Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Religion

• Please log in to reply
2251 replies to this topic

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Sep 9 2010, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think so. But it is powerful mind work, there are many ways to apply black magick to people without them realising it is magick, it can do serious damage.

Because for me I have interacted with these Demons, I have communicated with them. This could be just the greater work of the mind, but to me I accept it as true demonic powers are aiding me as for me I believe demons and Satan are very real entities.

Thanks, and thank you for looking at reasons why satanists believe Satan to be Enki and not just denying our points for this correlation.

I do want to seriously warn people to not try black magick for the fun of it. The effects are very real, and the things that happen to people that just want to test it out for fun can be very sad indeed.

i came back to this thread after... months expecting it to be the same atheist vs retarded christians debate and saw this. this thread has just took a turn for the fucking awesome.

isn't this 'power from satan/demons' pretty much what christians claim about the feelings they get when they talk to their god except, you know, more appealing to the gothic/teenagers? so what exactly does this black magic do? how do you interact with demons? what do you talk about when you communicate with these demons? how do i try black magick? im not trolling or anything. im genuinely curious as an athiest/person with a scientific background education.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ Sep 28 2010, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i came back to this thread after... months expecting it to be the same atheist vs retarded christians debate and saw this. this thread has just took a turn for the fucking awesome.

isn't this 'power from satan/demons' pretty much what christians claim about the feelings they get when they talk to their god except, you know, more appealing to the gothic/teenagers? so what exactly does this black magic do? how do you interact with demons? what do you talk about when you communicate with these demons? how do i try black magick? im not trolling or anything. im genuinely curious as an athiest/person with a scientific background education.

Haha, I think you might be surprised when you see satanists, a lot are neither goths or teenagers icon_smile.gif Interacting with Satan and demons gives you a feeling of power, in control and therefore aids your thoughts, making them much more intense. They aid me in how to control my mind, but also allow me to know what is my physical life and the astral plane. They are also there when you feel down but do not want to control it, for example a heartbreak. You will sense them very strongly, especially Satan and he will help you to get over it. Satan and to a slightly lesser degree demons are there to guide us when we are down in the gutter. I guess that can be related to the feeling after praying to God? But Satan can be felt without the aid of a prayer.

Black magick allows you to control any emotion you have, from pain to happiness. It allows you to control your mind to such a degree that thoughts feel like a reality, you can walk around and generate buildings to incredible detail. Almost like having a dream, just a lot more realistic. Just like real life I guess. In this plane you can also interact with other users, giving them certain bits of information which they will remember.

Black magick also allows you to manipulate people to a great degree. With knowing how to control ones own mind, it is very easy to control others when they have no idea on how to protect themselves from it. You can give people an idea which will eventually take a form. You can make a person think they are in love with you quite easily for an example. Another is you can use a curse on someone, giving them an idea which can help destroy part of their mind, such as forcing them to believe in something so much that they let their real life go. You can manipulate their minds to really mess them up in life. I tried a curse on one person, which required a ritual requesting help from Demonic powers with guiding as much hatred to that person as possible. The person, who was in a normal position in life, girlfriend, job, house, murdered someone about a week later and got placed in prison. Could be a coincidence who knows, I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Black magick some say is a gamble with sanity, you are trying to control ones mind to then change situations which is a very real effect.

Interacting with demons is very easy, you can pray to satan, and(/or) meet them in the astral plane of your mind. They are not these foul beasts that they are claimed to be by religious bodies, but are quite often very beautiful beings. You have to show them respect or they will destroy some of your mind, but you can quite often set up a mutually benefiting agreement with them. You can quite easily talk to one about whatever you like, but often you communicate asking for assistance in one way or another, always making sure to show respect and devotion.

I really warn you about trying black magick because as stated earlier, it can be a gamble with sanity. Some practitioners can begin to lose sight of the physical reality, and can become trapped in their thoughts. Just the idea of black magick has destroyed peoples lives. For black magick you have to first believe in its effects 100%. You have to accept that it is a very real concept and it does work. You then have to be able to control your mind to be able to at least generate something that feels real which can take a lot of time. A lot suggest the first thing to do is to create a temple within your mind of dedication to satan. It can be of any form you want as long as you can vividly feel it. Can be any material, any size, any look, anything you want in it. You then need to ask Satan to bless it. Multiple meditations and thoughts will strengthen this in your mind until it becomes a reality. This temple is then where you can invoke and meet demons to ask any questions you want. This is one of the most basic, yet essential black magick 'spells' to perform. When I say basic, I do not mean it is easy though, you may find it difficult to visualise your temple to such detail, and it will take time.

