Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

awkward situations...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

s m o k e y

s m o k e y
  • Banned
  • 120 posts
  • Location:Australia, Sydney, I'm a gamer. If you want my xfire, PM me to receive it.
How do you guys deal with getting out of awkward situations?

lately I've found my self in some real awkward situations with some friends lately... making up with old mates I turned my back on a few months back.. the awkward silence after saying I'd like to be mates again... how do you guys get out of that without making things worse?

I've also found my self in some awkward situations with girls too. girls I'd like to be friends with. but nothing else. then trying to explain or give the idea that's all I want to be without hurting them or being rude.

How do you guys deal with this?
any tips!?

cause I'm seriously failing.. record was 3 minutes silence between me and a friend as everyone else also went quiet around us.. some bell rang and it practically saved my day ...life >_>

discuss!
IPB Image

teng

teng
  • Members
  • 383 posts
3minutes of utter silence?? ouch!

I best deal with it by putting on a fake smile, pretend everything is alrite. DOnt bring up matters of the past.

Start by asking them what they've been up to lately. Emphasise is on getting them to talk and you just listen and add in parts that are relevant to the topic of discussion. If the convo dies i'd just bolt and get outa there!

janey

janey

MotM June 2006 teh_snugglerer

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
  • xfire:janey83
  • Interests:photography, digital art (photoshops, painting/airbrushing), gaming, salsa dancing, cooking, chatting, programming, designing my game
ask them to participate in activity you both enjoy - whether gaming, bowling, going for dinner, etc
Why are you scared of heights?
Many people are scared of heights.
It's not the height that bothers me. It's the impact that terrifies me.

Silver

Silver
  • Banned
  • 2,147 posts
  • xfire:uberkoss
dude, if you cant hold a conversation with your "friends" then you pretty much fail.

With girls...just dont be a loser. The worst thing is to sit there and say nothing. dont try and be too funny or you will just look like a retard. Its a mix of general chit-chat (while getting information...) ask stuff that makes you seem interested in them and be funny at the same time.

Anyway back to friends..... time with friends should be all about laughs and fun. If thats not happening then you have shit friends/are a shit friend.

If EA was a parent, social services would have arrested it.
Luuksk: anyone allergic to birds?

Ireland914

Ireland914
  • GA Private
  • 975 posts
  • xfire:ireland914
  • Interests:Pwning noobs.
  • Gamer Army ID:963
To escape an awkward situation, I whip out my PC and show 'em how hard I can pwn noobs in BF2142. That usually shuts them up and makes them respect me instantly.

Yes, I carry my PC in my pocket... and yes, I own a car.

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
I make fun of the awkwardness of the situation, if I happen to be in a situation like that. However, my friends and I have alot in common, so I never really need something to talk about, cause we can just talk about Pure Pwnage, and all the noobs on the forums making stupid posts. Or we boot up the ol Wii and pwn shit up. (its the ol' wii after 2 days)

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Nov 21 2006, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I make fun of the awkwardness of the situation, if I happen to be in a situation like that. However, my friends and I have alot in common, so I never really need something to talk about, cause we can just talk about Pure Pwnage, and all the noobs on the forums making stupid posts. Or we boot up the ol Wii and pwn shit up. (its the ol' wii after 2 days)

Yeah, we don't have a ton of awkward situations that can't be resolved by Wii Sports.

MarkieCftw

MarkieCftw
  • GA Private
  • 146 posts
  • xfire:markiec
  • Interests:Wrestling l0l <br />course pure pwnage<br />Pwnin wit mates and stuff<br />Playin games- Hopefully play even more when/ if i gt a new pc
  • Gamer Army ID:291
well my friends mum asks awkward questions, and puts me and my other friends in awkward situations.
Well her son/ my friend is well fat, lol, and every time i or one of us goes round she asks stuff like- "Do you like to bully my son".

She also thinks you dislike her food when you cant eat anymore.

Alot more i'd go on but i cant be bothered, and she's to awkward to deserve it lol.
IPB Image

Why Doug Why

1up

1up
  • Members
  • 2,185 posts
  • xfire:amullan
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Films
I cock my leg up and fart REALLY loud, then I do a big fake laugh and slap everyone on the shoulder and shout "WASNT THAT SOOO FUCKING FUNNY!?"

Nah but seriously, whenever I'm in an awkward situation, I just stare at the ground.
If quizzez are quizzical then what are tests?

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
Awkward?, hmm well when the girl I like starts playing around with my feelings, and starts cybering me in the MIDDLE OF IRONFORGE... I took her to the secret place in Stormwind to do that icon_wink.gif

anyway, pretty much all my awkward situations revolve around her, she know's I really like her, and she dosn't hesitite torturing me over it, today I am just planning to ask her if she feels the same about me if I do her.... that will put her in my shoes >:D

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
I hate it when one of your friends tries to open up to you..... but then you laugh in his face becasue you think he is just dicking around

silverrlybp6.png

travisa

travisa
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • xfire:travisa
i usually end up saying somthing like "so......." and then repeat somthing i said earlier, like "what games did you say you had again?" which kind of gives you some time to think of somthing to talk about while they tell you what games they have (again). Although you should note that this also gives the impression that you arent interested in the convo because you didnt listen first time 'round.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
QUOTE (Kiron @ Nov 21 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awkward?, hmm well when the girl I like starts playing around with my feelings, and starts cybering me in the MIDDLE OF IRONFORGE... I took her to the secret place in Stormwind to do that icon_wink.gif

anyway, pretty much all my awkward situations revolve around her, she know's I really like her, and she dosn't hesitite torturing me over it, today I am just planning to ask her if she feels the same about me if I do her.... that will put her in my shoes >:D

not a good idea -- tried that, it backfired
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
I show them how awesome my Pokemon cards are, they're so scared of my Charizard that they just have to laugh at my bad jokes.

But seriously? There are usually situations between me and a couple mates where one of us (admitedly me a lot of the time) says something and fails to pull off the funny-factor. If there's a silence, we just stare each other down, and in turn staring at something for a long time eventually becomes funny.

And with that, we sort of just chuckle it off and continue with what we were initially talking about. If that sort of thing doesn't work you could just do the old "... Yeah.. I'll just... be... over... uh... here..." *turns around and does something*.

>_>
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (God @ Nov 22 2006, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not a good idea -- tried that, it backfired

god got rejected?

BlightedArt

BlightedArt

Busting your balls since 1987. | Best Art Contributor

• GA Private
  • 7,092 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons, animation, video games, design, indie / acoustic alternative / rock music, japanese culture, mythology, playing drums and ocarina.
  • Gamer Army ID:2866
QUOTE (Kiron @ Nov 22 2006, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
god got rejected?

Trash Cat does not know what to say to this. icon_eek.gif
"Wish you were here."
- The Devil, on his tour of Georgia, U.S.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
QUOTE (Kiron @ Nov 21 2006, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
god got rejected?

no, god just got burned. trust me it will backfire
he got her later, tho, it was just a step backward
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

Silver

Silver
  • Banned
  • 2,147 posts
  • xfire:uberkoss
Just pull this face <D:

Will get everyone talking.

If EA was a parent, social services would have arrested it.
Luuksk: anyone allergic to birds?

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (God @ Nov 22 2006, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no, god just got burned. trust me it will backfire
he got her later, tho, it was just a step backward

was it Aphrodite, shes really hawt.

Clarke

Clarke
  • Members
  • 1,113 posts
  • xfire:Clarke101
Posting while drunk is pwbnage ii love it llol i cba to read whole topiic but... i hate it when ur in a car with someboduys family and you make gay convo and such and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users