Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Thread

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
Sup. Final Fantasy...so much to say. ATB system that revolutionized RPGS, the best storylines, coolest characters, and one of the, if not the, longest series to still be going. Final Fantasy XIII is being programmed and it looks like it's gonna kick a lot of ass. They're bringing back the gunblades from FF8 and making it futuristic from what I've read in the "Final Fantasy World" of tips and tricks.

And I'm not sure but from what I've heard squaresoft may be making an FF7 remake with new graphics, etc. What do you guys think about this? The first one is probably one of the best games of all time, had an awesome story line that pulled you in. I still remember the top floor of the shinra building and the bloody bodies left by sephiroth. Same goes for when you lose Aeris...and the part of the game where Cloud loses his memories is touching and makes you feel like you've lost your memories!

FF6/FF3 is a favorite of mine. Setzer was the coolest char ;/ And that game had so many different plotlines it was ridiculous.

Well, talk about how much Final Fantasy pwns!
-Fritobag
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

FlashhBang

FlashhBang
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • xfire:flashhbang
  • Interests:RTS.<br /><br />Web design, programming, fantasy, N64, Sega Genesis, computers.
Wow... I feel really forign posting in this thread, because, I've only played VIII.

And I only got to the big tree guy. He pwnt me good.

But regardless, FF is quite the fun game, it's just that the turn based combat didn't really appeal to me all that well...

Damn... Now I want to go try VII...

DannyJW

DannyJW
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Gameing
FF FTW
IPB Image
WoW is for people who play there games on easy mode

die_neo

die_neo
  • GA Corporal
  • 197 posts
  • xfire:killr0y
  • Gamer Army ID:344
Ive played FF3 on the Fami Com and that was great, and now that its coming out on the DS revamped and even better! i cant wait! im like so excited you have no idea! i cant wait! and from what i hear its no let down!

FF3 is my favorite! but the main thing that attracts me to FF is the music, Nobuo Uematsu is a amazing and very talented composer that really sealed the deal with FF... but unfortuneatly he resigned awhile ago.... just get a copy to the CD of FF6 and you will be amazed at what he can do with such limited music making things....
IPB Image

IPB Image

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
Over Rated

Cronotrigger and Valkrie Profile are better Square RPGs then this trash.

die_neo

die_neo
  • GA Corporal
  • 197 posts
I tend to disagree... but we all have our own oppinions...
IPB Image

IPB Image

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
Hehe Fruits.

Yeh, the ff6/3 music fuckin pwns. I like the music that goes along with Gau on the Veldt. Along with most of the other music, alot of which I still remember and can whistle lol.

Flashhhhhbbbbannggg! Go play FFVII and join the greatest FF phenomenon before we all murder you (yeh I stole that from south park).
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.

i_killed_kenny

i_killed_kenny
  • Members
  • 955 posts
  • xfire:uberazn
I've played all of the Final Fantasies, but I'm probably not going to get Twelve, and I'm definitly not going to get 13. HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAILER?! The combat system looks like real time. 13 is raping the legacy of FF more than X-2 did.
BTW, Gambit system sucks ass.
The best way to run a Mac is at 9.8 meters/second/second.

The Cake is a Lie!!! - Portal

die_neo

die_neo
  • GA Corporal
  • 197 posts
for the new FF it is real time sadly.... its been kinda going down hill... but i will never forget those days when FF III and FF VII ruled my mind! sadly they still do... i play all those games way too much... but really, in the end, FF music is amazing! taht is really what has always brought me back!
IPB Image

IPB Image

JJC

JJC
  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Gaming... duh
I never liked FFVII. Never have, never will. FFIX is where it's at. All that old school FF wrapped up in a shiny new package with the best characters and story to date in an FF. IMO of course icon_razz.gif

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
I'd have to agree that the FF series went down hill. For me it went downhill when 11 became a pay2play online game. And I was dissappointed that square destroyed the legacy of never making a sequel to a specific game. They made FFX-2, which I have vowed to never buy.

