Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

router problems..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • xfire:diamondandy
  • Interests:Music, films, graphics and website design
I have 2 pc's linked to the internet through a Philips SNB5600 router, 1 wireless and 1 wired
Whenever I am on MSN/IRC it keeps dc'ing .. <<< Wired PC
Internet pages run very very slowly .. << Wireless PC

If need be, I can provide screenshots of the router options etc so you guys can see what's going on

Stabhappy has tried to help out, He mentioned the DMZ but that didn't work either

So anything else you guys can think of?

Andy =)
IPB Image

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • xfire:jesuspwnu
  • Interests:Gaming, Flash, Modding cpu, Tennis having good time with my friends :D
  • PSN:too expensive
  • Wii:Not yet :(
U have broadband?

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
Yes I am on Telewest Broadband 4mb Connection
IPB Image

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Flash, Modding cpu, Tennis having good time with my friends :D
OK then what happen if you plug your modem directly to your comp?
Does it solve the problem?
If no well its not your router. If yes well you should call or write an e-mail to the router compagnie or exchange it where u brought it. Constant d/c coult be a malfunction in the router.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (Im so horny @ Jan 4 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK then what happen if you plug your modem directly to your comp?
Does it solve the problem?
If no well its not your router. If yes well you should call or write an e-mail to the router compagnie or exchange it where u brought it. Constant d/c coult be a malfunction in the router.

It could just be a router config problem you know... I believe I told you to lurk around before advising people on stuff since you've been incorrect a lot.

Yes, try the wired PC direct into the modem. Then give us the screenshots if that works fine icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Deadude

Deadude
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • xfire:deadude
i no this sounds ridiculous but if msn dont work try reseting ur router (power down/power up) seeing as there was a strange problem with it may not work seeing as u have same prob with irc... on ur wireless try doing a speedtest http://www.speedtest.net maybe the signal is weak and your not getting a good connection or your possibley getting packetloss...
IPB Image

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
Yes, try the wired PC direct into the modem.

The net works great when a direct connection from the Cable Modem to my PC icon_sad.gif

i no this sounds ridiculous but if msn dont work try reseting ur router (power down/power up) seeing as there was a strange problem with it may not work seeing as u have same prob with irc... on ur wireless try doing a speedtest http://www.speedtest.net maybe the signal is weak and your not getting a good connection or your possibley getting packetloss...

i have reset the router many times (over 10 at least), the signal for the wireless is fine, just the browsing on the internet is pretty slow compared to when i am browsing on this pc

i will get screenshots and upload them (if the connection allows me lol *registers for the pp hosting*) and i shall show you guys the settings i have right now (back in a bit)

Andy =)
IPB Image

Fett

Fett
  • GA Private
  • 445 posts
  • xfire:mandalorianfett
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fett07
  • Wii:3012571276726005
  • Gamer Army ID:131
Sometimes if I download a bunch of stuff in a day, my ISP limits my bandwidth and it causes disconnects on Xfire and Gaim, plus slow page load times. Its stupid as hell and I know other people have this problem with me. My friend calls the same ISP I have like 3 times a week telling them to put his bandwidth back up. When it happens I go unplug my router and modem and let them sit for 10 mins, then go plug them back in. Its really annoying and I know how you feel.
IPB Image
IPB Image

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
My ISP doesn't have bandwidth limits, it's so annoying, when I go on mIRC I constantly get DC every 2 mins, sometimes not even that long :/ *carries on with the screenies*

Screeny 1
Screeny 2
Screeny 3
Screeny 4
Screeny 5
Screeny 6
Screeny 7
Screeny 8
Screeny 9

updated this with the screenie's from the router settings.. if you want just tell me and ill screeny the other parts icon_smile.gif
IPB Image

speed e win

speed e win
  • Banned
  • 1,138 posts
  • xfire:speedewin
Probably not the problem, but I recently had some problems with my router and it turned out to just be because I had the router set on top of the modem and it was overheating a bit.
............//).. ..........(\`\
............/....//. .............\\....\
.........../....//.. ..............\\.... \
.....//..../\... ......../`\....\`\
.././.../..../..../. |_......_|.\....\... .\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.) ..)..(..(.\....).... )....).)
.\................\/ .../....\...\/...... ........../
..\................. /........\.......... ......../
....\..............( ............)....... ......./

