Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wow.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
this video lowers my selfesteem.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
QUOTE (Tel @ Nov 4 2006, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It kinda sucks though... To think that were probably not gonna be around to see space travel... I mean, Yeah, We MIGHT Go to the moon, But the moon is TERRIBLY Overrated compared to all that.

Man, This makes me feel really philosophical. I break for Aliens!

I'm currently converting this, then I'm gonna burn it and show it to EVERYONE I KNOW.

Dude, space travel will take a looooooooooooooooooooooooo*deep breath*oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ass time. Because the galaxies are light years away from us. But we can't go the speed of light and current physics states that we will never be able to. There are some theories(not yet proven) that if true going the speed of light is possible. Sadly we probably won't see those galaxies.
Light travels ~ 300,000km/s if I remember correctly, and there are 31,556,926 seconds in a year. 300,000km/s * 31,556,926 s = 9,467,077,800,000 km that light travels in a year.. very humbling. Mine was bit off because of rounding, but here is what most say a light year is 9.4605284 10(15).
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
the video was too long, and boring, and didn't tell me anything new.

the part with the numa numa song wasn't even funny, and i had to close the video before i died of pure shittyness

but no, we'll never meet the aliens before our galaxy blows up and we have nowhere to run
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

misdemeanor

misdemeanor
  • Members
  • 1,580 posts
silverrlybp6.png Wow very interesting movie.

Nogert

Nogert
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,583 posts
  • xfire:Nogert
  • Interests:I like lots of stuff
  • Xbox / GFWL:Nogert
  • Wii:Can't rember :(
  • Gamer Army ID:1209
I've thought as the world like that, just miles and miles and millions of other galaxies, it's so obvious there are other thing out there, much more than us, and if we all worked together and stopped bitching about nuclear weapons, and who bombed who we could invest into this and finally find what is out there, fuck this world, there so much more to this than the shit we have to put up with.

I get a bit annoyed on this subject because everybody will work together apart from the leaders of each country, I mean look at the gaming community, everyone from everywhere getting along but all the leaders are bitching and fighting, if everyone just worked together (hard i know everyone is so stuborn) then we'd actually acheive something worth writing down in history.

"but no, we'll never meet the aliens before our galaxy blows up and we have nowhere to run"

A billion years from now, the sun will explode apparetly, just look how far we've come in 200 years, imagine in a billion years, the sun ain't going be something we need to worry about anymore.

But yeah meeting other people and planets isn't all that safe either, I mean think about all the diseases, and all are diseases and theres mutating, and omg i can't even imagine universe would problably fuck its self in it's ass i dunno.

Tel

Tel
  • Banned
  • 1,253 posts
  • xfire:teleoblivion
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage, Music, Photography, Photoshop,Gaming,Buttsecks?, Biking, Laughing at Emo Kids, Your mom jokes, Spikedhumor, Torrenting, These forums, etc.
If you really think about it, This whole space process would go 5000X Faster if NASA WOULD STOP USING SHITTY COMPUTERS WTIH 128KB OF RAM!

confrico

confrico
  • Members
  • 6,783 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
that guy had a deep ass voice

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
Ahh makes you wonder, good brain food. You guys should check out "IMAX Hubble's view of the Universe", it's a video of compiled images taken by the Hubble, really amazing. Like someones already said it makes you feel, so small.

God

God
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests:azn grrlz
To Be Honest, this is a much better one, guys:
http://atinyglimpse.ytmnd.com/
QUOTE (confrico @ Mar 15 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chewing gum is sassy enough, let alone the extra fuck you of blowing a bubble

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
ooo, simplified verson. nice

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
QUOTE (Myth @ Nov 4 2006, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this video lowers my selfesteem.

It shouldn't at all. It should make you feel that there is something besides us that exist and all the countries need to unite.

Meshuggah

Meshuggah
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • xfire:meshuggah1166
That Numa Numa shit started and I almost got really angry. But then they continued and showed the image and I shat bricks.
QUOTE (Orky @ Jul 18 2006, 08:13 AM) View Post
Remember that "invention" thread and I said I'd have every monitor installed with a secret fist in the monitor that would shatter it to pieces when it flew out and knocked the kid in the face?

