Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gamer girls...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
  • xfire:Maerwen
  • Interests:No.
This is actually something that has been eating away at me for a while. I wrote a blog on it (link below), but I was curious to hear your opinions on it. Do you agree? How many girls actually take my side? Discuss.

Click for teh blog.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
I don't really care about your blog.

Make me a sandwich please.

( Joke )

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
At least you said please. brian.png

DeathSentinals

DeathSentinals
  • Members
  • 393 posts
  • xfire:deathsentinals666
  • Interests:You ;)
  • Xbox / GFWL:DeathSentinals
  • PSN:Wth is a PS3
  • Wii:Wth is a Wii
I do agree with it, it's pritty good vary nice...

=DS=
Former PP CS:S Clan Member
-Thanks for closeing our clan XIM and Geoff >.>

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
I agree, it is annoying that they must be like <3jessic4<3 and every guy in the server is offering a clan position or something.. annoying really, I have way more respect for a girl that doesn't put something that makes them a girl in their handle. To be honest I don't have respect for the other kind of gamer girls.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Sumo

Sumo
  • Members
  • 173 posts
Its a good thing I don't play games to pick up girls. That's what frat parties are for!

Good points, anyway.
When in doubt, Do a barrel roll!

DeathSentinals

DeathSentinals
  • Members
  • 393 posts
Well you no if i met a chick playing a game online and she live near me and we actually meet in RL and we actually like eachouther and i think shes i'd go out with her n stuff.....

=DS=

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
This thread is a hypocrisy! Ah but how else would this info get out, so it's ok haha! 0.o
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

QuamSerena

QuamSerena
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • xfire:Xs1t0ry
Good blog post (a contradiction in terms?)

Although I must say not all girls are like that when it comes to games. When I played SWG (Flurry server FTW!) Tiris-Sun and Ishtar Erech and Dara and what not were really cool and never flirted or flaunted around like that. I guess what I'm trying to say is not all girls are LOL LOOK AT MAH WEBCAM I HAEV BOOBS WANNA CYBER <3<3<3
IPB Image

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
Of course not all girls are like that. I'd like to say I'm not. Stereotypes are there for a reason, but there are always exceptions. I just know I'm not the only girl who is bothered that this stereotype makes it hard for us to enjoy playing.

DeathSentinals

DeathSentinals
  • Members
  • 393 posts
Well the thing is, is that i could say that well for me it's not all about the looks but i would be lieing if i said that it doesint matter weather you a boy or a girl it is all about the looks and if you arnt sexy or good looking you will be consitered not cool and people are actually like this i have no problem with people that are not as good looking as hot or good looking people but when it come to daiting i do want somebody who is hot and sexy and i'm sure i anyone said well i dont care about looks they're bullshit lieing

=DS=

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
I don't really see how physical appearance has to do with this topic, but for record, not everyone is shallow. I honestly could not care about how someone looks. It's all about personality and intelligence to me.

Smallfry

Smallfry
  • GA Corporal
  • 57 posts
  • xfire:smallfry1989
  • Xbox / GFWL:smallfry1989
  • PSN:smallfry1989
  • Wii:2234-9154-2456
  • Gamer Army ID:349
  • Company:Gamma
yep i totally agree, its like your a human being like very body else and yo should be able to go in a server and play like any guy would without hassle(unless there some cock fag on your team giving you aggro) and be able to enjoy the game like guys do and if you dont belive me there are more girl gamers then boy gamers out there according to this poll i seen the other day lol so you gilr should have the advantage over the gaming world lol and even have like girl names like cutiepuff and not get aggro of boys, but some girl gamer are addiction whores and like the addiction this give you a bad image and guys think all gamer girls are like this when there not. Anyway i agree wiht you

-Smallfry

The singature below is going to make what i said seem like a load of bull shit but it was something i did in paint along time ago and havent got round to creating a better sign or should i say the skill (well i have got the skills its just i change between agmes so often i can really create a sig to keep with the games i play unless i was to create one ever week lol) ive gone on long enough, peace out and merry christmas to you all

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
Seven steps to being a gamer girl.

