Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what is the best socket 478 processor?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

1337fusion

1337fusion
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:computers
What is the best socket 478 processor out there?

theblackmages

theblackmages
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
the dothan 780 but its like 650 and its fucking not worth it, if i were you i would get a socket 775 mobo with a conroe cpu or something, way more performance.

D-Shock

D-Shock
  • Members
  • 221 posts
  • xfire:electronpimp
  • Interests:Computers in general, chicks, music, movies (mainly comedy), socializing and thats pretty much it.
Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz, but yeah like theblackmages its not worth getting a Socket 478 CPU as it doesnt have support for newer hardware such as PCI-E grahics cards, DDR2 RAM and whatnot. So I would go with a socket 775.
IPB Image
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (theblackmages @ Oct 28 2006, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the dothan 780 but its like 650 and its fucking not worth it, if i were you i would get a socket 775 mobo with a conroe cpu or something, way more performance.

dothans are not 478. thats like saying AM2 is 940. although the pin count is the same, the socket is not

theblackmages

theblackmages
  • Members
  • 1,120 posts
QUOTE (DougHChrist @ Oct 28 2006, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dothans are not 478. thats like saying AM2 is 940. although the pin count is the same, the socket is not

yeah i do know they are 479 but for some reason newegg says its 478.... weird...... you can still get a ct-479 adapter for it, my friend has one but it was just a pain to do mounts for his water cooling icon_sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users