Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Religion

• Please log in to reply
2249 replies to this topic

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Jan 11 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K, so let's clarify this. First of all, fykusfire, I don't think he understood what you meant. However, here are a few links which might help you, KiRuR, to be on your way to understanding what you are lacking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense
Or...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain

Dude.
yael.png

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
Yael is scared that the religion thread is dying icon_razz.gif So I'm going to revive it by inventing a new cult of fanatics.

Rule 1: Give your fiancé a dildo before marriage. If she takes it, you must not marry her.

Rule 2: For the sake of the cult, utmost secrecy is required. We recommend that you change your identity as well.

Rule 3: To participate in enlightening assemblies to reach higher states of existence, you must pay the loyalty tax. This tax increases every year of loyal service to the sect.

Rule 4: Do not question Bruce Dickinson

Rule 5: You are inferior to the Master; you must obey his every command, for he knows what is right, and you do not.

Ok... Fuck I don't know why I just wrote that... Well, anyway, just bare in mind that I'm making fun of similar sects that exist in the world, today.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
Lol. Religion should always have minimal earthly obligations, in my opinion. Meaning you should never force someone to church or paying money or anything like that.

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Jan 12 2007, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yael is scared that the religion thread is dying icon_razz.gif So I'm going to revive it by inventing a new cult of fanatics.

Rule 1: Give your fiancé a dildo before marriage. If she takes it, you must not marry her.

Rule 2: For the sake of the cult, utmost secrecy is required. We recommend that you change your identity as well.

Rule 3: To participate in enlightening assemblies to reach higher states of existence, you must pay the loyalty tax. This tax increases every year of loyal service to the sect.

Rule 4: Do not question Bruce Dickinson

Rule 5: You are inferior to the Master; you must obey his every command, for he knows what is right, and you do not.

Ok... Fuck I don't know why I just wrote that... Well, anyway, just bare in mind that I'm making fun of similar sects that exist in the world, today.

Sounds like the religion of "Lucis Trust" to me.

ya_ba

ya_ba

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
QUOTE (fykusfire @ Jan 12 2007, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like the religion of "Lucis Trust" to me.

May I ask how is that even remotely close to Illuminati?

Dude.
yael.png

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (ya_ba @ Jan 12 2007, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I ask how is that even remotely close to Illuminati?

1) Telepathic Communicators

Summary of Work

Telepathic communication from soul to soul through: from mind to mind through integration; between humanity and Hierarchy (inner government of the planet) through Science of impression.

2) Trained Observers

Summary of Work

Dissipation of world glamour, illusion and maya through illumination.

3) Magnetic Healers

Summary of Work

Through "magnetic living". Through laws of life — laws of health and right human relationships. Through continuity of consciousness.

4) Educators in the New Age

Summary of Work

Education through inflow of the light of knowledge into "instinctual man". — Through inflow of the light of the wisdom into "intelligent man". Through applied knowledge, expressed wisdom and occult understanding in "spiritual man".

5) Political Organizers

Summary of Work

International understanding through communication of the divine (political) Will into races and nations, **linking the department of the Manu (the Ruler of the human race) with men.**

6) Workers in the Field of Religion

Summary of Work

Through transcendental mysticism. Through transcendental occultism. Through transcendental religion.

7) Scientific Servers

Summary of Work

Through development of new hypotheses to substantiate the next step forward. Through sensitive reaction to spiritual energies and forces. Through release of energy to relate spirit and matter and precipitate the divine Plan.

8 ) Psychologists

Summary of Work

Through relationship of the human kingdom to the sub-human and the super-human kingdom. Through a study of the divine Plan for the five kingdoms of nature.

9) Financiers and Economists

Summary of Work

Through a study of the nature of prana or etheric energy. — Through study of deflection of this form of concretized energy into constructive channels and "ways of light". — Through study of the law of supply and demand.

10) Creative Workers

Summary of Work

Through linking life and form. Through philosophical relationship of synthesis and the Plan.

dewoo

dewoo
  • Members
  • 710 posts
ok here it goes...

im raised in a christian family and the question if god exists or not have allays been easy for me.
i was kida forced to go to church when i was a kid since my mother and father thought/thinks that the best thing they can give me is a christian childhood. Well anyway as I grew older i began to understand more and more what it is all about.

