Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EPISODE 12 - Game Over

• Please log in to reply
1070 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (1118 member(s) have cast votes)

rate it!

1. 5 (best) (764 votes [68.46%])

Percentage of vote: 68.46%

2. 4 (249 votes [22.31%])

Percentage of vote: 22.31%

3. 3 (62 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. 2 (11 votes [0.99%])

Percentage of vote: 0.99%

5. 1 (worst) (30 votes [2.69%])

Percentage of vote: 2.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

77boy84

77boy84
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • xfire:77boy84
They made two callbacks to episode 4.

When the two detectives(are they detectives?) say the sun burns teh_masterer,the man comments "Like the lava in metroid",Jeremy says the exact same thing in episode 4.

The man that kidnapped Anastasia said "This cannot be won with a few pawns,and a single bishop".Teh_masterer says he beat Deep blue with nothing but a row of pawns and a bishop.

There are probalby more callbacks,but I haven't caught them.

Kerensky287

Kerensky287
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • xfire:kerensky287
  • Interests:Wii, DS, Mechwarrior, and lots of RTS. Dawn of War DC for the win!
  • Wii:0115029572583129
I thought it was a great episode, no idea what you guys are talking about. I think that it's still great, especially if you consider that nobody else knows what the hell is going on, and these guys are taking their gaming so seriously. Imagine if someone was just kind of walking by when they saw Doug whip his TV at the ground...

Anyway, I think that the show's starting to get better now that it has a plot. There aren't unlimited jokes in the world, especially those revolving around a pro gamer. If the show hadn't started to get a plot, then it probably would have degraded to "Why did the pro gamer cross the road" jokes by now... this way, they have a lot more funny situations that they can add in, and they can tell a gripping story at the same time.

Plus... well, the plot itself seems like it belongs in a video game. Who doesn't want that?

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (Teh Ghost @ Nov 7 2006, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the start I agreed entirely with everyone’s complaints about the show going far too cliché. However, the more I repetitively post, and think about it, the more I disagree with you.
Please take the time to read this, if you’re actually interested in purepwnage’s future. I mean, take things into consideration.
Now you’re saying that the underground gamer army thing is over done or lame? No! Think about it, since the very early eps. There has been teh_masterer and such, with his gamer army. It’s cool, it adds spice, and if we really want this show to continue, they need a story line to keep it going. People would simply get bored if every ep. It was nothing but Jeremy sitting pwning newbs (As fun as it is to watch, you need extra things, like a story line and such!) So complain now, however in the long run, it is for the better. As well as I stated before they are going on guess and check, they will learn from their mistakes.
Serious? Yes. But it does add a little something else. So at times it got serious, so? There’s no problem with that, as long as it remains funny at most points, and gameristic (that’s not a word, but … ya know, it sounds cool and stuff).

I say good job with the show. Keep going. Maybe a little more gaming, but keep up with the sick story line! It really makes me want to watch the next season! But 2007! Ah! Such a long wait!
Oh, and about the too serious? How in the hell are you supposed to make a good, non serious ending? You cannot make a funny cliff hanger. It just doesn’t grab your attention in the same way.

^this guy gets it^

nice work....

this is what people need to keep in mind about this episode...it's a season finale...you gotta do what you gotta do to tell the story. and epi 12 is the perfect cap to set us up for the perfect season, season 2.

next season we will see a return of dave, doug and dick....we will see jeremy triumph over the evil gamer army (after he himself goes bad for a few episodes), we will see kyle develop his skills, and sometime twords the end of season 2 everyone from the past shows will come crawling out of the woodwork to combine forces and fight the bad guys (han solo blasting the tie fighters off luke in IV during the death star run).

keep in mind....people at the theaters HATED empire strikes back....

Teh Ghost

Teh Ghost
  • GA Private
  • 59 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:439
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Nov 7 2006, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^this guy gets it^

nice work....

this is what people need to keep in mind about this episode...it's a season finale...you gotta do what you gotta do to tell the story. and epi 12 is the perfect cap to set us up for the perfect season, season 2.

next season we will see a return of dave, doug and dick....we will see jeremy triumph over the evil gamer army (after he himself goes bad for a few episodes), we will see kyle develop his skills, and sometime twords the end of season 2 everyone from the past shows will come crawling out of the woodwork to combine forces and fight the bad guys (han solo blasting the tie fighters off luke in IV during the death star run).

