Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

damn u CoD 2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
  • xfire:FreezerFlame
  • Interests:StarCraft<br />Game Design<br />Video Editing
  • Steam ID:Nettown8
  • PSN:FrEeZing
man i rlly cant get the hang of CoD 2's multiplayer. I AM CONFUSED icon_eek.gif . MY average lifespan must be like 4 secs. I've been playing the game only like "3 days" bout know but still I have been doing horrible. It's like if i stick my head out of cover a rifle guy will pick me off from where ever, when ever.

and typically i found myself getting killed in like 2 shots with like these smg's taht say they have low dmg. BUt when i am shooting someone, tHEY TAKE LIKE FUCKING 10 shots b4 they go down. and I know I'm not missing cuz i got that hit indicator thing showing up.

whenever i find a target, someone else finds me so b4 i get a kill i get pwned by that guy with the grand from that place i wasnt even looking at.

I need some tips, can plz dont say "just play more" that rly doesnt help

Contra_tehpwner

Contra_tehpwner
  • Banned
  • 486 posts
  • xfire:0contra0
QUOTE (freeze @ Jul 12 2006, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man i rlly cant get the hang of CoD 2's multiplayer. I AM CONFUSED icon_eek.gif . MY average lifespan must be like 4 secs. I've been playing the game only like "3 days" bout know but still I have been doing horrible. It's like if i stick my head out of cover a rifle guy will pick me off from where ever, when ever.

and typically i found myself getting killed in like 2 shots with like these smg's taht say they have low dmg. BUt when i am shooting someone, tHEY TAKE LIKE FUCKING 10 shots b4 they go down. and I know I'm not missing cuz i got that hit indicator thing showing up.

whenever i find a target, someone else finds me so b4 i get a kill i get pwned by that guy with the grand from that place i wasnt even looking at.

practice on single player, find your best weapon. practice with aiming while strafing. movement is very important. if you find your self getting ambushed and need to run, you need to how to time your jumps exactly so you don't attempt to jump out a window, miss, and get a get a .50 in the back of your head.

personally my best weapon is the springfield. if you can train yourself to be able to match your shots with your scope shake your as deadly as anybody, the bullet always hits were the crosshair is pointing, so unlike games like counter strike, the rifle is just as accurate as it is when your standing in place as it is when your moving, you just have to match it with your scope shake.

another important thing is your weapon selection. usually i go for a sniper and sub machine gun. you can use the sniper for long range and medium targets, and the sub machine gun for close quarters and medium targets. the shotgun imo isn't the best secondary wep to a sniper because the first shot doesn't always kill them, even at close range, and by the time you let off the first round and begin to pump, they will have you on the ground screaming in pain.

Kaboomerang

Kaboomerang
  • GA Private
  • 1,297 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Jojomon
  • Wii:7940157492682465
  • Gamer Army ID:105
i think you should just keep playing you will get better each day just like me i sucked when i started playing

but what really helped me was single played play it on hard cuz thats how you get skill
(well thats who i get skill) icon_razz.gif
Look Ma I Can Write My Name In The Snow!

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
i found to that at least 1/2 the ppl in servers have a sniper, now in the CoD universe is taht not frowned upon?

freeze

freeze
  • Members
  • 2,695 posts
wow i just found out u dont need to use the iron side unless they're a mile a way. and taht rushing to a sniper (cs style) does not work at all. now i'm not doing so bad. and uh if anyone is still reading this, when i shott a carbine or grand sometimes the bulelts dont come out consistently when i repeatededly tapp the mouse, is this my fps lagging it up or a game play thing

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Interests:The obvious
QUOTE (freeze @ Jul 12 2006, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love COD2's Multiplayer.

Welll heres what I do:

Always look around
Always keep on the move unless sniper
Always be on your toes
Always go behind cover

Never be out in the open for to long.
Never run and shoot
Never not scope in when they are on the other side of the map
IPB Image

elliotter

elliotter
  • Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • xfire:elliotter
  • Interests:Guitar, gaming, music, and friends
Just go and keep playing, the more familiar you are with the maps the better you will become.

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
go German/British/Russian and practice with BOLTS. If you master a bolt, the rest will follow easy. If you want to noob it up with an easy weapon, rush in multiplayer with the Thompson.

Unlike other games, a headshot isn't as potent. Chest shots, leg/foot shots are incredibly effective. So if you see something moving and you have a repeating weapon, get prone and unload.

TheHumannBee

TheHumannBee
  • Banned
  • 790 posts
  • xfire:tehhumannbee
3 days, suck it up and keep playing most people can't get good at a game in 3 days.

Yeah, bolt action or if you have to be American I use either the garand, carbine, or springfield.

Use the radar to see where the enemy is, shoot and lie down while you reload with a bolt action and shoot again, hop, and don't go out into the open too much.
IPB Image

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
I usually play the realism mod: cooked nades, realistic gravity and strengthening of all weapon damage. It's more realistic and, IMO, more fun.

Squatchface

Squatchface
  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Games an' stuf
  • Xbox / GFWL:Squatchface
I too am bothered by those n00by snipers. Use a support fire gun (BAR/Bren LMG) they have rapid fire and when looking down the scope they zoom in as wel as an ordinary rifle. Also, i played the 1 player mode for awhile and boosted my skillz by beating the game on veteran. If u are no good with the support gunner weps, use a weapon with a smoke grenade and wait for a sniper to fire, throw the smoke and rush him. By the way, German support gun (to quote Jeremy) sucks mah ballz. My last resort is using a snipe myself if i am getting pwned. brian.png

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
I think i am a natural to CoD2, got it 3 hours ago, played 4 maps, came in top 5 all the time with K/D ratio of 3:1, one map i was first place with a massive 39:18. I was so proud, i think it may be begginers luck, i have NEVER played CoD 1 or CoD 2 before til 3 hours ago. I loved it.

BlackCow

BlackCow
  • Members
  • 923 posts
  • xfire:blackcow237
  • Interests:Electronics and Programming
I am realy disapointed with CoD 2. IMO they screwed up horrbly with the multiplayer, there is no team work, everyone snipes, it plays to much like a concle game (crapy) CoD United Offensive with realism mod was the best. There was actualy some team work to it. To bad I lost the CD. Im thinking about selling CoD2 and buying DoD:s for 20 bucks, cheaper and a better more team oriented game.
It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.
*cough* Joel Gardiner twitter post non-canadians *cough*

Mis_Led_Madman

Mis_Led_Madman
  • Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • xfire:palinko
  • Interests:The obvious
To me this was an easy game to get into suprisingly. Same thing with me Ganonheart, I got 51-27 after playing for a total of 4 hours.
IPB Image

Pawnator

Pawnator
  • Members
  • 5,495 posts
No vehicles or deployable machine guns like UO, it is sort of sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users