Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sad, but true.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
For me anyway.

As video games because more and more advanced, i find myself wanting to play and finish a video game simply for the story!

The story is for me, one of the best parts of a video game. I can't sit down and play a game like morrowind or halo (Yes, i know you all like halo, leave me alone) because what im doing dosent really seem to mean anything.

For example, in the half life series, you are actually playing and trying to uncover dark areas of the story. For instance, "who the hell are the combine" is one of the first things that come to mind when you start Half Life 2.

Another good example of a game i can't enjoy as much would be command and conquer: generals.
Its an awesome online game, but the campaign just isint that great.

I guess what im trying to say (before i rip up anymore of your favriote games) is that more and more people these days would rather play a good story mode in a video game then read a book.

Fell free to voice your opinions, good and bad.
You all obviously have the right to disagree with everything this post is and label is spam. There is nothing i can do about that BUT try to keep it clean?

- Hades

79577008.png

armoredsnail

armoredsnail
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • xfire:armoredsnail
i don't see anything wrong with this sort of gaming. It's whatever pleases you, and if you like to get to know characters and their backstories over plain killing, have at it.

Jeddy

Jeddy
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • xfire:xJeddyx
  • Interests:Playing Cs : s, maplestory..n stuff, i like bein with friends oh and i live at my computer
*Scanning for an unclean reply*
*No dirt found*

LOl ^

I know how you feel, And sort of share the same opinion, Although, Counterstrike has no stroy line if you play online, i just find it fun as it relaxes me, but that drifts off topic.

I know what you mean by how 'you want a story based game', try playing console games, Like final fantasy or Kingdom hearts if they're your kinda games, As i don't know what type games you like, i just randoml chose those two.

Jed.
IPB Image

CaptainWaffles

CaptainWaffles
  • GA Private
  • 283 posts
  • xfire:captainwaffles
  • Interests:Gaming, Internet forums, Gaming again... and thats pretty much it.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Captain Waffles
  • Gamer Army ID:159
I concur... I love the HL games for their stories. I love the Halo games too, but more for gameplay and MP than anything else (although the books are damn good).

If you have a 360 try Dead Rising, pretty good story there, Prey is another good story game (really good in that respect IMO).

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
Yeah, im into Counter Strike to but its not really a game that you can actually talk about if that dosent sound to weird...

xD

Ill also check out dead rising.

79577008.png

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
Story... sorry man, games aren't just as in-depth when it comes to story as they used to be. Like now its all for commercial purposes, sure you may have an in-depth story game but wtf, is it gonna get us money?
Truly if I were you, I would go for console games, they are usually more in-depth than PC for Storylines, Final Fantasy has been a very exceptional contender when it comes to Storylines, I really like Kingdom Hearts as wel. Dragon Quest VIII is also excellent to choose. PoP its pretty good, Splinter Cell as well.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
I love the FF games but i havent really played alot of them lol
Never played Kingdom Hearts though.

79577008.png

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
suikoden series is generally awesome for the plots (especially 2), new prince of persia games were story driven if anything (the combat was aight in the second.. but the third and first were iffy tbh) and im not sure how you can say morrowind doesnt really have a story since the main quest has /alot/ of lore to it >.>

edit: erm.. you didnt play much of morrowind did you? xD

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Lord Panzerfaust

Lord Panzerfaust

Best Music Contributor

• GA Private
  • 3,013 posts
  • xfire:lordpanzerfaust
  • Interests:just gaming and music :P
  • Steam ID:lordpanzerfaust666
  • Xbox / GFWL:Age Ov DooM
  • PSN:LordPanzerfaust
  • Gamer Army ID:3878
  • Company:Pi
i reckon God of War is good for the story...its starts with kratos as he jumps from a cliff to kill himself...then it goes back 3 weeks so u uncover what happened to kratos and how he sold he soul to Ares...i was surprised on what happened but its a nice finish at the end...ties things up in which what i like from a console game.