But the classics are still great and the new stuff should be pretty good. They may just redeem the series for me.

i_killed_kenny

i_killed_kenny
  • Members
  • 955 posts
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Oct 11 2006, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd have to agree that the FF series went down hill. For me it went downhill when 11 became a pay2play online game. And I was dissappointed that square destroyed the legacy of never making a sequel to a specific game. They made FFX-2, which I have vowed to never buy.

But the classics are still great and the new stuff should be pretty good. They may just redeem the series for me.

Not going to lose anything by buying X-2. I gouged my eyes out while playing that game, then bought cybernetic replacements, made by Square. They cost 1000 each. See?! X-2 is too expensive, as well as being a horrible game!
The new ones actually look pretty bad to me. Like 13. Real time= lose.

i_killed_kenny

i_killed_kenny
  • Members
  • 955 posts
QUOTE (Boycey-Ganglionz @ Oct 12 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope to god XIII is decent as XII looks like trash.

Have you seen the trailer for 13? If XII was raping the legacy, then XIII is raping it anally, then orally, murdering it, continuing to rape the corpse, eating it, crapping it out, pissing on the crap, then burning it. It looks like REAL TIME.

JJC

JJC
  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Gaming... duh
My gripes are as follows:

They need to bring back Yoshitaka Amano as character designer. XII actually looks interesting to me since it's a continuation of FF Tactics Advance's setting and FFX was a brilliant game imo. X-2 was, story-wise, lacking but the combat system was great and I was so happy to see a return of the Job system. The music sucked though. I hope that whoever takes over from Nobuo Uematsu in the next games sticks to the themes and styles that Uematsu made the Final Fantasy's classic for. In a perfect world Yasanuri Mitsuda would have taken over the music for him. But I heard that Masashi Hamauzu is working on XIII's soundtrack so thats a huge relief as I loved his work on X maybe even more than Uematsu's for it.

What I'm more upset about though is the milking of the FFVII franchise. A movie and leave it at that I say. None of this sequal/prequal/spin-off crap. It's too much. I just want the next Final Fantasy to be what I've come to expect from the series. And more Vivi. Please? icon_razz.gif

NewCamp

NewCamp
  • Members
  • 580 posts
  • xfire:newcamp
I must admit I never got into the FF series. I can't remember which one I started at, but I think I quit when I saw the gun-sword thingy. It looked so impractical to me. Plus I wasn't a fan of the combat that came up, where it went from good graphics to anime (not that there's anything wrong with anime graphics, it just looked inconsistant). Maybe they have changed that now, not sure.
"Lucky for you, I would have enjoyed polishing your mug..."
My most commonly used pseudonym is 'Adac'.

die_neo

die_neo
  • GA Corporal
  • 197 posts
Square needs to pull its head out of its ass and save this series... they are trying with FF III on the DS and they are bring FF to every game system. but honestly they need to bring back everyone that made it great, stop the real time crap. it was a great series and now they are just getting careless... its so sad...
IPB Image

IPB Image

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
after final fantasy 6 the series started going metro, FFVII was still good though, but worse than 6, then it dook a big decline with 8, then 9 was actually good, then 10 sucked, and 11 sucked, and 12 from the demo, looks like crap.

i_killed_kenny

i_killed_kenny
  • Members
  • 955 posts
OMG. You have the exact same brain pattern as me.

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
  • xfire:keithdchatt
  • Interests:Gaming, Weed, Movies, Friends, Parties, Girls, Alcohol, Hockey
  • Xbox / GFWL:keithdchatt
  • PSN:Want one!
  • Wii:Want one!
Been in love with Final Fantasies since I first touched FF8. Then I got 7, then 9, then 10, etc etc.

Never played any of the really old ones, but I just love FF. It is teh pwnage icon_biggrin.gif

die_neo

die_neo
  • GA Corporal
  • 197 posts
QUOTE (keithdchatt @ Oct 14 2006, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been in love with Final Fantasies since I first touched FF8. Then I got 7, then 9, then 10, etc etc.

Never played any of the really old ones, but I just love FF. It is teh pwnage icon_biggrin.gif

To bad the pwnage is ruining the series... Square lost their edge with FF by trying new things... now its all down hill... but they are reviving alot of the FF on all the systems, maybe they see what is happening..
IPB Image

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users