Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lets settle this, anti-gun folk

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
My question to the anti-gun crowd...Why?

Why exactly do you feel as though use of guns is so bad? Why do you openly and fully support stricter gun control on the people, in spite of the 2nd Amendment?

Me myself, I'm pro-gun.

Edited by Afterburner, 07 November 2006 - 03:42 AM.

MMA, Live it. Steve Irwin Forever.

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
no more guns = no more murders

can't you see it's logical?

EDIT: /sarcasm in case you didnt get it

Edited by confrico, 07 November 2006 - 03:43 AM.

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
he cat's out of the bag. Enough guns are in circulation already that criminals could still get them regardless of the laws, so disalowing law-abiding citizens from owning firearms would be counterproductive.

I think gun restrictions should be as follows:

Absolutely no sale of firearms to minors (under 18)
(free) License required for ownership of a firearm, requirements for liscence as follows:
Pass a course in gun safety.
Have no record of violent crime on any level.
No convicted felons, under any circumstances.

Licenes may not be withheld for any reasons not listed above, including nonviolent crimes below the level of a felony.

License may be revoked if person ceases to meet these requirements, or if that person's firearm is involved in an accident which wounds or kills another person, thus demonstrating an inability to take proper precautions with firearms (with possible mitigated circumstances, such as an accident caused by a flaw in the weapon which could not be reasonably forseen by the owner).

EDIT: Lol ok, glad it was sarcasim...scarin me man.

Edited by Afterburner, 07 November 2006 - 03:46 AM.

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
If a person's firearm is stolen, and the stolen weapon is used in a crime, the owner may potentialy be charged with criminal negligence. If a person's weapon(s) are stolen, and it is apparent that the owner did not take proper precautions in keeping the weapons secure, he may be liable regardless of wether the weapon(s) are used in a crime. (for example someone owning an AK-47 has a responsibility to keep the weapon safe and secure, as such a weapon poses an extreme risk to others should it fall into the hands of criminals, more so than a mere handgun). Simply keeping an assault rifle in your closet is negligent in the extreme, and should not be tolerated. Weapons place on display should either be kept in a very secure cabinet, or be disabled in some way. If all you want is a display piece, it does not need to be functional.

Besides that you need the whole licence thing, gun courses, ect. But its changing constantly, so it is a little hard to follow up on atm.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
well, i just dont think regular citizens actually need a gun. if your government is doing their job, there should be minimal, if not no chance of actually having to use a gun for what ever the reason. (self defence, im presuming?)

if you're a professional olimpic shooter guy, or a park ranger/farmer and the like, then it may change.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
they should raise the price of bullets!!! you should only ever need one clip your whole life anyway... i don't know cuz im not from the usa, but yeah, people who buy 9mm bullets in bulk obviously aren't buying it for safety
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

tIb

tIb
  • Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • xfire:alistairw
Having a gun makes you want to use it. If you have a computer you use your computer, if you have golf clubs you play golf. And let's face it, guns are fun. There is great satisfaction in firing a gun but letting everyone have guns is stupid. Some people are prone to violence but may have never had a conviction; like the kids at school that get violent over little things, and giving them guns will result in many more deaths. If a criminal wants a gun he can get it reasonably easy all around the world, (Australia has a reasonable amount of gun crime for instance) and criminals are probably more inclined to use their gun if someone else is threatening (or shooting) them with a gun. They haven't got the self restraint to not break into your house, so it would only take a small stimulus to get them to shoot you.

I would not feel safe knowing that everyone in my street had guns. A lot of people lack the self restraint to not use it and to know how to secure it properly. Australia's cops don't even have guns and yet we don't feel the need to protect ourselves from possible home invasions. The easier access people have to guns, the more shootings you will get.
fuck off nosy

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
See to me the big cause of this is people say the need "self-defense" and guns to hunt animals. Well I can see that you need a gun to hunt animals, but this "self-defense" isn't really needed. Someone is going to rob your house when your there. Anyways when would you really need it? When you might need it, it's going to have to be concealed.

