Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homosexuality

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Spencer

Spencer

Best NickName of 2006 as teh_raperer

• GA Private
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Basically like to play games, spend time on the computer browsing teh intratubes. IRL I like to play baseball and enjoy spending time with my pals, sounds swell don't it?
  • Gamer Army ID:1466
In my opinion, I wish government could just outlaw all forms of gay marriage, problem is that government doesn't hold that power in DC. That power belongs to the states. What the states do with it who knows. Gay people seem to stand out, in my opinion, like they want something from you. I wouldn't mind them that much if they were kind of kept underground ( for lack of a better word). To me, the reasons why gays get ridiculed and the word "gay" is used so derogatory is because of the image the gay community has put on us. Results may vary from place to place of course.

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (teh_raperer @ Dec 7 2006, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gay people seem to stand out, in my opinion, like they want something from you.

Do you think that what they want might be for people to treat them the same as straight people, to have the same rights to get married, and to not be treated like they are so totally different just because they attracted to members of the same sex?
My Blog - The Retro Cook

ScripT

ScripT
  • Members
  • 463 posts
  • xfire:diamondsonmyneck
  • Interests:Gaming, Comic Books, and getting high school out of the way as soon as possible.
  • Xbox / GFWL:No
  • PSN:No
  • Wii:No
My personal views on homosexuality are this. I think it's bad and it wasn't meant to ever happen. I believe that the "being born gay" is true. Besides I can't really be just because as blacks are discriminated for whatever reason, gays are too. So I think that's unjust to hate on one person for a certain reason. I basically just think to myself "that's him not me, he's fine with his life so theres nothing left to talk about". I think it's more or less in the genes. Possibly from mutated genes from bad eating, living, etc. and maybe this has an effect on how some people are "born gay". It also could be because of simple things like your dad not telling you to "get your fucking hands off your hips" or things like that.

I also have a uncomfortable factor with gay people because I fear they might like me. <D:

I also think that everyone's personal views have to do with they way your raised, religion, and IQ level. For instance, youll probably see a redneck hate "homosexzualz" because they aren't raised properly and are plain retards. A person living in a 2 parent household who went to a good high school and was raised properly would probably have a different outlook on it.
IPB Image

#nuffsaid
We idle back.

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
QUOTE (melonqueen @ Dec 6 2006, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Homosexual couples should have the same rights as straight couples. And yes to me that even includes being able to adopt/have children.

I may not agree with you here... Not because I don't think the gay couple would be equally qualified or anything of that sort. I just think it may be unfair to the child being adopted. Who knows what kind of ridicule this child may have to face, just because of something he had no involvement in: who his parents are. I just don't think the country is ready for this yet, in a time where "gay" and "fag" are such common schoolyard insults. A child with gay parents could be a target for bullying, or he/she may feel different. This could be really detrimental to the child's early development. From a scientific standpoint, most children turn out the best when raised by a mother and father, but most specifically a mother; something a gay couple couldn't provide.

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (RBrenner14 @ Dec 7 2006, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may not agree with you here... Not because I don't think the gay couple would be equally qualified or anything of that sort. I just think it may be unfair to the child being adopted. Who knows what kind of ridicule this child may have to face, just because of something he had no involvement in: who his parents are. I just don't think the country is ready for this yet, in a time where "gay" and "fag" are such common schoolyard insults. A child with gay parents could be a target for bullying, or he/she may feel different. This could be really detrimental to the child's early development. From a scientific standpoint, most children turn out the best when raised by a mother and father, but most specifically a mother; something a gay couple couldn't provide.

Point taken. But just remember, children can be the target of discrimination for any reason. It could be that the kid is overweight, has glasses, braces, is of a different race... Kids can be cruel, and can and will take any reason to pick on another kid.

