Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Joby's 1.6 Help Thread!

* * * * - 12 votes

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

Joby

Joby

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • xfire:joby67
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
  • Steam ID:purepwnagejoby
  • Wii:0958641680091840
QUOTE (FoP @ Dec 4 2006, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was expecting a little more,i think u should give the commands to start demo recordings for the little nubes ><

record *whatever you want to name your demo*
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Oct 30 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brb not picking up any woman

A completely unbiased review...

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (FoP @ Dec 5 2006, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to stop just type stop in console ><

and 4:1 isnt so special,unless ur like nub and stuff

So liek, posting such flameage in a thread of help means ur gonna get a warning if you do it again n stuf rite?

Your post has been deleted FoP, cause it's crap, but if I see you posting junk like this again, you will be warned.

[EDIT1]
Btw, been watching the thread, and it is getting popular. If it reaches 8 pages, I'll consider sticky... but that don't mean spam the thread btw. icon_wink.gif

Edited by ThE_MarD, 06 December 2006 - 04:13 AM.

FoP

FoP
  • Members
  • 356 posts
  • xfire:fopwnyou
no i was begins serious

type ''start(space)whatever u want to nasme ur demo'' in console to start recording a demo

when u want to stop type ''stop'' in console

when you want to view the demo you have recorded type ''viewdemo(space)whatever u named ur demo''

Edited out last part of post. You have a problem with my descision, you take it up in PM. Read the forum rules.-ThE_MarD

Edited by ThE_MarD, 06 December 2006 - 01:51 PM.

IPB Image

Joby

Joby

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
  • Interests:Well a young man<br />He ain't got nothin' in the world these days<br />I said a young man<br />Ain't got nothin' in the world these days
Bump for great justice. Updated!!

FoP

FoP
  • Members
  • 356 posts
yay u added my scrims/clans stuff,<33333
IPB Image

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (Silint Ninjya @ Dec 22 2006, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Source's hitboxes threads are bigger, and recoil is easier to control. "

you lost right there...especially when you later prove that 1.6 has hellishly easy recoil to control complete with screenshots! (ps, in source, the hitboxes ARE the models...there are no TRUE hitboxes)

another thing, on nuke...a team would be INSANE to play a guy pushed up outside. he would likely play back in big garage.

Err... have you even tried the sv_showhitboxes thing???

Not a very good pic I know, but one of the only ones that was found on google images. icon_razz.gif

COD2 has polygon hit detection. The source engine definately doesn't. Same with the SOF2, polygon hit detection.

Anywho, post deleted. No making this thread CSS vs CS.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 22 2006, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,
Err... have you even tried the sv_showhitboxes thing???

[img]http://www.eifelzock...ss_hitboxes.jpg[ /img]

Not a very good pic I know, but one of the only ones that was found on google images. icon_razz.gif

COD2 has polygon hit detection. The source engine definately doesn't. Same with the SOF2, polygon hit detection.

Anywho, post deleted. No making this thread CSS vs CS.

Isn't that pic on a single player game, where you have no network lag? You'd need to adjust them for your ping, because in multiplayer, you lag icon_smile.gif.

Another game with horrid hit detection: BF2. Regularly, 1/5 of my shots register. When I mess with my usersettings.con file, 1/2 of my shots register if I get a good Interpolation/Extrapolation combination.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

frostassasin

frostassasin
  • Banned
  • 3,398 posts
  • xfire:frostassasin
  • Interests:Gaming. Yes that's it. I am one fucking boring person.
  • Xbox / GFWL:I wish :(
yes, the BF series has some horrible hit detection. Did you know that knife hits are supposed to kill on the first hit?!? Only it just registers 1/3 times so you end up doing 3 slashes and possibly more if there's a lot of lag. I knifed this guy 8 times, and he emptied his MG into me. I got hit once and he died on the 9th knife.