Ty icon_smile.gif

SunPenguin

SunPenguin
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • xfire:angtu
That was a very excellent episode. It definitely match the intensity of some of the greatest TV series out there, especially the ending, it was packed with heat. It was no doubt the best episode so far. Finally every little thing from each episode is stringing together. Nice to see some actors returning into their roles, I think it makes the show more interesting to have some reference to the older episode.

And i do agree with the person earlier. I think the underground gamer theme is really what makes this show dramatic and interesting. I mean, how many episodes can you make about a bunch of gamers screwing around until people lose interest? Although i was a bit dissapointed that we didn't see more about the guy with the artist hat (the one who "lost his wallet"). I thought he would be a interesting point to touch. and also i think Kyle (I insist on calling him Kyle) pushed the acting a bit too much at times. Doug was great. Jeremy was great. But i think in the beginning the boss guy was very unnatural, and Anastasia (however you spell her name) was a bit weird towards the middle. Anyways, Keep working on the details.

btw, can we buy the little voice key chain with jeremy and doug's voice? i really want one for christmas.

MuRdErOuS

MuRdErOuS
  • Members
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Nov 7 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^this guy gets it^

nice work....

What theatre in nowhereville did you see empire strikes back?

T3h_R4V3N

T3h_R4V3N
  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • xfire:buffboy01
kyle liek toaly tarintinoed ep 12
IPB Image

Russell

Russell
  • Members
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (SunPenguin @ Nov 7 2006, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw, can we buy the little voice key chain with jeremy and doug's voice? i really want one for christmas.

I'll sell you mine for 50 bucks.

Wargasm

Wargasm
  • Members
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (77boy84 @ Nov 7 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They made two callbacks to episode 4.

When the two detectives(are they detectives?) say the sun burns teh_masterer,the man comments "Like the lava in metroid",Jeremy says the exact same thing in episode 4.

The man that kidnapped Anastasia said "This cannot be won with a few pawns,and a single bishop".Teh_masterer says he beat Deep blue with nothing but a row of pawns and a bishop.

There are probalby more callbacks,but I haven't caught them.

Then perhaps Teh_Masterer will beat his next enemy with nothing but a row of pawns and a bishop! haha.

Atown

Atown
  • Members
  • 81 posts
  • xfire:Atownbt
Im really impressed by everything, the gaming references (7 called 3 etc), micro battle stuff, the truth about forgetting aniversarrys, etc. I am a strong christian and dont condone becoming drunk, but i think you guys created a good representation of what its like to be drug and with the concerns of the masterer concerning it, i thought it was kool. the homeschool thing was hilarious cuz i was home schooled my entire life till i went to college at age 16 so it was hilarous when he came back with the tv 5 secs after he left. im so buying dvds and cd's. so awesome guys great way to end the season
user posted image

Teh Ghost

Teh Ghost
  • GA Private
  • 59 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:439
Woah (I just rewatched ep.4 and 12) Its true! I never would have noticed that. Most impressive.

Pen2_Andy_P

Pen2_Andy_P
  • Members
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:fps, rts, console, sm, ddr, graphic design
Who is that guy eating behind Jeramy?

Wargasm

Wargasm
  • Members
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (Pen2_Andy_P @ Nov 7 2006, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is that guy eating behind Jeramy?

Lol, when? (and Jeremy*)

dontgetcaught

dontgetcaught
  • Members
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (st1dinoh @ Nov 7 2006, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
try 20 minutes...

if it takes you 5 hours to type that much you are mildly retarded.

and i didn't say i wanted to watch jeremy and tagi flirting around, i said it was important to the storyline. obviously it would have taken you you 5 hours to read that, so you didn't, otherwise you would have caught that point.

if you think that the show is focusing on how cool jeremy thinks he is for hooking up with tagi, you must sincrly be jealous that you get no action. sounds like the only piece of ass you've ever had is when your finger slipped through the toilet paper.