1. its not a religion, its a relation between you and god.

2. everything is alowed (please use your common sens on this matter) but not everything is good for you.

3. There are the 3 Bs: Bön, Bibel ,Bastu. in english:
pray you can't know a person without talking to him/her.

The bible: you need to read the bible in order to know where to go in life.
and sauna; this is kinda lame but it means that you need to spend time with other christians.

and now you might think, ma i christian.i don't know...

QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Dec 7 2006, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feel free to not agree about me having met God. I'll keep on agreeing with my memory.

i have also met god but it was a long time ago.

when some people pray or sing to god they say they can feel him, that he is precent. but i havn't feelt it for many years now so thats why i dont know if i am a christian.

i was at a conferance for our christian school group in september. they talked about how inportant it was for us to save our class-mates. i was really exited to back to school to tell my closest friend about it. but then on the last night some thing happend. everyone was singing and so was i until i feelt something. i feelt like i was driving in to a wall, I coulden't continue to sing because it fellt just wrong like if ... i can't find the word for it it just didn't feel right and since then I haven't had any contact with god.

but i haven't given up my faith. I still go to church. I even handed out bibles on the day before christmas break to all 9th grade on my school.

and im a very confused becase of this. but if some one asks me i say that im am a christian becase that is what I think is the answer to life..
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
QUOTE (dewoo @ Jan 12 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3. There are the 3 Bs: Bön, Bibel ,Bastu.

Heh. I've heard it described as a chair, "fyra Ben" ;P
Bön, Bibel, Broderskap and Brödsbrytelsen ;o

Anyways, where in Sweden do you live? Finding a Christian in this country is like finding a needle in a haystack. And I'm not sure why you'd be fleeing from God... He's not trying to hurt you, did you actually feel aggression or like someone trying to hurt you? Because that's not the way the Holy Spirit works... Add me to MSN if you'd like to discuss it: ancalagon@linuxmail.org

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
An exerpt from an editorial I wrote a while ago:
What is religion? Why is it here?

It was invented after specialization during the early development of man. Humans invented it to provide answers to questions they were afraid to find out, mainly dealing with the two extremes of everything – Creation and destruction; More importantly, creationism and death. Science has answered many questions that, in the early years of the Roman Catholic Church, was considered heretical and people died for. The Pope is ‘infallible’. That’s a shame, the pope used to be a Nazi, or did anyone leave that out? Yes, that’s right. The pope now is a German who lived during WWII. He believed all the political propaganda they gave out, and he believed In the supremacy of the Aryan race. And religion plays too big a role in the destruction of man. The majority of wars in the modern world can be traced back to religious differences. Without religion, there’d be very little war.

A little opinionated, and I'm sure it'll attract some attacks.
Anyway, to expand on that:

-I have no problem with people having a religion - Religions are used for moral structuring & emotional support. On average, more people that are in jail or committed suicide are not heavily religious.

Another exerpt, from my explaination of the ideal religion, in my own opinion.

The world is crumbling apart at the seams. Wars are being raged over greed and religion. Human beings killing each other over the trivial matter over their own religious preference. It's meaningless chaos.

Why does an entire species feel the need to kill each other over differences in a text written by ancestors?

There is no major religion in the world that has a holy text telling it's followers to black-and-white kill any non-believers. However, the different religions fight each other constantly in the name of their own personal god.

Does your holy creator really want you to kill his own creations? There is no difference in a human being from another other than skin pigment, language and the environment they were raised in. We are all one.

Deaism

I propose to you that we all put down the guns, the swords, the threats and the foul talk, and learn to respect each other for what we are.

I propose that instead of beliefs, we have ideas. Ideas in which we can compare, share, bend and blend with others.

I propose that your god is everyone's god, and that he loves you much more than you can comprehend

I propose that despite what you may do in your life, you will be with your god come the end of your life, because no god that truly loved his children would never let them suffer eternally.

