Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

so who the fuck is adam?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SoBeDragon

SoBeDragon
  • Members
  • 52 posts
we all remember the youtube video where jarrett was talkin to the kid with cancer and "accidently" calls the cameraman Adam. Just a slip? Drunk? Clue me in

Revsta

Revsta
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, film, skateboarding, guitar, music etc.
Disinformation!

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
A. N00b icon_wink.gif
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
i've no idea. either i wasnt around when the bday video was released or i was unconscious. maybe they thought there was too much talk of geoff's name on the forums...

Comet

Comet
  • Members
  • 393 posts
  • xfire:cptcomet
  • Interests:I don't play games quite so much anymore, the occasional go on CSS. I love music, I play guitar and i'm learning piano.<br /><br />Huge fan of Muse.<br /><br />I work and go to college.
I think it could have been a double bluff.
Founder of The Keep Kyle Hidden Club

The_Zooloo_Master

The_Zooloo_Master
  • Members
  • 912 posts
  • xfire:thezooloomaster
  • Interests:Entertainment,____, watching pure pwnage, pwning noobs, philosophy.
QUOTE (Revsta @ Nov 7 2006, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Disinformation!

He's got it there. It was a pretty stupid video which made no sense in the first place, but I think they might have done that to try and stop people believing in the Geoff theory.
"If I continue with this shit I'm going to end up in jail, in a hospital, or dead. Or all 3." -- Joby

jack111

jack111
  • Members
  • 109 posts
ooh my goodness u guys gotta be kidding me... this rumor is still going around.. why isn't it dead yet...

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
The day will never come when this ends.

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
My bet is double bluff.

It was released after episode 3 I believe, just before episode 4.

The Whole Jeremy = Matt slip on kyle part may have been linked to the whole Machinima with ZH in ep4... Jeremys USA character was named Matt...

Maybe one of the other characters in ep4 Machinima skit was called adam on script lol.
hehe.

loopy

loopy
  • GA Corporal
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music (listening not playing, unfortunately), Reading, Stuff
  • Gamer Army ID:119
The story of Adam:

Adam rose from humble beginnings, living on the fringes of the pro gaming scene from the time of the Space Invaders. However, his moment arrived when he managed to be recruited to a small show centered around the life of Jeremy, a pro gamer and student of the Masterer. He quickly grew acclimatised to his new role; replacement light carrier, after Dawei's career was launched in an early episode.

Adam quickly rose in the ranks of the gamer army the Masterer was assembling, assigned not only to make sure the light cast a perfect halo around Jeremy's head, but to learn from the man known as the Pwnerer.

Now, the fall of Adam is rarely talked about in the ranks of the Masterer's forces, but through extensive research I have managed to piece together evidence that point to a squandering of skill bequeathed to Adam from the Masterer. Adam has since been delegated to the Gaming Anthropology Labs under my care, in the position of Data Miner, until he can be trusted to once again be a "pro gamer".

(All of this is true, for I am an Anthropologist.)

((Also, if you want me to do more of these random things, feel free to message me, they are fun to write, lol.))

Stat

Stat
  • Members
  • 95 posts
xD

robert911

robert911
  • Members
  • 359 posts
  • xfire:aceton911
  • Interests:owning pwning pooning spooning, need i say more :D
that was a pretty tight story there loopy haha but wth is anthropology?
<Robert1> 8ball did i own jarett online before
<PurePwnage> Robert1, Answer hazy.
<Robert1> 8ball i kno i did didnt i
<PurePwnage> Robert1, All signs point to yes.

loopy

loopy
  • GA Corporal
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music (listening not playing, unfortunately), Reading, Stuff
My newest lame-ass attempt to get onto (or at least mentioned) on the show. It'll happen eventually icon_biggrin.gif

Anthropology: The scientific and humanistic study of man's present and past biological, linguistic, social, and cultural variations.

Thus, when I say I am a gaming anthropologist, I am studying gaming culture icon_biggrin.gif.

(Note: Not a real anthropologist)

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
They were drunk. Very, very drunk. icon_razz.gif

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Sirko

Sirko
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,026 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:41
people did whois on the domain found geoff lapaire so imho he put out the video as a 'psy-op'(look up that word) to kinda confuse people and it did work really good icon_biggrin.gif
<11101001> Peace Rules

loopy

loopy
  • GA Corporal
  • 483 posts
I prefer my "the story of Adam" however icon_biggrin.gif.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (fps_anth @ Nov 7 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were drunk. Very, very drunk. icon_razz.gif

well i have another opinion....has something to do with jeremy and kyles address. icon_wink.gif

PwNoLoGy

PwNoLoGy
  • Members
  • 27 posts
my investigations say that by that episode, rumors about "geoff lapaire" were growing, so they made that up in order to cover real "kyle"

the biggest evidence is that they upload on the internet icon_smile.gif so every single will be sure that there is no "geoff lapaire" icon_smile.gif

dats all

Tubby

Tubby

MotM Feb 2007 | Funniest Member 2006 | Teh_Tubbernaut

• GA Corporal
  • 2,921 posts
  • xfire:Tubbeh
  • Interests:Drinking, beard growing.
  • Steam ID:Tubbeh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Tubbernaut
  • PSN:Tubbernaut
  • Gamer Army ID:151
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (SoBeDragon @ Nov 7 2006, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we all remember the youtube video where jarrett was talkin to the kid with cancer and "accidently" calls the cameraman Adam. Just a slip? Drunk? Clue me in

Yeah, I read those "Adam & ______" threads and I thought to myself "Dude, the "conspiracy concept" is fucking retarded. How long does it take you to press the rewind button for 20 seconds, and reshoot the footage?"
It's a way of throwing stupid people off the trail and for minor shits and giggles - ViewAskew do it all the time. icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PwNoLoGy @ Nov 8 2006, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my investigations say that by that episode, rumors about "geoff lapaire" were growing, so they made that up in order to cover real "kyle"
the biggest evidence is that they upload on the internet icon_smile.gif so every single will be sure that there is no "geoff lapaire" icon_smile.gif
dats all

And aren't you that guy who just took all four of them "rumor" topics, summarized the information and took complete credit for "investigating" it? Followed by another two threads of having a hissy fit when people didn't wanna hear it?
But pretty much, yeah - you're right. Just a way of baiting the public into conspiracy.

Some fathers teach their sons to shave. Others teach theirs to be men.

Wolf the Widowmaker

Wolf the Widowmaker
  • Members
  • 783 posts
  • xfire:wolfthewidowmaker
  • Interests:FPS, RPG, retro games
Jeremy seemed to be very sleepy or have a hell of a hangover. And, it was probably a double bluff unless he was sleepy enough to hallucinate..

-Half-Life. Because zombies are better off dead.
-WTF has Half-Life got to do with Physics???
-You cannot kill the Free Man. (Well, you COULD kill him, but at least you couldn't zombify him. I hope.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users