The CSS hitboxes thing is pretty bad. With some ratefixing and a good server, it will be fine. Interp should be changed depending on what the server's ping is, because if I remember correctly, interp helps lag compensation. Also don't forget to turn on lag compensation. LAN games need a different config from 50 ping servers, and 100/200 ping servers need some serious config changes to be playable.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Dec 22 2006, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that pic on a single player game, where you have no network lag? You'd need to adjust them for your ping, because in multiplayer, you lag icon_smile.gif.

Another game with horrid hit detection: BF2. Regularly, 1/5 of my shots register. When I mess with my usersettings.con file, 1/2 of my shots register if I get a good Interpolation/Extrapolation combination.

I know dude, I just wanted a pic to show an example that the hitboxes weren't poly hit detection.

QUOTE (frostassasin @ Dec 22 2006, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, the BF series has some horrible hit detection. Did you know that knife hits are supposed to kill on the first hit?!? Only it just registers 1/3 times so you end up doing 3 slashes and possibly more if there's a lot of lag. I knifed this guy 8 times, and he emptied his MG into me. I got hit once and he died on the 9th knife.

The CSS hitboxes thing is pretty bad. With some ratefixing and a good server, it will be fine. Interp should be changed depending on what the server's ping is, because if I remember correctly, interp helps lag compensation. Also don't forget to turn on lag compensation. LAN games need a different config from 50 ping servers, and 100/200 ping servers need some serious config changes to be playable.

well, the CSS hitboxes have come a long way from beta... but guys, let's not derail this thread. If ya wanna continue it I could split these posts into a diff topic. Just give me the word. icon_wink.gif

Now, Joby, I wanted to add a great little plugin that's great for practice with bots... headshot trainer by Pierre-Mary Baty. It disables damage to all hitboxes insept heads. Oh you guys, you thought I meant an aimbot didn't ya? bad bad. Infact, I've played on servers with headshot plugin, and it's hallarious fun with knifes only, cause you really gotta pwn their heads. icon_wink.gif

http://racc.bots-united.com/english/index.html

it's in his list of stuff. scroll about half ways down the page. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by ThE_MarD, 22 December 2006 - 02:39 PM.

FoP

FoP
  • Members
  • 356 posts
lol instead of talking abt polygons can we discuss about jobys additional stuff?,just reminding u guys ur off topic:P
IPB Image

Joby

Joby

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
Hitboxes, ah well. I never really got used to them, so I won't say anything.

Also, I added The_MarD's link and his helpful link. Headshot mods are an excellent way of practicing headshots. Good luck!

Spectre1989

Spectre1989
  • GA Private
  • 261 posts
  • xfire:spectremeister
  • Interests:Computer programming, music - listening/writing, Paganism, fire breathing + fire staff, gaming!
  • Gamer Army ID:825
Zomfg sticky this mofo! And yeah source has awful hitboxes, try running about with a mac10/tmp/p90 at head height on office, you'll see what I mean icon_biggrin.gif

-Spec
Pro-test, standing up for science, standing up for what's right
QUOTE(Frost Fang @ Dec 30 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post

Closed minds are dangerous, for they bring about closed fists. Just as there is hatred in those minds, there shall be swords in their hands.

Substance

Substance
  • Members
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:killin
Joby is an excellent sprayer at close range, however whenever he tries to pick them off from a distance, he always ends up missing his targets. What map should Joby practice on?

A. aim_ak-colt
B. fy_iceworld2k
C. as_oilrig
D. de_dust2 with Warcraft 3 Mods

If you picked A, you are correct. aim_ak-colt is a perfect map not only to help you practice your long distance shots, but to familiarize your recoil and skill with the colt or the ak.

Boyce is having trouble awping, should he play..