1) Most importantly, you must be hot, no exceptions. If you're not hot, you're not a gamer girl; just a girl who plays video games.
2) You must advertise that you're a female in all ways possible. The most popular way among the gamer girls is to post pictures of you half-naked or showing your cleavage. Remember, you're not a gamer girl if you're not showing your breasts!
3) You must use the less-than-three symbol (<3) and anime faces (^_^) EVERYWHERE. To be a true gamer girl, you have to spam cutesey things like that every chance you get.
4) You must act like gamer girls are such a minority, and since you're so rare, you are God's gift to all men. You must think all guys want you, and to even have your undivided attention for a small moment is a grand priveledge.
5) Also, you have to hate guys for making you the minority. It's completely THEIR faults that most girls would rather chase butterflies than orcs. Anyhow, guys suck at video games. Girls are sooo much better, woo!!
6) If you can't ever beat a stage, though, you can always just get a guy to do it. That's what they're there for, right?
7) If you lose to a guy, it's perfectly all right-- it's even almost cute. You're just a girl. What has become your reason to call guy gamers sexist pigs has NOW become an excuse, a crutch to lean on.

It's so sad that this has become the stereotype for female gamers. The worst part about it is that we as a gender are at fault-- we created it, not guys. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with embracing one's feminine side (I would be one hell of a hypocrite if I said guys can be masculine while girls cannot be feminine), but there is no need to advertise it like it's the most important thing about you. Isn't it funny how girls complain guys can't see us as equals, only as girls attempting to play video games? You whine because they treat us differently because we're girls, and then draw attention to yourself for being a girl gamer, and flaunt it everywhere. Guys who play videos games are just gamers, while girls who play video games have become gamer girls. You can't want to do away with a stereotype if you're the reason it exists.

Girls, this is embarassing. How can you expect guys to take us seriously if you're always begging them for help to win a relatively easy level? How can you expect them to take us seriously when we're giggling over Vent/Teamspeak just to hear ourselves speak? Or if we're spamming our Myspaces and Guild/Clan forums with pictures of us half-naked with a Wii controlled shoved in between our breasts? Or if we bitch about not being taken seriously because we're girls, and then when you suck, use being a girl as an excuse for sucking? While guys play games because they just want to play, girls act like they only play games to flirt and call attention to ourselves for being female. How can they take us seriously? How can they see us as equals if you keep TRYING to establish a difference between gender in the gaming world? And then, girls have the nerve to try to blame men on the stereotype WE have created! We say guys don't see us as equals because they're sexist pigs, right? They're not sexist, idiots. Grow a brain and realize they're only seeing things the way they are.

for those too lazy to go to her blog.

But I disagree on most of these, as I can't recall there being any half naked girls signing up here or cleavage shots on this forum or any of the others I go to. Haven't seen it on any other games(although I've seen people advertise slideshow.exe for them as long as you stick in the same game as them(for those that don't know this is a scam to give you a trojan virus to steal your stuff)). Attention whores are in good quantity but mostly they don't post boob shots.

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Every "girl" I got to know during WoW who acted after those rules turned out to be a man. lol

Drizau

Drizau
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:FPS/ RTS
  • PSN:LikeaNinja
To be honest this isn't the nineties any more, if you're a girl and you play games and you're still moaning about the stick you get then perhaps you shouldn't play games.

When a guy loses and gets called a noob he doesn't wave the flags and say it's a hypocrisy because it must be sexist, after-all he was a male and called a noob, isn't that generalizing that all males are in fact noobs? Hm..

But, there will always be a fine line between the norm and the stereotype and most girls playing games deservedly get thrown over it. In MMO's girls will use their feminine ways to get items and money. In FPS' girls will use it to get easy frags and lure the hormonal men into feeling wanted.

