Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Killzone2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
  • xfire:yankyjoe
Well, if any of you didnt know... Killzone1 was supose to be "The Halo Killer" but never lived up to that, and now Halo as a huge lead on them, and it seems imposible for them to gain ground on the Killzone vs Halo war, but considering how much time has been spent on this game, it could very well kill Halo.

Trailer: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=27...zone2&hl=en

Read the decription, and there is a good chance it was sped up and really running on some sort of low FPS. I think the game looks awesome.

Point of this Thread: To discuss present Killzones, and the upcoming Killzone 2. Discuss your thoughts about the game play, graphics, gaming style... Hell just... Discuss

T3h_R4V3N

T3h_R4V3N
  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • xfire:buffboy01
sorry to be the "killjoy" but shouldn't this be in the console section?
IPB Image

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
QUOTE (T3h_R4V3N @ Dec 3 2006, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry to be the "killjoy" but shouldn't this be in the console section?

God damn it... I keep seeing people make console game post and now I see why shit... I need a topic move... RAOR.

Ant

Ant
  • Members
  • 767 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ayefkay
QUOTE (Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r @ Dec 4 2006, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it could very well kill Halo.

its on ps3, it will kill nothing.....except maybe burn a hole through your wallet XD
IPB Image

5tr3tchy

5tr3tchy
  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • xfire:5tretchy
OMFG <D: <D: <D: this GAME looks amazing ! if that is game play footage then i am buying a ps3, just or KiLLZONE !
Pimp this bitch!

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
this is the same trailer that was show a while back wasn't it?? it's not new is it?? cuz if so we're still unsure whether or not it's gameplay or a cinematic, i have mixed feelings when i look at it, i mean the models and textures look like they can be pulled of, it's just animations, they look so damn fluid and believable that i'm lead to believe it's a cinematic based of the animations in that clip

i just want to see some more footage for this game cuz i'm still unsure

Vepr

Vepr
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,524 posts
  • xfire:Vespu
  • Interests:certified diving, ballroom, gaming, being UKRAINIAN!
  • Gamer Army ID:171
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (MeTroiD @ Dec 3 2006, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the same trailer that was show a while back wasn't it?? it's not new is it?? cuz if so we're still unsure whether or not it's gameplay or a cinematic, i have mixed feelings when i look at it, i mean the models and textures look like they can be pulled of, it's just animations, they look so damn fluid and believable that i'm lead to believe it's a cinematic based of the animations in that clip

i just want to see some more footage for this game cuz i'm still unsure

yup exactly what i was thinking, it's like an in-between.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Vepr @ Dec 3 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup exactly what i was thinking, it's like an in-between.

the phrase "old as shit" comes to mind... this is from E3 2 years ago... it was a prerendered CGI thing...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
Alright here is some clarity... I just found this out and it is not gana live up to the E3 Trailer... At all. They created a diferent trailer made up of the actual gameplay... Its not as good at all. But hell I stil think the gameplay looks awesome.

piggyspizza

piggyspizza
  • Members
  • 3,170 posts
  • xfire:piggyspizza
  • Interests:Guitar<br />Gaming<br />Computers<br />Friends
  • Xbox / GFWL:Shwanzig
  • Wii:7168706976063002
That trailer is atlest 10 years old, and thats not in game. Killzone 1 was nothing special eaither.
Crysis isn't a game, it's a benchmark.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
Even if Killzone ends up being the best game of all time, which it certainly won't, people will still choose Halo over it because they already know Halo. Yes, people are like that.

A bit off topic, but why, in futuristic games, do they ALWAYS have ground troops conduct such major battles instead of just bombing it from the air or space or something?
IPB Image

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Dec 3 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if Killzone ends up being the best game of all time, which it certainly won't, people will still choose Halo over it because they already know Halo. Yes, people are like that.

A bit off topic, but why, in futuristic games, do they ALWAYS have ground troops conduct such major battles instead of just bombing it from the air or space or something?

MAD? o.O (that's M.A.D. not the emmotion...)
Give me LoL Referals.

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Dec 3 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i disagree, killzone can gain ground on halo, cuz i think people in general are usually after the next best new thing, not that people won't still like halo or anything

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Dec 3 2006, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MAD? o.O (that's M.A.D. not the emmotion...)

I guess.
It just always seemed a bit odd to me.
I think honestly, the best answer is that if they didn't send in ground troops, there wouldn't be much of a game.
IPB Image

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (MeTroiD @ Dec 3 2006, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i disagree, killzone can gain ground on halo, cuz i think people in general are usually after the next best new thing, not that people won't still like halo or anything

that's exactly why MGS4, Halo3, MK whatever it's on, DOA#, Splinter Cell X, Rainbow Six X, Ghost Recon X, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros., etc. are more times than not the most anticipated games of the year....

I guess.
It just always seemed a bit odd to me.
I think honestly, the best answer is that if they didn't send in ground troops, there wouldn't be much of a game.

if you look at Iraq, they use bombs etc. for first strikes, but that doesnt mean that they don't need ground troops to help afterward to get rid of anybody left... there's a point where a million dollar missile isn't worth it anymore...
Give me LoL Referals.

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*

Guest_Silint Ninjya_*
  • Guests
prerendered crap from E3 2k5. whats REALLY amazing about it is that they said at the time that it was running on a ps3 in the back, and then later admited that it was prerendered, but that the ps3 could do it, and then a month before release, said (in an interview) that it is what the ps4 will be able to do.

thanks for the cool CGI. now show me my games, not the movies.

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Dec 3 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's exactly why MGS4, Halo3, MK whatever it's on, DOA#, Splinter Cell X, Rainbow Six X, Ghost Recon X, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros., etc. are more times than not the most anticipated games of the year....

yeah thats true, established franchises continue to sell well, but you think about it, before sam fisher, snake was pretty much the go to guy with stealth games, but once splinter cell came along, there was different aspects about that game which helped establish it's fan base and now it's selling quite well along with mgs

i'm not saying people jump ship and completely neglect w/e they were playing before, it's just evolution of games taking old and tried things from previous titles and adding to them to attempt to make something completely new, and competition trying to out do each other to capture fans, and it's happening now with the wii, before nintendo was usually not doing as well in terms of sales numbers wiht their consoles, so now they've introduced their new toys and people are going crazy lining up for the wii trying to get it first

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
Its still gana be a great game. Killzone1 was lotsa fun.

Slipknotmaggot

Slipknotmaggot
  • Members
  • 138 posts
  • xfire:u2fan
  • Xbox / GFWL:Soldat33
Sorry to burst your bubbles everyone but Alot of the PS3 screens and trailers for game wernt gamplay. Tekken 5 remember those sexy looking screens? were fake they are trying to get it to look like that but are failing at the moment. Also that Killzone 2 trailer doubt its gameplay.

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r

Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r
  • Banned
  • 1,114 posts
QUOTE (Slipknotmaggot @ Dec 4 2006, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to burst your bubbles everyone but Alot of the PS3 screens and trailers for game wernt gamplay. Tekken 5 remember those sexy looking screens? were fake they are trying to get it to look like that but are failing at the moment. Also that Killzone 2 trailer doubt its gameplay.

QUOTE (Tw!sT3d Sn!p3r @ Dec 3 2006, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright here is some clarity... I just found this out and it is not gana live up to the E3 Trailer... At all. They created a diferent trailer made up of the actual gameplay... Its not as good at all. But hell I stil think the gameplay looks awesome.

Read before you post please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users