DGReaper

DGReaper
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • xfire:dgripper
thats the only reason i played FF7.. i hate its gameplay, but i loved the story icon_biggrin.gif
IPB ImageIPB Image [MArio pwning peach LMAO!]

Punish3r

Punish3r
  • GA Private
  • 240 posts
  • xfire:DanTheMan7772
  • Interests:Filmmaking, Photography, Catching pokemon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Movies, Brushing my teeth, Washing my hair, Giving the dog a bath, Running around crazily screaming ahhh man eating squirrels attack, Playing the bass, Setting fire to non-flamable items, Running in circles, Running like a maniac, Taekwondo, Wresting with my brother, Using a sword, Going peepoo, Riding my tricycle. Jumping.Blinking. Breathing. Thinking. Sleeping. Reading. Listening, Farting, Yelling, Kicking, Punching, Eating pizza, Hitting evil mutant squirrels, Running into doors, Yelling at the Neighbor's dog, Itching my head, Eating spegetii O's out of my bellybutton, Making baby's, Using the phone, Running water pointlessly, Playing peek-ah-boo, Using the force, Being a pokemon master, Voting for pedro, Judo chopping salamie, Jump kicking fences, Head butting penguins.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Punish3r x3h
  • Gamer Army ID:486
I agree and disagree at the same time.

I love a good story, but sometimes if a game has great gameplay an OK story, I can roll with it. Think about, Mario has a super generic plot, yet it's amazingly fun.

I understand what you mean, I love games like Final Fantasy that have a deep evolving plot, games like Morrowind and Oblivion that have a deep story that changes depending on what you do, and games like Gears of War, that has an OK story, but mostly is just fun.

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
nothing wrong with what your doing. there are three types of gamers

those who play for fun

those who play competitively

and those who do both.

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
One of the reasons Legend of Zelda is such a good franchise.
IPB Image

Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • xfire:Inhumancode
I too need the game to have a good storyline, but for me to really enjoy the story-line, the game must have decent gameplay and at LEAST Good Graphics. Its cogs in the machine for me.

I agree that they aren't as in-depth as they used to be, and that makes me sad icon_sad.gif I miss the days of LONG LONG games. I remember Tomb Raider taking MONTHS to finish. Aaaah....
bagel r liek kwl
Submit to the Bagel. If you badmouth Bagels serious reprocussions shall follow.

Raykak

Raykak
  • Banned
  • 120 posts
  • xfire:lordray
  • Interests:Guitar, Starcraft, Counter-Strike, and Battlefield 2142
  • Xbox / GFWL:RJK Warrior
  • Wii:Lol?
TBH, Half Life 2 is more of a interactive movie.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I havent been able to play a game for it's single player in quite awhile...I cant really play games for there story so much anymore. I seem to be buying games and just jumping straight into the MP because the SP dosent really give me the same thrill and excitment that the multiplayer has to offer.

Just my two sense.

Revelstoke

Revelstoke
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,515 posts
  • xfire:revelstoke
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage (been to all the releases), overclocking, and PC gaming.
  • Wii:4422074853482481
  • Gamer Army ID:622
  • Company:Bravo
nothing wrong with that, i love the half life series for it's story, and its why i hated FEAR, its story was.. uhm.. idiotic.

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Also, banned. | Best Ice Cream my pants Shacker 08 & 09

• GA Corporal
  • 5,719 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much anymore.
  • Gamer Army ID:334
I totally agree with the story thing. If a game hasn't got an epic storyline, there is really no incentive to find out what happens and I get bored pretty quickly.

Though there are exceptions, such as CS and WoW, which are good because, well, they just are.

Vepr

Vepr
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,524 posts
  • xfire:Vespu
  • Interests:certified diving, ballroom, gaming, being UKRAINIAN!
  • Gamer Army ID:171
  • Company:Kilo
For story and online play, i would have to recommend guild wars. Cause it has the story and you have to group to beat missions and actually have good teamwork.

Also once you beat the story you can do PvP and GvG which is pretty decent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users