Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PS2 Online.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LolRomantics

LolRomantics
  • Members
  • 81 posts
I have PS2 Online, it rocks, etc. My friend is trying to get it set up and is paying me to do it for him.

He has no router, just a broadband modem. Can he still go online? I tried the ethernet cable in my modem only, and it didn't work, but it worked on my router. I don't know how this networking stuff goes, but I'm pretty sure a router is just a modem with many ports allowing multiple devices to use ethernet at once.

Any hints? He's not willing to buy a router, so is it possible with just a modem?

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Interests:The obvious
QUOTE (LolRomantics @ Sep 28 2006, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have PS2 Online, it rocks, etc. My friend is trying to get it set up and is paying me to do it for him.

He has no router, just a broadband modem. Can he still go online? I tried the ethernet cable in my modem only, and it didn't work, but it worked on my router. I don't know how this networking stuff goes, but I'm pretty sure a router is just a modem with many ports allowing multiple devices to use ethernet at once.

Any hints? He's not willing to buy a router, so is it possible with just a modem?

...PS2 online....Anyway yes you need a router.
IPB Image

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
Didn't know people played this online still.

Nogert

Nogert
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,583 posts
  • xfire:Nogert
  • Interests:I like lots of stuff
  • Xbox / GFWL:Nogert
  • Wii:Can't rember :(
  • Gamer Army ID:1209
eerrrr, you don't need a router I used to play this PS2 on the first Socom and I never had a router back then, I just plugged the ethernet cable from my PS2 network adapter into the back of my modem, simple.

Silverslug

Silverslug

Best Console Contributor 2006

• GA Private
  • 5,961 posts
  • xfire:fruitsofherwomb
  • Xbox / GFWL:fruitsofherwomb
  • Gamer Army ID:118
Psh read this n00b
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/php...s_getonline.php
if you have a question about online with a console go to onlineconsoles.com, they have everything in the world for dreamcast, gamecube, and Playstation 2.

Gillz

Gillz
  • GA Private
  • 4,794 posts
  • Interests:Now we removed everything on your profile since ya wanna multi-account more. :P
  • Gamer Army ID:67
QUOTE (Nogert @ Sep 29 2006, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eerrrr, you don't need a router I used to play this PS2 on the first Socom and I never had a router back then, I just plugged the ethernet cable from my PS2 network adapter into the back of my modem, simple.

If he were to do that he wouldn't have internet access to his computer.

The router solves that problem, giving him both connections at the same time. A basic router can be found brand new for $25.

LolRomantics

LolRomantics
  • Members
  • 81 posts
This guy has no intention to buy a router... now that I think about it, he's one lazy guy. I bought him the network adaptor, cables, and I did installation for free... technically not for free, he gave me games for it (if you're curious, Onimusha 1, 2, 3, and Dawn of Dreams). We did it after connecting it straight from modem to PS2. Originally it didn't work, but we did some tampering (reseting modem a few times), and it ended up working. He is now probably playing Monster Hunter somewhere.

Quickbolt

Quickbolt
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I play ps2 online all the time, you can use a router if you want to connect both a computer and ps2 on to the internet. It is kind of difficult to use a cable modem to play ps2 online, i think you have to get a USB convertor where it would convert the USB to Ethernet. Its something like this http://industrialcomponent.com/gwctech/ae2201.html . Good luck.

Drunken_Hippo

Drunken_Hippo
  • Banned
  • 494 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, closer to PP than you, I know youre jelous like hell
  • Interests:masturbatin'<br />masturbatin'<br />more masturbatin'
Its easy. Just remove the ethernet cable from the PC and plug it into the PS2, run the setup and start playing.
IPB Image

RaiDer

RaiDer
  • Members
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Probably something to do with W33d.
QUOTE (Drunken_Hippo @ Oct 2 2006, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its easy. Just remove the ethernet cable from the PC and plug it into the PS2, run the setup and start playing.

Don't forget to switch the modem off before you plug the wire in, then back on once it's been inserted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users