Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Thread

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Joechop

Joechop
  • Members
  • 735 posts
I generally like this gaming series.

My favorites would have to be VII,XI,X and IX icon_smile.gif

die_neo

die_neo
  • GA Corporal
  • 197 posts
  • xfire:killr0y
  • Gamer Army ID:344
Do you guys think that FF III for the DS will have multiplayer? And if so then what kind? Just duels or co-op?
IPB Image

IPB Image

Jaziek

Jaziek
  • Members
  • 652 posts
  • xfire:theflyingburgess
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (die_neo @ Oct 11 2006, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive played FF3 on the Fami Com and that was great, and now that its coming out on the DS revamped and even better! i cant wait! im like so excited you have no idea! i cant wait! and from what i hear its no let down!

FF3 is my favorite! but the main thing that attracts me to FF is the music, Nobuo Uematsu is a amazing and very talented composer that really sealed the deal with FF... but unfortuneatly he resigned awhile ago.... just get a copy to the CD of FF6 and you will be amazed at what he can do with such limited music making things....

1. By ff3 - is that the japanese ff3 (ff6) or the rest of the world ff3?

2. totally agree with you abt teh music... now i wanna go play ff6 more.... I could never finish it

^^ UNION FLAGGAN! DONT FUCKING MESS WITH THE UK! ^^

Dämmerung

Dämmerung
  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • xfire:daemmerung13
The series RULED until they started their devilish plot to destroy a godly series by making the tenth installment. It sucked nads, period.
So yeah; I love all the pre-PS2 ones. VII being my biggest favourite seconded by IX.

DarK

DarK
  • GA Corporal
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Meh...<br />Just add me on MSN and talk...<br />Nerf Hurler...
  • Xbox / GFWL:huh?
  • PSN:Where am I?
  • Wii:Friend code?
  • Gamer Army ID:500
Number 7 made such an impact on me I'm getting one angel wing tatooed on the right side of my back and "1" on my left shoulder...

Yeeeeeeeeeep...
It's gonna be pricey...

And because CT owns equally as much on my right shoulder I'm getting the CT symbol... The clock people... The epoch navigation...

That thing...
IPB Image

The Man

The Man
  • Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • xfire:menchions
  • Interests:RUSH
  • Xbox / GFWL:MunchBunchNL
  • PSN:Don't Have PS3
  • Wii:6421140839796455
  • Gamer Army ID:704
I have Final Fantasy I for the NES. Not the rom, the real thing. I got it for like 5 bucks.

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil
QUOTE (fruitsofherwomb @ Oct 11 2006, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cronotrigger and Valkrie Profile are better Square RPGs then this trash.

wasn't chrono trigger made by the people behind square anyway?
i heard it was like a joint effort between FF makers , dragon quest makers and somebody else ~ no doubt its gonna be a kickass game.

Im yet to finish final fantasy 9 , my disk 4 crashes on me when i enter the final dungeon thing icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif
ive also never really played the ones before 7 , maybe ill get a cheap copy sometime if i can be bothered.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
i really enjoy the final fantasy series and am actually playing thru ffVII at the mo havent got round to VIII but my favourite has got to be ffIX lol
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
They need to stop making these faggy main characters. Like WTF its always blonde pretty boys who cry and whine, I want them to be scarred veterans who kill people for fun and then sleep with the main heroin and never call them again.

Final Fantasy....... u r a fag

Loved final fantasy 9 btw, I could put up with Zidane cos I always knew bad ass Steiner and Vivi were about. They pwned.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
my first ff expeirence was with ffx so im gonna say dhat game pwns. icon_smile.gif
i've played iv on the gba and yeah the old school gameplay is cool.
ff tactics owns as well

fps god

fps god
  • Members
  • 2 posts
iv played all the ff games and i love them there the best!!!.

iv got the new one and it is different but it still fucking owns and i think it is made even better because it has vincent in it and cloud that makes it own even more.
so if any one got it tell me. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Meng @ Dec 10 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i heard it was like a joint effort between FF makers , dragon quest makers and somebody else ~ no doubt its gonna be a kickass game.

