Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homosexuality

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Contra_tehpwner

Contra_tehpwner
  • Banned
  • 486 posts
  • xfire:0contra0
One of the biggest moral dilemmas of our time. Gay marriage is known as a "Threat to the American Family", Kids are being raised to hate them and use words such as "Gay", "Queer", and "Fag" as regular insults. With all the murders and beatings we have each year it has become a major concern. So what do you think about it?

Edited by Afterburner, 05 December 2006 - 06:55 PM.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
From the popularity of the Debate forum, I was waiting for this to come... And I really think that it's a touchy subject. So here is what I think.... So in Montreal, their is a lot of homosexuals, I can admit that, they have a gay parade like every month. I have nothing against these people, I admit, sometimes I may feel awkward with them but that is just me.

The thing I don't like about that is that their is always some kind of favorism between the homosexuals, I spotted often some police what ever with "gay" people. And they'll use their homosexuality as a defense like. "Your doing this because i'm gay right?" And then the person will excuse themselves like because he is gay he shouldn't be treated that way, I will be bringing this again, I think they should be treated equally with other people. But not use it as some sort of defense or whatever.

An other thing I don't like is when their is a gay couple and one of them acts like a female, get it straight you are two males, don't act like females, if you have a dick between your legs it means your a a guy, get your facts straight, don't act like a girl. Same thing goes to woman.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
Well morally I don't agree with it for a few reasons I won't get into, which kind of has a domino effect on why I think they shouldnt be aloud to marry, and so on.
MMA, Live it. Steve Irwin Forever.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
I think homosexuallity is entirely acceptable. But like pwner_who_pwns_noobs said, I too feel a bit akward if I'm near one or anything. Not judgemental or hateful at all. Just akward.

However when people use the terms "fag" or "gay", or any homosexual term as a derrogative, I won't exactly stand up against it, but I'll see it as unacceptable. I'm straight so deciding on whether to accept or deny homosexuallity does not change my life really, but I accept it because really, other than sexual preferrances, how are homosexuals any different to us?

They aren't.
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Contra_tehpwner

Contra_tehpwner
  • Banned
  • 486 posts
  • xfire:0contra0
Now I ask you Pwner_who_pwns_noobs, Is there such thing as "Acting like a woman". Do women have an established law or code? Are women limited to certain colors and styles of clothing, and way of walking and speaking? There is only one thing that sets men and women apart: Anatomy. Now one more thing, why shouldn't these men and women be able to think and act as they want to. We were given free will and there are few that express it. Do not put human beings into an average. Do not divide them into groups. We have been given the ability to act and think to our own satisfaction, so people should not be expected to abide by some unwritten law on culture.

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
QUOTE (Contra_tehpwner @ Dec 6 2006, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I ask you Pwner_who_pwns_noobs, Is there such thing as "Acting like a woman". Do women have an established law or code? Are women limited to certain colors and styles of clothing, and way of walking and speaking? There is only one thing that sets men and women apart: Anatomy. Now one more thing, why shouldn't these men and women be able to think and act as they want to. We were given free will and there are few that express it. Do not put human beings into an average. Do not divide them into groups. We have been given the ability to act and think to our own satisfaction, so people should not be expected to abide by some unwritten law on culture.

That's a very good point... and so homosexuality shouldn't be judged like this either. A man acting like "a man" was something carefully crafted by the behaviour of society over time (for example, it wasn't unknown about 2500+ years ago for two Ancient Roman males to walk the street holding hands and not be considered gay or feminine). Homosexuallity has seemingly split into acceptable and unacceptable over time too (again in ancient Rome, homosexuality or bisexuality was normal, infact... common).
"Wish you were here."

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
Damn it, Contra! You stole my thread idea! icon_wink.gif

This is a HUGE dilemma in society today. I for one think that gay people should be allowed to marry. I mean, cmon. I have nothing against gay people, and I think it is thorough bullshit when people will say, "It is an illness, and we are trying to help them." Really, I think it is wrong that in this day and age, gay people wouldn't allowed to marry.

Just my two cents.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
Their is no law against it, but what I am trying to say about it is that these people are acting this way on purpose, I can assure you, i'm sure they didn't act that way before they got homosexual. Some homosexual admit that these people are trying to hide that they are actually men and seem more "normal" towards the straight people. And by that I am also involving sex change, which I think it is completely ridiculous! But we all have different opinions don't we?

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
  • xfire:Maerwen
  • Interests:No.
This is an issue I actively support. Whether you do or don't believe it's moral, what's it to you? It's not your place to decide how someone is to live his/her life. I hate how everyone tries to force their religion on the world, and honestly, that's what it mostly is. You wouldn't want someone with the opposite beliefs trying to force their beliefs down your throat, would you? It's all about free will. If it doesn't harm you, let people live as they please.

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
  • xfire:yankyjoe
I really dont care too much about this subject but temptation got the better end of me!

Let me start off by saying, Im not gay, dont hate gays, and am 100% sure I am not gay. Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I shall but thy input on same sex mariages!

Same sex mariages should be denied, for many reasons. There are way too many reasons aginst, I dont know where to start. The first thing to say I supose is that Mariage is basically for religions, and there are very very very few religions even churches, that alow gays to set foot in, let alone get maried. Because of this its almost pointless to get maried, except to say you are married. I supose that some sort of braging right or somthing. But I do see how two homo's (not uesed as a insult! Its a abrevation!) might feel it creates a stronger bondage.

