Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The OFFICIAL Anime/Manga Thread

• Please log in to reply
4063 replies to this topic

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
Haldo,

I have noticed that there are a lot of anime threads and it's about time that there's one that all of this chat falls into. What are your favorite animes and mangas? Which ones do you hate? If it has to do with anime or manga, bring it here! I'm going to say this now: NO HENTAI. The forum rules are regulated here, as well as any other thread, so don't post hentai. Anywho, I'm not huge into manga or anime, I watch it occaisionally, but today I got really into Hellsing, so that's my favorite manga. Second I'd vote Trigun, third, Naruto, fourth DBZ/DBGT, and fifth is empty because I've yet to find a manga/anime that is worthy of the last spot in my top 5.

*****DICUSSION, COMMENCE!*****

Always up for Gen IV Pokemon battling and trading - just shoot me a PM.

meft

meft
  • Members
  • 114 posts
I don't really understand why it should all be restricted to one thread. Do you think anime movies are not worth as much as other movies?

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in learning about religions, mythologies, ancient cultures, and psychology. I also like to play a lot of video games and computer games, mainly Role-Playing Games. I also play a few table top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons, Shadow Run, and Vampire: the Masquerade.
QUOTE (meft @ Jun 23 2006, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand why it should all be restricted to one thread. Do you think anime movies are not worth as much as other movies?

Nonsense! ANime movies are worth just as much, maybe more. Anywho, I just got all of the Hellsing eps. for $4! WOOOOOOT!

chowgood

chowgood
  • Members
  • 237 posts
Pokemon Series 1 FTW. Full of my youthful memories, and a time where animators and producers of childrens anime actually cared enough to make decent animation.

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
QUOTE (chowgood @ Jun 23 2006, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pokemon Series 1 FTW. Full of my youthful memories, and a time where animators and producers of childrens anime actually cared enough to make decent animation.

So true.

chowgood

chowgood
  • Members
  • 237 posts
Have you seen the amount of crap they market to children these days?!

Beyblade -
Fighting spinning tops
Crush Gear -
Fighting toy cars
B Daman -
Fighting marbles

My next prediction for the latest addictive childrens anime, battling Yo-yo's. Either that or battling sponges. The person with the most abbsorbancy wins, and the intense process of soaking up liquid creates the heat of the battles.

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
I love hentai as does Brian brian.png
IPB Image

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
QUOTE (chowgood @ Jun 23 2006, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen the amount of crap they market to children these days?!

Beyblade -
Fighting spinning tops
Crush Gear -
Fighting toy cars
B Daman -
Fighting marbles

My next prediction for the latest addictive childrens anime, battling Yo-yo's. Either that or battling sponges. The person with the most abbsorbancy wins, and the intense process of soaking up liquid creates the heat of the battles.

Yeah, they've been pumping out more and more crap. Here's a few more-

The Newer Pokemon- They should've just left it at 150...they've overdone it.
Yu-Gi-Oh!-The 1st season and the manga were okay, but now it's just totally retarded.
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX- This entire idea is gay. It's pretty lame.
Duel Masters- They ripped off of M:TG so bad, it's not even funny.

Hades.

Hades.
  • GA Private
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Holy fuck Ive been on these forums for a long time. They pretty much raised me tbh
  • Xbox / GFWL:Undisclosed
  • Wii:Don't want.
  • Gamer Army ID:4225
  • Company:Alpha
hentai = cool n stuff.... brian.png

79577008.png

bungee_toad

bungee_toad
  • GA Private
  • 1,142 posts
  • xfire:bungeetoad
  • Interests:Gaming,Movies/filmmaking,Music
  • Gamer Army ID:930
Good Anime To Watch:
Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Guyver (locke told me its good)
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo
Gundam
Ghost In The Shell

Good Anime Movies:
Ghost In The Shel 1 and 2
Cowboy Bebop the movie
Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Full Metal Alchemist: Conquer Of Shambala

Animes To Stay Clear Of:

Any New Pokemon Episodes
Yu-Gi-Oh
Since your Wii was glowing blue, there are obviously orcs near by. You may want to call the elves. -Crispyduck411

Sniper-Viper

Sniper-Viper
  • GA Corporal
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, manga, anime, military stuff, movies, ninjutsu &amp; grrls
  • Gamer Army ID:211
Naruto FTW

But the best movie is Jin-Roh

As snipers say: "Don't run... you'll only die tired!"
g0t IZGIZZIS?

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Jun 22 2006, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haldo,

I have noticed that there are a lot of anime threads and it's about time that there's one that all of this chat falls into. What are your favorite animes and mangas? Which ones do you hate? If it has to do with anime or manga, bring it here! I'm going to say this now: NO HENTAI. The forum rules are regulated here, as well as any other thread, so don't post hentai. Anywho, I'm not huge into manga or anime, I watch it occaisionally, but today I got really into Hellsing, so that's my favorite manga. Second I'd vote Trigun, third, Naruto, fourth DBZ/DBGT, and fifth is empty because I've yet to find a manga/anime that is worthy of the last spot in my top 5.

*****DICUSSION, COMMENCE!*****

I was waiting for someone to post a thread like this icon_biggrin.gif.

