Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Couple of moives me and my bro made

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • xfire:Kentalcious
  • Interests:Computers, Games, sports, making fun of fat people (I know its bad i cant help it), eating, running, sleeping Comedy and all that Jazz
  • Xbox / GFWL:Kentalicious13
There are a few movies my bro and i made with some of our friends im in 3 of em

BTW im Kent

The Art of Beating Tards

Kents Sound

Space Trouble

Dan Angel Mindfink Episode 1

Art of Beating Tards and my Sound was at our house

Space Trouble was during my bros video class and me i skipped science to be in it

Mind Fink was filmed at my bros friends house

Hope u enjoy

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Games, sports, making fun of fat people (I know its bad i cant help it), eating, running, sleeping Comedy and all that Jazz
So please tell me what you think and tell us what we could do to make stuff funnier .... BTW the noise was a 1 time thing i havent been able to do it ever since... i think it was because i got punched in the stumache when i was heavily breathing

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
  • xfire:keithdchatt
  • Interests:Gaming, Weed, Movies, Friends, Parties, Girls, Alcohol, Hockey
  • Xbox / GFWL:keithdchatt
  • PSN:Want one!
  • Wii:Want one!
Why double post? Obviously people didn't care if they didn't post..no need to bump it. Anyways I'll watch them and say what I think..

Okay..the first two sucked my balls..one for the left..one for the right..I'm not joking..they were horrible..funnies not detected. Especially in that tards ones..not funny.

The space one..that was uh..interesting.

Dan Angel..the effort was there..I didn't really like it.

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
well everyone els i showed thought it was funny

G'kar

G'kar
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts
  • Interests:Film/Sci-fi/Writting.
Well, congratulations you know how to composite some basic lasers into footage. Other then the 50 million other people who've been doing it, and posting it on the internet, you're one of a kind.

Seriously though - it's okay if you want to just make some videos for fun to fool around, but if you're going to post them, take the time to plan out what you're doing. Film is an art, storytelling is an art, they aren't things you throw together. You don't "pretend" a school is a starwars instilattion. If you want to do serious filmmaking, write a script first! icon_eek.gif
IPB Image

"Everything is everywhere during every instance in time... and that, is the universe.
It is both finite and infinite, and it alone contains things beyond our capability to understand."

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
Ok it was a film class and we just started filming were onl 14 and 16 jeeze

G'kar

G'kar
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts
QUOTE (Curly Locks @ Nov 29 2006, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was 14 and 16 I was telling sophisticated stories.. if you take the time to think about what you want to do, and plan everything out then you'll produce something worth watching. If you grab a camera and film you're going to get shit. I'm trying to help, not criticize.
IPB Image

"Everything is everywhere during every instance in time... and that, is the universe.
It is both finite and infinite, and it alone contains things beyond our capability to understand."

Curly Locks

Curly Locks
  • Members
  • 396 posts
All we did for the beating of tards was have some footage we already had and updated it..

BTW my noise I made it was after a lightsaber battle I had ill try and get my bro to upload it

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
me and my bro? It's my Bro/Brother and I.

Okay first, I don't think effects are important in a movie, that is not what really counts. The script/idea is what is more important. Please, please do not improvise, because that is what it looked like, it looked like you guys just made it up on the spot.

Stop looking at the fucking camera, it is not there...

Now with th programs, after looking at the third movie, I think that the program you were using was LSmaker.... I am not sure, but it looked a lot like it.... LSmaker is okay, but not my favourite.

Then, you say that people liked it.... Well, who did you show it to, friends, family? Well people close to you, like friends and family will always say its good. Show it to people who actually would critic your movie from its aspects, not from "Look how cute my son looks in this video!" Get people who do videos like you and that will rate with real critics and help you improve on your film making.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
Videos one and two are a complete waste of bandwidth. Two complete wastes of precious bits and bytes of data that should be removed from the internet and existence. That is all.

At least for numbers three and four you put in some effort. Space one was just you and some friend showing off your rotoscoping skills, nothing else. No real plot, or other effort. Fourth one was the most "sophisticated." At least there you guys tried to make a legitimate clip, and it wasn't horrible. Wasn't great, but it was the best of the four. None of them really made me laugh though...

Keep trying, maybe next time make a script or something.

G'kar

G'kar
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts
QUOTE (RBrenner14 @ Nov 29 2006, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Videos one and two are a complete waste of bandwidth. Two complete wastes of precious bits and bytes of data that should be removed from the internet and existence. That is all.

At least for numbers three and four you put in some effort. Space one was just you and some friend showing off your rotoscoping skills, nothing else. No real plot, or other effort. Fourth one was the most "sophisticated." At least there you guys tried to make a legitimate clip, and it wasn't horrible. Wasn't great, but it was the best of the four. None of them really made me laugh though...

Keep trying, maybe next time make a script or something.

Maybe make a script? ALWAYS write a script.
IPB Image

Seizure

Seizure
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • xfire:seizureexplosion
Not only a script, but plan your shots, man!

The first two i'm not even going to bother to use as examples... just... no.

But in the other two you should have actually gone through and looked at each shot individually instead of relying largely on every man's natural ability to follow the action with a camera. Just because the people are in the shot doesn't make it a good shot. Camera angles have a lot more impact on the tone of the scene than people realize. If your trying to make someone look particularly imposing, the camera should be a bit below his head, making him look bigger by comparison. Ex: a shot of a corporate businessman starts out on the nametag on his desk, then rises just above the tag and focusing on the man himself, so the camera is now at lower chest level. In this shot, we've introduced the character's name, title, and appearence, and we've shown something of his strong personality by using the angle we did. Now we can take the same man and make him look weak just with camera angles. To do this we would take the camera much farther out, and look at him at a downward angle. The camera could be in a corner, where the walls meet the ceiling. The man now seems much smaller, and much less imposing. His name could be introduced by cutting to the nametag on his desk, blurring out the man and at a distance such that the name tag would take up roughly 1/2 of the screen. Again, we show status, name, and appearence but now we make him seem like a much less confident person using only camera angles.

