Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things to say to my Parents so I can get a Wii.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • xfire:elliotter
  • Interests:Guitar, gaming, music, and friends
Ok, heres the problem, I've told my parents that I am wanting to buy a Wii (with my own money) But they are doubtful that they want me to buy one...

Does anyone know any convincing words I can tell them so they will let me buy one?

I want a Wii so much..

Just for the info, I've earned all this money myself and my parents won't be spending a cent on it. So I do not want to hear shit about me being spoiled etc... because I'm not.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
same prob mate

just tell them that it will get you off the computer icon_biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

jospicy

jospicy
  • Members
  • 251 posts
  • xfire:joironfist
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, playing with hardware, avoiding Studying, going to Gigs, listening to music really loud, generally taking advantage of being able to do extremely immature things as i am a student
  • Wii:all in good time
tell them you'll start playing sports... wii sports icon_razz.gif
a block of text where you can put something interesting or thought provoking
IPB Image

Eagleeye

Eagleeye
  • Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • xfire:theirisharagorn
  • Xbox / GFWL:EagleeyeXC
Let them no that it will make you happy first of all. Then tell them that gaming however painted in a negative light by the media actually has many good qualities. Like making friends online. Teahcing sportsmanship, problem solving skills hand eye coordnation with the wii espefcially. If they t hink its a waste because u already have a gamecube/pc let them no the advantages. Also point out that it is very cheap compared to other systems.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
Tell them your getting it and nothing they can do icon_biggrin.gif

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna use them now pp_smiley10.gif

Keep'em coming just in case they don't work.

black_magic

black_magic
  • Members
  • 458 posts
  • xfire:black_magic
Why not just go down to a store and buy it yourself? If it's your money, what are they gonna do, take it away from you? Then buy it, bring it home in a huge bag, and put it away whenever they're around.
Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.

MrBlanks

MrBlanks
  • Members
  • 884 posts
  • xfire:sdn1003
  • Interests:Computers and airsoft... typical dork stuff.<br /><br />I also like long walks on the beach.
The question is why won't they let you buy it? After you find out you counter it. That is the most effective way to ask.

On Fanboyism:"
"Why do people feel such fierce loyalty to a corporation? You can rest assured the corporation doesn't feel the same level of loyalty towards you."

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
They dont think I need another video game console, I have a PC and a PS2.

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
QUOTE (elliotter @ Nov 18 2006, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They dont think I need another video game console, I have a PC and a PS2.

As suggested, it's your money, jsut buy the stupid thing.

I mean, if you're parents are willing to take something away from you, that you bought wiht your money, and that makes you happy, they're pretty fucking crappy parents.
Posted Image

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
Seriously. As long as I used my own money, my folks have never had a problem with me buying a console.
IPB Image

black_magic

black_magic
  • Members
  • 458 posts
  • xfire:black_magic
QUOTE (Tendrax @ Nov 18 2006, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As suggested, it's your money, jsut buy the stupid thing.

I mean, if you're parents are willing to take something away from you, that you bought wiht your money, and that makes you happy, they're pretty fucking crappy parents.

LOL
Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.

MrBlanks

MrBlanks
  • Members
  • 884 posts
  • xfire:sdn1003
  • Interests:Computers and airsoft... typical dork stuff.<br /><br />I also like long walks on the beach.
you still play with your ps2 when you get the wii? If not, sell the ps2, there, 2 consoles.

On Fanboyism:"
"Why do people feel such fierce loyalty to a corporation? You can rest assured the corporation doesn't feel the same level of loyalty towards you."

Kaboomerang

Kaboomerang
  • GA Private
  • 1,297 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Jojomon
  • Wii:7940157492682465
  • Gamer Army ID:105
Well the only way to get the right answer to your question is to ask the parents them selves.
So I asked my mom about your problem because I feel bad for you. So my mom said to tell your parents that you will do your best in school and if you don't then they can take it away. I thought it was a stupid thing to say but you should give it a try.

But me personally I think you should just go up to them and say that you have been saving the money for like a whole year for the Wii and now your heart broken because they are saying you can't get it. icon_razz.gif
Look Ma I Can Write My Name In The Snow!

Javea1

Javea1

Member Of The Month October 2007 | Best RTS Contributor

• Members
  • 1,681 posts
  • xfire:Javea1
  • Interests:RTS
  • Xbox / GFWL:Javea
  • Wii:4339-2250-4654
Tell them it's a cheap console, and compare the price to the PS3.

Tell them it's not really a "video game" because you are always moving around, and flailing your arms through the air as you strive to hit the tennis ball with your racket.

Tell them a lot of elderly people are buying it, and half of the people who pre-ordered the system were unusual non-gamers.

Tell them it's a Nintendo brand item, so the games are generally clean, and your parents won't have to worry about so much blood, violence, and language.

And most importantly, tell them that it's YOUR money, and it's YOUR decision, not theirs. Tell them that this is what you were hoping to get for Christmas.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, good luck with it!

-Jav
"Gonna cook a pizza... think about the patch." -Day[9]

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
QUOTE (black_magic @ Nov 18 2006, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL

Am I wrong?
Posted Image

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
What exactly is the problem? Just that or is it some deeper meaning? What I mean is, what's their reason behind forbidding you to purchase it?
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
Alright, tomorrow I'm going to go buy the Wii icon_biggrin.gif I've used all the tips that you guys have helped me with. i.e my education, my money, etc...

*Praises PP Members*

PS: Does anyone know how much the Wii is in Canadian money? Around 280?

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
QUOTE (elliotter @ Nov 18 2006, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, tomorrow I'm going to go buy the Wii icon_biggrin.gif I've used all the tips that you guys have helped me with. i.e my education, my money, etc...
*Praises PP Members*

PS: Does anyone know how much the Wii is in Canadian money? Around 280?

$279.99

Iceman-

Iceman-
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,480 posts
  • xfire:icemanftw
  • Xbox / GFWL:IcemanWinz
  • Wii:3005990078242481
  • Gamer Army ID:139
WIth Tax Exactly Its $314

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users