There are already homosexual couples out there that are raising kids, and so far, I haven't heard any negative reports about it. True, people think it's best for a child to be raised by a mother and father. But what about families where the mother dies at childbirth, or the father walks out, or single mothers who get pregnant from a one night stand or artificial insemination...? There are so many types of families out there these days that a homosexual couple raising children should be no problem at all, as long as they are good parents and love their children.
My Blog - The Retro Cook

Luther_Vespers

Luther_Vespers
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • xfire:luthervespers
  • Interests:Computers, Guitar, Music in general
QUOTE (Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r @ Dec 6 2006, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you see Bush killing all gays because of their beleifs? No.

I didn't say he was killing them. I guess I'm more relating to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s than the Holocaust. African-Americans were denied the right to vote, the right to use "white only" public services. Further back in time, an African-American could not take on a Caucasian in court - which takes away [i]legal rights[i]. Our society has "accepted that this is wrong". So I'm just calling us hypocrites because we claim to accept that we were wrong, yet we are still doing it.

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
tl;dr

BUT;

I'm not a homosexal, yeah sometimes a weird thouht has shot into my head (which involves homosexuality) but I'm comfortable in that I find women attractive, believe I'm straight, and that some thoughts just can't be kept out. I have some good friends which I admire more than anything, as I hate the way I look -- but that's for, and I guess I want to be a little more like them. Does this make me bisexual? I think not.

The thin line between sexualities is much too distorted for anyone to define who a homosexual really is, I think.

Anyway, on the topic of religeon, I'm an athiest -- does this mean that I shouldn't be allowed to be married? Because, much like homosexuality views regarding religeon, it is 'wrong'?
I want to be married some day, because I'm a loving person who actually wants the best for a long term partner which I'll hopefully find one day. I'm willing to respect the wishes of future family to put personal beliefs behind me for a while, because in the end I believe that those who I love, and maybe create, deserve far more than I'm ever able to give.

Much like homosexuals, who's to say that two of the same gender can't marry? More importantly, who's to say that two men may not marry? After all, homosexuality applies to both genders.
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (RBrenner14 @ Dec 6 2006, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From a scientific standpoint, most children turn out the best when raised by a mother and father, but most specifically a mother; something a gay couple couldn't provide.

LESBIANS! Double the mother double the outcome? And I would like the see the study showing that kids are better with a dad and mom.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

imarugbyball

imarugbyball
  • Members
  • 103 posts
I have nothing against gay people. I think they should have the same rights as others and all that. marrige included. I think homosexuality is kind of a sexual disablity for want of a nicer way of phrasing it. It is something you are born with and you can't change.

I think gay culture is OK too, liek most cultures it has good and bad bits. I like the way they are sterotypically more educated and less criminal and i love the music. I hate the hystrionical OMGOMGOMG crap they go on with and all that fashion nonsense that is on TV. It is annoying and i'm sure some girl would be doing it otherwise and she would undoubtably be hot. Other than that trivial complaint i really have nothing against them.

I really don't think any religion has anything to do with people who don't practice it and when someone mentions god in a political debate i usually switch off.

I'm not realy uncomfortable around people that i know are gay either. Iv'e had guys come on to me before and i was fine with it. It still is kinda weird seeing them kiss tbh, but so is seeing liek really old people or your parents kissing as well.

PS: Stabhappy, it's weird but i get that exact same thing a lot. Mainly because im into doing weights and in the gym i'm like WOW sometimes but i really don't think that makes me bi/homosexual.

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
QUOTE (Luther_Vespers @ Dec 6 2006, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say he was killing them. I guess I'm more relating to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s than the Holocaust. African-Americans were denied the right to vote, the right to use "white only" public services. Further back in time, an African-American could not take on a Caucasian in court - which takes away [i]legal rights[i]. Our society has "accepted that this is wrong". So I'm just calling us hypocrites because we claim to accept that we were wrong, yet we are still doing it.

Yes exactly- to say that "killing" is the only form of discrimination is one of the most ignorant statements you could say in this argument. I completely agree that this is today's version of intolerance, similar to the earlier anti-black sentiments in the South, and I think that in the future history books will look back at this as a despicable form of discrimination.

