Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RTS Video/VOD/Links!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
I think everyone is all video'd out from the midas/draco game lol.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • xfire:nemesiscf
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
ah. cool some1 found this vid again, tasteless is an uber commentator icon_razz.gif i got his myspace xD. but yeah, this game was awesome, anyone who advises against arbiters should rly watch this... i watched it on ggl the day the game was played but for some reason they took it down the next day o.O

nice to see some1 found it. i was betting on draco coming 2nd or 3rd this wcg, shame he faced iloveoov so early.. him and julyzerg were the only people to beat iloveoov in the entire wcg

LAN's attended: i31, Xleague.TV CNC3 Invitational, WCG UK 2007, ESWC UK 2007, The Gathering 2008, The SGL Summer Slam, ESWC UK 2008, LlamaLan 9, ESWC Grand Finals 2008, SparkLAN 5, LlamaLAN 10, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #1, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #2, ESL Pro Series UK Finals Season 2, SparkLAN 6, LlamaLAN 11, i38
LAN's attending:i39, Gadget Show Live 2010, LlamaLan 12

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
some nice vids, seen them all before tho ^_^.

LAN's attended: i31, Xleague.TV CNC3 Invitational, WCG UK 2007, ESWC UK 2007, The Gathering 2008, The SGL Summer Slam, ESWC UK 2008, LlamaLan 9, ESWC Grand Finals 2008, SparkLAN 5, LlamaLAN 10, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #1, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #2, ESL Pro Series UK Finals Season 2, SparkLAN 6, LlamaLAN 11, i38

Card5harko6

Card5harko6
  • Members
  • 230 posts
Yeah..I really think he had a chance at stealing third, although Midas did play very well.
"When I play rock/ paper/ scissors I always choose rock.
Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper...
I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say,
'Oh shit! I'm sorry, I thought paper would protect you.' Asshole."

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
eh, krn commentors are better cuz they know wat they are doing. this guy was all like making predictions, drag selecting, and side scrolling.

It was very sad that draco won that. I cant belive Midas lost.

the commentor didnt even show what happened to midas' attack on draco's main and natural expo. well midas still got bronze (strange 1st game between midas and pnzlegend for bronze, u have to watch and see wat happens). lol all the medals were won by koreans.

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XoDqHUeO0Qg
this is the 1st game between Midas[GM] and PnZlegend for Bronze at the WCG. Weird Ending.

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
ye i have seen them all before too. Except the Draco one.

anders_dog

anders_dog
  • Members
  • 743 posts
  • xfire:andersDog
QUOTE (freeze @ Oct 27 2006, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eh, krn commentors are better cuz they know wat they are doing. this guy was all like making predictions, drag selecting, and side scrolling

I guess, but as amusing as it is hearing hysterical screaming, laughter, chanting, and ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-$E@#$$REW%R#$RTETEWQRWQ-ing in Korean, it's kinda nice to be able to understand wtf they're talking about. Especially if you're a SC nub like me.
C'tri: i have seen an army of pink necrons sweep over the earth

Card5harko6

Card5harko6
  • Members
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (freeze @ Oct 26 2006, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eh, krn commentors are better cuz they know wat they are doing. this guy was all like making predictions, drag selecting, and side scrolling.

It was very sad that draco won that. I cant belive Midas lost.

the commentor didnt even show what happened to midas' attack on draco's main and natural expo. well midas still got bronze (strange 1st game between midas and pnzlegend for bronze, u have to watch and see wat happens). lol all the medals were won by koreans.

Umm....considering tasteless is EXTREMELY GOOD..Im not sure about your "they know what they are doing" comment...and before you jump to conclusions about him..why don't you go watch the other 20 vod's for wcg that he shoutcasted...=P

and....the commentators DON"T control what they see....at least not for wcg...there is an obs. And..It wasn't sad that draco won, He was pure genious at the beg. It was sad that it took him so long to win...after the first few minutes...he had that game in the bag. And..I really think one of the "foreigners" could have taken 3 but they were all knocked out by oov.

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
yea, i was about 2 say there is some1 else controling the camara normally..

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
QUOTE (Card5harko6 @ Oct 26 2006, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm....considering tasteless is EXTREMELY GOOD..Im not sure about your "they know what they are doing" comment...and before you jump to conclusions about him..why don't you go watch the other 20 vod's for wcg that he shoutcasted...=P

and....the commentators DON"T control what they see....at least not for wcg...there is an obs. And..It wasn't sad that draco won, He was pure genious at the beg. It was sad that it took him so long to win...after the first few minutes...he had that game in the bag. And..I really think one of the "foreigners" could have taken 3 but they were all knocked out by oov.