I guess what I'm saying is if it bothers you that much don't do it and you won't be belittled.

Drizau.

Laurster

Laurster
  • Members
  • 245 posts
  • xfire:Laurster
  • Interests:Mario cart DS friend code : <br />266356<br />976032<br />pm with wen u would like 2 play with a date and time in GMT
  • Wii:4351778184212291
i was thinking abot this ages ago..
how ever girl you 'meet' on a game or watever acts like that
good points in the blog but its femals own fault..
and they want it they way dont they?
they were born a girl so they will offer like piccs or cyber or even '<3' 4 an item on WoW
and the suckers go 4 it lol
IPB Image
IPB Image

mr.n15h1

mr.n15h1
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Mainly evading the law....again
Sorry but I would have to disagree on your 'rant'. Aside from being a little trite, it's alos some one who's a little angry making inconsidered views (again my opinion). You are firstly only playing computer games ergo not a Gamer, merely a computer gamer. The problems that are faced and complained about by the fairer sex are unilateral across society not just gaming. So you've lost my vote on that count aswell. If you aren't wanting people to discriminate against you because of gender then don't have a char with any sort of one, although this is impossible as you play the 'crack and char customization is limited to what lammies you are wearing.
So addressing your actual points;-
Computer games don't make you a gamer, there's more to it than that. Also warsmack isn't a game it is a dulll dull grind(screw the flack for that), I've played it enough to see it is a pile of balls. it is addicitive and known to be so, and leaves alot of people antisocial and unfit, a bit like cigarettes but worse cos you can smoke down the pub (for now) but not grind.

Advertizing you're female. jeezy creezy, that's a bit weak to start withthe net is fully anonymouse (unless you tell people where to find your blog et al), and for example a few years ago on universal conquest one of our guild members was female, top 5 she was and most of the guild didn't even know, and those that did didn't care as she was a solid player and put in the time and had the strats.

Anyone who solely uses those emotes is a bloke pretending to be a woman, a forum I've been on for years has no real use of those things and plenty of female subscribers.

I am sorry but that only works amongst groups of young people who haven't had any yet, or have given up on it to play MMOs. Yeah there are less women who play computer games, purely because more of them are precluded from playing them (re Islam, not a tirade just a comment). Also because to be a 'real' computer gamer you do have to slavishly devote hours and hours (if not weeks) to playing which alot of women have the sense not to want to do.

Point 5 was so lame even Kyle could take you to school on it.

If you can't ever beat a stage that's what mates are for, to give you a hand for whatever reason like you just can't handle a corner correctly, or there's that one dude just camping out that always pulls a Doug impression out on your punkness.

And loosing to a guy 'cute' screw that, the high score on my Super Mario Bros. NES was set 18 months ago by my ex who hadn't played in a couple of years*. It still stands and we've tried to beat it alot and she was even hotter because she could cane all our asses at something and still be so modest about it all.

Anyways I hope you get to this part without going "Damn forum newb, flaming me", but I have been gaming before you were born (if your blog is correct) and met alot of female gamers, real ones who play tabletop, RTS and not just the grind that is the Crack. So sit down and

[flame on]
Stop getting people to look at you funking pink myspace, it didn't even have any goo music you prink and I hope santa gets you a copy of CSS
[/flame on]

*We're so totally pwnd by it :-(
QUOTE(Andy 'Knife' Lau)
I an one elite

Warsmack:- Because winners don't do drugs

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
You're entitled to your own opinions, but I do have to ask where in the world did you conclude that I only play World of Warcraft? Yes, I do play it more often than other games, but that isn't the only game I play, by far.

Revelstoke

Revelstoke
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,515 posts
  • xfire:revelstoke
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage (been to all the releases), overclocking, and PC gaming.
  • Wii:4422074853482481
  • Gamer Army ID:622
  • Company:Bravo
it's not really any different in real life with hot women.

it sucks when women manipulate guys who are never gonna get laid. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users