A. de_rats
B. fy_snow
C. awp_map
D. awp_map with warcraft 3 mods

this is one big joke, and every good cs player should know. Awp maps has nothing to do with ingame awping, in the game you need to drag fast, you need to know where to positionate yourself with awp, and you need to have reflexes, you get this by playing scrims, and NOT BY PLAYING AWP_MAPS.
As for the joby is an excellent sprayer at close range part - A good player is not just able to spray at close range, if your good at the game, then your good. A good mouse and other equipment plus some will help the player being able to hit at long distances, and again, aim_ak-colt just messes everything up. This is basic knowledge, and people who hang around on maps with the following prefixes cs_ aim_ fy_ and alike, should consider not to play the game anymore.
chillin fat ass blunts 24/7, yo

Joby

Joby

• Retired Staff
  • 6,538 posts
QUOTE (Substance @ Dec 23 2006, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is one big joke, and every good cs player should know. Awp maps has nothing to do with ingame awping, in the game you need to drag fast, you need to know where to positionate yourself with awp, and you need to have reflexes, you get this by playing scrims, and NOT BY PLAYING AWP_MAPS.
As for the joby is an excellent sprayer at close range part - A good player is not just able to spray at close range, if your good at the game, then your good. A good mouse and other equipment plus some will help the player being able to hit at long distances, and again, aim_ak-colt just messes everything up. This is basic knowledge, and people who hang around on maps with the following prefixes cs_ aim_ fy_ and alike, should consider not to play the game anymore.

it totally depends on the player.

FoP

FoP
  • Members
  • 356 posts
Joby 1

Substance 0
IPB Image

dubbs

dubbs
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,346 posts
  • Steam ID:dubbs332
  • PSN:JJAMUS
  • Gamer Army ID:621
Hey Joby, do you know anything about the mouse problem some people have in 1.6? I've tried a bunch of things, but none of them have fixed it...

bts.Silence

bts.Silence
  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • xfire:btssilence
QUOTE (Substance @ Dec 23 2006, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's completely based on a player's preferences and how they learn best. It's entirely feasible that playing maps centered around using the same weapon constantly can improve aim with said weapon. Just because you use the AK on a custom map doesn't make the recoil any different from the recoil on a stock map. Also, believe it or not, there are people who enjoy playing cs, aim, and fy maps more than the standard game. Many of these players are also not interested in competition, but only in having fun playing their game of choice. Also, by your logic, apparently anyone who enjoys doing something other than what the majority enjoys should stop doing it. That being the case, most members of this forum enjoy posting in a positive manner that helps other posters, and since you seem to only enjoy putting other people down, you should probably consider not posting any more.

FoP

FoP
  • Members
  • 356 posts
bts.silence 1

joby 1

substance 0
IPB Image

Substance

Substance
  • Members
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:killin
Sorry, i misunderstood. I thought this guide, since it was so comprehensive, was made for the more serious players. If you posted statement like i quoted before on sites like GotFrag, you would hardly find any decent CS:S player who would agree. I'm not saying that GotFrag is the only right thing, but for players who wants to reach something with their gaming, it certainly is.
chillin fat ass blunts 24/7, yo

ICE of FLAMES

ICE of FLAMES
  • Members
  • 758 posts
  • xfire:ice7of7flames
  • Interests:I enjoy gaming as most of the PPF community do. Counter Strike is the MAIN one atm, and if that is to change, this text will too. <br />I like driving, and have been doing it since the age of 9, when its your own land, its legal, dusnt mean its safe, lol. Motorbike riding is also a definate top one, never did anything to stupid, i just like the speed.<br /><br />I love making CS demos, i record, edit, everything. :D
  • Xbox / GFWL:Consol
  • PSN:Consol
  • Wii:Consol
Have been reading thread alot, very nice info, been helping me alot.
Im sorry to admit that i havent read the entire thing, i get side tracked every time i try, and the following suggestions are for if you havent added them already.

The meanings of single word calls- (Point, Peek, Pick, Clutch etc)
Fake Flash Stratergy (just a fav of myne)
Spamming (Mainly the thickness of walls relation to amount of damage given, and the different weapons that can be used to shoot through walls with)

Thankyou Joby for the Post, it pwnz hard, cant wait till it gets Sticky (I know itwill get there).

--ICE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users