Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Self Defence

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
So next semester I will be going to a school in baltimore city to complete my degree. now anybody who knows anything about this city should realize my concern lol. Im especially paranoid of having to take the subway late at night, as my classes dont end until till ~9pm... so i'm seeking to procure some means of self protecton.

im looking for any suggestions you may have. preferably something legal.
whats your personal preferance?

Tel

Tel
  • Banned
  • 1,253 posts
  • xfire:teleoblivion
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage, Music, Photography, Photoshop,Gaming,Buttsecks?, Biking, Laughing at Emo Kids, Your mom jokes, Spikedhumor, Torrenting, These forums, etc.
Meet my friend Mr Pepper Spray.

Just watch the first episode of Jackass.

BTW, Its on Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sJmq98UM-yY

There it is. icon_smile.gif

Clarke

Clarke
  • Members
  • 1,113 posts
  • xfire:Clarke101
*kicks hackerwacker in the balls and runs away* see its easy

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
How about a stun gun? then you mod the stungun so the electricity goes through a metal rod. Then you have a lovely stun baton!

Teh_Smell

Teh_Smell
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Pawnator @ Oct 27 2006, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about a stun gun? then you mod the stungun so the electricity goes through a metal rod. Then you have a lovely stun baton!

or u could just buy a stun baton. i was lookin them up last year.. they went for about 60$
QUOTE(Boyces Mom)
How do I shot web?

Ted Maul

Ted Maul
  • Banned
  • 243 posts
Are the problems in this city not at least partially to do with suggestions such as those above?

cooked_chicken

cooked_chicken
  • Banned
  • 510 posts
just go around with a "don't fuck with me" face. mabey stuff your shirt make you look buff. i dunno.

Dude,wait what? All i heard was something about a light bulb in asshole with donkey shit all over it..--iceman-

Dgamer

Dgamer
  • Members
  • 676 posts
  • xfire:dgamer
put ur hat on crooked, make a silly face, and stumble everywhere. they'll think ur homeless/drunk and stay away from you.
"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction." - Douglas MacArthur

AT Jive

AT Jive
  • Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • xfire:atjive
ha the jackass video was pretty funny, the stun gun part looked the worst when he had to take it out...

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
Either look intimidating or learn karate or something like that. Of course remember that the best way to "win" in a fight is to avoid the fight entirely. Increase your running skills by grinding track fields. etc etc
What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
Kung foo ftw! (no pun intended...)

Dude.
yael.png

Haplo

Haplo
  • Members
  • 931 posts
  • xfire:haplo5
QUOTE (cooked_chicken @ Oct 27 2006, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just go around with a "don't fuck with me" face.

Other than that, i never leave my house without my switchy.
ST1DinOH is my hero

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
I'm sure Evol knows more about martial arts. 2 Forms of martial arts that are really pure about self defense are Judo and Jiu-Jitsu believe. Judo is much easier to learn IMO and still looks very intimidating. (grabbing someone who just tried to hit you and throwing him over your shoulder should certainly scare most bad guys away.)

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
Well, like I've said many times, I live in Houston, and not only Houston, but Greenspoint. This place is really really ghetto. I used to walk home after work at midnight, and I must admit, I would get a lil nervous passing by random crackhead number 4, seeing as how I was remembering how my buddy curtis was just robbed at knife point by some crackhead for 77 cents!

But listen dude. You have to just look tough. Ya know im serious. Its like those little signs people put in there front yard to scare off would-be intruders. Same concept. These criminals are looking for an easy target. Make it look like you aint going down without a fight, or something. Look people in the eye, and always watch your back.

just my rx

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (Pwnstar @ Oct 27 2006, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either look intimidating or learn karate or something like that. Of course remember that the best way to "win" in a fight is to avoid the fight entirely.

QFT

QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Oct 27 2006, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But listen dude. You have to just look tough. Ya know im serious. Its like those little signs people put in there front yard to scare off would-be intruders. Same concept. These criminals are looking for an easy target. Make it look like you aint going down without a fight, or something. Look people in the eye, and always watch your back.

It has always worked wonderfully for me...

You'll LOL but even your clothes have to look intimidating... in winter I use to go with a large black trenchcoat and military boots... ppl avoid to stare at me since I'm always looking every1 in the eyes

and when you are lost in a place you don't know, never look like you are lost... confused = bait

Pwnstar

Pwnstar

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING DRUNK!

• Retired Staff
  • 8,872 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:150
  • Company:Nu
QUOTE (arcade_freek @ Oct 28 2006, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT
It has always worked wonderfully for me...

You'll LOL but even your clothes have to look intimidating... in winter I use to go with a large black trenchcoat and military boots... ppl avoid to stare at me since I'm always looking every1 in the eyes

and when you are lost in a place you don't know, never look like you are lost... confused = bait

Man you don't need the clothes IMO your expression is good enough.

What came first, the spamming or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids reading thousands, literally thousands of posts about anime, 4chan, flaming, goatse and emos. Did I make terrible posts because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I made terrible posts?

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
Get a fold out baton. You can fuck people up with them, or just do a nice trip or hit.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

Corey

Corey
  • Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • Interests:Music, owning, women
Just carry a switchblade, or like others have said, make a great deal of effor to look menacing. Look directly into people's eyes with a grimace on your face, anyone who doesn't immediatley look away will know you're all fucking business, and they will stay away from you.
user posted image

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
QUOTE (Weiman @ Oct 27 2006, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure Evol knows more about martial arts. 2 Forms of martial arts that are really pure about self defense are Judo and Jiu-Jitsu believe. Judo is much easier to learn IMO and still looks very intimidating. (grabbing someone who just tried to hit you and throwing him over your shoulder should certainly scare most bad guys away.)

Jiu-Jitsu is functionally worthless. Way too much emphasis on trying to try intricate counters and hitting pressure points that you'll never really hit.

Judo's only really good (like most grapples) against a single opponent.

To be honest, if you want self defense, go for Maui Thai, Brazilian Jui-Jitsu, Thai Kickboxing, boxing, Shotokan Karate, etc. It doesn't really matter what it is as long as you're confident. Above all, don't be stupid. It's not worth it to fight some dude with a weapon.

Baltimore's not that bad. At least you're not in Detroit, Memphis, St. Louis, or DC.

Edit: Also, don't take these people's advice on staring into their eyes. That's more likely than anything to get you into a fight, as it's seen as issuing a challenge, and somebody will take you up on it. That tactic doesn't really work once you're out of school.
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (Corey @ Oct 27 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just carry a switchblade, or like others have said, make a great deal of effor to look menacing. Look directly into people's eyes with a grimace on your face, anyone who doesn't immediatley look away will know you're all fucking business, and they will stay away from you.

In other words: be grim and necro

LOL

pp_smiley2.gif

aw shit, that pic of mine is old... I'm letting my hair grow again BTW, nice find pwnstar, kudos to you icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users