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
seriously, burner... in your role as a moderator you should avoid making flamebait threads

and, BTW, when you ask something, you are supposed to really want to know why... you are not asking a question, you are starting a debate, and that is a different story... anyway, it's useless top try to convince anybody about how bad or good guns are... guns can't fire themselves... it's the mindset of the "pro-gun folk" what is preocupating

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
I am for restrictions of guns, and mandatory background checks. I see no problem with trying to keep guns out of criminals hands. Also I believe there should be a two week waiting period between buying a gun and getting it because there is no reason why you need it right then.. if you are hunting you should have planned better.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
there should be some serious restrictions.

Though a complete ban on firearms could be possible in the US, they did it here in Australia, everyone has to turn over your guns, and if you are found with one, you are fucked over pretty harshly, the main problem is, the US has Mexico ... and the problem with Canada is ... it has the US... so I guess it was pretty easy to isolate the problem here in Australia being a island and all.

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,917 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
I think, personally, that no pro-gun person will ever know the reason for gun control until their sweet, beloved child's coroner report is released and the cause is firearms.

As an australian, there is no reason for guns to me. I believe that in Australia the only persons who should be allowed to posses firearms is our armed forces (ie: military / police etc) and farmers (bolt-action rifles only).

Any other form of firearm should be restricted to a gun-club's vaults, and if someone feels the need to shoot something, then by all means goto a shooting range. For hunting purposes, it should be restricted to actual hunting clubs / parties whereby the gun is possessed by the firing club and everyone is issued a gun to go hunting. etc etc, you get my point - I've got a cold / flu and can't think clearly to go into mass specifics. But you get my general whim icon_smile.gif

I look at the gun-related deaths in America compared to Australia. And there is my evidence...
I'm satisfied knowing that...

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

President and C.E.O. of Beardtek Incorporated Australia, Pty. Ltd.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (Tubby @ Nov 7 2006, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think, personally, that no pro-gun person will ever know the reason for gun control until their sweet, beloved child's coroner report is released and the cause is firearms.

As an australian, there is no reason for guns to me. I believe that in Australia the only persons who should be allowed to posses firearms is our armed forces (ie: military / police etc) and farmers (bolt-action rifles only).

Any other form of firearm should be restricted to a gun-club's vaults, and if someone feels the need to shoot something, then by all means goto a shooting range. For hunting purposes, it should be restricted to actual hunting clubs / parties whereby the gun is possessed by the firing club and everyone is issued a gun to go hunting. etc etc, you get my point - I've got a cold / flu and can't think clearly to go into mass specifics. But you get my general whim icon_smile.gif

I look at the gun-related deaths in America compared to Australia. And there is my evidence...
I'm satisfied knowing that...

I do believe that gun laws went a little to far in Australia though, with the banning of Airsoft guns and thus destroying the sport of Airsoft in Australia.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Meh, Little Johnny howard did a good job of the gun law. He didnt arrest anyone with a gun, he just basically said 'if you have a gun, hand it to the police and we'll give you money for your gun. no record of where or why you have the gun will be taken. we just want a country without civilians running around with guns dripping outta their ass' etc. This reduced the number of people with guns. seriously, if you have a gun, you'd want to use it. you're not gunna leave it under the bed for the rest of your life. and thats where things happen...

i agree with tubby. No one should be carrying an automatic weapon of any kind, apart from the armed forces...

speed e win

speed e win
  • Banned
  • 1,138 posts
  • xfire:speedewin
I think that for something like a hunting rifle, you should have very minimal wait period and an easier liscense to obtain. I personally see no reason for someone to need a handgun, as the only thing that you would use a handgun for is shooting other people and maybe some cans.

Seriously, I live in a pretty redneck part of Ontario and most people are seriously peeved about the gun laws. Seriously, let us get a rifle that we can go hunting with without making us renew all the license+gun registration so often.

