Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone going to the London Games Festival?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

janey

janey

MotM June 2006 teh_snugglerer

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
  • xfire:janey83
  • Interests:photography, digital art (photoshops, painting/airbrushing), gaming, salsa dancing, cooking, chatting, programming, designing my game
I'm thinking of going...

Is anyone else?

www.londongamesfestival.co.uk

The week will feature a series of diverse events in different venues for different audiences. Whether you’re a gamer, a parent needing advice on games, someone working in the industry, or someone wanting to find out more about how games work and where the future of entertainment will take us, this is a festival for you.

Why are you scared of heights?
Many people are scared of heights.
It's not the height that bothers me. It's the impact that terrifies me.

Sir. David Of The Plains

Sir. David Of The Plains
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Favourite things include: Film, Art, literature, music, writing, gaming, philosophy, passion, self-belief, interesting people, intelligent conversation, comics, Neil Gaiman, Jhonen Vasquez, vitriolic ranting, fairgrounds, tacky coastal towns, cigarette holders, PVA glue, spray paint, creativity, laughing, sarcasm, irony, intelligent/creative use of language, kitsch things, strobe lights, milk, dreaming, stars, people, U.V. lights, neon, photography, fairy lights, Christmas trees, Vincent Price, Winter, silliness, Japanese things, new things, my ability to boil every "problem" down to the question "Does it really matter?", and quite happily say "Fuck it" when required, my ability see the world the same way I did when I was 8 years old, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Brian Eno, Editors, The Birthday Massacre, The Cure, Depeche Mode, VNV Nation, Goteki, Tori Amos, Lab4, Pulp, The Killers, old Manic Street Preachers, Classical, Jazz, Fischerspooner, Suede, Sneaky Bat Machine, Cats, Ninjas.
I'm considering it. I'm sure I posted a thread about this here a couple of days a go in fact.

*EDIT* In fact yeah, here we go. http://www.purepwnage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36144

Not that that matters, as there still seem to be only 2 of us. icon_smile.gif

janey

janey

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
  • Interests:photography, digital art (photoshops, painting/airbrushing), gaming, salsa dancing, cooking, chatting, programming, designing my game
QUOTE (Sir. David Of The Plains @ Sep 19 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm considering it. I'm sure I posted a thread about this here a couple of days a go in fact.

*EDIT* In fact yeah, here we go. http://www.purepwnage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36144

Not that that matters, as there still seem to be only 2 of us. icon_smile.gif

Oh sorry, I never check this section.

Which days you going on? and to which events?

Sir. David Of The Plains

Sir. David Of The Plains
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Favourite things include: Film, Art, literature, music, writing, gaming, philosophy, passion, self-belief, interesting people, intelligent conversation, comics, Neil Gaiman, Jhonen Vasquez, vitriolic ranting, fairgrounds, tacky coastal towns, cigarette holders, PVA glue, spray paint, creativity, laughing, sarcasm, irony, intelligent/creative use of language, kitsch things, strobe lights, milk, dreaming, stars, people, U.V. lights, neon, photography, fairy lights, Christmas trees, Vincent Price, Winter, silliness, Japanese things, new things, my ability to boil every &quot;problem&quot; down to the question &quot;Does it really matter?&quot;, and quite happily say &quot;Fuck it&quot; when required, my ability see the world the same way I did when I was 8 years old, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Brian Eno, Editors, The Birthday Massacre, The Cure, Depeche Mode, VNV Nation, Goteki, Tori Amos, Lab4, Pulp, The Killers, old Manic Street Preachers, Classical, Jazz, Fischerspooner, Suede, Sneaky Bat Machine, Cats, Ninjas.
QUOTE (janey @ Sep 19 2006, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh sorry, I never check this section.

Which days you going on? and to which events?

It's still a bit up in the air at the min. Living in Manchester, it's a bit of a trek, but I'm never averse to a bit of travel for a worthy cause. I'm going to look into it over the next week and see who I can round up and what I can sort out.

I quite fancy the World Series and the Lizard's lair, though I seem to remember there being more stuff on the IGN site.

*checks*

Yeah, I want to go to the Fringe Festival, the Sense Of Play symposium, and the Games/Film crossover thing at The BFI, as being a media type, I've always had strong opinions on the subject. And obviously I want to go to the Cinema Showdown, as I've been dreaming of playing games on a screen that big since I first picked up a joypad.

How about you?

janey

janey

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
I wouldnt mind going to the world series...but that means coming back for a second weekend as i have uni during the week. (I live in Stafford and its £30 return by train)

I'm mostly interested in the careers fair (for those interested in the gaming industry- its listed under the industry events).

Sir. David Of The Plains

Sir. David Of The Plains
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Favourite things include: Film, Art, literature, music, writing, gaming, philosophy, passion, self-belief, interesting people, intelligent conversation, comics, Neil Gaiman, Jhonen Vasquez, vitriolic ranting, fairgrounds, tacky coastal towns, cigarette holders, PVA glue, spray paint, creativity, laughing, sarcasm, irony, intelligent/creative use of language, kitsch things, strobe lights, milk, dreaming, stars, people, U.V. lights, neon, photography, fairy lights, Christmas trees, Vincent Price, Winter, silliness, Japanese things, new things, my ability to boil every &quot;problem&quot; down to the question &quot;Does it really matter?&quot;, and quite happily say &quot;Fuck it&quot; when required, my ability see the world the same way I did when I was 8 years old, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Brian Eno, Editors, The Birthday Massacre, The Cure, Depeche Mode, VNV Nation, Goteki, Tori Amos, Lab4, Pulp, The Killers, old Manic Street Preachers, Classical, Jazz, Fischerspooner, Suede, Sneaky Bat Machine, Cats, Ninjas.
QUOTE (janey @ Sep 19 2006, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm mostly interested in the careers fair (for those interested in the gaming industry- its listed under the industry events).

Yeah, that sounds really good too.

I've got the same problem as you though. Uber-cost to get down there and back, plus hotels on top of that mean it's going to be a tricky one to organise.

I really hope I can pull it off though. It'll be like London turning into the best theme park ever.

janey

janey

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
The careers fair is only on the Tues and Wed, and the World Series, etc is on the following weekend...

dvide

dvide
  • Members
  • 652 posts
QUOTE (janey @ Sep 19 2006, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldnt mind going to the world series...but that means coming back for a second weekend as i have uni during the week. (I live in Stafford and its £30 return by train)

Staffordshire uni by any chance? I'm there doing comp games prog
Fancy going for wsvg but depends on mates aswell tbh icon_smile.gif not going on my own

janey

janey

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
QUOTE (dvide @ Sep 20 2006, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Staffordshire uni by any chance? I'm there doing comp games prog
Fancy going for wsvg but depends on mates aswell tbh icon_smile.gif not going on my own

Yep! Staffordshire uni!

Seriously considering going now icon_wink.gif

dvide

dvide
  • Members
  • 652 posts
QUOTE (janey @ Sep 21 2006, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep! Staffordshire uni!

Seriously considering going now icon_wink.gif

Let me know if you're looking for some company on the train then icon_smile.gif I'd be up for that as it's quite a convienient coincidence really. Just enrolled for second year yesterday. What year you in?

janey

janey

• CCA
  • 1,732 posts
QUOTE (dvide @ Sep 21 2006, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me know if you're looking for some company on the train then icon_smile.gif I'd be up for that as it's quite a convienient coincidence really. Just enrolled for second year yesterday. What year you in?

True!

I'm a final year student this year - just completed a 15month placement in Germany (which pwned)!

Will have to see if I can afford yet another weekend away now... icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users