Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Isn't anyone else bored of mmorpgs?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

scaramoosh

scaramoosh
  • Members
  • 228 posts
They're all the same boring class based grindfests, people say it's fun to level up and the games take skill, but they don't. All you do is rinse and repeat the same grinds or kill quests and it's basically all you do until you hit end level. Developers arn't even coming out with new ideas, they seem to make the same game over and over again.

Now the success of WOW hit and its worse than ever, SWG got turned into a crap version of it and noones going for anything new anymore. Ones that do are just normally poor developers like DnL that get nowhere but scamming people lol. I've always thought the more intelligent you are the quicker you'll get bored cause generally intelligent people are always looking for new ways to challenge their brains and new things to discover.

I dunno i'm just fed up of doing the same thing over and over, i've been looking for a new mmorpg since the CU on SWG and havn't found one. Before that i was looking for one since 2000 but cudn't get into any, hmm.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
why not try something other than mmo ?

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Willypiggy

Willypiggy
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • xfire:Willypiggy
  • Wii:1295831106846643
Try FPS or RTS? And no, not all MMO's are the same, some have a story line to follow others just have a little back story and don't require you to do any quests to find out how the story ends.

^^ I Am Forum Stalker, Here Is My Latest Kill ^^

^^ Previous Kill's ^^

scaramoosh

scaramoosh
  • Members
  • 228 posts
I do play other genres but since SWG got ruined i've needed something good to play and theres nothing. I've been playing them since 2000 and think tbh they're all the same...

All revolve around Kill quests,grinding,levels,instances,bad PVP, clicking spells and few actual rpg choices lol.

Vengeance

Vengeance

MotM March 2007 | teh_cookierer

• GA Sergeant
  • 2,057 posts
  • xfire:vengeance238
  • Wii:7099005730287119
  • Gamer Army ID:100
QUOTE (scaramoosh @ Jan 4 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do play other genres but since SWG got ruined i've needed something good to play and theres nothing. I've been playing them since 2000 and think tbh they're all the same...

All revolve around Kill quests,grinding,levels,instances,bad PVP, clicking spells and few actual rpg choices lol.

Try the EVE trial. It's an MMOG with a different take on the RPG aspect icon_smile.gif You get skills while offline, and no actual levels exist, just money, skills and assets. If you like the economy side of MMOGs, you should check it out.

scaramoosh

scaramoosh
  • Members
  • 228 posts
QUOTE (Skree/Vengeance @ Jan 4 2007, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try the EVE trial. It's an MMOG with a different take on the RPG aspect icon_smile.gif You get skills while offline, and no actual levels exist, just money, skills and assets. If you like the economy side of MMOGs, you should check it out.

Used to play it in 2003, joined a corp called Rona they became massive with over 200/300 members but some scamming crap happened and they joined a pirate Alliance and i left. It ruined the game for me, put alot into the corp and couldn't be bothered to start over.

§haziro

§haziro
  • Members
  • 427 posts
  • xfire:shaziro
  • Xbox / GFWL:IdOxICE
  • PSN:No.
  • Wii:---
Ever played fable? It's not a mmorpg, but it definitely sucks you in, and is amazing. It's easily the best rpg i've ever played, you should try it. No levels, no classes. It's definitely unique. And I heard fable 2 is coming out soon.
ShaziroBlack

NINE1ONE

NINE1ONE
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • xfire:nine1one
Fable is sort've like Diablo isn't it? My friends told me about it and said i should get my hands on a copy. I read some articles, reviews, watched some gameplay vids and stuff. It looks pretty tight

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,866 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
MMO's aren't truly about gameplay, but the people you play it with.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Lov3

Lov3
  • GA Corporal
  • 890 posts
  • xfire:ipwnhardxore
  • Interests:Pwning noobs, and training my micro.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lov3
  • PSN:< PS2
  • Gamer Army ID:237
It's true you know. An MMO is a fantastic game to play, it's online and you gain levels and hang out with online people. The problem is that there is basically only one MMO, and that's Everquest. Everything else is just a re-skinning of the same game, with some basic improvements. Everquest expansions, if you like. I'm playing WarcraftQuest right now and it's pretty fun, but there's no way I'm going to buy VanguardQuest or StarWarsQuest, because paying more than one subscription for the same game is no fun. The whole MMO thing is far too primitive to be a proper genre at the moment, IMO.
"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer. And access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format meaning that it transcends many devices -- PSOne, PS2, and now PS3" - Phil Harrison, Sony, December 2006.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users