Im yet to finish final fantasy 9 , my disk 4 crashes on me when i enter the final dungeon thing icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif
ive also never really played the ones before 7 , maybe ill get a cheap copy sometime if i can be bothered.

if it keeps crashing on you go to somewere like granger games they will clean it up and get it working
and you have missed so much the other games rock so much you have to get them icon_eek.gif !!!!!

chaoscreater

chaoscreater
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I played a little bit of Final Fantasy 12 on PS2......I bought the japanese version for $5 lol but it wasn't as good as i thought.......the graphics is awesome, storyline is pretty good but game play, it was shit........it's basically an online game that is made for console, the battle system is active which means when u walk anywhere and u encounter an enemy, u don't go into battle mode where the game starts playing music and the screen turns black and changes into a battleground, u just fight the enemy straight in the game......but it sucks cuz it's like online games, u hit so slow and it gets repetitive and boring.......
Visit The Viper Files for downloads such as movies, games, music etc!

The Viper Files website

i_killed_kenny

i_killed_kenny
  • Members
  • 955 posts
  • xfire:uberazn
QUOTE (Meng @ Dec 10 2006, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Play. That. Game.

It fucking pwns!
It was a collaboration between Enix and Square-Soft before they joined. It was made with the "RPG dream team", the designers behind Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. It is a Kickass game. Get it now.
The best way to run a Mac is at 9.8 meters/second/second.

The Cake is a Lie!!! - Portal

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
lol the one thing I always get a laugh at is how people tout how revolutionary the storyline of Final Fantasy 7 was, when they clearly have not played Phantasy Star 2, The other funny thing is Phantasy Star had such a deep story and it predates the first final fantasy(in english anyways).

Don't get me wrong FF7 was a great game, but it's not as revolutionary as everyone seems to think.

rallykupo

rallykupo
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • xfire:rallykupo
  • Interests:Gaming, art, fun stuff!
The series has gone downhill since VI imo. VII and VIII were good, IX and X were complete trash, never bothered playing XI, XII is decent, but still nowhere near the SNES era games. The NES games still hold up pretty well, but IV,V, and VI are amazing beyond words. The only 2 games I'd say might be better than FF VI would be Star Ocean 2 and Chrono Trigger.

If you haven't anything before VII, you don't even deserve to label yourself as a Final Fantasy fan. I've found that its quite rare for someone who has played ALL the FF's to pick VII over VI.
IPB Image

JJC

JJC
  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Gaming... duh
IX gets no where near as much love as it deserves. By far the best in the series imo. I never got into VII and as such never got past the first disc. VIII was good, VI was better and V I loved for the job system more than the story. I also really liked X despite what other people thought. Aside from bad voice acting it had everything I could want in a FF (apart from being a remake of IX icon_wink.gif ).

Oh and whoever said that IX was good because Stiener and Vivi were badass really needs to replay it lol.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.

This is a DS that'll come out in a bundle package with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. Nothing has been confirmed of a US or European edition yet. I reckon it's good that FF is a franchise that is appreciated enough to warrant it's own special edition DS. Though it's nothing compared to the Zelda one, but still...

Source

carsoN`

carsoN`
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • Steam ID:carsoN`
  • Wii:0960758864133992
  • Gamer Army ID:2431
QUOTE (lolcrica90 @ Jun 22 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a DS that'll come out in a bundle package with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. Nothing has been confirmed of a US or European edition yet. I reckon it's good that FF is a franchise that is appreciated enough to warrant it's own special edition DS. Though it's nothing compared to the Zelda one, but still...

Source

omfg that's beautiful.

i would buy that if i didn't already have a pink ds. FUCK >.>
Brawl Code: 2707-1448-9905

Crossfire

Crossfire
  • Members
  • 20 posts
I've played through FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, and part of FFXII. It's an awesome series. Final Fantasy VII is probably my favorite game of all time, though. I'm playing through it again right now. 10 years after its release and it is still addictive and fun to play. Yes the FF series owns icon_biggrin.gif. I don't know about FFXIII though... PS3.. pp_smiley5.gif

drunknmunky

drunknmunky
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • xfire:drunknmunky25
  • Xbox / GFWL:krazymunky
  • Wii:4809155727511283
QUOTE (Crossfire @ Jul 26 2007, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've played through FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, and part of FFXII. It's an awesome series. Final Fantasy VII is probably my favorite game of all time, though. I'm playing through it again right now. 10 years after its release and it is still addictive and fun to play. Yes the FF series owns icon_biggrin.gif. I don't know about FFXIII though... PS3.. pp_smiley5.gif

Yup I agree, years on I find myself playing FFVII again and again, just never gets old that game. The Final Fantasy series is definately one of my favourites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users