In movies you may have seen: The angle introducing Naylor's boss in Thank You For Smoking (I think) uses the first strategy, The introduction of Schmidgt in About Schmidgt. uses the second strategy. In the movies, Schmidgt is a pathetic old man and Naylor's boss is one of the most commanding and intimidating people in the film.

G'kar

G'kar
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts
QUOTE (Seizure @ Nov 29 2006, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Camera angles have a lot more impact on the tone of the scene than people realize.

Right, but remember the basics first: camera shots ARE the scene! Everything you see is a camera shot. It's duration, it's angle, it's distance from the subject, it's focus, it's color balancing, it's depth of field, it's exposure, EVERYTHING. This is what makes movies movies! The fact that you have visuals!

In movies you may have seen: The angle introducing Naylor's boss in Thank You For Smoking (I think) uses the first strategy, The introduction of Schmidgt in About Schmidgt. uses the second strategy. In the movies, Schmidgt is a pathetic old man and Naylor's boss is one of the most commanding and intimidating people in the film.

Don't even worry about stratgeys or techuniques yet if you want my advice. Look at some of your favorite movies, study the angels a bit, and just experiment. Put scenes together how YOU feel they should be, but do it right - don't just go out and film. Storyboard. I like to location scout personally, I take a digital camera with me and take stills of the whole location, that way when I storyboard I can see visually where things are going to be, and it helps the camera shots formulate in my mind better. Just start experimenting, get some critque and try again.

I didn't even bother to comment on his camera work or ANYTHING else for that matter because without writting there is NOTHING. Get the writting down first... then we'll talk some more about some other things.
IPB Image

-Checkmate-

-Checkmate-
  • Banned
  • 2,236 posts
  • xfire:checkmate1337
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:3211
well i guess i already got warned for flaming so but i guess, i couldnt agree more with g'kar.

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
I agree with you G'kar. I've seen you posting in all the user-created video threads, and to me it really seems like you know your stuff.

Heres a video I threw together in a day with my friend for a Chemistry project...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ybRLwYXqzo

It's supposed to be parodying Loose Change, that 9/11 Conspiracy film. It's for a Chemistry project, for a "celebration" known as Mole Day. It's kind of gay really, but it gave us an excuse to pick up a camera. There isn't much to judge, it's just the most recent thing I've made. Really all it is is a bunch of establishment shots, and some narration to stock footage. Please give any criticisms you can think of, they would be much appreciated. Maybe I'll post some other stuff soon.

lol thread hijacking ftw!!

axel.ftw

axel.ftw
  • Members
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Games, Anime, PP.
QUOTE (Curly Locks @ Nov 30 2006, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm 16 and this is a film that me and my mates did a while back.
Kosher Flesh

Thread hijacking = win.
Hey come here a second, I wanna do stuff to ya.

G'kar

G'kar
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts
QUOTE (RBrenner14 @ Nov 29 2006, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you G'kar. I've seen you posting in all the user-created video threads, and to me it really seems like you know your stuff.

Heres a video I threw together in a day with my friend for a Chemistry project...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ybRLwYXqzo

It's supposed to be parodying Loose Change, that 9/11 Conspiracy film. It's for a Chemistry project, for a "celebration" known as Mole Day. It's kind of gay really, but it gave us an excuse to pick up a camera. There isn't much to judge, it's just the most recent thing I've made. Really all it is is a bunch of establishment shots, and some narration to stock footage. Please give any criticisms you can think of, they would be much appreciated. Maybe I'll post some other stuff soon.

lol thread hijacking ftw!!

Heh, for a science project I thought it was pretty good! Though you didn't seem to really get any facts in there! Haha, well I've seen that conspiracy video you're referring to and let me say you did a good job parodying it - why? Because I recognized it immediately. Perhaps it was mostly the music, but the style of the quotations was similar enough and it worked in a similar fashion. However, the imagery was kind of .. plain, dull. I would have re-thought the footage choices to the text better, and for the text itself rather then replacing words like terrorist with mole I would have thought of some clever ways to poke fun at the text in the 9/11 video rather then just change it. It still gave me a chuckle none the less - but only because I know where it was coming from. Like you said, an excuse to pick up the camera and have some fun! Looks like you did just that. Try using a tripod in some of those exterior shots if you have one available, I know it's just a science thing so who really cares in this case but for next time perhaps. If you do decide to post some other stuff make a thread for it.. I promise I'll look it over with my full attention and give you honest feedback, I'll tell you not only what I think will help you improve but what I liked about your work in addition to disliked.. just because it's a criticism doesn't mean it can't have any compliments or praise as well.
IPB Image

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
Thanks, maybe I'll do just that and put a thread together one of these days. Like I said, this is just something we threw together in one day (procrastination ftw!), but I felt it came out pretty good considering.

To axel: Movie was pretty pro, nice work.

axel.ftw

axel.ftw
  • Members
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Games, Anime, PP.
Cheers, I finished watching yours and actually found it pretty funny, good job. icon_razz.gif
Hey come here a second, I wanna do stuff to ya.

G'kar

G'kar
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts
QUOTE (axel.ftw @ Nov 29 2006, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers, I finished watching yours and actually found it pretty funny, good job. icon_razz.gif

Not bad axel. That's what i'm talking about OP - experiment, try things, don't just load tons of effects onto footage - that's boring!
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users