THE UPRISING

jospicy

jospicy
  • Members
  • 251 posts
  • xfire:joironfist
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, playing with hardware, avoiding Studying, going to Gigs, listening to music really loud, generally taking advantage of being able to do extremely immature things as i am a student
  • Wii:all in good time
try Speed e win's suggestion first if not then do MSN etc disconnect when μtorrent is not running on any machine? if not then set the maximum number of peers to less than 50 and see if that makes a difference as a large number of connections to other computers may be choking your line
a block of text where you can put something interesting or thought provoking
IPB Image

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
QUOTE (speed e win @ Jan 4 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably not the problem, but I recently had some problems with my router and it turned out to just be because I had the router set on top of the modem and it was overheating a bit.

Yeah lol i had this problem too my cat was sleeping on it lmao

QUOTE (Weiman @ Jan 4 2007, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could just be a router config problem you know... I believe I told you to lurk around before advising people on stuff since you've been incorrect a lot.

Yes, try the wired PC direct into the modem. Then give us the screenshots if that works fine icon_smile.gif

At least i got one suggestion good lol ^^
I dont think it can b in the config but the overheating could b the problem.

@diamondandy- Are you using a new router or u got it in the past and it was working fine b4?

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
well it aint overheating as it aint on top of the modem, it only messes up when utorrent is running
i have turned down max connection to 20 in the past and it didnt really work that much better :/ maybe last a slight bit longer..
anymore ideas?
btw how come whenever i try to activate DMZ on the router it totally cuts off the net?
whats the best router you guys could recommend for a cable modem? so i can utorrent on one pc and then use msn/irc on the other?
IPB Image

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
It depend of how mutch u want to spend on it.
Did you try to restart your router?
Cause evry 2 or 3 month i dunno why but you have to restart it.

Cable router are not very expensive. But if you want a wireles want you can have a wide range of router for all price!

speed e win

speed e win
  • Banned
  • 1,138 posts
  • xfire:speedewin
QUOTE (Im so horny @ Jan 4 2007, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depend of how mutch u want to spend on it.
Did you try to restart your router?
Cause evry 2 or 3 month i dunno why but you have to restart it.

Cable router are not very expensive. But if you want a wireles want you can have a wide range of router for all price!

No offence but the letter 's' does exist.

As for a new router, I have found that D-Link makes quality products, almost anything you get from them will most likely work well. /me waits for a Guru to show up and give better advice.
............//).. ..........(\`\
............/....//. .............\\....\
.........../....//.. ..............\\.... \
.....//..../\... ......../`\....\`\
.././.../..../..../. |_......_|.\....\... .\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.) ..)..(..(.\....).... )....).)
.\................\/ .../....\...\/...... ........../
..\................. /........\.......... ......../
....\..............( ............)....... ......./

THE UPRISING

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
Belkin. They make absolutley great kit, got 3 wireless comps and 3 wired comps running on one just fine. it is old though and does need replacing.
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
I have a netgear and it sucks. So dont get that!

@speed e win see i have put an s to suck!

icon_biggrin.gif icon_razz.gif

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 705 posts
  • Steam ID:Seantbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Seantbh
QUOTE (stabhappy @ Jan 5 2007, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Belkin. They make absolutley great kit, got 3 wireless comps and 3 wired comps running on one just fine. it is old though and does need replacing.

PFFFT, im on a Belkin and all I get is shitty 20kbps downloads on EVERY torrent and it use to work fine before!!

Im so horny

Im so horny
  • Members
  • 369 posts
QUOTE (Sean @ Jan 5 2007, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PFFFT, im on a Belkin and all I get is shitty 20kbps downloads on EVERY torrent and it use to work fine before!!

My grandma say D-LINK FTW

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
QUOTE (Sean @ Jan 5 2007, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Torrents arn't the fundimentals of a good connection FFS. All belkin gear I've got (though expensive) has lasted and lasted well.
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users