Overall, I am neutral, but because every one is going crazy over the mariage topic(not at these forums, RL) I decided to make a choice. All in all I just want this political bull shit to stop. Remember gays are cool, just dont grab meh buwt hawl! icon_razz.gif

Edit: IMO I feel like they are pretty much their own race because of society feeling the need to constantly judge all but itself...

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
Heh, funny how quickly religion came into this... Really just because a person might not agree with homosexuality does not instantly mean they are religious. I found it mindboggling before when someone said they disagreed with homosexuality, only to shrug when I asked them why. They were not religous or anything, they just thought it was a silly idea... I mean wow...
"Wish you were here."

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
Well I don't think that marriage should be aloud to homosexuals, they are trying to force religions to do things they aren't aloud to do. They should make their own religion if they want this to happen, not force a religion to do so.

And for insults, I think it depends, I heard some homosexuals don't care about the insults, well I am known as the "Frenchy" of my school, I've been called French pepper or whatever, and I don't feel offended it at all, they can mock my nationality all they want, it doesn't offend me since they don't know anything about it, except for the fact that they surrendered in WWII... Good thing m ancestors weren't there.... So I never surrendered, but the kids at my school still use it as an insult. But I don't get offended, I don't think people should be offended by insults at all, i'm sure that their is some homosexuals that are not offended by these things. While others can, so I say to watch your mouth sometimes, you never know who's around you.

Criss

Criss
  • Members
  • 934 posts
  • xfire:Maerwen
  • Interests:No.
QUOTE (Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r @ Dec 5 2006, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same sex mariages should be denied, for many reasons. There are way too many reasons aginst, I dont know where to start. The first thing to say I supose is that Mariage is basically for religions, and there are very very very few religions even churches, that alow gays to set foot in, let alone get maried. Because of this its almost pointless to get maried, except to say you are married. grab meh buwt hawl! icon_razz.gif

I'm not religious, and I refuse to have religious influence in my marriage ceremony. Should my marriage be denied?

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
QUOTE (BlightedArt @ Dec 5 2006, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found it mindboggling before when someone said they disagreed with homosexuality, only to shrug when I asked them why. They were not religous or anything, they just thought it was a silly idea... I mean wow...

Yah, thats not exactly what I ment to say... But you just grouped toghether the opinion of America. I like your point of view tho, your a very wise person pp_smiley2.gif .(No sarcasm.)

QUOTE (Roflcopterz! @ Dec 5 2006, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not religious, and I refuse to have religious influence in my marriage ceremony. Should my marriage be denied?

No, not if the church actually alows it. Being gay is a totaly diferent thing. If pastors did allow Homosexuality then my input would be, to allow them to get married. I dont think I said my message correctly.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (pwner_who_pwns_noobs @ Dec 5 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Their is no law against it, but what I am trying to say about it is that these people are acting this way on purpose, I can assure you, i'm sure they didn't act that way before they got homosexual. Some homosexual admit that these people are trying to hide that they are actually men and seem more "normal" towards the straight people. And by that I am also involving sex change, which I think it is completely ridiculous! But we all have different opinions don't we?

Actually, I know two people that have recently outed themselves and they aren't flamboyant like the stereotype, though some gays are like that, they aren't pretending. Sex change really means that there is a guy who has a womans wants and needs, but wants to be a woman to fulfill those, not be a gay man, and a boy/girl trapped in a womans/mans body is a seriously phycologyically hindering condition.
Edit: recently being about a year and a half for the least recent.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
QUOTE (Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r @ Dec 5 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah, thats not exactly what I ment to say... But you just grouped toghether the opinion of America.

No,w I don't want this to turn into a stereotype argument, but seriously.. most Americans don't think that way. It's got to be around the same percent of people as in Europe, Australia, etc.

3dozerbuild

3dozerbuild
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,494 posts
  • xfire:3dozerbuild
  • Xbox / GFWL:teh wonderer
  • PSN:cheech
  • Wii:6496583014150106
  • Gamer Army ID:948
I don't mind gay people, but gay marriage i think is wrong, because marriage is supposed to be between man and woman in my opinion. It started off with Adam and Eve not Adam and Aaron.(Btw im an atheist, i just heard that quote from a debate at my school about it.)

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Dec 5 2006, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No,w I don't want this to turn into a stereotype argument, but seriously.. most Americans don't think that way. It's got to be around the same percent of people as in Europe, Australia, etc.

It also depends on where you live tho, like what party or county is. Mines is republican... See now why I would stereotype?

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
QUOTE (Roflcopterz! @ Dec 5 2006, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent point. If "regular" people don't include religion in their marriages, why should we force it upon "irregular" people? Seems like political bullshit to me..

Anyway, I see homosexuality as just like... a slightly more flamboyant heterosexuality. Let the people do what they want... as long as it isn't to close to me... and if we discriminate gays, how is that different from discriminating against anyone else? If we can't make them equal, why are other people deemed so? It's all very hypocritical and such... regardless, I have no problems with them.
Except the preachy ones. Those are a pain in the ass.
No pun intended. ... har harh ar....

Hmm... and you know, although I'm certainly not gay, I have a lot of heroes who are... Graham Chapman, Freddy Mercury, the list goes on... they definitely have some solid representatives.

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
QUOTE (VulgaritySocks @ Dec 5 2006, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let the people do what they want... as long as it isn't to close to me...

It will get close to you. It will effect you. And one day you will have to take a stance, maybe not today or the next day... But in the end the choice is ours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users