Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I just got $250! What do I do?!?!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Contra_tehpwner

Contra_tehpwner
  • Banned
  • 486 posts
  • xfire:0contra0
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Oct 30 2006, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should buy WoW and play it for a couple months, then sell it and make like $500 lol...

look what you did rusty, you're turning the whole damn forums into wow player, and even worse GOLD FARMERS

Shadowstar

Shadowstar
  • GA Private
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:My companion cube and cake
  • Xbox / GFWL:AznInvasion22
  • Gamer Army ID:297
Wait a while until the Wii comes out.

Firefly

Firefly

I make movies, eh?

• GA Corporal
  • 5,099 posts
  • xfire:Fireflyfilms
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fireflyfilms
  • Gamer Army ID:121
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Contra_tehpwner @ Oct 31 2006, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
look what you did rusty, you're turning the whole damn forums into wow player, and even worse GOLD FARMERS

GodDAMN! Doesn't anyone remember my thing with the yin yangs?
QUOTE (Geoff @ Dec 5 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, a big thanks to Firefly for shooting most of this footage.

.:: Pure Pwnage Melbourne Premiere Footage ::.

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
I'd save it. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you have to spend it

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
QUOTE (Firefly @ Oct 31 2006, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GodDAMN! Doesn't anyone remember my thing with the two tadpoles fucking?

Fixed
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

Rusty*

Rusty*
  • Members
  • 199 posts
Well, just to tell the whole story. I bought WoW a month after it came out, so sometime in December 2004. Played it off and on, got to 60 in a couple months and just messed around for a bit but then stopped for sometime. I have 4 friends who also play (about twice a month we would all do a LAN at someone's house) and we all leveled together and mostly raided and pvped with each other over a summer. Then we stopped for our Senior year of high school, but started again after graduation and we all decided to make rogues and level as fast as possible. I got to 60 in about a month, forget the playing time but I was also working 40 hours a week at Meijer over the summer. I wouldn't normally do this, but I was joking with my friend I could get it done by the end of the month and he said I couldn't, so I did it as a challenge to him and myself. Was actually sort of fun.

So in the end I had a 60 mage with several epics from MC, ONY and then the ones from Frostwolf. I also got my rogue exalted with frostwolf and got him all blue gear with several random epics.

But I stopped playing when I left for college and so did my friends, all deciding to play again when the expansion comes out. Now I have had my eye on Vanguard: SOH for a long time and have decided that it will be my next main MMO. Thinking WOW: BC was coming out in November, I thought I had some time to get one of my guys to 70 and play around with the new content, but the expansion got moved to January, and that is around the same time Vanguard is coming out. In all honesty, I didn't want to level anymore in WoW anyways. So I was thinking to myself that if I wanted to sell my account, I better do it now before the expansion comes out because no one wants two level 60's when the max level is 70. I got to working my ways around the internet and found a guy, told him $250 and he says sure, now I am $250 richer.

And about exactly a year ago I sold my EverQuest account for $275, which I have sort of regretted but not really. icon_neutral.gif

But I decided I'm just going to buy Gears of War when it comes out. Then just keep the rest in the bank.
EQ 4 life
IPB Image

BlackCow

BlackCow
  • Members
  • 923 posts
  • xfire:blackcow237
  • Interests:Electronics and Programming
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ Oct 31 2006, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd save it. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you have to spend it

lol thats funny pp_smiley2.gif

So how did u make that money playing a videogame?
It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.
*cough* Joel Gardiner twitter post non-canadians *cough*

SIcNESS

SIcNESS
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • xfire:sicnesslt
  • Interests:Pwning @ fps, rts, tbs, mmo's &amp; shiet liek dat... Modding my rig... IT, sk8 sutimz &amp; stuff ;DD
Rofl... tbh.. i would say, that u should send me teh money & i would buy an ipod nano (i can't afford any mp3 player right now), but thats only my idea. If u feel, that u wanna gief this money 2 me, plz PM me... I need an mp3 fast (im a travel freak, so i need muSIC on the go)
Teh SIcNESS starts NOW!
IPB Image

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
If I had $250, id do this:

Oooh yeah... flyin' 'round in a boat with a hamster, turtle and a yellow bear.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (CrispyDuck411 @ Oct 30 2006, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Same Tired old Bel-Air joke.

*sigh
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ Nov 5 2006, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I had $250, id do this:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/Stomplebane/zzaza.jpg

Oooh yeah... flyin' 'round in a boat with a hamster, turtle and a yellow bear.

Wtf?

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

DoNotWant

DoNotWant
  • Banned
  • 43 posts
Beer + Hookers.

You could also substitute [beer] for [crack]. Or [hookers] with [cheap date]. All depending on your mood, rly.
Every once and a while, a legend is reborn.

m30wc0w

m30wc0w
  • Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • xfire:m30wc0w
  • Interests:FERRET
buy alcerhul
nd drugs!

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Rusty* @ Oct 31 2006, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, just to tell the whole story. I bought WoW a month after it came out, so sometime in December 2004. Played it off and on, got to 60 in a couple months and just messed around for a bit but then stopped for sometime. I have 4 friends who also play (about twice a month we would all do a LAN at someone's house) and we all leveled together and mostly raided and pvped with each other over a summer. Then we stopped for our Senior year of high school, but started again after graduation and we all decided to make rogues and level as fast as possible. I got to 60 in about a month, forget the playing time but I was also working 40 hours a week at Meijer over the summer. I wouldn't normally do this, but I was joking with my friend I could get it done by the end of the month and he said I couldn't, so I did it as a challenge to him and myself. Was actually sort of fun.

So in the end I had a 60 mage with several epics from MC, ONY and then the ones from Frostwolf. I also got my rogue exalted with frostwolf and got him all blue gear with several random epics.

But I stopped playing when I left for college and so did my friends, all deciding to play again when the expansion comes out. Now I have had my eye on Vanguard: SOH for a long time and have decided that it will be my next main MMO. Thinking WOW: BC was coming out in November, I thought I had some time to get one of my guys to 70 and play around with the new content, but the expansion got moved to January, and that is around the same time Vanguard is coming out. In all honesty, I didn't want to level anymore in WoW anyways. So I was thinking to myself that if I wanted to sell my account, I better do it now before the expansion comes out because no one wants two level 60's when the max level is 70. I got to working my ways around the internet and found a guy, told him $250 and he says sure, now I am $250 richer.

And about exactly a year ago I sold my EverQuest account for $275, which I have sort of regretted but not really. icon_neutral.gif

But I decided I'm just going to buy Gears of War when it comes out. Then just keep the rest in the bank.

cuz nobody would want the to only level 10 levels when you can level 70 levels right guys?
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

xBLiTZxKRiEGx

xBLiTZxKRiEGx
  • GA Private
  • 201 posts
  • Steam ID:<38290-04515-BK\\>
  • Xbox / GFWL:xBLiTZxKRiEGx