Eh, yeah I agree about Tasteless. He's an uber good commentator and knows his stuff. He has a lot of insight into positional strategy as well.

Draco played very good. I don't think it was "sad" that it took that long to win. Most pros go with the safe play and the safe play was in this case to double expand and secure the macro advantage after he had delayed midas's first expansion. He had the advantage the entire way. And tasteless noticed also that draco seemed to be "greedy" and was slightly over-expanding, when perhaps he should have boosted his unit count more. But it worked out as Draco's gameplan after the initial delay of midas's first expo was to secure enough resources to build carriers safely.

I dunno. Maybe he could have won 5-10 minutes after the initial death of midas's natural...but that would have been the riskier play. And if I were at WCG I'd probably go with the safer play for sure. Plus, it was a gameplan/style that essentially takes micromanagement out of the equation and makes the game a positional macro oriented game (fear the korean micro eh?)

Edited by Fritobag, 26 October 2006 - 09:15 PM.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.

Card5harko6

Card5harko6
  • Members
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Oct 26 2006, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, yeah I agree about Tasteless. He's an uber good commentator and knows his stuff. He has a lot of insight into positional strategy as well.

Draco played very good. I don't think it was "sad" that it took that long to win. Most pros go with the safe play and the safe play was in this case to double expand and secure the macro advantage after he had delayed midas's first expansion. He had the advantage the entire way. And tasteless noticed also that draco seemed to be "greedy" and was slightly over-expanding, when perhaps he should have boosted his unit count more. But it worked out as Draco's gameplan after the initial delay of midas's first expo was to secure enough resources to build carriers safely.

I dunno. Maybe he could have won 5-10 minutes after the initial death of midas's natural...but that would have been the riskier play. And if I were at WCG I'd probably go with the safer play for sure. Plus, it was a gameplan/style that essentially takes micromanagement out of the equation and makes the game a positional macro oriented game (fear the korean micro eh?)

I agree except...it seems to me that letting him go that long just kinda nulified his advantage. I just think that its better to act on any advantages that you might have.

Nuada

Nuada
  • Members
  • 320 posts
How is that weird? When LX leaves his base, he loses almost everything to mines. Midas would have attacked an won regardless...

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
well if that announcer wasn't the guy who was spazzing out with the side scrolling and trying to show his obv micro skills, than i guess i got no problem with wats-his-face.
And i said krn announcers knew what they were doing cuz they have much more experience. They announce regularly and much more than non-korean announcers.

And I dont know why u guys were getting all pissed cuz I said i wanted Midas to win instead of Draco.

and are u sure the announcer doesnt control the obv? cuz it really seems like it

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
The best part of WCG 2006 Italy is right after the final match between july and oov. Watch it to find out, i dont wanna ruin it for you guys. icon_smile.gif
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

FlashhBang

FlashhBang
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • xfire:flashhbang
  • Interests:RTS.<br /><br />Web design, programming, fantasy, N64, Sega Genesis, computers.
That was a fun watch.

"BGH noobs"

icon_razz.gif

Very gg.

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
Merged all of the video threads together. Post all RTS video related stuff in here! And links to replays from pgtour, wgtour, clanwars, cncreplays, etc!
-Fritobag

zoN-tehpro0-Kalfas

zoN-tehpro0-Kalfas
  • Members
  • 557 posts
  • xfire:tehpro0
  • Interests:SC n War3, kk?
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Oct 27 2006, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Merged all of the video threads together. Post all RTS video related stuff in here! And links to replays from pgtour, wgtour, clanwars, cncreplays, etc!
-Fritobag

gief sticky icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
Kalfas never dies, only the people who play him.
<3 PP
There is no Real life, only AFK and Online.

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHm_6Y01z-Q

That's like the only ZH one, Frito. Well, the only GOOD ZH one icon_razz.gif

Nuada

Nuada
  • Members
  • 320 posts
I didn't bother reading any of the VOD threads, etc... So if this is there, sorry icon_razz.gif

Yellow Chrome has every starcraft link you could ever ask for. Seeing multiple threads with links to different things is kinda pointless when someone has already compiled them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users