...Here's me wishing I patented it just a bit earlier before you bought your monitor.

Schrei

Schrei
  • Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • xfire:00schrei00
QUOTE (EEDOK @ Nov 4 2006, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Astronomy fails to be important until some fundamental laws of physics can be bent/broken, for instance the closest know cluster of stars is 4.39 light years away, which if we are somehow to figure out how to maintain going the speed of light, we'd need to build a craft that could support it's inhabitants(and the craft) for at least 4.39 years. This is why in our lifetime we will most likely never see a rover mission or men in other galaxies.

ah, this is where your wrong. if we were to be traveling relatively close to light speed yes it would be 4.39 years to everyone outside of the space craft. but inside it would seem like it took only a few weeks. Because of time dilation, the faster we move in space the slower we move in time. at 99.99999999% light speed the length of the ship would shrink to the size of a mere dot resulting in the density of the ship to be increased by a factor of 70,000, at which point time would be amost slowed to a stop. the amount of energy needed would be enourmous, and close to infinite. but it would make the trip a whole lot less noticable. and inside you wouldnt even notice a change in size.

but concidering it would take 6 months, accelerating at 2g's, to reach the speed of light, and another 6 months to slow down.. it wouldnt be all to fast

but i guess that can always be changed by increasing the acceleration rate. if they were to accelerate at 6g's (which would seem like wieghin 6 times what we would on earth) it would only take 2 months to speed up and 2 months to slow down. but some kind of life support would be needed to keep the passengers alive. but if you have the technology to send a ship through space at close to light speed you should be able to keep someone alive traveling at 6Gs for so long. and maybe it wouldnt even seem like 4months on the ship... more like just a few weeks.

Referrence

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Zoikon @ Nov 4 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel so small icon_lol.gif

QUOTE ('Location Principle')
It is unlikely that we occupy a special place in space or time

or, to put it in context -

We live on the third planet from a smaller than average star in the western spiral arm of a smaller than average gallaxy

and people wonder why i chose to study astrophysics at uni icon_lol.gif

That is absolutly incredible tho icon_smile.gif nice find icon_wink.gif

Twizzler Mark 4

Twizzler Mark 4
  • Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • xfire:twizzlermark4
wow thats uber intresting
Ever wonder why you click something?Is it because your curious or bored.

^everyone dose this...........I just wanna be loved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teh_Smell

Teh_Smell
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
I need doug around to clarify something for me..

my friend was sayin sumthin about the reason you cant travel at the speed of light is because you'd be infinitly massive... care to explain?
QUOTE(Boyces Mom)
How do I shot web?

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
QUOTE (Virus52 @ Nov 5 2006, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and people wonder why i chose to study astrophysics at uni icon_lol.gif

hmm, im considering astrophysics. any good?

Schrei

Schrei
  • Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • xfire:00schrei00
QUOTE (Teh_Smell @ Nov 4 2006, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need doug around to clarify something for me..

my friend was sayin sumthin about the reason you cant travel at the speed of light is because you'd be infinitly massive... care to explain?

wrong, its actually the other way around.. he must of ment having an infinite mass, not being infinitly massive. because as you increase speed you actually shrink, which increases your mass.. at light speed you would have shrunk to an infinitly small size with an infinitly large mass

its pretty crazy stuff.. for example, like a car exactly 16 feet long stationary traveling at 120 MPH would shrink down to about 15.9999999999974 feet in length. nothing at all noticable, but if you were traveling at 580 million mph (which is about 87% light speed) your ship would shrink by almost half.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
... <D:

pretty deep stuff here.
so i hear Einstein once stated that time travels at the speed of light... does this complicate space travel if we ever reach the speed of light? heh

tIb

tIb
  • Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • xfire:alistairw
QUOTE (confrico @ Nov 5 2006, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that guy had a deep ass voice

I'd hit it
fuck off nosy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users