I propose to you that instead of making everyone else happy, you strive to find what really motivates you and drives you in life, and you follow that out to the best of your ability

I propose to you that if everyone finds their own inner peace, then we won't have any serious problems in the world

I propose that we learn to work for each other and the environment, before we kill it off completely

I propose that we stop hating each other for the outside, and start loving each other from the inside

I propose that you take the first step in world peace and stop hating

I propose that you think for yourself, and decide what you truly believe in.

I propose that you break the mold and stop worrying about the rules that everyone lays down for you

I propose that you do what you think is right, and that you strive to love one another.

If we all stand together, united in the world, then we will truly feel what it's like to be in heaven, afterlife or not.

The first step belongs to you.

The religion that closest models this, that I've found thus far, is Unitarian.

Anyway, thats my $.02
To this day, I remain Agnostic.

-Sikotik
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
Well, yeah, the moral aspects of religion are good. It's the spiritual side that needs to be tested, and it's what you need to put faith in. I personally could never be part of a religion that I know has blatant lies, but stay in it just because of nice morals or whatever.

Tuffins

Tuffins
  • Members
  • 876 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Jan 13 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An exerpt from an editorial I wrote a while ago:
A little opinionated, and I'm sure it'll attract some attacks.
Anyway, to expand on that:

-I have no problem with people having a religion - Religions are used for moral structuring & emotional support. On average, more people that are in jail or committed suicide are not heavily religious.

Another exerpt, from my explaination of the ideal religion, in my own opinion.
The religion that closest models this, that I've found thus far, is Unitarian.

Anyway, thats my $.02
To this day, I remain Agnostic.

-Sikotik

It seems that what you are writing is written to only non-religious people? Because...

What is religion? Why is it here?

It was invented after specialization during the early development of man. Humans invented it to provide answers to questions they were afraid to find out, mainly dealing with the two extremes of everything – Creation and destruction; More importantly, creationism and death. Science has answered many questions that, in the early years of the Roman Catholic Church, was considered heretical and people died for. The Pope is ‘infallible’. That’s a shame, the pope used to be a Nazi, or did anyone leave that out? Yes, that’s right. The pope now is a German who lived during WWII. He believed all the political propaganda they gave out, and he believed In the supremacy of the Aryan race. And religion plays too big a role in the destruction of man. The majority of wars in the modern world can be traced back to religious differences. Without religion, there’d be very little war.

Maybe in the view of athiests, etc. But to religious people, religion was created when God made it so. You can't tell them that it was created by humans.

ex: I believe Christianity was created because God came to earth, etc. etc. and so people followed him and thus Christianity was born. Not made up to answer questions we ourselves cannot answer.

Additionally, the Pope isn't infallible and I'd like to know where you got that. I think it'd be pretty ridiculous for Roman Catholics to actually believe that a human being is perfect.
There is no major religion in the world that has a holy text telling it's followers to black-and-white kill any non-believers.

Ah, that would explain why it says, black and white, along the lines of "Kill whoever tries to convert you to their religion" in the Quran.

And, IIRC in the Old Testament, but the laws given to the Israelites were overwritten by the new covenant with Jesus so they don't really apply today.

Sikotik

Sikotik
  • Banned
  • 6,181 posts
  • Interests:Music. Producing/Remixing/DJing/Creating/Listening To and Absorbing it in it's entirety.
QUOTE (Tuffins @ Jan 15 2007, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems that what you are writing is written to only non-religious people? Because...
Maybe in the view of athiests, etc. But to religious people, religion was created when God made it so. You can't tell them that it was created by humans.

ex: I believe Christianity was created because God came to earth, etc. etc. and so people followed him and thus Christianity was born. Not made up to answer questions we ourselves cannot answer.

But, alas, religion was still created by people, not God, regardless of the reason why you think it was created.

Additionally, the Pope isn't infallible and I'd like to know where you got that. I think it'd be pretty ridiculous for Roman Catholics to actually believe that a human being is perfect.

Went to a Catholic private school from 5th grade till 8th grade. Their religion classes said the Pope was infallible, and from what I've heard from other Catholics, it's a widespread belief among at least Roman Catholicism.