There are easier black magick 'spells' that work, as it is just the ability to control your mind. So an easier one would be say trying to control some emotion like pain, for example if you turn on a shower to boiling at the point were you can't stand the heat, then try and get in the shower without feeling the pain of the heat at all. (If that makes sense? I'm quite tired and have been typing a while icon_razz.gif)

Hope that's all of interest, feel free to ask about anything else you want to know about icon_smile.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Sep 8 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because for me I have interacted with these Demons, I have communicated with them.

wtfamireading.jpg

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
Speaking of the devil, (literally)

Reading through this list: 7 lies the devil wants you to believe, I've come to think how delusional religious people have become.

The best one is "The biggest lie that the Devil is selling the world is that he doesn’t exist."
Talk about mind-fucking someone. This one takes the cake!

Any non-believers want to take a shot at debunking this?

Whenever someone recites me this shit, I just say, the role can be easily reversed. What if God is the evil one and the Devil is the good one. If the devil is telling you lies, who's to say that God isnt? What if God is lying to you about heaven and hell? Religion really does employ fear and scare tactics.

Edited by Riddle, 18 October 2010 - 11:03 AM.

CartooN

CartooN
  • Members
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ Oct 18 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of the devil, (literally)

Reading through this list: 7 lies the devil wants you to believe, I've come to think how delusional religious people have become.

The best one is "The biggest lie that the Devil is selling the world is that he doesn’t exist."
Talk about mind-fucking someone. This one takes the cake!

Any non-believers want to take a shot at debunking this?

Whenever someone recites me this shit, I just say, the role can be easily reversed. What if God is the evil one and the Devil is the good one. If the devil is telling you lies, who's to say that God isnt? What if God is lying to you about heaven and hell? Religion really does employ fear and scare tactics.

I personally feel that religion issues a form of fear and punishment with crimes. While what religion speaks is what I would consider "good" (ie dont kill, dont steal etc etc) it backs up breaking these rules with fear of a "hell".

In modern times more and more people do not believe in the "classic" religions and opt for a more agnostic/atheism route. What better way to cause fear than by saying these people are too going to hell as well. I dont believe peace by fear is ever a good thing.

Something I always think about is;
Is the man who is a good man because he fears the consequences of not being so, really a good man at all?

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Riddle @ Oct 18 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if God is the evil one and the Devil is the good one

Why not just ask "What if you are wrong?" Pretty sure you'll get pretty much the same answer from anyone who has faith in anything religious or otherwise(Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Scientists, whatever) "Well then I'm wrong, but I don't believe that I am yet."

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE DEBUNKED RELIGION.

In modern times more and more people do not believe in the "classic" religions and opt for a more agnostic/atheism route. What better way to cause fear than by saying these people are too going to hell as well. I dont believe peace by fear is ever a good thing.

Something I always think about is;
Is the man who is a good man because he fears the consequences of not being so, really a good man at all?

But you are assuming that people have faith because they are afraid. Religion isn't just about doing what God wants because he wants it. It's just as much about making yourself better just because you want to be. Do I not kill people because I am afraid I'll go to hell? No. I don't because it is part of a belief structure that tells me not doing so will make me a better person and having a desire to be as good a person as possible.

While many are aware that hell is there, the motivation for not sinning is not not to go to hell, but more-so to bring yourself closer to God.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Sep 28 2010, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snip

damn interesting stuff, i've never gotten to hear a satanist talk clearly, whats your take on the afterlife?

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (Bl!ndf!re @ Oct 19 2010, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn interesting stuff, i've never gotten to hear a satanist talk clearly, whats your take on the afterlife?

I would love to believe that after death I'd spend my eternity with Satan, however I do not believe in a heaven nor a hell. These concepts are based purely on the effects of the mind and I think that no-one should aspire for a heaven, or worry about Hell upon death as the effect will dampen your life imo. If you do anything in life due to the belief in a heaven or a Hell than it is already not worth it.

I believe that life is lived through the mind, and so when we die, our mind shuts off and therefore we no longer exist as an identity. Our spirits still exist after death due to the energy which can be focused or used during life which eventually depletes and dicipates, leaving no spiritual heaven, no torture in hell, just non-existence. So as soon as we do, that is it, there is nothing left for the person bar an energy form which you will never interact with.

So to summarise it:
No heaven/Hell
Live life to the full, no matter what
When we die, that is it, we cease to exist.

