Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

msn Overrated or underrated?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Jinjo

Jinjo
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:FPS, Sports, All gaming really
Is msn Overrated or underrated?
IPB Image

thevudd

thevudd
  • Banned
  • 1,467 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:104
Assuming you are referring to Messenger, do you mean the protocol or official client?

Jinjo

Jinjo
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:FPS, Sports, All gaming really
All of it like is it really necessaey to go on for hours talking to people you see the next day?
IPB Image

thevudd

thevudd
  • Banned
  • 1,467 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:104
But you can also chat with people you wont. And it's down to the individual how much they choose to be online, not the app makers' decision. MSN is fine.

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil
underrated i suppose.
it does alot more than text chat which is pretty much all that its used for.

RicWhiz

RicWhiz
  • Members
  • 276 posts
  • xfire:naysmith
  • Interests:Airsofting, gaming, movie-making, skinning, programming, pwning, mortaring, realism-hunting, anti-communism-ing, guitar-ing.
QUOTE (Jinjo @ Dec 6 2006, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of it like is it really necessaey to go on for hours talking to people you see the next day?

Only if you seriously don't have anything better to do.

Overrated, says me. It may be popular, made by Microsoft (if that's a plus) and what not but it has some features that are really unessential just for changing information with another person.
IPB Image
IPB Image

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Highly over-rated. Every 10-year-old to 14-year-old girl in my school...always like "OMIGOSH! MSN IS SOO GOOD! I NEED YOUR MSN OMIGOSH CAN I GET YOUUUURS?" to every fucking person. Retarded.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

emsal

emsal
  • Members
  • 726 posts
  • xfire:Emsal
  • Interests:Ownage :D
  • Xbox / GFWL:Emsal
I think people doesn`t think they see each other enough icon_biggrin.gif Some of them use the voice chat thingy.

Or it`s always fun to talk to someone if you`re bored or don`t have anything else to do. Or just for sensual reasons icon_biggrin.gif brian.png

I still use 7.5 cause the new ones make my interweb hang. Or sometimes when i use a program that uses a lot of bandwidth i can`t send a message.

Of course there`s no point in having it if none of your friends doesn`t have one icon_biggrin.gif
I had msn 4 years from now. And i had to wait 3 years before anyone knew what msn was! Stupid icon_cry.gif
Grrrrrr

STFU

STFU
  • Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • xfire:misfitx1
Its a good functional messaging system. I like it and dont hate it. If you see my wife tell her I said hello

pimparooni

pimparooni
  • Members
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Pwning ppl lol
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Dec 6 2006, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Highly over-rated. Every 10-year-old to 14-year-old girl in my school...always like "OMIGOSH! MSN IS SOO GOOD! I NEED YOUR MSN OMIGOSH CAN I GET YOUUUURS?" to every fucking person. Retarded.

You know what's worse? People in schools logging in MSN to chat with someone who is IN THE SAME ROOM. It happened pretty often when I was in high school, and i still see this in college today. Also, people addind all the damn smileys and stuff in their names on msn, it looks totally ridiculous. What would you say if everyone's name in this forums would be like icon_rolleyes.gif xxxx silverrlybp6.png Pimparooni silverrlybp6.png xxxxx icon_rolleyes.gif ?
Now playing in april/may

AoC
TF2
Some CoD4

ArmoredSandwich

ArmoredSandwich
  • Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • xfire:unseendevil
QUOTE (Jinjo @ Dec 6 2006, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is msn Overrated or underrated?

overrated, the only real good thing is that has the abbility to log in, and still show offlline icon_wink.gif

There must be some kind of way out of here...

amorpheous

amorpheous

The old-timer that just can't stay away.

• Retired Staff
  • 2,466 posts
  • xfire:amorpheous
  • Gamer Army ID:18
If I see someone in RL every day, I don't add them on my MSN unless I need to. Most of my MSN contacts are friends I've made online or people that I don't see very often in RL.

There was a period when all my family/relatives discovered MSN and all decided to add me. I accepted at first, but since it's a novelty to them they're so annoying on MSN and I had to block them all. I told them they have my phone number. Use it. icon_razz.gif
(Fasc was here)
n00bschool Lesson #1 || n00bschool Lesson #2
Posting and you. || FAQ
QUOTE (EEDOK @ Apr 20 2007, 06:06 PM)
Also you are not your user id or your join date, you are not your post count, you are not your internet connection or your pc. Now start acting like it.

<+masslac> lol you fucking batshit insane bastard
< Femme> YOu know what I loved in avp?
< Femme> The fucking flying vagina alien thigns

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
I would love to see who on my contact list is appearing offline...cos i sure know i do icon_smile.gif I just hate alot of the people on my contact list...and if i delete them, next time i see them in RL...where i cant press that block button (imagine that) it just makes things awkward.

"Your not on msn often are you?"
"Umm...no icon_rolleyes.gif "

a Teddy Bear

a Teddy Bear
  • GA Corporal
  • 376 posts
  • xfire:ateddybear10
  • PSN:aTeddyBear
  • Gamer Army ID:515
underrated

my U.S. friends all use AIM... they think MSN blows even though they've never tried.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (pimparooni @ Dec 6 2006, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everyone's name in this forums would be like icon_rolleyes.gif xxxx silverrlybp6.png Pimparooni silverrlybp6.png xxxxx icon_rolleyes.gif ?

Lmfao, exactly. And all the custom smilies bullshit...geez. They have a custom smilie for every word. "lol" would be the exact word but with flames. the 2 letetrs "ap" together would be some gay design. Wtf is that? Every letter is a custom smilie, ffs.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Jinjo @ Dec 6 2006, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what is this "see" that you speak of?

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
Overrated.
For some reason, if I know people in RL, I hate talking to them online. There are too many things lacking compared to face to face conversation, such as being able to tell their mood, how invested they are in the conversation, body language, etc.
I talk to a few people occasionally who I don't know in RL, but not so often anymore. Forums are pretty much the only form of direct online communication I can stand.
IPB Image

AT Jive

AT Jive
  • Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • xfire:atjive
i dont think its overrated or underrated really. I myself end up using it for 5 hours a day on average. I havent played games in so long because im aways on msn talking to people i dont have time to during the day and such.

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
I don't really know which way to go on MSN. I think it's better than the other forms of IMing, but I don't like windows live! messenger as much as gaim or trillian. Last time I tried trillian it started flipping the fuck out on me, I suppose I should try it out again because I greatly enjoyed Ctrl+Tabbing through the seven people messaging me with "OMG KOMET IS DIS VIDEO CARD GOOD LOL?"

Still <3 you guys though, so keep up with the video card questions.

The Man

The Man
  • Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • xfire:menchions
  • Interests:RUSH
  • Xbox / GFWL:MunchBunchNL
  • PSN:Don't Have PS3
  • Wii:6421140839796455
  • Gamer Army ID:704
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Dec 6 2006, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd back you up on that. Over-rated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users