Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lets settle this, anti-gun folk

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Painkilla05

Painkilla05
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • xfire:Painkilla05
  • Interests:Mostely FPS. I play Halo, CoD, and UT.
Im totally for guns. But only as means of self defense.
IPB Image

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
QUOTE (Painkilla05 @ Nov 7 2006, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im totally for guns. But only as means of self defense.

I need a gun to protect myself against people with guns icon_lol.gif

Kuassi

Kuassi
  • Members
  • 828 posts
  • xfire:Kuassi
  • Steam ID:xKuassix
  • PSN:Kuass1
QUOTE (Afterburner @ Nov 7 2006, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough guns are in circulation already that criminals could still get them regardless of the laws, so disalowing law-abiding citizens from owning firearms would be counterproductive.

I don't think anyone is trying to "disallow" the sale of guns....They're just trying to put stricter gun control laws in place.

Honestly, what would it change if they succeeded?

I think that anything we can do to limit the sales of guns is a step forward in the right direction.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
QUOTE (Kiron @ Nov 7 2006, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need a gun to protect myself against people with guns icon_lol.gif

And so it goes in a downwards spiral. It's true.

That idea about paying money to bring in their guns is pretty good, tbh
I also think handguns should stop being made, but not outlawed to have, but you are not allowed to bring them into the country
That way, people won't go to great lengths to hide them, but eventually, along with the policy of paying people for their handguns, handguns will eventually disappear from much of the streets over a period of, say, 20-40 years. After all, by then nobody will want a 40-year-old weapon, or it won't be as cool to have, although it may still work. Sure, smuggling will still happen, but at least there won't be as many...
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

DemomanScotboi

DemomanScotboi

MotM July '07

• Banned
  • 3,063 posts
  • xfire:henx12
  • Interests:Buyin',Sellin',Tradin',Stalkin people to make em buy 'er sell.
  • Gamer Army ID:808
i really dont want people to flame here,but isnt there the saying that ''God gave us the right to bear arms''?

or is that just me? i think thats the second amendment so im just repeating people.

i really think there can be better ways to protect yourself other than firearms,but thats just me.

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
I am pro-gun.

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
Yeah, tighter gun laws, only apply to those people who abide by the law. Criminals are NOT going to abide by gun laws. They are criminals. Its just common sense.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Nov 7 2006, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, tighter gun laws, only apply to those people who abide by the law. Criminals are NOT going to abide by gun laws. They are criminals. Its just common sense.

the solution to that? Its called large scale Police raids icon_wink.gif

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Nov 7 2006, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. They also don't pull guns out of the hands of those criminals, as those are usually purchased through black market means anyway. What it does is take away the average law-abiding citizen's right to defend his/herself from those people who are getting guns illegally and committing crimes with them.

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
QUOTE (fykusfire @ Nov 7 2006, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. They also don't pull guns out of the hands of those criminals, as those are usually purchased through black market means anyway. What it does is take away the average law-abiding citizen's right to defend his/herself from those people who are getting guns illegally and committing crimes with them.

... or there is a police crack down on the black market, and criminals icon_confused.gif

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
I really don't see anything wrong with debates, I havn't seen one flame or "worthless post" in this thread yet besides yours arcade, so i'll tell you nicely, don't tell me how to do my job.

To adress the gun control situation...it's more a neverending cycle. I mean, if i'm going to take away your gun that you use for protection I am taking away your feeling of safetly. Now I know some of you guys said that we are too irresponsible to bear arms but we are atm, plently of people are, and I am still yet to see citizens running around shooting their gun because it's an "irresistable feeling".

I guess my main point is if you are going to take guns away, but the criminals still have them, the law abiding citizens will want one for protection, leading them to getting guns illegaly which in turn makes them criminals because it's "against the law". It would kind of be like what happened when we tried to ban alchohol if you guys remember.

Edited by Afterburner, 07 November 2006 - 11:28 AM.

MMA, Live it. Steve Irwin Forever.

