Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Thread

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
QUOTE (i_killed_kenny @ Dec 19 2006, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Play. That. Game.

It fucking pwns!
It was a collaboration between Enix and Square-Soft before they joined. It was made with the "RPG dream team", the designers behind Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. It is a Kickass game. Get it now.

It didn't pwn it annihilated. over like 14 different ending, fast paced ATB system, multiple characters. This was a great RPG. Too bad I didn't finish it.

carsoN`

carsoN`
  • GA Private
  • 158 posts
  • Steam ID:carsoN`
  • Wii:0960758864133992
  • Gamer Army ID:2431
Ah final fantasy.. I never finished them, was too young to undertsand the concept >: D I played ff7, 8, 9, 10, 12, fft, and chronicle.

I <3 cloud rofl ff8 to me is shit except for the gunblades and ff9 were all tiny people and monkey main character?! wtf. I loved 10's ball game thingie cant remember the name and x-2 was just staring at hot chicks >_> I loved fft so i liked 12 but too much grinding and i hated the gamble system. Chronicle shit too but i'll try the wii for it =)
Brawl Code: 2707-1448-9905

travisa

travisa
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • xfire:travisa
If they make ultra sexy super awesome remakes of FF7, 8 and 9 and bring them out on PC then I'll die a happy man. Hell, I'll even settle for a straight port (as long as it's playable). I've never played the older FF games but after seeing the way some people talk about them I'll have to check them out for sure. Also, the FF games spawned one of the best animated films, Advent Children, IMO.

Roflmywaffle

Roflmywaffle
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • xfire:carbon83
  • Interests:I like toitles, I'm also a great zombie
  • Xbox / GFWL:P0lsk4
  • PSN:lolps3
  • Wii:a big number
being the HUGE HUGE HUGE final fantasy fan i am, ive literally beaten every one of the games atleast twice, except crystal chronicles because thats just teh ghey lol, and FF8 has to be one of my 2 favs.. i dunno why its so under-rated, most people hate it, but i think its one of the best... FF10 is the second one just because it was just a huge leap from FF9, graphics wise and gameplay wise, and it was just amazing lol i still play it over and over, and im playing ff8 right now icon_biggrin.gif

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
I used to play FF X non stop with my friends.. We would be up all night trying to finish it, then i moved accrost teh country and can only play during the summer when i visit icon_sad.gif

So now, i just downloaded an emulator and FF X ISO and im all good!

.. Now i can finally see how it ends.

Also,

I started playing X-2 with them as well, why is tidus like.. In prison or something.

Anyway, i would rather play this game now then World of Warcraft and source combined, so i am now a big Final Fantasy fan!!

79577008.png

veelos

veelos
  • GA Private
  • 69 posts
  • xfire:veelos
  • Interests:FPS
  • Gamer Army ID:4130
Top FF's in orded (IMO):

1. X
2. VII
3. VIII
4. VI
5. X-2

XII is crap (no offence to anyone, it's just my opinion. icon_smile.gif

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
My favorites are..

FF X
FF VIII
FF X-2FF VI

The first final fantasy game i ever had was FF VIII.. I loved it, but never finished it, i was 9 or 10 when it came out.. I still hardly understand the junction system.. And sequences like the part where u hijack the presidents train, and shoot matron completely lost me back then icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Finished it a few weeks ago.. Fuckin awesome game.

79577008.png

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
Is anyone else looking forward to the sequal of FFTA? I know I am. icon_smile.gif

Click here to check out some images.

They look great, but not much is known about any changes to the gameplay. Still same old, same old atm but don't know what's in store. I'll be one of the first to get this game when it comes out.

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming!!!
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Oct 11 2006, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd have to agree that the FF series went down hill. For me it went downhill when 11 became a pay2play online game. And I was dissappointed that square destroyed the legacy of never making a sequel to a specific game. They made FFX-2, which I have vowed to never buy.

But the classics are still great and the new stuff should be pretty good. They may just redeem the series for me.

I am goin to have to agrre that FF11 was a huge disapointment, cause I have no internet. pp_smiley10.gif But FFX-2 is worth it, in my opinion. But its your opinion. As for the other FF i have, 10 is great, and i was hooked on FF3 for the DS. Also FF12's battle system was a mistake. pp_smiley11.gif
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

sambam

sambam
  • GA Private
  • 36 posts
  • xfire:sambam6
  • Interests:games, obvz
  • Gamer Army ID:2799
hey guys,

yeah, final fantasy is probably my fav series of all time.

ive pwned all of them except III (not 6, the old one)
and im getting that around christmas time.
i know pretty much everything there is to know about the series, so if anyone has any questions they can ask me if they want.

favourites are 7, 8, 10.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
QUOTE (sambam @ Oct 27 2007, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
favourites are 7, 8, 10.

QFFT.

I played a bit of Final Fantasy X-2, but i just gave up because i really didn't like it.. I got a little past the part where you find a sphere or something that shows tidus in prision?!

Do you ever find out whats up with that? icon_sad.gif

79577008.png

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
I own all the FF's as of a few days ago now. I think FFIX is my favorite, although they all have their ups and downs.

IX is so underrated, all the goodness of the early FF's with better graphics, excellent animation and art style, great translation and characters FTW!

The only FF I can't bring myself to replay is VIII...why? Because the junction system is fucking Satan.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Oct 27 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own all the FF's as of a few days ago now. I think FFIX is my favorite, although they all have their ups and downs.

IX is so underrated, all the goodness of the early FF's with better graphics, excellent animation and art style, great translation and characters FTW!

The only FF I can't bring myself to replay is VIII...why? Because the junction system is fucking Satan.

I found it OK after finishing the game the first time.. Its a bitch, but you can figure it out with alot of practice LOL.

I loved FF8.. Still do, 8 and 10 are my favorites.

79577008.png

sambam

sambam
  • GA Private
  • 36 posts
  • xfire:sambam6
  • Interests:games, obvz
  • Gamer Army ID:2799
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Oct 28 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i know what you mean, IX was pretty awesome.
me and my best mate played through it in about 2 weeks.
battle system was nice and basic, like the old school ones.

VIII has gotta be my all time favourite, first one i played, the one that got me into the series.
i dont know why so many cant stand the junctions, i thought they were really customizable and gave alot of manouvrability to your characters once you get your head around it its not terribly complex.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
QUOTE (sambam @ Oct 28 2007, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VIII has gotta be my all time favourite, first one i played, the one that got me into the series.
i dont know why so many cant stand the junctions, i thought they were really customizable and gave alot of manouvrability to your characters once you get your head around it its not terribly complex.

Thank you, I thought I was the only other person who thought that!

79577008.png

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
Hey I came across this bunch of videos on another forum, and they tell the whole history of the Final Fantasy franchise. There's some pretty cool stories so check it out if you're interested.

Link

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
Im going to guess thats the final fantasy retrospective?

EDIT: I win.

Yeah, i really love those vids, ive watched them so many times.. Sitting down and watching from 1 to the end is awesome.

The music in them all makes me so happy/sad lol

79577008.png

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
Yeah they're pretty cool vids. I still haven't finished watching them all though.

Oceanizer

Oceanizer
  • Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (Nguman @ Jul 30 2007, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It didn't pwn it annihilated. over like 14 different ending, fast paced ATB system, multiple characters. This was a great RPG. Too bad I didn't finish it.

Yeah CT was incredible. Too bad there's prolly never gonna be another made.

My fav FF has to be six. Great characters, music and ending.

noob12325

noob12325
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming!!!
I really wish I could get the games prior to 10, but I wouldn't know where to look? Any ideas? pp_smiley7.gif
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users