It just angers me how people live their lives for when they die without any questions, and then they will turn around and ask me "what if you're wrong?". Well, if I'm wrong, then I will spend eternity with the person I adore, after I have lived a life with no limitations. I am getting all of lifes joys, you'd of thought "God" would have wanted that wouldn't you? ;-) icon_rolleyes.gif

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Oct 19 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do anything in life due to the belief in a heaven or a Hell than it is already not worth it.

unless they are real...
Give me LoL Referals.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Oct 19 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unless they are real...

Reality is partly a state of mind. You perceive these to be real and can't convince your mind otherwise and thus change your life to be with God in heaven when you die. If you could control the mind better, then you would be able to see that it is just an illusion from the mind that has been inprinted from years of following that faith and blinding believing it word by word with no real convinving questioning. You are gambling away your real life for this state of mind hoping that that is what you'll obtain.

If they are real, then I'd end up in your christian hell, with my master whom I've worshipped all my life, and I'd join "hells army" or whatever you believe is awaiting there. It would just be another soldier against God, kind of a strange decision of his. Also, as I've lived my life to the full, loving every aspect of it and worshipping the people on this earth, you'd of thought God would be quite happy with that wouldn't you?

Why do you believe in Heaven and Hell really? It's because you can't convince your mind that they're not real isn't it?

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Oct 20 2010, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reality is partly a state of mind.

I'm not going to argue existentialism, but you are making too many HUGE assumptions in this sentence alone.

If they are real, then I'd end up in your christian hell, with my master whom I've worshipped all my life, and I'd join "hells army" or whatever you believe is awaiting there.

I think you have a misunderstanding of what most christians believe hell is.
Why do you believe in Heaven and Hell really? It's because you can't convince your mind that they're not real isn't it?

why do you believe in satan really? It's because you can't convince your mind that he's not real isnt it?

why do you believe gravity really?

why do you believe the sky is blue really?

why do you believe anything you see/experience is there really?
Give me LoL Referals.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
I think you have a misunderstanding of what most christians believe hell is.

I was mearly mocking christians hell, I know it is supposed to be this place of torture and unpleasentness.

why do you believe in satan really? It's because you can't convince your mind that he's not real isnt it?

I was asking you a question, I've already made my point on why I believe in Satan. It's because to me he is what I want to believe and have convinced my mind he exists. It is a choice due to the freedom it grants and the self pride it grants. I have also performed a lot of black magick to help aid me. I have used this black magick to help communicate with what I perceive as Satan and other Demon entities. That is why I believe in Satan. Now for you, why do you believe in heaven?

why do you believe gravity really?
why do you believe the sky is blue really?

why do you believe anything you see/experience is there really?

Because these are bought across from senses which your mind then forms the object. Watched a very interesting TV show just the other day (can't remember its name) where they showed how easy it is to trick your senses. Chef's did a taste test for example of a lemon drink that was coloured and looked like strawberry, the majority said it was a strawberry drink. I guess what I really meant by reality being a state of mind is more reality is a perception of the mind.

Edited by Teh_Avatar, 20 October 2010 - 07:41 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Oct 20 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was asking you a question, I've already made my point on why I believe in Satan. It's because to me he is what I want to believe and have convinced my mind he exists. It is a choice due to the freedom it grants and the self pride it grants. I have also performed a lot of black magick to help aid me. I have used this black magick to help communicate with what I perceive as Satan and other Demon entities. That is why I believe in Satan. Now for you, why do you believe in heaven?

Because I've had a long series of life experiences that are not necessarily tied to the church that have led me to believe that God exists. You will probably argue that I convinced myself, but I'd liken it to a person in a room with no windows and no doors calling someone outside and telling them that they are convincing themselves that the sun is shining. To the person outside it's pretty obvious that the sun is, in fact, shining.

I've already made my point on why I believe in Satan. It's because to me he is what I want to believe and have convinced my mind he exists.

Did you read this after you said it?

Because these are bought across from senses which your mind then forms the object.

that doesn't change what something is or isn't. How you perceive an object does not change the reality of the object. Here's an experiment in perception. Turn the stove on to high. put a pan on the stove for 10 minutes (preferably not stick free coated). Turn off the stove and believe that the pan is cold. Press your hand on to the pan. Convince the Dr. in the emergency room that you are not seriously burned because you perceived the pan to be cold.
Give me LoL Referals.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Oct 20 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because I've had a long series of life experiences that are not necessarily tied to the church that have led me to believe that God exists. You will probably argue that I convinced myself, but I'd liken it to a person in a room with no windows and no doors calling someone outside and telling them that they are convincing themselves that the sun is shining. To the person outside it's pretty obvious that the sun is, in fact, shining.

