Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Favorite Final Fantasy?

* * * - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
  • xfire:keithdchatt
  • Interests:Gaming, Weed, Movies, Friends, Parties, Girls, Alcohol, Hockey
  • Xbox / GFWL:keithdchatt
  • PSN:Want one!
  • Wii:Want one!
There have to be some Final Fantasy fans out there? Final Fantasy has been my favorite RPG out there ever since I was introduced to Final Fantasy 8 on the Playstation. Then I bought 7. Now I own 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 10-2
and am eagerly waiting for 12. I personally think Final Fantasy 11 ruined the Final Fantasy series though. I didn't like it that much for the MMO style. I haven't really played any of the old school Final Fantasies, so I want to know what you guys think. What is your favorite Final Fantasy and why?

Mine is a tie between 7, and 8 : \

elem3nt

elem3nt
  • Members
  • 177 posts
ff7 on the pc ftw
www.death.killsyou.com // www.myspace.com/truthwithelegance
IPB Image

Captain-Awsome

Captain-Awsome
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • xfire:thepureone
Are you kidding! 7 8 AND 9 all tie? 7 was, and always WILL be the best Final Fantasy ever made, it had the greatest storyline, and gameplay, good secret characters and lots more for me, it was 7 but then 8 coming close up.. 10-2 was by far... the worst game i have ever played X_X

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
I love FF! I'd have to say my favorite of all of the ones I've played would be FF7. Played it not too long ago, and although the graphics sucked, what do they matter? It's all about gameplay and storyline. FF7 FTW.
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
QUOTE (Captain-Awsome @ Jul 3 2006, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you kidding! 7 8 AND 9 all tie? 7 was, and always WILL be the best Final Fantasy ever made, it had the greatest storyline, and gameplay, good secret characters and lots more for me, it was 7 but then 8 coming close up.. 10-2 was by far... the worst game i have ever played X_X

Now that I think about 7 did have a VERY GOOD storyline and character build. It was my favorite before I beat it, but you are very right 8 come VERY VERY close. I loved every character in 8 and just the storyline and everything. Nine was too easy I didn't really mean to put that there. It was good the first time I beat it though.

TheHumannBee

TheHumannBee
  • Banned
  • 790 posts
  • xfire:tehhumannbee
FF7 was so awesome. 8 is the 2nd best.

The newer ones are gay, and I never even played 9
IPB Image

Captain-Awsome

Captain-Awsome
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • xfire:thepureone
QUOTE (keithdchatt @ Jul 4 2006, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that I think about 7 did have a VERY GOOD storyline and character build. It was my favorite before I beat it, but you are very right 8 come VERY VERY close. I loved every character in 8 and just the storyline and everything. Nine was too easy I didn't really mean to put that there. It was good the first time I beat it though.

ty o_O? but ya nine was short, and boring..

Bludbath

Bludbath
  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Online Gaming, BsE and Music
  • Xbox / GFWL:BsE Bloodbath
  • PSN:Bloodbath4000
Ive heard this question so many times now lol

I cant ever decide on 1 best final fantasy game... each is amazing for a different reason....

FF7 - Just all around amazing
FF8 - cool intro's and ace card game
FF9 - Storyline (bar the last boss twist) and graphics are amazing
FFX - Storyline is amazing too

But if i did pick it would be 7

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
It does seem that FF7 is everybodies favorite. What about the old school ones were any of those good? Oh and I think the card game in 9 is the best. Too bad 10 didn't really have any cards. It did have Blitzball though, but that I found wasn't the greatest.

Adas

Adas
  • Members
  • 424 posts
  • xfire:jamesadams
Hah funny this came up. I have recently played through FF7 and FF8. I must say my Fav is either 7 or 8. Just 8 sucked me in so much love the story line just wish they could have made it longer.
IPB Image

Twizzler Mark 4

Twizzler Mark 4
  • Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • xfire:twizzlermark4
FF7 hands down

great game on playstation
I play it over and over again
Ever wonder why you click something?Is it because your curious or bored.

