Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Am i missing something here?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:134
QUOTE (m30wc0w @ Jul 5 2006, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omfg kser u stole my pwn in teh thread plx gtfo pmfg.

Lol...great minds think alike right?!
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.
I offer SC2 coaching for $25/hr, msg if interested :)

m30wc0w

m30wc0w
  • Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • xfire:m30wc0w
  • Interests:FERRET
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Jul 5 2006, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol...great minds think alike right?!

Well he obviously knows a lot about games and what truely makes a game great.

WHO THE HELL SAYS STARCRAFT IS A HORRIBLE RTS BECAUSE OF THE GRAPHICS?
I CAN UNDERSTAND ALL THOSE FASTEST MAPPERS, HACKERS, AND IDIOTS BUT GRAPHICS?!?!
AND THEN HE PROCEEDS TO TELL US HOW HE CAN'T MINE?!? JESUS H CHRIST IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN
WITH STARCRAFT AND PLAY IT TOO ITS MAXIMUM POTENTIAL WWW.PGTOUR.NET!

[/rant]

MrBlanks

MrBlanks
  • Members
  • 884 posts
  • xfire:sdn1003
  • Interests:Computers and airsoft... typical dork stuff.<br /><br />I also like long walks on the beach.
well obviously he has never played any RTS in his life, so I don't think suggesting pgtour would work.

Uh, are you playing the singleplayer missions? Don't play custom games yet. The first missions are tutorials so play those and get a feel for sc and RTS games are. Yeah, the graphics are outdated, but they aren't too bad.

On Fanboyism:"
"Why do people feel such fierce loyalty to a corporation? You can rest assured the corporation doesn't feel the same level of loyalty towards you."

ThePieSwindler

ThePieSwindler
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • xfire:leetdood
uh, as long as the graphics arent horrendous and blocky, they dont really matter in an RTS, at least, in my opinion

this thread deserves a brian brian.png
IPB Image

Brave_Zealot

Brave_Zealot
  • Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • xfire:bravezealot
  • Interests:gosu wannabe<br />maybe someday
Kurt! That was logic genocide!

Quote maddox

...and please do us a favor and format your hard drive, then go back to quake arena so we don't have to feel as if it was our fault someone banged their head aginst a banana tree...

and errr...

"The fact that you're an idiot has been noted"

-Fritobag

Brian brian.png is ashamed of you!

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
This thread is like eh..

Anyways, SC is not overrated. It's like one of the best games of all time, I think that a game with this reputation wouldn't be considered 'overrated'.

QUOTE (Master C)
Wait. Its a great game because its balanced? Well WOOPTY DOO!

Holy crap you could at least sell it a little.

I mean....c'mon.

You have no idea, do you?

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
........kill the thread plz!@
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin.

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
QUOTE (ShiZ @ Jul 5 2006, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, SC is not overrated. It's like one of the best games of all time, I think that a game with this reputation wouldn't be considered 'overrated'.

Go ask any halo fan what they think the 'best game of all time' is.

Then, go and rethink your statement

Fritobag

Fritobag

R.I.P Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

• Retired Staff
  • 4,342 posts
Actually, I'm also a huge Halo fan. Great storyline, great gameplay, lots of fun times at my friend's house playing through system link on seperate TV's. Halo rox. ;/

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • xfire:nemesiscf
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
if you want it explained then go use the search function for pretty much evry topic about best game ever, best rts ever and anything with starcraft in the title.. i have written like 2 pages before about why i think sc is the best game ever... now.. please explain to me with 2 pages why its not k?

btw halo sux.. icon_razz.gif apart from the storyline all it makes me do is think "zh0mfg they stole evrything from UT series!!!" also does it run off the same grphx engine? because that wouldnt suprise me ^_^.

LAN's attended: i31, Xleague.TV CNC3 Invitational, WCG UK 2007, ESWC UK 2007, The Gathering 2008, The SGL Summer Slam, ESWC UK 2008, LlamaLan 9, ESWC Grand Finals 2008, SparkLAN 5, LlamaLAN 10, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #1, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #2, ESL Pro Series UK Finals Season 2, SparkLAN 6, LlamaLAN 11, i38
LAN's attending:i39, Gadget Show Live 2010, LlamaLan 12

Kurt_

Kurt_
  • Members
  • 642 posts
QUOTE (Fritobag @ Jul 6 2006, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
W0W at this thread. Obviously you're like a seven year old who doesn't know what the "Mission Objectives Tab" is and you probably can't read any game manuals either.

No, I'm a 17 year old that only just got the game and is confused on what to do.
IPB Image

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • Interests:pwning pretty much all RTS games, some FPS once in a while.. even some RPG's.. oh, and i like computers too....did i mension i pwn?
listen.. do it again.. read the instructions carefully.. trust me give it a chance, sc has 1 of the best single players ive ever played. it teaches you how to play the game well.

