil - then you may have heard of Mi-Goreng Noodles made my Indo-mie -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...omie_(pack).jpg

best ever man they are by FAR the best instant noodles EVER! mmm fried goodness lol.

there is this orginisation called Hanaichi thats ive just recently found in brisbane, they have hanaichi east and just hanaichi ( both is asian food ) but just normal hanaichi sells the best ramen aswell as a killer japanese curry.

Problem these days is, to many people are into naruto and dont bother to actually realise was ramen is lol!

anyway... another good food is Noodle Box *drools* every1 loves take away noodles in a box! i remembver when i was a kid i ate this fries, and they came in an edable cup, made of like the waffle cone stuff, it was the coolest thing i'd ever seen, i wanna see it again somewhere! ( random i know )

as for naruto, the amount of fillers piss me off, and even one piece is annoying, i hate never ending anime's because by the time they finish you;ve lost interest, i like short and sweet and to the point anime, like Saikano( she the ultimate weapon ) and Hellsing, stuff like that 10 - 30 eps and then its a nic story wrapt up in 1 box set, not 50!
I AM 0PinkSpider0

survivor

survivor
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:hmmm....yes? I have them
Ahhhhhhh noooodles... pp_smiley11.gif yummmm

......shhhhh.....a moment of silence for the ramen king..... pp_smiley8.gif

Yes of course you're all right, he didn't "invent" ramen noodles or anything else, but he did play a role in getting us Americans and others to not only eat them, but make them an everyday favorite food! There was a time when pizza was unknown outside italy, and NOW look at it!
I'm getting hungry thinking about it....gotta go chow down (chow?) on some delicious thai-style ramen-type mix I love. I've got like a whole case... thumbsup.gif

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
  • xfire:MSN
  • Steam ID:SyntraIsCool
  • Xbox / GFWL:None
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:Noplayonline
Ramen ftw.

Hope this guy uhh... eats ramen in heaven?

Oh BTW, Has anyone tried Ramen N' Cheese?
Weiman took my virginity.
Currently playing: Fallout 3 - Fifa 09 - The Orange Box

nigy

nigy
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
QUOTE (DarKDawN @ Jan 6 2007, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beef, Chicken, Roasted chicken, Spicy chicken, Shrimp, Regular ...all teh pwnage.

Dont forget Roast Beef, the granddaddy of all ramen flavors!

RiP

WASDman00

WASDman00
  • GA Private
  • 1,140 posts
  • xfire:GTFO
  • Interests:Trolling.
  • Xbox / GFWL:FTW
  • PSN:L8R
  • Wii:FTL
  • Gamer Army ID:1452
QUOTE (Syntra @ Feb 11 2007, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ramen ftw.

Hope this guy uhh... eats ramen in heaven?

Oh BTW, Has anyone tried Ramen N' Cheese?

Ramen and Cheese?

OMG WTF BBQ
Consider this thread trolled.

Syntra

Syntra
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts
  • xfire:MSN
  • Steam ID:SyntraIsCool
  • Xbox / GFWL:None
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:Noplayonline