Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Music + HW?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Snagglepuss

Snagglepuss
  • Banned
  • 1,786 posts
  • xfire:iamamaterialgirl Posts: 23,292
  • Wii:5913099593754175
Tuffins, what JRock bands you listen to XD?
but a being of
| Human is nothing | What is Human? | Malice and Misery |

| Human is nothing | What is Human? | Malice and Misery |
but a being of

Grimsrud

Grimsrud
  • Banned
  • 274 posts
QUOTE (Hades` @ Oct 3 2006, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe when you're no longer notorious member of the board and no longer have an avatar of an old guy having a stroke, maybe then will people take you seriously.

Calm down, dear, it's a commercial.

I'm not sure a scene from a british car insurance advert is someone having a stroke, but whatever.

Also I'm not sure you are in any place to criticise ANYBODY on this forum, so kindly STFU and go look for your iPod.
IPB Image
IPB Image

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,573 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
QUOTE (Grimsrud @ Oct 3 2006, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure a scene from a british car insurance advert is someone having a stroke, but whatever.

Michael Winner ftw

The last hyena laughing, is the Lion's first kill.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Moving to Music.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,573 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
anyway yea.. if it's art or design related homework i'd generally listen to some of Tool's back catalogue and I seem to remember listening to Rammstein's 'Mutter' and 'Sennsucht' albums a lot when working on projects (as well as some generic but calm pop-bands like Bush, Idlewild etc)... other than that I tend to find a good internet radio rock (preferably not metal when revising)/alt/ambient station and listen to that.

If it's something other than design based homework.. I didn't listen to anything really.. but if I was it would be a tune that I was already overly familiar with - so that my brain wasn't having to take in the music as well as the information I would be studying/ writing.

The last hyena laughing, is the Lion's first kill.

Boateng

Boateng
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I remember there being a study where it said something like prog rock (e.g Yes) was best for doing work to. Can't remember where I read that but I love Yes and listened to them while doing work icon_smile.gif

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
Liquid Tension Experiment 1
IPB Image

Haplo

Haplo
  • Members
  • 931 posts
  • xfire:haplo5
cannot do hw without music. mostly rock when i'm studying, because it keeps my mind alert

other than that i like james taylor, kansas, stuff like that
ST1DinOH is my hero

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
I always listen to Power Metal while doing my homework. Takes me a bit more time, but it's the only way I can be motivated.
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

Eoa

Eoa
  • Members
  • 593 posts
I listen to the small amount of doom metal and ambience that I have.

Tuffins

Tuffins
  • Members
  • 876 posts
QUOTE (Hades` @ Oct 3 2006, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tuffins, what JRock bands you listen to XD?

Pretty much only Janne da Arc. My friends were listening to it, so I tuned in and just found that it was good for homework.

Hrugnir

Hrugnir

The Disciple

• Retired Staff
  • 5,277 posts
  • xfire:hrugnir
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Theology, Mythology, Eschathology, Philosophy, Psychology.
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:1887372691017334
  • Gamer Army ID:165
Summoning or Bal-Sagoth make for great background music while doing homework. Some of their songs work great in the foreground too, obviously, but yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users