LAN's attended: i31, Xleague.TV CNC3 Invitational, WCG UK 2007, ESWC UK 2007, The Gathering 2008, The SGL Summer Slam, ESWC UK 2008, LlamaLan 9, ESWC Grand Finals 2008, SparkLAN 5, LlamaLAN 10, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #1, ESL Intel Friday Night Game UK #2, ESL Pro Series UK Finals Season 2, SparkLAN 6, LlamaLAN 11, i38

hackerwacker

hackerwacker
  • Banned
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that goes boom
  • Gamer Army ID:220
QUOTE (Nemesis.cF- @ Jul 6 2006, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw halo sux.. icon_razz.gif apart from the storyline all it makes me do is think "zh0mfg they stole evrything from UT series!!!" also does it run off the same grphx engine? because that wouldnt suprise me ^_^.

btw starcraft sux....icon_razz.gif including the storyline, all it makes me do is say "omg they totally stole everything from WH40k!!!" also, dosnt it run off the same engine as warcraft 2? it wouldnt surprise me ^_-

Nemesis.cF-

Nemesis.cF-
  • Members
  • 1,935 posts
well wht with it being made by the same comany it wouldnt matter if it did. And wtf at copying wh40k. wh40k is totally different.. the space marines are the only thing in the whole game tht could really compare to anything in SC.. eldar maybe abit simular to protoss, but thats purely stupid saying it copied tht.

-.- just coz u dnt like the game.. tbh i dnt think an entire country can be wrong.

m30wc0w

m30wc0w
  • Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • xfire:m30wc0w
  • Interests:FERRET
QUOTE (hackerwacker @ Jul 6 2006, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw starcraft sux....icon_razz.gif including the storyline, all it makes me do is say "omg they totally stole everything from WH40k!!!" also, dosnt it run off the same engine as warcraft 2? it wouldnt surprise me ^_-

Actually from what I recall Blizzard DID say they took influence from living genres. But they didn't take too much from WH40K. The Terrans are influenced by Starship Troopers, the Zerg are influenced by the movie Aliens, and I forgot where the Protoss came from. But you are right with the theory that they did base a lot of their context from stuff that was existent prior to Starcraft. But another goal of theres was yes to make it like Warcraft, but with a different feel to it. People considered the Orcs and Humans in Wc2 as too alike. Blizzard wanted to get away from that.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,512 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (ShiZ @ Jul 6 2006, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is like eh..

You have no idea, do you?

Obviously not.
Whats so great about balance? It definately shouldnt make a game. Unless you mean it in another way then what I'm thinking.

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
QUOTE (ShiZ @ Jul 5 2006, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is what over rated IS. Something that gets so much praise simply because it got so much praise.

I personaly think SC is overrated. Even if it wasn't overrated, your logic failed when you started to bring "ratings" into a debate about how its overrated. When discussing if something is overrated you want to compare how good the game is (SC = awsome) and compare it to the rating.

The problem is 99.9% of people seem to think "omfg SC is teh awsome". I would be willing to be 50% of the people that say SC is so good don't even play the game. It has simply become an e-popular thing to say. SC's only advantage over other RTS's is its balance.

Another example of overrated is firefox. It has also become this e-popular thing to have and flaunt the fact that you hate IE and love FF.

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
wtf, I first now read the whole first post... dude, If I'm not completely wrong it said what you where to do and you had to build some specific buildings and units, and the standar "how to move units" part... then use your newly created units to destroy the enemy creatures... (zerglings?)

Anyway, I am getting a bit tired of "SC is the best game becasue it's so balanced"... isn't there anything else good with sc? if not, why should people play it? can't you sc-players do any better job at trying to get people to play it? all I see is:
"Play sc, it's the best game ever"
"sc is the best rts"
"sc is the most balanced game"
"the balance of sc makes it the best"
"try sc, you won't be dissapointed"
etc...
you call that arguments?

and yes, I know some sc-players (I can think of 3 or 4 atm) gives a good picture of the game... this is not about you, but the other people who play sc (the less inteligent fanboys...)

[edit]And to the guy above: Nice post icon_smile.gif gj...

and Opera>all other browsers icon_razz.gif

Zell

Zell
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:zellbooya
  • Interests:Contact me and let's have a game shall we?
  • Steam ID:Zell_Booya
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zellieth
....I'm gunna kill you....

Zell

Zell
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:zellbooya
  • Interests:Contact me and let's have a game shall we?
  • Steam ID:Zell_Booya
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zellieth
...correction...I'm going to kill all of you starcraft haters....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users