Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wow.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Tel

Tel
  • Banned
  • 1,253 posts
  • xfire:teleoblivion
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage, Music, Photography, Photoshop,Gaming,Buttsecks?, Biking, Laughing at Emo Kids, Your mom jokes, Spikedhumor, Torrenting, These forums, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw&eurl=

Wow.

Just Wow.

Dont expect a laugh.

I'm gonna have to agree with that voice, That is, The Single Most Important Image Taken in the History of Humanity.

by-tor2112

by-tor2112
  • GA Private
  • 2,274 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:skc132
  • Gamer Army ID:1860
Thats so incredible! thats intense I had no clue that there was so many galaxy's! Know I wanna meet an alien icon_razz.gif

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
Uh, I was expecting something a little more radical than basically what I designed in my head when I was 15 and interested in 'philosophical deep thought'. Cool for those unexposed, I guess.

The Pink Floyd was very stereotypically passe. Still liked it though.

Tel

Tel
  • Banned
  • 1,253 posts
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage, Music, Photography, Photoshop,Gaming,Buttsecks?, Biking, Laughing at Emo Kids, Your mom jokes, Spikedhumor, Torrenting, These forums, etc.
It kinda sucks though... To think that were probably not gonna be around to see space travel... I mean, Yeah, We MIGHT Go to the moon, But the moon is TERRIBLY Overrated compared to all that.

Man, This makes me feel really philosophical. I break for Aliens!

I'm currently converting this, then I'm gonna burn it and show it to EVERYONE I KNOW.

by-tor2112

by-tor2112
  • GA Private
  • 2,274 posts
I wish we meet aliens before I dye that day is going to be so cool I am so interested in that kind of stuff I <3 it I forget what its call though meh I'm really tired right now I don't know why

Tel

Tel
  • Banned
  • 1,253 posts
Yeah, that video kinda makes me tired.

But then again, It makes me really excited, Cause I know that one of these days, Someone from earth is gonna go to one of those galaxy's in the picture. icon_razz.gif

destroyer56

destroyer56
  • Members
  • 1,893 posts
Heh, I always laugh how movies always pit the world against aliens, and then the humans win. I mean like damn, if they can travel THAT far to get here, then there is no fucking way we would stand a chance against them. But then you have to remember that aliens are most likely very peaceful and all of the (real) UFO sitings and stuff are probably just them studying us. I would really like to meet an alien but I doubt aliens would make any contact with us inferior beings for quite a while longer... I mean like just the thought of how huge the universe is can almost make your mind explode icon_eek.gif
IPB Image

Tel

Tel
  • Banned
  • 1,253 posts
QUOTE (destroyer56 @ Nov 4 2006, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would really like to meet an alien but I doubt aliens would make any contact with us inferior beings for quite a while longer...

Yeah, Same. I pity the people who are all scared of being abducted. I mean, I think it would be fucking cool. Especially if they were like "We want to observe your Mating Process" Or something. (tel wrote this)

I mean like just the thought of how huge the universe is can almost make your mind explode icon_eek.gif

In the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, They have a box that Instantly Kills you. Guess what it contains, The universe. The whole universe.

Korru

Korru
  • GA Private
  • 1,547 posts
  • xfire:korru
  • Interests:Music, philosophy, games even though a bit less nowadays, and anime!
  • Gamer Army ID:197
Nice video icon_smile.gif
You recreated your own world based on reality.You escaped to imagination, and distorted the truth It's not a dream, but a substitute for reality.

Then, where is my dream? It's a continuation of reality. Where's my reality? It's where the dream ends.

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
In regards to aliens and all that stuff possibly existing on other planets it's an interesting thought to imagine a more advanced form of civilised life living on another planet. Maybe they will come and visit us someday. Ooh the things we could learn.

Here's a more interesting thought (well imo). What if we are the most advanced form of life in the universe? What if we, with all our flaws are the best our universe can come up with? Or to kick it up a notch what if we are in fact the only form of life anywhere? I mean we have all these alternate galaxies and planets and they are all empty. Simply empty planets waiting for a new natural disaster to destroy them. This disaster takes the form of a highly destructive and contagious disease. A disease so powerful it can destroy entire planets.

The disease called...

Humanity

DOT DOT DOT
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

by-tor2112

by-tor2112
  • GA Private
  • 2,274 posts
Yeah well I wanna meet an alien icon_smile.gif or maybe some hot alien chicks silverrlybp6.png? I dono but it better be soon

illusi0ns

illusi0ns
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • xfire:illusi0ns
interesting was very close to what i can conceived as a kid but i seriously doubt the human race will be round to know the true lengths of the universe with the way resources are depleting and weather pollution an still we keep scattering junk up in the sky every year or two
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Zoikon

Zoikon
  • GA Private
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:like a LOT!
  • Xbox / GFWL:gheeey
  • PSN:god no
  • Wii:Pwnage
  • Gamer Army ID:387
I feel so small icon_lol.gif
IPB Image

Saq

Saq
  • Members
  • 547 posts
  • xfire:saq782
QUOTE (by-tor2112 @ Nov 4 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah well I wanna meet an alien icon_smile.gif or maybe some hot alien chicks silverrlybp6.png? I dono but it better be soon

Well to be frank, one day, we soon wont have to call the green dude's "aliens". One day, we'll be mates with them through global (universal even?) alliance and they'll teach us the language they speak. Then once and for all, we'll know what they call themselve's.
I pwn so fine i blow your mind, HEY MICKY
My HCG Youtube group: http://www.youtube.com/group/HCG
IPB Image

Nestey

Nestey
  • Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • xfire:nestey100fm
  • Interests:Extremely cheesy glam metal and everything related to the 80's.
QUOTE (Komet @ Nov 4 2006, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, I was expecting something a little more radical than basically what I designed in my head when I was 15 and interested in 'philosophical deep thought'. Cool for those unexposed, I guess.

The Pink Floyd was very stereotypically passe. Still liked it though.

Qft
IPB Image

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • xfire:elliotter
  • Interests:Guitar, gaming, music, and friends
Good video.

Pink Floyd at the starting made it even better icon_biggrin.gif

Haplo

Haplo
  • Members
  • 931 posts
  • xfire:haplo5
brain cramp
ST1DinOH is my hero

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
I was about to yell at you all when I saw the piece of Numa Numsa the guy stuck in there.

But yeah. Cool, but not that amazing to me. Thats the kind of shit my mind wanders to when I try to go to sleep everynight.
Posted Image

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
It shows how small we are and how big are universe is and it is expanding. I thought it was very good video. Thank you for showing it.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
Astronomy fails to be important until some fundamental laws of physics can be bent/broken, for instance the closest know cluster of stars is 4.39 light years away, which if we are somehow to figure out how to maintain going the speed of light, we'd need to build a craft that could support it's inhabitants(and the craft) for at least 4.39 years. This is why in our lifetime we will most likely never see a rover mission or men in other galaxies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users