Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fun christmas surprise stories...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
So have any of you guys figured out some christmas surprise gift before christmas comes? I ask this because almost every year my parents give me something that is a big surprise. Last year it was a pool table for the family, the year before was a bb gun, and this year I figured my mom's secret plot icon_biggrin.gif. So about 2 weeks ago my mom calls me when she is shopping like "some lady here is asking what good games there are for the Wii" so I told her what gamers are supposeably good and then she asked me about something else. Now I didn't think of it at all for a long time but then last night a thought just popped into my head. Why would she call me just to ask me what good games there are so some lady can buy them? So I thought she may have actually gotten a Wii. So then today I am vacuuming in her closet and I see the box for a Wii behind some of her clothes hanging up icon_biggrin.gif. So I am happy that my sister and I (mostly happy for me) are getting a Wii for christmas and I feel good for finding out her plot for this year icon_biggrin.gif. So has anyone else foiled their parents' plot for secret gifts that you had no idea they were going to get you?
IPB Image

Firefly

Firefly

I make movies, eh?

• GA Corporal
  • 5,099 posts
  • xfire:Fireflyfilms
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fireflyfilms
  • Gamer Army ID:121
  • Company:Pi
I -always- never find out. She's too good at hiding things...
QUOTE (Geoff @ Dec 5 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a big thanks to Firefly for shooting most of this footage.

.:: Pure Pwnage Melbourne Premiere Footage ::.

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
Heh, I think it was the Christmas of 1996.. Yah, I think that's when it was... I was about 7 I believe icon_razz.gif Oh well, it was Christmas morning and I always woke up extremely early and my parents wouldn't get up until at least 7 am which would torture me so they'd always let me open 1 gift. Of course, I chose the biggest one. I ran into the den and got it, ripped it open and screamed at the top of my lungs! My parents immediately jumped out of bed to see that I had opened my Nintendo 64. They happened to have the cam corder in their hands recording just as I screamed "NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOUUUUURRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahh.. What a grand Christmas...
IPB Image

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • xfire:elliotter
  • Interests:Guitar, gaming, music, and friends
QUOTE (CrispyDuck411 @ Dec 15 2006, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, I think it was the Christmas of 1996.. Yah, I think that's when it was... I was about 7 I believe icon_razz.gif Oh well, it was Christmas morning and I always woke up extremely early and my parents wouldn't get up until at least 7 am which would torture me so they'd always let me open 1 gift. Of course, I chose the biggest one. I ran into the den and got it, ripped it open and screamed at the top of my lungs! My parents immediately jumped out of bed to see that I had opened my Nintendo 64. They happened to have the cam corder in their hands recording just as I screamed "NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOUUUUURRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahh.. What a grand Christmas...

LOL! OH MAN, That was funny..

- But on topic, I don't want to try to find out what my parents got me, it ruins the surprise for Christmas. But sometimes I guess you can't help it because of what happened to destroyer 56.. I just don't like it when people snoop. Gives away the surprise icon_razz.gif

Lord Panzerfaust

Lord Panzerfaust

Best Music Contributor

• GA Private
  • 3,013 posts
  • xfire:lordpanzerfaust
  • Interests:just gaming and music :P
  • Steam ID:lordpanzerfaust666
  • Xbox / GFWL:Age Ov DooM
  • PSN:LordPanzerfaust
  • Gamer Army ID:3878
yeah i agree...then you would have to act it was a surprise and i suck at that lol

Doctorworm32

Doctorworm32
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • xfire:doctorworm32
I know most of my presents-my mom just plain told asked me if I wanted the stuff. So far:
Ipod Nano-mom got them really cheap someplace on sale
PP logo T-From my aunt (First n00b store item-I'll be wearing it proudly when I go back to school)
-i pwn n00bs- sweat shirt-my mom asked me if I needed a jacket or sweatshirt
and to top it off xbox 360-I will probably pay my mom back 150. She was going to get me a Wii but I thought about it. I could save up $300 easier than $450. Also some of my friends already have it so we can play online (they are n00bs and dont pc game AT ALL)

Yeah, big haul this year-I feel a little guilty. But I will pay her back, so its all good.
IPB Image

[size=6]If you build you empire on money, it will collapse like a house of cards. But if you build your empire on love, you'll get the Taj Mahal."[size=6]

Revelstoke

Revelstoke
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,515 posts
  • xfire:revelstoke
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage (been to all the releases), overclocking, and PC gaming.
  • Wii:4422074853482481
  • Gamer Army ID:622
  • Company:Bravo
its not really a surprise.. but im going to disneyworld lol.. should be fun pp_smiley7.gif

andytom

andytom
  • Members
  • 900 posts
QUOTE (Revelstoke @ Dec 16 2006, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not really a surprise.. but im going to disneyworld lol.. should be fun pp_smiley7.gif

in my opinion, there is no comparison,
disney world is simply amazing
Silence is Golden.

Econojon

Econojon

MotM April 2006 teh_straterer

• GA Sergeant
  • 5,427 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:32
As a Jew, I get 8 presents. icon_smile.gif
2 shoes and 6 tube socks. icon_sad.gif

tIb

tIb
  • Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • xfire:alistairw
QUOTE (Econojon @ Dec 16 2006, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a Jew, I get 8 presents. icon_smile.gif
2 shoes and 6 tube socks. icon_sad.gif

Are they nice though? That's the thing.

This year my parents paid for a trip to Melbourne, and half a new mobo cpu. They've gone away on holiday and will be away for Christmas. It's taking all my willpower not to open the present left under the tree. I know that there's a circular polarising filter in there, but nfi what the other boxy thing is. Should I be naughty and open it? They'd never know.
fuck off nosy

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
I found my presents one year... Was such a let down on Christmas morning that I decided never to do it again.

Besides, my mums a sneaky lil bugger, I doubt I would be able to find out even if I tried now
My Blog - The Retro Cook

HHUK

HHUK
  • GA Private
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:MSN, AIM, CS, CS:S, TFC, FM2007, PES6, SDVSRAW2007, Halo, Halo 2, Medieval 2: Total War, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dead Rising, Samurai Warriors 2 / Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, Guild Wars, WoW, PGR3, Warcraft 3, PurePwnage, rock music.
  • Xbox / GFWL:HHUK
  • Gamer Army ID:520
The year I got a Megadrive was awesome, it was totally unexpected.

This year however, the only thing I've asked for is a gaming mouse... and I haven't really asked for anything else but I told them I'd like a nice easy to use coffee machine. I looked on the pile of presents and NOT ONE is for me. icon_sad.gif

My parents are always too good at hiding presents, they wrap them almost straight away and move them around every few days. pp_smiley1.gif

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Probably...nothing

icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

AT Jive

AT Jive
  • Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • xfire:atjive
well i kinda no most of the things im getting because i was there when my mom bought them. But my parents usually do a really good job of surprising me with gifts i can never figure out what i get because they will put something in a different box so i open it and im like yay....a toaster...open the box more and something awesome will be in the box.

The Man

The Man
  • Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • xfire:menchions
  • Interests:RUSH
  • Xbox / GFWL:MunchBunchNL
  • PSN:Don't Have PS3
  • Wii:6421140839796455
  • Gamer Army ID:704
QUOTE (AT Jive @ Dec 16 2006, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i kinda no most of the things im getting because i was there when my mom bought them. But my parents usually do a really good job of surprising me with gifts i can never figure out what i get because they will put something in a different box so i open it and im like yay....a toaster...open the box more and something awesome will be in the box.

Dude, last year my mom had a Gamecube box and inside was full of candy icon_biggrin.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users