Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The OFFICIAL Anime/Manga Thread

• Please log in to reply
4033 replies to this topic

piwit

piwit
  • Members
  • 4 posts

One piece??

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,595 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15

Got a little sick of Bayblade the other day so introduced the kids to Robotech. Most of them seemed to like it...they got through the first two eps before switching over to Beyblade...

sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil

UDP you are still here? jesus fuck.

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
UDP you are still here? jesus fuck.

I'm around :o

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI

I finshed watching Fate/Zero the other day...

Pretty horrible.

Now I've got like 3-4 other Animes I wanna watch... Used to have SO MUCH MORE TIME.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
I finshed watching Fate/Zero the other day...

Pretty horrible.

Now I've got like 3-4 other Animes I wanna watch... Used to have SO MUCH MORE TIME.

I'm watching about 20/week at the moment, see here.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts

Holy fucking shit.

Respect. I like my anime but I think I'd go insane if I watched it that much. Especially subbed.

Edited by liquidicevi, 25 April 2013 - 07:14 PM.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
Holy fucking shit.

Respect. I like my anime but I think I'd go insane if I watched it that much. Especially subbed.

Heh, I like it better subbed, I feel like the Japanese voices fit stuff better usually. When I started watching anime 5 or 6 years ago I was watching it in english, and then subs were a bit weird to me, but once I got used to it I don't even notice it anymore. Plus all the new stuff is not in English anyway.

Sig1.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
I'm watching about 20/week at the moment, see here.

You're fucking NUTS.

I want to be this much into anime.

I recommend Clannad and Clannad Afterstory to everyone. You have to deal with clannad first, which isnt that great, but sets up after story. It's not what it seems.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
You're fucking NUTS.

I want to be this much into anime.

I recommend Clannad and Clannad Afterstory to everyone. You have to deal with clannad first, which isnt that great, but sets up after story. It's not what it seems.

I just watched it a few weeks ago, I would agree with this. Although not my highest recommendation to anyone (you could just see my list). If you want to see something that is not the typical anime and more serious/dark, try Psycho Pass (just finished airing a month or two ago). It's not in English voices (English subtitles though), but you can legally stream it on Funimation if you're in the US.

Also, I watch a lot of videos in general, if you think about it, 20 anime or tv shows = 22x20 minutes = 440 minutes. 440/60 = 7 hours and 20 minutes. 7 hours per week isn't really that much. I've found that I can't play games within a few hours of when I go to sleep, otherwise I tend to have trouble sleeping. So with all that time I end up watching videos.

Sig1.jpg

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
Heh, I like it better subbed, I feel like the Japanese voices fit stuff better usually. When I started watching anime 5 or 6 years ago I was watching it in english, and then subs were a bit weird to me, but once I got used to it I don't even notice it anymore. Plus all the new stuff is not in English anyway.

Ow don't get me wrong I watch Subs, I prefer a good dub but subs are fine. It's just that many hours of Japanese people screaming at me....

Anyone know if Steins:Gate is any good? Been hearing good things recently but also some mixed.

I know UDP has seen it :P

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

UDP

UDP

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
Ow don't get me wrong I watch Subs, I prefer a good dub but subs are fine. It's just that many hours of Japanese people screaming at me....

Anyone know if Steins:Gate is any good? Been hearing good things recently but also some mixed.

I know UDP has seen it :P

I can't say too much without spoiling it, but it's somewhat slow to start until about half way through. It's easily one of the best shows I've ever seen, as long as you watch the entire show. I don't want to say much else, but definitely watch it. Also, not sure if there is an english dub, but I would avoid watching it. If it exists I haven't seen it, but I can pretty much guarantee some stuff will get lost in translation.

Sig1.jpg

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts

Sold.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
I just watched it a few weeks ago, I would agree with this. Although not my highest recommendation to anyone (you could just see my list). If you want to see something that is not the typical anime and more serious/dark, try Psycho Pass (just finished airing a month or two ago). It's not in English voices (English subtitles though), but you can legally stream it on Funimation if you're in the US.

Also, I watch a lot of videos in general, if you think about it, 20 anime or tv shows = 22x20 minutes = 440 minutes. 440/60 = 7 hours and 20 minutes. 7 hours per week isn't really that much. I've found that I can't play games within a few hours of when I go to sleep, otherwise I tend to have trouble sleeping. So with all that time I end up watching videos.

Very similar. If I watch anime it's usually before bed to "chill out."

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users