stop harping on storyline foundation building and look at how the relationship between tagi and jeremy played it's role in the final episode. look at why it was crucial to present that to the audience in order to get to the finale/clifhanger.

you cant just go from point a to point z asshat you gotta transition. the point of the last scene was to show jeremy in a rage to come save tagi, and you can't grasp/appreciate that anger and determination without showing thier relationship develop and prosper.

mabey you should go to film school, and fund an internet show about what you like....see how good it does....i've got a sneaking suspicion it'll suck ass just like your post...but thats just me and %80 of the people who voted in the poll...so what do they know right?

oh and yeah....you can shove that little mermaid DVD up your no pussy gettin ass. my post didn't mention your name, it was a response to the 18 pages i read through where assholes like yourself kept tossing out hatefull comments everynow and then. so if you don;t like it, why don't you fuck off.

Of course I expect you to result to name calling, typical 13 year old... Im not tossing out hateful comments, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM that people read and give feedback on what the liked and DIDNT like about the episode. Clearly you are missing the point of what a forum is about.

Obviously there is a number of people here who think it sucked, I think it sucked because half the show revolved around the pwnerer talking on his fucking cell phone like he is some business pimp in his suit instead of a gamer, then spending the better part of the show fucking around with Tagi and celebrating their anniversary. Not to mention the fact that a large portion of the show took place in a pub which isnt positive encouragement for all the young people watching the show. But I must admit, they did a good job showng what faggots guys become when they are pussy whipped, like ditching your best friend.

I have nothing against Tagi or her role, but its just going overboard. The show is becoming the Power Rangers with a love interest. People are just idolizing Jeremy now and no matter what crap they release people think its cool. If they keep down this path I think that people will get bored or will lose interest. I'll keep watching it just to see if they can turn it around from where the first 9 eps were going but if not then Ill just stop watching it. But even so, Ill still buy all the keychains and the DVD of the 1st season just because its funny.

Im not being hateful, Im just stating the reality and if you look at other peoples comments im not the only one who thinks its starting to suck, that the crew is getting full of themselves (except Doug - he is still true to his role), and that it could have been a lot better. If you dont like other peoples opinions that dont agree with what you think then you are in the wrong place, this is a FORUM. Go look it up in a dictionary... then go start a "I worship Jeremy website" and beat off to him and Tagi celebrating their anniversary like a winner.

For the 80% that liked it, good for you... obviously the PP crew are doing something right going down this path. They can't please everyone.

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (MuRdErOuS @ Nov 7 2006, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What theatre in nowhereville did you see empire strikes back?

oh i'm sorry you're right. star wars fans loved the dark depressing luke loses his hand, lots of good guys die mood of empire...

cause it was just like the first one where the good guys won...

tons of fans were pissed because they wanted to see luke trimuph, not luke lose his hand, and han get frozen in carbonite....

it was completly different from what they expected based on the first one. it bummed people out and they were pissed about it.

please tell me you are even old enuff to remember at least return of the jedi coming out...if not then you should do some googling bro....i was alive back then and remember it well. my dad was a huge fan and was pissed that the empire struck back so hard. most people were under the ipression that yeah the darkside will mount a fight against the rebels, but the rebels would win....but lucas left em all hanging till jedi...and jedi is what made starwars such an epic trilogy. fans lined up for days just to see how the jedi's would return...and only....onjly because they had thier asses handed to them in empire....

so go ahead...ask me again smartass.

AZN_L473ncy

AZN_L473ncy
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Love the Kangel track when their getting wasted.

I'd like to see more emerging artists music in the ep's. (Tai Quach maybe)

Waffle_god

Waffle_god
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Fudge
OMFG!!!!!

I KNEW IT!!!!! KYLE WAS THE MASTERER!!!!! (or at least played by the same guy)

Anyways, the main villan doesn't look all that badass so the masterer is gonna own him up.

BTW the whole ur skin's gonna burn stuff, it's really bogus, i know this isn't the most realish show but that is just imposible for someones skin to lose EVREYTJING over the course of twenty years, who cares, vampires own too!

I guess if ky;e's gonna be part of the story now som1 else gonna b masterer (how bout the guy who does his voice). Its pretty cool cuz masterer's voice was used to ask the questions to the babes in episode 2.

yep good episode! keep it up!

