Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Am i missing something here?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
  • xfire:TwiZtiDJuggal0
  • Interests:watching you get clowned
sc owns all RTS due to the fact, there creators STILL care about the game and still put out patches even if it is to fix a small thing and its balanced, and graphics mean SHIT all ina rts, ur a straight fucking n00b if you hate starcraft cuz of its res and graphics

so go play your lil baby zero hour and the other few rts games with less than 100 people online at all times and cry sum more
IPB Image

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (T w i Z t i D @ Jul 9 2006, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sc owns all RTS due to the fact, there creators STILL care about the game and still put out patches even if it is to fix a small thing and its balanced, and graphics mean SHIT all ina rts, ur a straight fucking n00b if you hate starcraft cuz of its res and graphics
so go play your lil baby zero hour and the other few rts games with less than 100 people online at all times and cry sum more

Another well argued and structured post by the one known as Twisted.
Wait this isnt a WOW thread........

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
want structured

1. Balanced

2. Not half assed like all the others RTS

/structure
IPB Image

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
Now I want it argued damn it! Support your claims (lol).

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
i did, patches! even if it is little, they still fix shit, unlike CnC games, and dont go blaming this on EA
IPB Image

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
I hate EA. Not for that CnC patch thing, but because of all those films made into crappy games, all of which suck. And for killing the James Bond series (everything after Goldeneye sucked).

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
listen, I don't care what people play and what people like... But can you guys please stop calling sc "teh bestest game eva!"
Starcraft is one of the most, if not the most balanced rts to this date, but it doesn't make it the best game...
And what so if a million koreans are adicted to sc? They have no life, to bad for them... sc adicted people don't make a good argument for Starcraft being the best game, it's like asking a bunch of drugies if dope is good for you...

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Jul 9 2006, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG!! a internet site says it's the best!! Must. believe. it... the intenet. is .always... right...

seriously dude, you don't have a mind of your own?

Most of the arguments for starcraft I see in this tread are jsut more advanced version of: "ZOMG!! Starcraft is the best!!! and I'm not a fanboi!!!"

lol you idiot, did u even read what i quoted? i only posted websites because of this

QUOTE (hackerwacker @ Jul 8 2006, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here, let me help you to make the argument fair:
-You could try talking about how B.Net revolutionized online gaming.
-Wikipedia + Google are very useful for checking facts before you post. It keeps you from looking like an idiot.

you see? he wanted me to use google so i did! wow!

QUOTE (Master C @ Jul 9 2006, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another well argued and structured post by the one known as Twisted.
Wait this isnt a WOW thread........

another well argued post from Master C. You managed to spell Twiztid's name wrong while trying to insult him. AND your name is Master C. the name says it all, case closed
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
wanna make a rgument why its not the best RTS? and if you mention graphics and res, ill choke your long ass neck! pp_smiley3.gif
IPB Image

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts
I think they said it isn't the best becuase;

1) The people that play it find it fun to keep doing so, and not find other games.

2) Since it's so popular in S.Korea, they are obviously people with no lives.

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
there is no such thing as the best game... there are, how ever, a thing called "best game in my opinion"
opinions and facts are 2 different things, and that's what I've been trying to say trough the whole damned tread... sc players think that their opinions are facts... but guess what, it's not! It's your opinion!

T w i Z t i D

T w i Z t i D
  • Banned
  • 5,157 posts
it is the most balanced RTS, i guareentee it, i know its a fact, lol, has to be
IPB Image

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
Yes, that's probably a fact, I even said it myself, but there is still no such thing as "the best game"
oh, and one thing: I like unbalanced games, makes it more challenging...

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Jul 9 2006, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is no such thing as the best game... there are, how ever, a thing called "best game in my opinion"
opinions and facts are 2 different things, and that's what I've been trying to say trough the whole damned tread... sc players think that their opinions are facts... but guess what, it's not! It's your opinion!

fact - starcraft has the most balanced races
fact - starcraft has the largest fanbase
fact - starcraft is often regarded as the best rts game ever
fact - starcraft is often used as a benchmark for other rts games
fact - starcraft is the perfect example of gameplay>graphics
fact - blizzard still care about starcraft. last patch was released this year
fact - any argument made against starcraft so far hasnt been aimed at the game itself, but rather the people who play it

opinion - those who dont like starcraft are generally arrogant, or arent good at the game and cant be bothered learning
opinion - starcraft is the best rts ever
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Jul 9 2006, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol you idiot, did u even read what i quoted? i only posted websites because of this
you see? he wanted me to use google so i did! wow!
another well argued post from Master C. You managed to spell Twiztid's name wrong while trying to insult him. AND your name is Master C. the name says it all, case closed

Whats wrong with my name? Its nothing to do with halo BTW I had it before I even knew there was a Master Chief.

Damn it I always spell Twistid's name wrong.

Well done idiot, turning offensive just because not everyone agree's with you. I was only toying with Twistid, but you of course are just being a fooooool.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
QUOTE (Master C @ Jul 9 2006, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats wrong with my name? Its nothing to do with halo BTW I had it before I even knew there was a Master Chief.

Damn it I always spell Twistid's name wrong.