Ah, that would explain why it says, black and white, along the lines of "Kill whoever tries to convert you to their religion" in the Quran.
And, IIRC in the Old Testament, but the laws given to the Israelites were overwritten by the new covenant with Jesus so they don't really apply today.

I said
they don't say "kill non-believers"
not "kill converters"
Also, the new covenant is followed by Christians alone. Therefore, the Old Testament was never overwritten in Judaism. But you won't see a single Jewish person say that the Old Testament says to kill non-believers.
His name is Robert Paulson.
I get banned with a little help from my friends
QUOTE (Gillz @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
Last time I checked, you didn't have the right to tell me what to do?

ya_ba

ya_ba

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
QUOTE (Sikotik @ Jan 15 2007, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But, alas, religion was still created by people, not God, regardless of the reason why you think it was created.
Went to a Catholic private school from 5th grade till 8th grade. Their religion classes said the Pope was infallible, and from what I've heard from other Catholics, it's a widespread belief among at least Roman Catholicism.
I said not "kill converters"
Also, the new covenant is followed by Christians alone. Therefore, the Old Testament was never overwritten in Judaism. But you won't see a single Jewish person say that the Old Testament says to kill non-believers.

First of all, if someone wants to believe that religion was formed by God, wwho are you to tell them they're wrong?
I agree with you, it was FORMED by people, that wanted answers, but then again, I'm not religious, so of course I'll say so.
In religion, afaik, the only one who is infallible, is God, so who ever told you this, got it wrong, both from an atheistic point of view and religious.
Some Jewish people DO think that everyone who doesn't believe in God and follows the Judaism rules, should die, and I know this for a fact. Extremists are in every religion.

Dude.
yael.png

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
Heh. There are groups of Jews who would like to blow up the Dome of the Rock and rebuild the Temple of Jerusalem there. They have already made the blueprints...

Oh, and some Roman Catholics actually do believe that the Pope is infallible, which is heresy according to most other groups Christians... I don't think the Eastern Orthodox people think that the Patriarch is infallible though.

ya_ba

ya_ba

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Jan 16 2007, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh. There are groups of Jews who would like to blow up the Dome of the Rock and rebuild the Temple of Jerusalem there. They have already made the blueprints...

Oh, and some Roman Catholics actually do believe that the Pope is infallible, which is heresy according to most other groups Christians... I don't think the Eastern Orthodox people think that the Patriarch is infallible though.

Like I said, extremists...

Roman Catholics really believe in this?
Well, sorry, but that is so weird, I thought that people believe that only God is infallible. Do they have any explanation or anything else to prove? Or...? Really weird, tbh.

Dude.
yael.png

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
In Roman Catholic theology, papal infallibility is the dogma that, by action of the Holy Spirit, the Pope is preserved from even the possibility of error when he solemnly promulgates, or declares, to the Church a dogmatic teaching on faith or morals as being contained in divine revelation, or at least being intimately connected to divine revelation. The Holy Spirit also works though the body of the Church to ensure that all infallible teachings will be received by all Catholics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

And yeah, I know it's insane.

ya_ba

ya_ba

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
QUOTE (Hrugnir @ Jan 16 2007, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:|
Still weird, imo. ;P

Dude.
yael.png

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
Yeah, I wonder why the protestant reformation took place if the Pope is infallible...I actually didn't read that article, but I am prepared to bet that the whole dogma was instated quite late in history, to give more power to the greedy, immoral popes who stole peoples money.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,278 posts
Because Martin Luther and a lot of other people knew that the Pope wasn't very holy or infallible at all.

ya_ba

ya_ba

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
QUOTE (The_Zooloo_Master @ Jan 16 2007, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I wonder why the protestant reformation took place if the Pope is infallible...I actually didn't read that article, but I am prepared to bet that the whole dogma was instated quite late in history, to give more power to the greedy, immoral popes who stole peoples money.

Omg! It's Robin Hood! icon_wink.gif
Yeah, Pope being infallible is so... Contradicting with a lot of stuff... :\

Dude.
yael.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users