The Alu

The Alu
  • Members
  • 1,306 posts
*sigh* I love guns. They are awsome and fun to shoot with and I dont see any need for them to disappear but iīd really like gun-regulations to tighten a bit in the US (If they havenīt allready) seeing as its pretty easy to get a hold of a gun by either buying one or *borrowing* one from your parents.
There has really been some tragic accidents involving guns so if it gets a bit tougher to get hold of a piece wouldnīt it be worth it?
IPB Image

QUOTE(Orky @ Mar 22 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

Ahh! Communist! =P

Dgamer

Dgamer
  • Members
  • 676 posts
  • xfire:dgamer
If you really wanted to use a gun as self defence, ud have to carry it with you everywhere. And besides, how often does someone try to robb you? and even if it did happen, ud have to get the gun out first and turn safety off, but the robber would probably have taken u by suprise anyway so thats not much help. And getting into a struggle with a gun isnt good cause then either of you could get killed just as easily.
"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction." - Douglas MacArthur

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 1,000 posts
  • Steam ID:remistofeles
QUOTE (Afterburner @ Nov 7 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't see anything wrong with debates, I havn't seen one flame or "worthless post" in this thread yet besides yours arcade, so i'll tell you nicely, don't tell me how to do my job.

If stating something politely is a worthless or flame post, well... excuse me. I'm actually glad you are open to suggestions <sarcasm/>, like that oine and also, using the "search" button too (this has been discussed before, several times)

I hope those who *are* someone to tell you how to do your job do theirs and tell you... that's all

Shh

Shh
  • Banned
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (Dgamer @ Nov 7 2006, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you really wanted to use a gun as self defence, ud have to carry it with you everywhere. And besides, how often does someone try to robb you? and even if it did happen, ud have to get the gun out first and turn safety off, but the robber would probably have taken u by suprise anyway so thats not much help. And getting into a struggle with a gun isnt good cause then either of you could get killed just as easily.

Amen to that.

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:My name is Joe Atash and I am active in MMA, Mixed Martial Arts. I try to log on whenever I can to help moderate but it gets a bit harder now n days. <br /><br /> Family, my well being, God, and the world you live in as well as the people who live in it. Thats all I really need concern myself with. Keep easy guys.<br /><br />Burner's got Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/29600859<br />
QUOTE (arcade_freek @ Nov 7 2006, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If stating something politely is a worthless or flame post, well... excuse me. I'm actually glad you are open to suggestions <sarcasm/>, like that oine and also, using the "search" button too (this has been discussed before, several times)

I hope those who *are* someone to tell you how to do your job do theirs and tell you... that's all

A quick off topic...

You are not stating something politly, most people including myself would take it as rude. Further, i'm open to critisim, and i'm wont start crying when you say i'm not doing my job, but it can be done through PM. If you want to talk to me further about it I suggest you use the PMs, like you told me to use the search button.

BTW I have searched the topic and it hasn't been brought up for a long time, and theres new devolopments on the topic. I'm not about to bring up old threads from two-four monthes ago. Thats the end of this discussion in this topic. Thanks arcade.

Edited by Afterburner, 07 November 2006 - 11:58 AM.

Shh

Shh
  • Banned
  • 109 posts
*takes out a bag of popcorn*

Afterburner

Afterburner

Amatuer Fighter

• Members
  • 2,496 posts
QUOTE (Kuassi @ Nov 7 2006, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think anyone is trying to "disallow" the sale of guns....They're just trying to put stricter gun control laws in place.

Honestly, what would it change if they succeeded?

I think that anything we can do to limit the sales of guns is a step forward in the right direction.

Yea that sums it up pretty good. To completly ban guns would have the same end result as when we tried to abolish alchohol.

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
QUOTE (Dgamer @ Nov 7 2006, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This post fails.

DONT CARRY YOUR GUN, UNLESS YOU HAVE A CONCEALED HANDGUN LISENCE. Leave your guns at homem for home/family protection. If you have kids, educate them on gun saftey. Stress to them, that a gun is ALWAYS loaded. Even if its not.

How often does soomeone rob you? It only takes once dude.

If a burgular came in my house, I would be made immidatly aware by the alarm. Then I would grab the 32 cal handgun on my computer desk. (this gun has no safety) At this point you have a choice to make. Shoot, or dont shoot. Verify the target isnt a loved one, and go for the headshot. Because You should NEVER pull a gun out, if you dont plan on shooting it. And always shoot to kill.

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
Here is a few links that will hopefully make the anti-gun pussies STFU.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/viort.htm
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/17/crime.rate/index.html
So OBVIOUSLY having guns is making the violent crime rate go down or something.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users