Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

last check

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Shay Ken

Shay Ken
  • Members
  • 188 posts
  • xfire:ShayKen
so my dad gave me the go-ahead, I 'll be ordering soon, if you could have a look for any incompatibility stuff that'd be coolio.
Here's the list:

mobo:
Asus M2N-SLI deluxe

CPU:
AMD Athlon 3200+ AM2

CPU cooler:
Arctic cooling freezer 64 PRO

RAM:
PQI Turbo PC2-5400 1GB

HD:
Samsung SP2004C 200GB SATA
(same as that one just the 200GB version)

DVD-ROM:
Samsung SH-D162C black
(same as that one just the black version)

Vidcard:
Club3D GeForce 7900GT (Can't find a link but it's a normal clocked one)

PSU:
Seasonic S12-380

Case:
3Rsystem R202 (some regular fugly case w/e, 2 80 mm fan places, 1 120mm fan placement thingy)

Monitor:
Acer 1716AS 17" TFT

and an ADSL cable to top it off

I think it's all rather 1337 so, just post if you something incompatible, if you don't like the stuff I don't really care cause I've debated over it and this is the best stuff I can get.

Thanks in advance for any help,

ps. no I will not wait nor get Conroe, too expensive and I want my pc now! pp_smiley2.gif
IPB Image
omg new pc: AMD AM2 3200+ - Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe - Club3d 7900GT - Corsair 1GB DDR2-800 RAM

oh yeah, IT ROXXORZ MY SOXX0RZ, YAY

zackis2wacko

zackis2wacko
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • xfire:zack1991
  • Interests:Hockey<br />Friends<br />Family<br />MSN<br />Computer<br />Games<br />Food<br />Drinks<br />Clothes<br />Shows and Movies
your lucky but all those are nice
IPB Image

Shay Ken

Shay Ken
  • Members
  • 188 posts
lol thanks, been saving up for 7 months now and my parents are paying a little less then half of it, so yeah I'm kinda lucky.
IPB Image
omg new pc: AMD AM2 3200+ - Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe - Club3d 7900GT - Corsair 1GB DDR2-800 RAM

Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy
  • Members
  • 589 posts
Yup, that seems like a good system mate. What did it come to all up?

Also, that is a big heatsink, make sure there is plenty of room in your case.

Shay Ken

Shay Ken
  • Members
  • 188 posts
it'll add up to about 950,00

if the AC one doesn't fit I can just temporarily use the boxed cooler but I think it'll work, anyways thanks for pointing that out I'll have a look at it.
IPB Image

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Where are you ordering this stuff? Not newegg I hope...THEY DON'T SHIP TO THE NETHERLANDS

And if they do I'll be having a Conroe for christmas..icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

etnies_css_playa

etnies_css_playa
  • Members
  • 589 posts
  • xfire:socom2gamer
QUOTE (Shay Ken @ Jun 29 2006, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont think that will fit on your AM2 proccesor,, GEt the Tt typhoon mini
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...ure=THERMALTAKE
dont get it from NCIX, because they dont ship to Netherlands.
IPB Image

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jun 29 2006, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you ordering this stuff? Not newegg I hope...THEY DON'T SHIP TO THE NETHERLANDS
STFU OR GTFO. We all know this.

How much more is a 3500+ to a 3200+ over there? Over here it would be like 7 euro more, but if it's something like 20 forget it. Other than that, looks good. I envy your motherboard.

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil
QUOTE (Komet @ Jun 29 2006, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much more is a 3500+ to a 3200+ over there? Over here it would be like 7 euro more, but if it's something like 20 forget it. Other than that, looks good. I envy your motherboard.

not sure about where he lives.
but in UK theres a pretty huge difference between 3200+ and 3500+
i think the 3200 was around 70 and the 3500 was around 130 brian.png

DHC

DHC

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

• Retired Staff
  • 12,731 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:31
  • Company:Kilo
omfg thats such an aweful difference!!! its like $10 USD more over here

evol262

evol262

MotM Dec 2005 teh_burninator / Keeping n00bs at bay

• GA Private
  • 5,804 posts
  • xfire:evol262
  • Gamer Army ID:548
QUOTE (Komet @ Jun 29 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
STFU OR GTFO. We all know this.

I'd be careful there. That's the 2nd time today you've told Weiman to GTFO. While we all may know that Newegg doesn't deliver to Holland, does the OP?
CODE
while(!asleep()) {
                    sheep++;
}

Komet

Komet

PPFA 2006: Best HW&SW teh_overclockerer

• GA Corporal
  • 9,425 posts
  • xfire:theredkomet
  • Wii:7734541838954115
  • Gamer Army ID:128
QUOTE (evol262 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be careful there. That's the 2nd time today you've told Weiman to GTFO. While we all may know that Newegg doesn't deliver to Holland, does the OP?
He does. I've been talking to him a lot on MSN.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (evol262 @ Jun 29 2006, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what I was wondering, I don't want him to run into a nasty surprise at checkout..

QUOTE (Komet @ Jun 29 2006, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He does. I've been talking to him a lot on MSN.

I haven't. How else am I supposed to know this.
I'm just trying to help here. I'd watch it if I were you, talking like that to a moderator is not what I would do if I were you...

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

AZN_L473ncy

AZN_L473ncy
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Looks good remember you can make your own cat5 cable. But I wouldn't suggest it because AFAIK you have to buy it in 50feet lengths, (I have a whole roll that's 500 ft. in my basement (but my dad also used it to hookup his workplace and the 5 computers in our house)

Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy
  • Members
  • 589 posts
In reference to otaku, has the actual retention bracket changed in the AM2 socket? So now people have to buy specific AM2 coolers?

g3ftw

g3ftw
  • Members
  • 506 posts
The bracket has changed in that with AM2 it now attaches to the motherboard with four screws rather than two for 939. However the actual bracket itself is apparently similar enough that a socket 939 heatsink with a clip fitting should still work. This includes the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro so you should be ok with that.

A HSF that actually uses the screws as the method of attachment eg. Akasa Evo-33 will not fit.

Check here for a list of what will and won't work:AMD AM2 Heatsink Compatibility List
IPB Image

Shay Ken

Shay Ken
  • Members
  • 188 posts
thanks for the replies everyone, yes I checked that the HSF would fit and that compatibility list confirms it.

for Weiman, I use this site Azerty, one of the cheapest I could find, I just use Newegg to show to people what I'm talking about, since a lot of them can't speak dutch.

I think that covers it, I'll be ordering it soon and I hope the building will go well.

and Komet, hurry up with that building vid!
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users