Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Virtual Console feature hints at upgrading classics

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Man Toss
  • Wii:2302372127657498
VC updates

The Q&A mentions that the updates would be provided free of charge, but that doesn't rule out other charged microtransactions. Likely the update feature exists to fix glitches; however, graphical improvements and online capabilities would be a nice touch. Who wouldn't want to play Mario Kart online?

i remember reading long ago about how some VC games were supposed to get graphical updates, this shines some more light onto that, and hopefully we get more, this would really make VC worth it, and hell i'd probably get games i already got if they go ahead with this icon_razz.gif

apparanelty this is in the Wii shop channel Q&A so i'm gonna go confrim this before i head ot bed

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
That would be a good system. If you want it unchanged, it comes that way, but you can potentially upgrade it.
If that happens, it will be awesomesauce.
IPB Image

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
I want battle toad and double dragon for Co-op online for the VC. That would kick SO MUCH ASS!

Turtles in time would also kick mega ass for co-op online icon_neutral.gif

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
QUOTE (Boycey-Ganglionz @ Nov 24 2006, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's two things I want them to do so badly

1. Streets of Rage on the VC

2. Streets of Rage Online Co-Op
That would be so awesome your Wii would probably melt.

/agreed

lets get married.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Nov 25 2006, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/agreed

lets get married.

lol wtf...

so, its only a hint?

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft, Metroid games, Nintendo, Guitar, Hockey (Maple Leafs fan), Basketball (Toronto Raptors), music includes metallica, dragonforce, trivium, megadeth, pantera and MeTroiD Metal. favourite game of all time is super metroid, love LOTR movies, simply enjoy a nice time chilling with my friends going out to eat or drink (i don't drink but keep them company of course) or just chilling at someones place, watching stuff, talking or playing Wii sports which is the next best new thing to do :) oh and megaman because MegamanXLanDarkZero said so :)
QUOTE (Myth @ Nov 24 2006, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol wtf...

so, its only a hint?

yeah, cuz theirs a blurb about in in the FAQs, and they said htey e-mailed nintendo or something to find it really what kind of stuff we should expect, either way it should be good icon_razz.gif

_corb

_corb
  • GA Private
  • 1,058 posts
  • xfire:dashadowphantom
  • Xbox / GFWL:JerrelyCorb
  • Wii:24034574-4194405
  • Gamer Army ID:3868
lol I only got Legend of Zelda for NES and Im waiting for a SUPER mario game for tme to download.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
Ok get this..

Goldeneye 64...

Online Multiplayer

Too bad it will never happen. icon_sad.gif
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ Nov 25 2006, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok get this..

Goldeneye 64...
Online Multiplayer
Too bad it will never happen. icon_sad.gif

They would be smart to do it! It probably wouldn't take too much work, even to rebuild the game from scratch to include the online multi. Who wouldn't buy it, even for 1000 points ($10) !?!? With games like this, Mario Kart 64, and Bomberman 64, Nintendo is sitting on a goldmine.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
QUOTE (RBrenner14 @ Nov 25 2006, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They would be smart to do it! It probably wouldn't take too much work, even to rebuild the game from scratch to include the online multi. Who wouldn't buy it, even for 1000 points ($10) !?!? With games like this, Mario Kart 64, and Bomberman 64, Nintendo is sitting on a goldmine.

Nintendo doesn't hold the license to it anymore though.
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
i read somewhere that they won't add Online play, that they want the games to be as original as possible.

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Nov 25 2006, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i read somewhere that they won't add Online play, that they want the games to be as original as possible.

I think the smartest thing would be to have the initial download completely unchanged, but then have the option to modernize it. For some games, this would include graphics. Others, it may involve online play. Who knows.

Well they'll have Mario Kart 64 and Bomberman 64 eventually. For Goldeneye, please read the whole thread before repeating a dead issue. Thank you.
IPB Image

MeTroiD

MeTroiD
  • Retired Staff
  • 3,457 posts
i would love them to just add multiplayer to f-zero personlly, i don't care if it goes online or not, i just wanna try 2 players with that game

We3Tard

We3Tard
  • Banned
  • 739 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
GALAGA ONLINE PLZ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users