Jump to content

Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Internet/Forum Micromanagement lol

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21
misdemeanor

misdemeanor
  • Members
  • 1,580 posts
ROFL 8msn messengers.


#22
Econojon

Econojon

    MotM April 2006 teh_straterer

  • GA Sergeant
  • 5,427 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Away
  • Gamer Army ID:32
Tabbing, pffsh!

My Assistant FTMFW!!! And dual screens + multi-computers. Beat that, Frito! icon_razz.gif



#23
Fritobag

Fritobag

    R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

  • Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The United States of America
  • Gamer Army ID:134
QUOTE (Econojon @ Nov 20 2006, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tabbing, pffsh!

My Assistant FTMFW!!! And dual screens + multi-computers. Beat that, Frito! icon_razz.gif

http://static.flickr.com/103/302469765_b693523865.jpg


Omg...I hate you! Oh, but that keyboard/black mouse in the middle of the picture are the EXACT ones that I'm using lol! So I love you! I like the shallowness of the keys on this keyboard.

QUOTE (misdemeanor @ Nov 20 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ROFL 8msn messengers.

icon_smile.gif

Edited by Fritobag, 20 November 2006 - 11:13 PM.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

#24
lawlerer

lawlerer
  • Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • xfire:eelektrix
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vermont
  • Interests:rock climbing, hacky sack, fishing, computers, video games, marijuana, spirituality, environment, etc
No, as much as I like to read the forums, I was brought to these forums by gaming, and I would rather do that then keep constantly up to date on all the random crap people are posting.

---this and all other posts generally being made before or after I game!
IPB Image

#25
Schrei

Schrei
  • Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • xfire:00schrei00
ya i just pop open all the 'new posts' that i seem interested in.. then read em all one by one, /reply then close, then go to the next, /reply then close.. ect ect

as im viewing this topic i have 4 others left to go through before i check out 'new posts' again to repeat the process.

#26
God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:PP Heaven
  • Interests:azn grrlz
QUOTE (Schrei @ Nov 20 2006, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya i just pop open all the 'new posts' that i seem interested in.. then read em all one by one, /reply then close, then go to the next, /reply then close.. ect ect

as im viewing this topic i have 4 others left to go through before i check out 'new posts' again to repeat the process.

same yo
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

#27
ScripT

ScripT
  • Members
  • 463 posts
  • xfire:diamondsonmyneck
  • Location:Riverside, California
  • Interests:Gaming, Comic Books, and getting high school out of the way as soon as possible.
  • Xbox / GFWL:No
  • PSN:No
  • Wii:No
I think the max of windows you are allowed to have on your taskbar is 10. So about 90 percent of the time I have 10. The other 10 percent is when I micro too much and get like 15.
IPB Image

#nuffsaid
We idle back.

#28
God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:PP Heaven
  • Interests:azn grrlz
QUOTE (ScripT @ Nov 21 2006, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the max of windows you are allowed to have on your taskbar is 10. So about 90 percent of the time I have 10. The other 10 percent is when I micro too much and get like 15.

down.gif windows ftl, tabs are where it's at
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

#29
ScripT

ScripT
  • Members
  • 463 posts
  • xfire:diamondsonmyneck
  • Location:Riverside, California
  • Interests:Gaming, Comic Books, and getting high school out of the way as soon as possible.
  • Xbox / GFWL:No
  • PSN:No
  • Wii:No
I'm old skool.
IPB Image

#nuffsaid
We idle back.

#30
teng

teng
  • Members
  • 383 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth, Western Australia
If there is 2 topic of interest i tab both into different windows. But usually i try to remain in one window.

I mean it's just a forum. If it were like pictures of a naked girl! hell yeah! 12 tabs, 8 browsers ftw!

#31
Malta Soron

Malta Soron
  • GA Private
  • 883 posts
  • xfire:maltasoron
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Leiden
  • Interests:Computers, football, 14th century re-enactment
  • Gamer Army ID:1695
Right now I've got 19 tabs open.
Knowledge brings fear.

#32
Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
uh... forum micro ey?



... first ones for alt tabbing when my mum comes in for a check up (school homepage) and 2nd, well, heh, its PP forum... as you can see, not much happening. i usually have boss key set up aswell lol.

#33
Firefly

Firefly

    I make movies, eh?

  • GA Corporal
  • 5,099 posts
  • xfire:Fireflyfilms
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fireflyfilms
  • Gamer Army ID:121
  • Company:Pi
NOOO!!! NOT IE!!!
QUOTE (Geoff @ Dec 5 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a big thanks to Firefly for shooting most of this footage.

.:: Pure Pwnage Melbourne Premiere Footage ::.


#34
Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Firefly @ Nov 21 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NOOO!!! NOT IE!!!


meh

#35
Tubby

Tubby

    MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

  • GA Corporal
  • 2,917 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria. Australia
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
Atm, I have one window with over 15 tabs open.

I open up PP Discussion, GD, PP Fan Art and the Art section. And then open all the tabs that are new / I want to read. I'll start from the end and read them all icon_wink.gif

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

President and C.E.O. of Beardtek Incorporated Australia, Pty. Ltd.


#36
peanuttrader

peanuttrader
  • Members
  • 177 posts
  • Location:uk london
lol cpu at 100% on a few meisly apps, fritobag get a new rig please... something that can hand more then msn, firefox and paint!
IPB Image
IPB Image

#37
Mopey

Mopey

    MotM July 2006

  • Members
  • 4,571 posts
  • xfire:mopeyn
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:drawing, <br />cooking, <br />gaming,<br />anime &amp; manga,<br />photoshopping.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mopey Pi
That seems like "i must be first postar!" to me.

Mop
My Benderarchive. Enjoy!
My real name is Michi, but the capitalist punks call me Mike. Adrenaline Junkie.
<3Click pics!

#38
Econojon

Econojon

    MotM April 2006 teh_straterer

  • GA Sergeant
  • 5,427 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Away
  • Gamer Army ID:32
QUOTE (Mopey @ Nov 21 2006, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That seems like "i must be first postar!" to me.

Mop


I beg to differ! For Fritobag, it is "shit, how can i be more efficient in my moderating?" for me, it would be, "Can I find trends in forum activity?"

It's all your point of view, kinda like your smileys. icon_wink.gif

#39
Ireland914

Ireland914
  • GA Private
  • 975 posts
  • xfire:ireland914
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Waterloo, Ontario, Canada!
  • Interests:Pwning noobs.
  • Gamer Army ID:963
Since you can't read more than one topic at the same time, I don't see the point in having fifty threads open at once. I'll read one, post if I feel like it, and move to the next one. I hate having a cluttered computer, so I have the fewest possible things open at any time. Plus, I'm just that fast. I can go through seven threads by the time you load one. That would be my FPS speed skills pwning those RTS micro skills.

BOOM POSTCOUNT!!!

#40
Mopey

Mopey

    MotM July 2006

  • Members
  • 4,571 posts
  • xfire:mopeyn
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:drawing, <br />cooking, <br />gaming,<br />anime &amp; manga,<br />photoshopping.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mopey Pi
QUOTE (Econojon @ Nov 21 2006, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I beg to differ! For Fritobag, it is "shit, how can i be more efficient in my moderating?" for me, it would be, "Can I find trends in forum activity?"

It's all your point of view, kinda like your smileys. icon_wink.gif
One word: Weiman.

Mop
My Benderarchive. Enjoy!
My real name is Michi, but the capitalist punks call me Mike. Adrenaline Junkie.
<3Click pics!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users