^everyone dose this...........I just wanna be loved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DemomanScotboi

DemomanScotboi

MotM July '07

• Banned
  • 3,063 posts
  • xfire:henx12
  • Interests:Buyin',Sellin',Tradin',Stalkin people to make em buy 'er sell.
  • Gamer Army ID:808
QUOTE (keithdchatt @ Jul 4 2006, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does seem that FF7 is everybodies favorite. What about the old school ones were any of those good? Oh and I think the card game in 9 is the best. Too bad 10 didn't really have any cards. It did have Blitzball though, but that I found wasn't the greatest.

old school......6 takes it hands down on sooo many levels....great story...good leveling system...the espers were an awesome system making you use some to learn spells that come in handy..

but heres my chart.

7 is the best by current gen standards......even if it is last gen.

6 is the best old school one..if you havent played it...buy it or get a rom of it....it is basically the awesomest snes RPG ever made......tied with chrono trigger ofcourse.

Locke2007

Locke2007
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts
  • xfire:Locke2007
  • Interests:Computer Games, Roleplaying, Anime, Hong Kong Cinema, Wargaming (Warhammer Fantasy / Warhammer 40k), Reading (Fantasy &amp; Sci Fi Novels)
Final fantasy 6, has one of the best storylines followed by 7 and 8 (hmmm anyone see a pattern forming)

Anyone that has not played it should go get the rom or Buy it for the PS1 (Sold on its own in Europe or as part of Anthology in the states)
IPB Image

[00:19] hawkpwwnsyou: When theres no-one to turn to you always have Jesus.
[00:19] Locke2007 {SoS}: Theres Always Jack Daniels

Anakron

Anakron
  • Members
  • 152 posts
  • xfire:Anakron
7... Not for the story... Not for the characters. It had the best battle system. icon_biggrin.gif
IPB Image

Rastapaner

Rastapaner
  • Members
  • 93 posts
the best is still FF7
FF8 is also really cool
but FF7 pwnes every other RPG

the worst are
FF9 and FFX-2

maybe a 10 year old girl would like them
but i think they totally suck
at least the music is ok in FF9

got every single game, available in germany (except FFXI)

1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10-2
FF-spirit within (VHS and DVD... but it also sucked ass^^)
and of course FFAC... icon_rolleyes.gif
IPB Image
XFIRE: rastapaner

keithdchatt

keithdchatt
  • Banned
  • 3,451 posts
Okay all this talk about how good they all are =) Anyone know the release date for 12? And is it going to be ps2 or ps3?

NightHawk_b

NightHawk_b
  • Members
  • 89 posts
I'm not really into Final Fantasy, but I liked Final Fantasy Tactics Advance icon_razz.gif
IPB Image

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
Here are the few FF7 games I've played.

FF7: My favorite game so far. I loved it all around, gameplay, characters, storyline, it all was perfect. The materia was one of the things that simply blew me away. I loved the ability to customize weapons and abilities. This game was perfect, the only thing I would ask of it would be a remake with better graphics.

BTW- Crisis Zone is out I think, and sometime next year, expect Crisis Core on PSP, with Zack as the main Character!

FF10: Blitzball is a definite plus side to this awesome game. People ask me, "What's your favorite sport?" all the time, and my answer is "Blitzball." They have no idea what I'm talking about! Also, the story was pretty good. The major thing that I hated was the sphere grid. It's so annoying to level up. Overall, a good game.

FF8: I only played a bit of this one before getting stuck and sold it. Triple Triad was an awesome mini-game. Other than that, I have yet to get very far.

FF Tactics: I'm not too far, but from what I've played, very good. I look forward to the rest of this game.

FF1 & 2: Dawn of Souls: I got stuck in both of them, but I liked them pretty well. Red mages pwned and that was the end of that.
Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

El_

El_
  • Members
  • 543 posts
  • xfire:elmario
FF VII

N0V4

N0V4
  • GA Corporal
  • 275 posts
  • Wii:5888829438237644
  • Gamer Army ID:571
yeah.. ive seen these debaits b4, 7 always comes out on top icon_smile.gif (as it shud in my opinion)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users