ATM, I'm currently watching:

Blood+
Naruto
Bleach

Ones I want to watch:
Rurouni Kenshin (I'be watched the first 7 episodes, but can't find any more to download)

Ones I've seen:
Too many to name icon_razz.gif.

Best anime of all time, IMO:
Fullmetal Alchemist

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

bungee_toad

bungee_toad
  • GA Private
  • 1,142 posts
  • xfire:bungeetoad
  • Interests:Gaming,Movies/filmmaking,Music
  • Gamer Army ID:930
Agreed FMA FTW
Since your Wii was glowing blue, there are obviously orcs near by. You may want to call the elves. -Crispyduck411

The Alu

The Alu
  • Members
  • 1,306 posts
Black Lagoon is pretty kickass
IPB Image

QUOTE(Orky @ Mar 22 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

Ahh! Communist! =P

-Reaver-

-Reaver-
  • Members
  • 3,265 posts
  • xfire:omgreaveristaken
  • Steam ID:reaver117
Gundam series, but 08th MS is the best.

This is shortly after the time of MS: Gundam, but not Gundams have been mass produced, and used as elites rather than 'OMFG I PWN EVERYTHING LAWL'

It's about the 08th MS Team obviously, a squad of 5. Unlike Seed and Wing, it's not 5 teenagers finding mobile suits and blowing up the opposition. They don't always win, and they don't always come out unscatched. It's awesome.

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
Like I said, I'm not too huge into anime, but here are my faves/dislikes.

Hellsing (Currently watching, I'll finish it up when my DVDs come.
Trigun (Pwns)
Naruto
DBZ (Watched it in Elementary School, I'm in 8th grade now, it was cool at the time.)

Dislikes:
Digimon
Pokemon (1st season was good when I was little)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (When I was younger it was big, but I never really liked it too much. I play the TCG, though. The manga is so-so.)
Tsubasha (I bought volume one, and it was alright. It's more about hugging young pink-haired girls than violence or anything like that, so it wasn't so great)
Cardcaptors (I watched a few episodes when I was little, and it kinda sucked from what I can remember)
Girls Bravo (I picked one up in a store, and read a few pages, and I was cracking up from all the thong shots. If you're gonna make a hentai, just do it, none of this scantily clad crap.)
Dragonball (It was Goku when he was a kid. IMO, just watch DBZ, it's better.)
Castle in the Sky (It was an okay movie, I've seen better.)
Gundam SD (OMG, it was crap. Must I say more?)
Tenchi Moyo (Once again, more "lovey-dovey" shit than actual violence and action.)
Totally Spys (OMG, just call it what it is, totally lesbians. It was crap, that's all I have to say.)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX(This is worse than Yu-Gi-Oh! It's really gay.)
Speed Racer(There's nothing wrong with old, it just sucks.)
Beyblade(Tops? Who gives a crap?)
Hikaru No Go(The game Go=pretty fun. Making a manga about it=No.)
One Piece(A lot of people like it, I don't care for it too much. The money is berries, Usopp is a fag, I do like Luffy's hat though.)
Final Fantasy 7:Advent Children(Good animation and good action, but the story line sucked, they made Cait Sith scottish, and you'd have to have played the game to have understood it. Also, there are countless retarded lines, like Yuffie's "I've got your materia, Cloud!" I was highly dissappointed.)
Zatch Bell(A bit kiddish, an okay story line but most of it is definitly targeting a younger audience.)
Metabots(Definitly targeting a younger audience. The villains weren't too cool and it wasn't that great of a show at all.)
Megaman NT Warrior(Original idea, and it was okay for awhile, I liked the GB games, but it was kinda gay after awhile.)

DBGT and the Gundams I never watched much of, same for .Hack, so I dunno about them. Other than that, I just know that I need to get into anime a bit more.

CrispyDuck411

CrispyDuck411

IRC Awards 2006: Best Linker

• Members
  • 2,286 posts
  • xfire:cr1spyduck
  • Xbox / GFWL:CrispyDuck411
Gyarr! Gundam is the fucking pwnage. I can't express how many hours it preoccupied me. I love it, I believe I had every action figure. Omg I love it. All series were good cept' for a few.

Gundam Wing was by far the best one.

Arghh! Wing Zero Custom pwnage

G Gundam was frikkin' pwnage.

Omg teh German gundam was pwnage! Shadow Gundam

Bad ones :

SD GUNDAM

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

Brian thinks it sucked brian.png

Oh and Hentai ftw
IPB Image

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Demonic_Angel @ Jun 23 2006, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DBGT and the Gundams I never watched much of, same for .Hack, so I dunno about them. Other than that, I just know that I need to get into anime a bit more.

DBGT was pretty ghey. DBZ was the best of the 3 by far. .Hack//SIGN pwned. I haven't really watched any other ones lol.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

063 Abra

063 Abra
  • Members
  • 3,312 posts
Crispy is right, SD was so bad, brian.png <-- He said it sucked. Anywho, Hellsing FTW.Edit 1
Edit 2
List Updated. (Again.) I'll keep a constant updat eon my list, so keep an eye on it.

stoikiometry

stoikiometry
  • Members
  • 310 posts
Samurai Pizza Cats brian.png
AMD Athlon Thunderbird @ 1000 MHz
ASUS A7V133
512MB SDRAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600SE 128MB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)