Well done idiot, turning offensive just because not everyone agree's with you. I was only toying with Twistid, but you of course are just being a fooooool.

lol

u spelt his name wrong twice more

gg brian.png

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Jul 9 2006, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fact - starcraft has the most balanced races
how do you know, have you played every singe rts that exist?

fact - starcraft has the largest fanbase
adicts and fanboys don't count as fanbase...

fact - starcraft is often regarded as the best rts game ever
So everything said on the internet is the truth? lol to that argument...

fact - starcraft is often used as a benchmark for other rts games
same as above....

fact - starcraft is the perfect example of gameplay>graphics
again, how do you know, have you played every single rts that exist?

fact - blizzard still care about starcraft. last patch was released this year
truth, + points for that

fact - any argument made against starcraft so far hasnt been aimed at the game itself, but rather the people who play it
that's becasue sc players are the most stubborn people around and can't understand a shit of what is going on... I'm not critisizing the game, a lot of people like it, so it's a good game, but it's not "the best game ever" there isn't even a "best game" and that's what you can't seem to understand...

opinion - those who dont like starcraft are generally arrogant, or arent good at the game and cant be bothered learning
we are arrogant? LOL! how about you guys? "sc is the best, and people who don't like sc are noobs"

opinion - starcraft is the best rts ever
Congratz! You have a brain!!

so, to sum this up:
point 1 isn't a fact, it's what you believe or what you have experienced...
point 2 is probably a fact, but most of it's fanbase are adicts without lives or stupid fanboys without the brains to understand a shit of the arguments me and the other who don't play argument uses: "lol, they speak funny... wait, they diss sc! Kill them!!"
point 3 and 4 is just stupid, "the opinion of a guy on a internet site is that sc is the best game ever, it has to be the truth"
point 5 is the same as point 1...
point 6 is acually a real fact, congratz!
point 7, read my comment on that one... I'm not critisizing the game, I'm critisizing the people who believe that their opinions are fact... as I have said trough the whole fucking tread, but it don't seem like people know how to read...
point 8 is a opinion, good boy, and I answered with my own opinion.
point 9 is also an opinion, Congratz!! Now can people stop thinking opinions=facts?

QUOTE (Garamiah @ Jul 9 2006, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol

u spelt his name wrong twice more

gg brian.png
who cares if he spelled his name wrong? Twizted is more of a word then Twiztid, and since the brain don't read every letter in a word, it's easy to believe that Twiztid's name is Twizted. Oh, and btw, even you spelled it wrong. Since it seems like you care, it's spelled "T w i Z t i d"...
And besides, my name get miss-spelled 2/3 of the times people try icon_razz.gif

Brave_Zealot

Brave_Zealot
  • Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • xfire:bravezealot
  • Interests:gosu wannabe<br />maybe someday
you mean where all the arguments for why sc is the best has been crushed and no new ones have been said? that's ok for me if you don't have anything more to say in the defence of your beloved game...

hmmm....what is there to defend? You're obviosly not going to play unless someone holds a gun to your head, so what else is there to say? One or two people who dont play our game won't hurt it one bit, and no amount of hateful bashing will convert those who already enjoy the game...

and since when does a game neccesarily has to be "the best" in order to be fun and virtually form "cults"? The indicator that it's pretty fucking good is already enough, and before I start repeating what nem, frito, twizted, garamiah, shiz, I and many others, whose namer are damn hard to spell, already said, I'll just say this: if starcraft didn't deserve all the fame its getting, THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT GETTING ALL THE FAME?

P.S. Anyone remember this?

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
QUOTE (Brave_Zealot @ Jul 9 2006, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And since when does a game neccesarily have to be "the best" in order to be fun and virtually form "cults"?
Don't ask me, I've never said a game has to be "the best" to be fun... But most sc players does, you could ask them.. I'm just trying to say that there is no "best game" (hopefully saying this for the last time in this post... getting really tired of people just reading the first post in a tread) If you accually read my posts, you see that I say that sc is a good game, but not the best one in my opinion... (and yes, I have tried it, so stfu if anyone want to use that as an argument)

and thanks for the link, Brave_Zealot, Rod's first post there is really good, everyone should read it... but since I know that a lot of people here are completely blind, here is Rod's post:
QUOTE (Rod @ May 21 2006, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SC has become over rated in the past few years. Not to say it is a bad game, its just not as good as everyone is making it out to be. The support, community, and all that is awsome for SC, and maybe thats one reason why its over rated. But the game in my opinion is not even close to the best RTS, and I don't find it as fun as half the RTS's out there. There is also the fact that this is a blizzard game. There seems to be a growing "blizz fanboy" population and they seem to love all blizzard games simply because blizzard made them, and not because the game is awsome.

Not bashing blizzard here at all, they are one of the best game company's left, thats no reason to over rate games though.

oh, and another great post by Rod:
QUOTE (Rod @ May 22 2006, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, stop saying a game is "the best" NO game is the best. It is all about the style of the game, and SC's style sucks IMO. You are entitled to opinions as well, but to say "omfg no my game pwnz you game and here is why..." is just ignorant. Every rts, even some of the not so popular ones has its own qualties and style that makes it unique. Sc is great for tournys and stuff, but the game is not "the best". Anyone can claim to their grave that SC is the best game, I will never agree. I amount of FUN I have had with SC was not as great as half the other RTS's I have played. I think the game has been too engrained in the gaming culture for people to even look at SC without saying it is good or awsome just because everyone else says it is. Infact, people that have never played SC stick up for it just because its Blizzard/SC... not because of the game. It also seems no one understands when I hqave been saying "overrated". Not crappy shit game. Over rated simply means that SC's rating(probably the highest rated game of all time) is not equal to its true quality.

oh, and Brave_Zealot, you should edit, or delete your posts in that tread... you look like a brainwashed idiot icon_confused.gif

oh, and I just got an idea... if Starcraft is balanced because the factions are equal (sp?)... what about EE then? All the factions ARE THE SAME!! Doesn't that make EE the most balanced rts ever?

SliCk.cF-

SliCk.cF-
  • Members
  • 60 posts
LoL once again i'm gonna say please stop throwing opions around such as "Starcraft is so overated" and maybe explain why you think this is true?

Majority of the people on this forums likes the game OMFG i don't think it's good tho it's so overated --v
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users