In conclusion= Hand Guns/assault rifles=BAD
Hunting Rifles= GOOD
............//).. ..........(\`\
............/....//. .............\\....\
.........../....//.. ..............\\.... \
.....//..../\... ......../`\....\`\
.././.../..../..../. |_......_|.\....\... .\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.) ..)..(..(.\....).... )....).)
.\................\/ .../....\...\/...... ........../
..\................. /........\.......... ......../
....\..............( ............)....... ......./

THE UPRISING

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,917 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Myth @ Nov 7 2006, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree with tubby. No one should be carrying an automatic weapon of any kind, apart from the armed forces...

Well, I am a little biased towards guns.

I've seen what guns to do people. Long story short, I had to watch a few friends in grieving because a friend of theirs found their dad's gun and decided it'd be cool to play with it... Gun goes off, kid dies.
Now, fair granted that the kids should not have been playing with it - or you could even lop the blame on the parent for leaving the gun locker key around, or maybe even the gun locker open.
But, who needs a handgun in a non-rural home? Seriously - what possible advantage do you have of a gun in your home? Added security? Shit... I get that with Kingmore, my baseball bat.

I believe that if you want to hunt, or you just want to shoot at something. There should be designated places to do so - just like there are designated places to go race V8 supercars or nascars. *shrugs*
I think the main point that arises with Americans and gun laws is that "2nd amendment" thingo? Where they feel its their right to have guns and we all know that Americans hate being told they can't do something.

Afterburner - don't take it personally buddy. But if I said to you tomorrow "Look man, I'll buy your gun off you for it's current value, and if you wanna shoot something - you can go to this location and do it without the threat of something going wrong", what would you say to me?
Although, admittedly - I understand that America is alot different to Australia with their guns. There is alot more hostility and violence with them in the sense of crime.

But seriously, what kind of coward needs to drive by his enemy and pump 2 rounds into him and twelve more into an innocent child nearby?

Personally, the only time I'd ever use a bullet against someone, is to throw to them before I spear tackle the bastard and give him a hefty headbutt. But that is just more of a 'scare tactic' in my opinion. icon_wink.gif

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

President and C.E.O. of Beardtek Incorporated Australia, Pty. Ltd.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
I laugh at anyone who uses the 2nd amendment as defence, if you wish to follow gun laws from 200 years ago, you deserved to be shot.

Dgamer

Dgamer
  • Members
  • 676 posts
  • xfire:dgamer
According to the Centers for Disease Control, the rate of firearm death of children 0-14 years old is nearly twelve times higher in the U.S. than in 25 other industrialized nations combined. The firearm-related homicide rate is nearly 16 times higher for children in the U.S. than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. The suicide rate of children 0-14 years old is twice as high in the U.S. as it is in those same 25 other industrialized countries combined. Interestingly, there is no difference in the non-firearm suicide rate between the U.S. and these other countries. Virtually all the difference is attributable to suicides committed with guns in the U.S.

Doesnt that say something about gun laws in the US?
"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction." - Douglas MacArthur

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
zOMFG BTW I forgot this: please, let's keep the gun related discussion separated from the "natural" inferences about america and the americans... guns are an integral part of the USA's culture, there's no doubt about it. My question is: is such a cultural change possible, even the "american" belief that *everyone* (restrictions may apply) should be able to have a gun? this, by no means, should turn in an already familiar session of america-bashing... we're all tired of that, IMHO

Greeks were able to bid farewell to the drachma (the oldest currency in use in the world by that time!) in favor of the euro... that is a good example of "cultural" change

Edit: my grammar sucks, excuse me

Dgamer

Dgamer
  • Members
  • 676 posts
  • xfire:dgamer
Sorry, he mentioned the 2nd Amendment so i assumed this topic was US related.
"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction." - Douglas MacArthur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users