Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

fraps

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

5tr3tchy

5tr3tchy
  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • xfire:5tretchy
hi when i use fraps to record in the top corner the number is about 50 ?? but when i press record i goes straight down to 5 and it goes really laggy y is this how do i make it run smooth thx ??? icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif
Pimp this bitch!

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
noob.... It depends on allot of things. Video settigns on the game, speed of HDD transfer, speed of system. Tell me what game it is, I'll find the console commands for demo recording. You will always get a low FPS with fraps, unless your system is phenomenal. Recording via in game demo will take it allot faster, due to the codeing.

And when you post, use some type of grammar, use some form of intelligence.
IPB Image

5tr3tchy

5tr3tchy
  • Members
  • 822 posts
The game in CS:CZ icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif thx m8 icon_lol.gif I do use the CS:CZ recorder in the consle the comand is
record " " 1 but it is still lagy when i do that ??
Pimp this bitch!

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • xfire:101headshotcruiser
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
command is "record name" where name is the name of the demo, and play demo to replay it.

no quotes.

BTW: if you're only getting 50 fps in cs:cz you cant expect fraps to work decent lol
Core2Duo e6400@3.2GHZ, 42C | GigaByte DS3 Rev2 @1.6FSB. | 2GB Gskill DDR2-800
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120
Servage.net</a> (Available worldwide. Huge usage limits.)

5tr3tchy

5tr3tchy
  • Members
  • 822 posts
QUOTE (stabhappy @ Sep 1 2006, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
command is "record name" where name is the name of the demo, and play demo to replay it.

i know how to do that i wanted to know how to make it go up from 5 ? icon_surprised.gif icon_surprised.gif
Pimp this bitch!

1337cshacker

1337cshacker
  • Banned
  • 4,073 posts
  • Interests:building computers, massive gaming, 3D modeling, repairing, stability troubleshoot. If you have questions about anything dealing with systems/PC's pm me, i'll help best i can.
We just told you. If your getting 50 fps in cs:cz, your not going to get a good record rate, at all. get a better vid card. I can record at 40fps with a x800 xl with fraps, 60 with command. refer to my card tut.
IPB Image

.Lasse

.Lasse
  • Banned
  • 815 posts
  • xfire:ranu
  • Interests:Graphic's and Design
You don't need to call the guy a noob just because he is doing something wrong icon_smile.gif

Listen up, configure your record settings and make the video record on 25 FPS or make it what ever you want in the last option. Also try to make the movies record in half-size. icon_smile.gif

Hope i could help.
IPB Image

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Computing<br />Gaming<br />Music/Guitar<br /><br />http://myspace.com/maffuwilliams
Well you can't expect to run fraps at the same frames as you play normally, as your system is under stress.

he's noob at fraps
2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda | 7600GT | OCZ GameXStream 600W 72A psu | Antec 900 | Tuniq Tower 120

frostassasin

frostassasin
  • Banned
  • 3,398 posts
  • xfire:frostassasin
  • Interests:Gaming. Yes that's it. I am one fucking boring person.
  • Xbox / GFWL:I wish :(
what are his specs?

Weegee_101

Weegee_101
  • GA Private
  • 1,644 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Unix.
  • Gamer Army ID:816
  • Company:India
This is why the hardware section sucks now. You ask a simple question and get called a noob by a bunch of assholes.

To build further on what .Lasse said, the only guy who's posted and not acted like a both a prick and actually been helpful, you can run fraps with a framerate of 50. First, lower your own video settings down to about 800x600. Second, turn off any antialiasing and ansiotropic filtering. Third, in Fraps, set your recording size to Half-Size and 25 fps like .Lasse said, and then uncheck Record Sound. Dub over your video with some music or something.

The big deal is the AA and AF. With those on Fraps tends to suck even more of your framerate than usual. If you've already got them off, set your video resolution to its lowest setting (usually 640x480) and that should help too.

I hope this helps.

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
  • xfire:borgleader
  • Xbox / GFWL:borg leader 03
QUOTE (Weegee_101 @ Sep 1 2006, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is why the hardware section sucks now. You ask a simple question and get called a noob by a bunch of assholes.

I guess it may be due to the fact that, a lot (not the OP in this case or at least not for this thread as not may have been done on fraps to my knowledge) but a lot of people dont even take the time to search the forums or even google before making threads which y'know clutters the forum for nothing and is annoying for those out there who inevitably end up answering to the question twice. What I mean is, it's nice to answer to people and help them out, but you'd at least expect them to do a little work on there part, y'know?

And theres the fact that some people also massacre the english language in their posts and it's annoying to have to "decode" what they wrote.

anyway yeah, fraps will slow you down a lot and like lasse said try putting the recording settings to a lower number of FPS or even to half size. but then again dont expect to play normally with that one or even console recording.

By lil hades 87

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
QUOTE (Weegee_101 @ Sep 1 2006, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

K

your forgetting the simple fact that this guy could have saved his and our time by using google. google was made to make things easier to find, i don't understand why people can't fucking use it.

if you just bought a new graphic card and couldn't diagnose a problem with your system (say... a certain game messing up but none of the others) would you google or post here? exactly.