PureNoobage

PureNoobage
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Ok, I'm going to give a real review and feedback of what i thought like always.

When the episode first became i was like Damn this is going to be good. Theres going to advancement to the storyline, and not just all screwing around stuff which is also fun. But i was more interested in the plot.

Anyways as it went go i got weary. Everything was still good i thought til they went drinking. That part lasted a little too long and wasnt that great if i can put it that way. For me it was the worst part of the entire series. When it got near the end, where jeremy is saying ok thats the end. I was thinking wow what a crappy epsiode.
Begginning was good then got a long middle of "i dont know what", then i think it revived itself. The end was really good i loved it. All i got to say is Good Job guys. You guys done it again, i really looking forward for the next one. Just make sure all the characters stay in character. "twink doug doug".

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
QUOTE (dontgetcaught @ Nov 7 2006, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course I expect you to result to name calling, typical 13 year old... Im not tossing out hateful comments, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM that people read and give feedback on what the liked and DIDNT like about the episode. Clearly you are missing the point of what a forum is about.

Obviously there is a number of people here who think it sucked, I think it sucked because half the show revolved around the pwnerer talking on his fucking cell phone like he is some business pimp in his suit instead of a gamer, then spending the better part of the show fucking around with Tagi and celebrating their anniversary. Not to mention the fact that a large portion of the show took place in a pub which isnt positive encouragement for all the young people watching the show. But I must admit, they did a good job showng what faggots guys become when they are pussy whipped, like ditching your best friend.

I have nothing against Tagi or her role, but its just going overboard. The show is becoming the Power Rangers with a love interest. People are just idolizing Jeremy now and no matter what crap they release people think its cool. If they keep down this path I think that people will get bored or will lose interest. I'll keep watching it just to see if they can turn it around from where the first 9 eps were going but if not then Ill just stop watching it. But even so, Ill still buy all the keychains and the DVD of the 1st season just because its funny.

Im not being hateful, Im just stating the reality and if you look at other peoples comments im not the only one who thinks its starting to suck, that the crew is getting full of themselves (except Doug - he is still true to his role), and that it could have been a lot better. If you dont like other peoples opinions that dont agree with what you think then you are in the wrong place, this is a FORUM. Go look it up in a dictionary... then go start a "I worship Jeremy website" and beat off to him and Tagi celebrating their anniversary like a winner.

For the 80% that liked it, good for you... obviously the PP crew are doing something right going down this path. They can't please everyone.

again with you...seriously get off my nuts.

i told you why they needed to take this episode in the direction they did. you obviously can't comprehend something outside of jeremy pwning some noobs in cs or generals, they needed to finish the story, awnser all the questions, and hook us for next season....this is classic story telling. i'm sure there are people who voted "best ever" because the do the same thing for each episode....but this is the best way to end the chapter, and make you want to turn the page...mabey not you, but a majority of people can at least appreciate this episode for what it needed to accomplish, and it went beyond that. so i just simply don't get what the fuck you are yammering on about.

like i said the first time you decided to rant on me (bitting off more than you can chew obviously) i never mentioned you...i don;t know you., and further more who the fuck are you? but all that aside i'm closing in on 30, i'm a huge fan of movies (400+ dvd's) and i know what needss to be done to tell a story and hook the fans, and i think kyle is doing the best job anyone can at capturing his audience. and i think it's fucking rude and disrespectfull the way a handfull of shit heads have used this thread to insult and attack the pure pwnage staff. if you didn't do that then the post wasn't directed at you.

on a side note...what part of a forum doesn't allow me to voice my opinions on yours? say whatever the hell you want, just be ready to have your ass handed to you when you talk out of it.

Waffle_god

Waffle_god
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Fudge
<D: jeez people stop flaming

so go ahead...ask me again smartass.

so if you don;t like it, why don't you fuck off.

it was a response to the 18 pages i read through where assholes like yourself kept tossing out hatefull comments everynow and then

sounds like the only piece of ass you've ever had is when your finger slipped through the toilet paper.

you can shove that little mermaid DVD up your no pussy gettin ass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users