Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The OFFICIAL Anime/Manga Thread

• Please log in to reply
4033 replies to this topic

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
QUOTE (Nguman @ Jul 1 2007, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read Shonen Jump.

I did for a while, then It turned into "LOL NARUTO YU YU HAKUSHO ONE PIECE YUGIOH LOLOLOLOLOL" and I stopped since they had like no mangas that interested me.
Posted Image

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
QUOTE (Tendrax @ Jul 1 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did for a while, then It turned into "LOL NARUTO YU YU HAKUSHO ONE PIECE YUGIOH LOLOLOLOLOL" and I stopped since they had like no mangas that interested me.

Fix'd.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
I cant wait for the next eps of StrikerS hey >.>

Need another dose of fate goodness :3

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
OMFG ONE PIECE DUB CAST:

At the One Piece panel, hosted jointly by Toei Animation and FUNimation Entertainment, Mike McFarland, the voice director of Funimation's dub of the series confirmed the new cast for the upcoming Cartoon Network broadcast of the third season of One Piece. The new voices are:

Luffy: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Nami: Luci Christian
Zorro: Chris Sabat (OMG VEGETA)
Usopp: Sonny Strait(OMG KURIRIN)
Sanji: Eric Vale(OMG TRUNKS)
Chopper: Brina Palencia
Robin: Stephanie Young

He also mentioned that the DVD box sets of the series that will be released starting next year will keep the original spellings of all of the characters' names. The eighth One Piece movie, Episode of Alabaster will be released on DVD sometime in 2008 as well. Unfortunately, while Funimation had hoped to release the first two seasons of the series, Viz still holds the rights to those episodes.

So not only is the lisencing situation the same as DBZ, the cast is the same as well. Wonderful. Chris Sabat isn't Zoro, sorry.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
Romeo X Juliet has gotten nicely back on track from its little romance interlude :3

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
Anyone know if Devil May Cry Episode 2 is subbed yet ?? Because it was released a week ago.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (MegamanXLanDarkZero @ Jul 2 2007, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know if Devil May Cry Episode 2 is subbed yet ?? Because it was released a week ago.

Ep 2 has been subbed (AonE ftw? icon_razz.gif) though subs are currently up to ep 3.. if you can read italian icon_razz.gif

Vepr

Vepr
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,524 posts
  • xfire:Vespu
  • Interests:certified diving, ballroom, gaming, being UKRAINIAN!
  • Gamer Army ID:171
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Karko @ Jul 2 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ep 2 has been subbed (AonE ftw? icon_razz.gif) though subs are currently up to ep 3.. if you can read italian icon_razz.gif

I watched the subbed two days ago. It's pretty good and bad ass. I see a few things though i dislike. icon_razz.gif

And i found a finnish subbed version of 3 but not english...Why the hell finnish?

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
I just watched DMC ep 1 & 2 and i dont really like it. Its just a generic anime with DMC characters... icon_sad.gif
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
So.. is FLCL one of those 'must watch' anime like Eva and Akira...cause I'd probabl rather waste my bandwith on Cowboy Bepop

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

HikariKage

HikariKage
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,546 posts
  • xfire:HikariKage
  • Wii:2426085976289137
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:364
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jul 3 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.. is FLCL one of those 'must watch' anime like Eva and Akira...cause I'd probably rather waste my bandwidth on Cowboy Bepop

I'd much rather watch FLCL than Eva but thats just my opinion, but yes FLCL is definitely worth the watch, and since its short you could probably finish it in a day.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (HikariKage @ Jul 4 2007, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd much rather watch FLCL than Eva but thats just my opinion, but yes FLCL is definitely worth the watch, and since its short you could probably finish it in a day.

You could watch it in a little under 3 hours if you just wanted to zerg it icon_razz.gif

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jul 3 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.. is FLCL one of those 'must watch' anime like Eva and Akira...cause I'd probabl rather waste my bandwith on Cowboy Bepop

Dude, start watching One Piece! Perhaps, just perhaps, you'll be caught up by the time it's the Toronto premiere. Hmm, 316 episodes-filler=250 episodes. 17 days until the premiere...this means you'll have to watch approximately 14 episodes a day in order to be caught up by the 21'st.

And if anyone can do it, it's Weiman. AMIRITE?

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
FLCL would be a youtube series. That's if it's on Youtube.

Nguman

Nguman
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts
  • xfire:nguman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pretty Cool
  • PSN:Pretty AWESOME.
  • Wii:Pretty Nice
QUOTE (Anth0ny @ Jul 4 2007, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, start watching One Piece! Perhaps, just perhaps, you'll be caught up by the time it's the Toronto premiere. Hmm, 316 episodes-filler=250 episodes. 17 days until the premiere...this means you'll have to watch approximately 14 episodes a day in order to be caught up by the 21'st.

And if anyone can do it, it's Weiman. AMIRITE?

Vegapunk just released batch torrents.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
QUOTE (Nguman @ Jul 4 2007, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vegapunk just released batch torrents.

Yup, that'll be good for 292-316. For 1-216, Kaizoku Fansubs, after that would be Gerusama, then ADC Elites and that will take you to Vegapunk. One Piece has had quite a few fansub jumps...here's hoping Vegapunk will finish the job.

Which will last for at least 10 years. No 20. No, 100 years! Ha ha! One Piece shall NEVAR END! BWAH! pp_smiley10.gif

*cough*

Vepr

Vepr
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,524 posts
  • xfire:Vespu
  • Interests:certified diving, ballroom, gaming, being UKRAINIAN!
  • Gamer Army ID:171
  • Company:Kilo
It took me how about 2 or 3 times or so of watching the whole series, for me to actually understand what was happening. But was enjoyable doing so, sooo many times.

And i hope DMC starts developing an actually plot per say.

Meng

Meng
  • Members
  • 2,241 posts
  • xfire:mengzor
  • Interests:Owning noobs.<br />Raving.<br />Raving Noobs.<br />Owning Raving.
  • PSN:Sony is evil
QUOTE (Vepr @ Jul 4 2007, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And i hope DMC starts developing an actually plot per say.

Haha , my thoughts exactly.
when i watched it the other day i realized that its just a bunch of random fight scenes cobbled together by some dialogue.

also. whats so good about one piece? i saw parts of it and it looked like utter carp.

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
Donald Duck collection + Scanner + photoshop =

I haven't lol'ed this hard in a while XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users