Actually unlike you, I am open minded. You have chosen to put your life experiences to the christian God and therefore have read the bible and follow its rules that you believe will lead you to heaven. Its a choice from the mind, I'm sure alot of people have had a long series of life experiences that don't believe in heaven. How can you possibly say that by believing in heaven has nothing to do with the mind agreeing?

And your analogy is off too. It's like a person in a room with no windows or doors calling someone in another room with no windows and doors and telling them that they are convincing themselves that the sun is shining. Your statement leads to the point that one knows that heaven IS real, end of story. Have you been to heaven? And how do you know that that has actually been heaven, and not mind work?

Did you read this after you said it?

I think I made my point pretty clear. Belief is a choice and a choice can be made by a thinking process, thus using the mind. I'm surprised this argument isn't the other way around as you are totally convinced heaven exists and that is that. I don't mind if that is your belief, I find it a little sad from the point of view that you have more limitations in life than I do, but it is your decision; again I am open minded. But you are convinced heaven exists, because your mind tells you that heaven exists and to believe in heaven. I don't understand how you can argue with that.

It can also be the other way around, I can believe in something, lets say I believe I'll go to Hell. But, that is obviously something I'm not that keen on going to, and so I can try and convince my mind otherwise. Belief and knowledge are slightly different parts of the mind.

that doesn't change what something is or isn't. How you perceive an object does not change the reality of the object. Here's an experiment in perception. Turn the stove on to high. put a pan on the stove for 10 minutes (preferably not stick free coated). Turn off the stove and believe that the pan is cold. Press your hand on to the pan. Convince the Dr. in the emergency room that you are not seriously burned because you perceived the pan to be cold.

Lol, fair point, but if you control your mind enough, you won't feel the pain, despite the fact that you will get burnt. You can control feelings and emotions with your mind, which can affect aspects of reality such as the fact that the even though the pan is hot and burning, you don't feel the pain of it. Can you see what I mean? I think a big issue is the fact that you've no idea really how you can control ones mind, whereas I've done a lot of black magick to affect these emotions, so to me it seems kind of straight forward, whereas I'm sure from your perspective without trying any psychological work that your point is straight forward. Just try to be a little more open minded on it all though.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Oct 20 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually unlike you, I am open minded. You have chosen to put your life experiences to the christian God and therefore have read the bible and follow its rules that you believe will lead you to heaven. Its a choice from the mind

It's a choice for me to follow the rules laid out. What I believe to be true is not so easy to just choose. Given my set of life experiences, it would be stupid for me to assume that there is no God similar to it being stupid/ignorant for someone not to believe that the sky is blue.

I can't just decide tomorrow that I believe in buddhism or that I'm agnostic instead.

Lol, fair point, but if you control your mind enough, you won't feel the pain, despite the fact that you will get burnt. You can control feelings and emotions with your mind, which can affect aspects of reality such as the fact that the even though the pan is hot and burning, you don't feel the pain of it. Can you see what I mean? I think a big issue is the fact that you've no idea really how you can control ones mind, whereas I've done a lot of black magick to affect these emotions, so to me it seems kind of straight forward, whereas I'm sure from your perspective without trying any psychological work that your point is straight forward. Just try to be a little more open minded on it all though.

you will feel the pain. You might be able to train yourself to respond to it less dramatically, but you will still feel it until you kill your nerves from the third degree burns you are about to have.
Give me LoL Referals.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Oct 21 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given my set of life experiences, it would be stupid for me to assume that there is no God similar to it being stupid/ignorant for someone not to believe that the sky is blue.

The difference in assuming there is no God and the sky isn't blue is that in the case of the sky you can walk outside and see it to be so. It would be stupid and ignorant to think that a clear sky is not blue. As for God, there is no proof whatsoever.

Also, The_Avatar, it doesn't matter how you repackage it, 'Black Magick' is hypnosis and hypnosis does not affect those who don't allow it to.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Teh_Avatar @ Oct 19 2010, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So to summarise it:
No heaven/Hell
Live life to the full, no matter what
When we die, that is it, we cease to exist.

Fuck, I have the same view of life as a satanist O_O

jk good to hear your thoughts, i shall continue to lurk this thread

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Oct 20 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, The_Avatar, it doesn't matter how you repackage it, 'Black Magick' is hypnosis and hypnosis does not affect those who don't allow it to.