It was argued during WWII that in order to fight racism abroad, we have to fight racism at home. Denying homosexuals the right to marry is denying a civil liberty, and if we are trying to spread democracy and morality on our self-created moral crusade, then we should be an example of what we want to spread.

Contra_tehpwner

Contra_tehpwner
  • Banned
  • 486 posts
  • xfire:0contra0
QUOTE (imarugbyball @ Dec 9 2006, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have nothing against gay people. I think they should have the same rights as others and all that. marrige included. I think homosexuality is kind of a sexual disablity for want of a nicer way of phrasing it. It is something you are born with and you can't change.

A disability? Homosexuality is a choice. It's not a disease. If someone doesn't follow popular culture doesn't make them some disease inflicted freak.

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
QUOTE (Contra_tehpwner @ Dec 9 2006, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A disability? Homosexuality is a choice. It's not a disease. If someone doesn't follow popular culture doesn't make them some disease inflicted freak.

It's not a choice either. No person would willingly give themselves over to become emotionally distraught, a social outcast, and all thenumerous other undesireable aspects of the homosexual life. There's a reason why the suicide rate among homosexuals is so much higher than among normal human beings. Homosexuals aren't all flamboyant- many of them are quiet and reserved about it, and often hate their situation.

Contra_tehpwner

Contra_tehpwner
  • Banned
  • 486 posts
  • xfire:0contra0
Now you have a bit of a point with the suicide rate thing, but homosexuals make that choice. It isn't a mental disorder.

Contrallion

Contrallion
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
QUOTE (Contra_tehpwner @ Dec 9 2006, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you have a bit of a point with the suicide rate thing, but homosexuals make that choice. It isn't a mental disorder.

If you can prove that homosexuality is a mental disorder, then your statement has some ground. There is ample evidence out there that says the otherwise. I argued more of a logical standpoint, but there's scientific reasoning available as well.

Mevado

Mevado
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • xfire:mevado
  • Interests:gaming, leeching off poeple for shits n' giggles.
QUOTE (Contra_tehpwner @ Dec 9 2006, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh lord, another one like you. "its a choice wah wah."

I'm sorry, but your mistaken. Im gonna assume that you, 100%, know your strait. Get that warm feeling from kissing a girl? Now lets take me. I dont feel dick shit when I kiss a chick. but, when I kiss my boyfriend, I feel like im on some type of drug for a few seconds. I dont think you can rightly choose who you have feelings for.

Some of you, act like we are some type of huge disease, and we need to be exterminated. And for that, dont reply to me because, well, to me your worthless. I will however, make my case, being homosexual and all.

I dont flaunt it, even I look at the flaunty ones and tell them to get thier act together. Yeah, its annoying, but so are the raging heterosexual men that sit on the bus and go "Oh dude! I TOTALLY fucked that chick last night! She was an ANIMAL MAN!" Its the same damned thing.

Now for a story. I live in Canada. And its slowly starting to be accepted here. Me and my bf were at a rave this weekend. We both k-holed, and we both had a pretty rough night that has changed both of us, and brought us closer. Anyways, we were sitting down resting for a bit, and I had my arms around him and we were talking and the poeple were dancing the night away, when the dj (DJ Alego I belive it was...) stopped the music, and gave us a shoutout.

"This next one is for the two gyt over there, they dont care about todays soceity, he'll always be there for his man. Way to go guy, this ones for you!"

And EVERYONE, turned our way, and clapped at us before dancing again. That was the best moment, of the past week for me. Why? Because noone cared. We were free to be who we were.

Did it really matter to anyone what we were doing? no because we wernt yelling "OMG HAY!!! WERE GAY!!!!"

