Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

super smash bros. melee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

Yellow Storm of Senbonzakura

Yellow Storm of Senbonzakura
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • xfire:yellowstorm
1.Falco Lombardi:Love the combos, reflector, blaster and jumping
2.Fox McCloud:Similar to Falco but doesnt suit my style as much as Falco does
3.Young Link:Good ranged and melee attacks,also fast
IPB Image

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts
Samus Aran pp_smiley4.gif she's technical, and i like technical she can also finish you off nice n quick while still being fast

EDIT: thanks i keep forgetting, damn that ending lol.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (Defiled @ Apr 6 2006, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Samus Aran pp_smiley4.gif he's technical, and i like technical he can also finish you off nice n quick while still being fast

It's a she.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
Anybody here know of the Link/Young Link hookshot trick? It's pretty nifty. icon_biggrin.gif
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ Apr 6 2006, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody here know of the Link/Young Link hookshot trick? It's pretty nifty. icon_biggrin.gif

Are you talking about the one where you throw a boomerang off a ledge, quickly jump off/hookshot the ledge and let the boomerang hit you on its way back, to send you WAY up in the air from where you can rain down about 5 bombs?

Or just airdodging-> hookshot to get back into the ring instead of an up B?

Also.. the boomerang trick only works on the 1st edition of the game. The new copys are fixed.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

tist

tist
  • Members
  • 1,238 posts
ssbm

1. pikachu
2. falco
3. link

ssb

1. pikachu
2. fox
3. kirby
IPB Image

t3h_lawl_n00b

t3h_lawl_n00b
  • Banned
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:gesi1223
  • Xbox / GFWL:Musashi2004
  • Wii:6880696971734726
1)Mario
2)Ness
3)Marth

My best 3 :]

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
ALLRIGHT SSBM YEAAA!!

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Spudgun

Spudgun
  • Members
  • 197 posts
1. Fox
2. Bowser
3. Pikachu

Only got my hands on a GC 2 weeks ago, the best £20 I've spent in a long time.

-spudgun_uk icon_wink.gif

chesterr01

chesterr01
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:- ssb melee, top 2 in canada.<br />- ladies<br />- hockey, badminton<br />- texas hold em<br />- I don't have a myspace or anything like that because I have a life to live LOL
WHOAAAA!!
Please crown me king of this place, k thx.
I've been living in Ottawa for 1 year and and a half, originally from Montreal, going back to Montreal. I used to play smash once a week when it was released, and then I took a ride on the noob school bus in 2003 and decided to pwn. Ever since, my friend and me have managed to become like, top 2 of Canada. Ya we schooled some dudes from WC.

I've been playing in Smash competitions ever since, in the East Coast of Canada, and I'm probably going to Indiana in July for Melee-FC6 to represent Canada, YAYUHHHZZZZ, and I'm contemplating going to California for the "Orange County 2" tournament, where all the Japanese, European, South American, American and Canadian Smashers will meet up in a test of SKILLS AND stuff..

So yeah, if anybody wants to challenge me or something, go ahead! I love to show stuff to new peeps ya. I should get a PP T-shirt and rep PP, cuz I'm like, a ninja and stuff right, and ninjas are cool, and stealthy and deadly, right? I play Fox, Doc, Mario btw. I'm good with all characters except like Yoshi Pichu and Bowzer cuz like, they aren't cool characters, ya.

Please money match me at SSBM if you're in Montreal or Ottawa. I'm not very good : ).

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 7 2006, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or just airdodging-> hookshot to get back into the ring instead of an up B?

Ding ding ding ding!!!
"Wish you were here."

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ Apr 10 2006, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ding ding ding ding!!!

Samus can do it too icon_surprised.gif

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 11 2006, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Samus can do it too icon_surprised.gif

Really? Hm, I might have to try that when I get home! icon_surprised.gif
"Wish you were here."

KantanerX

KantanerX
  • Members
  • 141 posts
Mario preety much owns all of the other characters. Got 1st place at a 50-person SSBM party (at animedetour) vs those n00bz /w Mario.

2nd and 3rd for me would probally be: Gannondorf then Peach

Representing pp_smiley13.gif
IPB Image

chesterr01

chesterr01
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:- ssb melee, top 2 in canada.<br />- ladies<br />- hockey, badminton<br />- texas hold em<br />- I don't have a myspace or anything like that because I have a life to live LOL
QUOTE (KantanerX @ Apr 10 2006, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mario preety much owns all of the other characters. Got 1st place at a 50-person SSBM party (at animedetour) vs those n00bz /w Mario.