Weegee_101

Weegee_101
  • GA Private
  • 1,644 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Unix.
  • Gamer Army ID:816
  • Company:India
QUOTE (stabhappy @ Sep 1 2006, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K

your forgetting the simple fact that this guy could have saved his and our time by using google. google was made to make things easier to find, i don't understand why people can't fucking use it.

if you just bought a new graphic card and couldn't diagnose a problem with your system (say... a certain game messing up but none of the others) would you google or post here? exactly.

It doesn't matter. It still doesn't warrant you calling someone a noob.

A lot of people don't know where to ask, especially younger people, and I will guarantee 90% of the people who don't follow the rules don't know where to look or ask. The arrogant attitude of the H&S forum is at an all time high, and I know there are those among us who absolutely hate it.

There are people out there who don't know where to go, we can either gently nudge them in the right direction or help them figure out their problem, thats what this forum is here for.

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
QUOTE (Weegee_101 @ Sep 1 2006, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter. It still doesn't warrant you calling someone a noob.

A lot of people don't know where to ask, especially younger people, and I will guarantee 90% of the people who don't follow the rules don't know where to look or ask. The arrogant attitude of the H&S forum is at an all time high, and I know there are those among us who absolutely hate it.

There are people out there who don't know where to go, we can either gently nudge them in the right direction or help them figure out their problem, thats what this forum is here for.

I'm doing both. As is 1337, we've both contributed to the thread and told the OP where to look for future info.

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
QUOTE (Weegee_101 @ Sep 1 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offense but there is a really nice thread up there called .How to ask a Hardware question" which in most cases isnt used and should be.

I do agree that it doesn't give us (I say us because I somtimes, rarely but sometimes, have the knowledge to answer) the right to calle them n00bs from the start. That is true. But we aint perfect either. I guess we all could try and be a little nicer, but some people should try a little harder to find the answers on their own before coming here. Like stab said google is extremely easy to use and so is the PP Forums search engine.

EDIT : Like I said earlier, the OP of this thread may not have found his answer on google as FRAPS highly depends on your specs, but I was talking about other threads.

By lil hades 87

frostassasin

frostassasin
  • Banned
  • 3,398 posts
  • xfire:frostassasin
  • Interests:Gaming. Yes that's it. I am one fucking boring person.
  • Xbox / GFWL:I wish :(
Google didn't answer his problem.
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

The only thing I don't like about this thread is that he gives no information whatsoever about his rig. People really need to read stickies at least or do some google searching before making new threads.
It's just guys I need help this is my problem, no more info bye.

borgleader

borgleader
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
QUOTE (frostassasin @ Sep 1 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Google didn't answer his problem.
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

The only thing I don't like about this thread is that he gives no information whatsoever about his rig. People really need to read stickies at least or do some google searching before making new threads.
It's just guys I need help this is my problem, no more info bye.

Well simply because like 1337 said unless you have a ZOMFGBBQ awesome computer you cant really run a game & FRAPS smoothly...and hmmm
http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=274334

as much as it doesnt answer his questions it actually explains why his FPS goes from 50 to 5.

By lil hades 87

stabhappy

stabhappy
  • Banned
  • 5,345 posts
the info that his pc ran his cs:cz@ 50fps was info enough for us, he's prbaboly running some intergrated sollution

.Lasse

.Lasse
  • Banned
  • 815 posts
  • xfire:ranu
  • Interests:Graphic's and Design
Please do make a big thing out of this. I came to this section because it was friendly and non-spamming. Don't ruin it =)

On a side note: The first thing a member does when he starts posting on a forum is not to search for his questions. The "clogging up our database" is just a bunch of BS. It's just text and it takes less space then 1/10 of the index page. Anyway, if you don't want to answer his question then don't reply, the people who actually want's to help are not always happy to read other people's whine about how the topic creator sucks and how he so obviously should have used search. He's new. How could he know that issue has been discussed in a recent topic? WE are the only people actually knowing this in the thread and it's not helping him at all is it now?

Ofc he could have just googled it, but Google does not always give a stable answer and he relied on our help to give him this. This is what we do, if you don't want to do it then don't. We are not forcing you in any way.

Thanks.

~.Lasse
IPB Image

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Alright, let's settle this and get back ontopic.

1337 and stabhappy, I agree with you guys on the fact that this guy is a n00b. He didn't read the stickies and knowledge of fraps is somewhat basic. The thing is though there isn't much about he can do about except ask questions. He did that here and you called him a n00b? That's kind of double since it doesn't help him at all and he's looking for help, or de-n00bification if you want to put it that way.

Google seems like the obvious answer, but you really need to know what you're looking for to find an answer, at that's what I concluded when I tried it.

In short, don't call people n00bs. You're not contributing anything to the thread or the section and it can only lead up to bad stuff. I hope you guys would think of that before you post.

Not locking in case anyone has any questions.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users