I cant make any arguments here, simply for the fact it would be PURE biased, but I will say thank god I dont have to listen to these ultra conservativistic hicks. If I wanted to get married tomorrow, I'ts legal here. Is it really that wrong? Stop throwing religious bs outta everywhere because marrige is way more then a religious ceremony.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,337 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
wow... Glad to hear from someone on that side, finally.
Personally, I'm bisexual, and I'm not ashamed at all, nor do I go around parading myself about it. If I was single, and a beautiful woman would show interest in me, I would go for it, without feeling forced to live up to it. I don't know why, but women have always been appealing to me since I started having "crushes". I only realized it around the age of 16 though. I have never been brought up around homosexuality, nor was exposed to it until then. I never liked "dating" girls though. It's a bit awkward for many reasons, being personality conflicts and the fact that all the women I know are just plain out straight. I swear...teh womenz are just too complicated sometimes lol. I'm sure you can all agree icon_razz.gif

I've never been able to find a real girlfriend. I've had boyfriends. I'll admit that some of them were alot more feminine than I was, sadly lol... I have one right now, he's manly and I'm really happily in love with him, attracted to him and things are just as awesome as can be! ( I even got him into CS:S ! lol XD ). I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. For all I know , if he was a she, I'd still have fallen in love with him...or her (! lol I'm starting to confuse myself)

I guess it's just something you can't help sometimes. And it's not really a choice that I've made; the real choice I've made was to accept it and be open about it.

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
Homosexuality is fine with me. As long as it doesn't affect me in any way, I'm good. Freedom of Speech FTW.

I am Christian though - and by the Bible, Woman was meant to be Man's partner, or helper. The marriage is a symbol of their deep unity, when they become one flesh. Sex is the becoming of their one flesh.

So, to me, a Homosexual Marriage will never be a true one, but I do respect the couples' choice in not being afraid to show their partnership and unity to the world and the rest of society.

DarK

DarK
  • GA Corporal
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Meh...<br />Just add me on MSN and talk...<br />Nerf Hurler...
  • Xbox / GFWL:huh?
  • PSN:Where am I?
  • Wii:Friend code?
  • Gamer Army ID:500
QUOTE (melonqueen @ Dec 6 2006, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even get how something like gay marriage should be a controversial topic these days. As far as I know, there are laws against discrimination against people in regards to their sexual preference. Isn't the government turning around and saying they can't get married a form of discrimination?

One of the whole reasons for this being an issue, in my opinion, is that the church doesn't allow gay marriage. Big deal. Last time I checked, there was a separation between Church and State in Australia. We can't allow religion to influence the laws of progressive western nations. Countries like Canada, America and Australia are cultural melting pots. People of all different religions, nationalities and anything else you can think of reside in these countries. We can't ban something because the church says its not good enough.

How are two men or two women getting married a threat to the normal family? Is it any different to them living in a de facto relationship? I don't think so. To me, it's really a no-brainer. Homosexual couples should have the same rights as straight couples. And yes to me that even includes being able to adopt/have children.

My best friend at work is gay. If he met someone that he would love to marry and have a family with I don't believe anything should stand in the way of him reaching that dream. I would just want him to be happy.

Okay wow...
Melonqueen...
Girl you stole the words right out of my mouth...
Seriously...
Gj...

Mevado man... Good stuff...
A gay raver?
Damn...
I'm starting to wish I met you before I met my girlfriend...
heh heh... P.L.U.R.

But yeah... Church and State MUST be SEPERATE...
Allow same sex marriages to occur just not in a church, where God is present. A legal marriage contract should be allowed everywhere. It's our choice so let us do what we want to. If I wanna bend over, I WILL.

Oh and if anyone wants to go all Christian on me, I got LOTS to say...
IPB Image

Mevado

Mevado
  • Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • xfire:mevado
  • Interests:gaming, leeching off poeple for shits n' giggles.
QUOTE (DarK @ Dec 14 2006, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mevado man... Good stuff...
A gay raver?
Damn...
I'm starting to wish I met you before I met my girlfriend...
heh heh... P.L.U.R.

PLUR man, PLUR. Some people here need to learn that and live it icon_biggrin.gif

I like how no anti-homosexuality remarks have been made here since I came. "It's like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and the kids are still trying to eat." - Dane Cook

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
No, same sex civil unions/commonlaw marriages are not recognized most places.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users