Fair enough, I grant it is a type of hypnosis, but you can trick other people very easily to think things like emotions such as fear or love, just by psychological methods that they don't realise you're inducing.

Fuck, I have the same view of life as a satanist O_O

jk good to hear your thoughts, i shall continue to lurk this thread

Haha, you'll be surprised at how many people say that, and in fact how many people turn to satanism after reading a bit about it. There are two types of satanism, spiritual and LaVeyan, and a lot of atheists actually come very close to LaVeyan satanism, the believe that there is no being of God or Satan, and the idea to better ones self in life no matter what and live life to the full. Satanic views aren't wanting to sacrifice babies to Satan but is the celebration of life and everything on this Earth.

It's a choice for me to follow the rules laid out. What I believe to be true is not so easy to just choose. Given my set of life experiences, it would be stupid for me to assume that there is no God similar to it being stupid/ignorant for someone not to believe that the sky is blue.

As Garamiah, pretty different situations, but you obviously feel very strong about God, fair enough. But can't the life experiences be put to other things? I've had some amazing things happen to me by praying to Satan, some could even call them miracles, I doubt that they have come from God, but rather Satan guiding me to my own miracles. I have also denied God everything, and performed the most sacreligious acts against God, with great things happening to me just hours later. God isn't up to much if he does exist lol.

You have such a high belief in heaven, and following these rules that it's really difficult for me to understand. You are almost proud to believe in Heaven over someone that doesn't believe in Heaven, a deadly sin. But you don't care, because tomorrow you'll go to church, be forgiven, and then be proud yet again the next day. You have to feel sorry for your feelings, why not just embrace your feelings? Accept anger and hatred to things in life, be proud of your beliefs, why should you be sorry for how you feel? What does God achieve for you being sorry for your reactions?

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Oct 20 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The difference in assuming there is no God and the sky isn't blue is that in the case of the sky you can walk outside and see it to be so. It would be stupid and ignorant to think that a clear sky is not blue. As for God, there is no proof whatsoever.

there is no proof in your life experiences. You are assuming wrongly that there are no blatantly obvious and observable things in my life that indicated that there is a God.

If the scientests at the supercollider did an experiment and said something was true, I take it you'd believe them. You didn't see the experiment. You could not duplicate their results. You could not verify that their results were not fabricated. I take it you would not be quite so hard on them as you would be on a religious person.

You have such a high belief in heaven, and following these rules that it's really difficult for me to understand. You are almost proud to believe in Heaven over someone that doesn't believe in Heaven, a deadly sin. But you don't care, because tomorrow you'll go to church, be forgiven, and then be proud yet again the next day. You have to feel sorry for your feelings, why not just embrace your feelings? Accept anger and hatred to things in life, be proud of your beliefs, why should you be sorry for how you feel? What does God achieve for you being sorry for your reactions?

I have no idea what you're even saying here. I'm proud, but I'm not proud I'm angry and hateful and I should be proud, but then I am sorry... what?

Edited by way2lazy2care, 21 October 2010 - 03:58 AM.

Give me LoL Referals.

Teh_Avatar

Teh_Avatar
  • Members
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Oct 21 2010, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is no proof in your life experiences. You are assuming wrongly that there are no blatantly obvious and observable things in my life that indicated that there is a God.

If the scientests at the supercollider did an experiment and said something was true, I take it you'd believe them. You didn't see the experiment. You could not duplicate their results. You could not verify that their results were not fabricated. I take it you would not be quite so hard on them as you would be on a religious person.

A lot of people don't believe it at first, they verify the data and results, and check theoretical work. When several bodies have contributed research to the area before such a large experiment is undertaken, and the results prove the work before hand, then I don't understand why one can't accept that work as being true. They don't have to change their life to worship that bit of research though. For religion, you can't verify anything. You've had some life experiences so you believe in God, I've had some life experiences so I most certainly don't believe in God, and there are others that fall in each category. Just because you've linked your life experiences to God doesn't mean others can't question your beliefs. Just like in research, if you've linked your results to a phenomenom, it doesn't mean others won't question the research.

I have no idea what you're even saying here. I'm proud, but I'm not proud I'm angry and hateful and I should be proud, but then I am sorry... what?

Sorry it was a bit of a ramble. What I meant was you are so proud of the fact that you're christian, that you come across angry and hateful towards non believers. Aren't these deadly sins? Or do you just ignore these when on your quest to heavenship?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users