2nd and 3rd for me would probally be: Gannondorf then Peach

Representing pp_smiley13.gif

1st- gannon-banned, k thx
2nd- There is NEVER any good competition at anime conventions. Believe me I know. The only time you'll see good people, is when they offer something big and advertize it in advance (like an XBox or something). Then the pros in the city make a small tourney and decide who's going to go get it. Simple. Except when it's free for all with 4 people. That is no good when you want to decide who's the best character. =\

Please money match me at SSBM if you're in Montreal or Ottawa. I'm not very good : ).

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
QUOTE (chesterr01 @ Apr 11 2006, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is no good when you want to decide who's the best character. =\

Correction: There are no 'best' characters. Atleast not by default. Unless you mean "best character for the person playing" (which's most likely what you mean), in which case I agree with you.
"Wish you were here."

chesterr01

chesterr01
  • Members
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ Apr 10 2006, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correction: There are no 'best' characters. Atleast not by default. Unless you mean "best character for the person playing" (which's most likely what you mean), in which case I agree with you.

*buzzer* sorry, lol. Some characters have more advantages than others. Fox is better than Bowser. Sheik is better than Pichu, Marth is better than Mewtwo.
Don't want to be rude, but by what you are saying, I'm pretty sure that you haven't seen competitive SSBM.

I will agree with you that at a non-competitive level, every character can win, but not at high level. In a tournament, there is a core of maybe 8 characters who could win a tournament. Fox, Sheik, Marth, Falco, Peach, can do it with no problem. Samus, Captain Falcon, Doc and Mario could, but Samus gets beat by Marth Fox and Falco, CF loses to Fox Falco and Sheik, and the Marios lose to Marth. Sorry dude.

But I understand these boards won't get much pro-tein posts.

EDIT: I'll agree that there is no definite best character. But some obviously are better than others. I think that the 5 chars I've mentionned are the best in the game.

Edited by chesterr01, 10 April 2006 - 11:05 PM.

KantanerX

KantanerX
  • Members
  • 141 posts
Agreed... I know, anime conventions don't have really tough people there. It was more fun than competitive.
When we played, we could choose a different character each match-up. I just decided to stay with mario all the way. But when it really comes down to it, its all skill, not the characters. Everyone has the one-step dodge, mid-air dodge and catch. Use it effectively to counter and grab / smash / leg sweep.
IPB Image

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
QUOTE (chesterr01 @ Apr 10 2006, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*buzzer* sorry, lol. Some characters have more advantages than others. Fox is better than Bowser. Sheik is better than Pichu, Marth is better than Mewtwo.
Don't want to be rude, but by what you are saying, I'm pretty sure that you haven't seen competitive SSBM.

I will agree with you that at a non-competitive level, every character can win, but not at high level. In a tournament, there is a core of maybe 8 characters who could win a tournament. Fox, Sheik, Marth, Falco, Peach, can do it with no problem. Samus, Captain Falcon, Doc and Mario could, but Samus gets beat by Marth Fox and Falco, CF loses to Fox Falco and Sheik, and the Marios lose to Marth. Sorry dude.

But I understand these boards won't get much pro-tein posts.

EDIT: I'll agree that there is no definite best character. But some obviously are better than others. I think that the 5 chars I've mentionned are the best in the game.

It sounds like you have some experience at tournaments [ I dont] and you said above that gannon is banned.

Why is this? I played with Link for about a year, and Ganon for about 3 days and I was owning more with ganon than with link.. which kind of pissed me off. Using link for so long, and I used ganon for a FRACTION of the time spent with link and was way better with him. So yea.. there's something fishy about Ganon huh?

Or did you just say gannon= banned for fun.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

chesterr01

chesterr01
  • Members
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 11 2006, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sounds like you have some experience at tournaments [ I dont] and you said above that gannon is banned.

Why is this? I played with Link for about a year, and Ganon for about 3 days and I was owning more with ganon than with link.. which kind of pissed me off. Using link for so long, and I used ganon for a FRACTION of the time spent with link and was way better with him. So yea.. there's something fishy about Ganon huh?

Or did you just say gannon= banned for fun.

http://www.gannon-banned.com/gbindex.htm

And yayuuhzzzz I have tournament experience. If you have seen the tier list posted a few times in this thread, this is the ranking of characters from "best" to "worst" according to the current metagame. Some tiers would be arranged differently in my opinion but that's just me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users