Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The OFFICIAL Anime/Manga Thread

• Please log in to reply
4033 replies to this topic

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,324 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (5p1nd13 @ Jan 6 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I started watching Gundam Seed last year but never had the time to finish watching it (that is episode 12 - 20 muthafucka). My friend is gonna give me episode 21 - 40 and Destiny.
As far as Rurouni Kenshin goes, my friend said the manga is way better because it goes into more detail (lol ofc) and goes longer then the anime. Its last few volumes are turned into OVA. Not sure if they tell you how Kenshin dies in manga or not. I only watched the anime. Kind of sad that its only 96 (well mid 90s) episodes. Could've gone into manga arcs more but a lot of people lost interest when most of the episodes (like 60-96) have no arc plot in them or were fillers.

I've pretty much found any show I want to watch on OVGuide, they have lists of tons of other websites which are mostly pretty good, most of them seem to be streaming. As for Kenshin, I'm getting kind of tired of it, I just wanna watch ma Bleach. I just wanna see Kenshin's master fight more, he's too awesome.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Kiron @ Jan 8 2008, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the best Fantasy Animes out there, instead of being a romantic comedy PoS its actually very very realistic in terms of issues brought up in it, a must watch.

yay thank you!... now i'v just gota convince every one else to watch it...

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
  • xfire:zog0rayza
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Movies, Books, Comics, Television and Candy.
  • Gamer Army ID:573
Hayate 39 was fucking epic, time to go watch Gurren Lagann again ^^

The ghetto stick reigns supreme.

Measles

Measles
  • GA Private
  • 99 posts
  • xfire:thevale
  • PSN:Serjury
  • Gamer Army ID:161
Lets see, right now my favorite series would have to be Death Note. I couldn't wait for all the eps to release on DVD so I got the entire manga and finished it, loved it.

Desert Punk
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic!
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Hellsing
Love Hina
Gundam Wing
Rurouni Kenshin (reading the manga)
and more...

Dislikes:
DBZ
Trinity Blood
Trigun
Naruto
and more..

My DeviantArt - -My Myspace

QUOTE (sacrifice your first born @ Dec 19 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes queefs are a glorious thing!

Jaziek

Jaziek
  • Members
  • 652 posts
  • xfire:theflyingburgess
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
woot! I just aquired every single currently released episode of

d.gray man
hayate no gotoku
zero no tsukaima
fate/stay night

(along with all 3 albums of the hardest metal known to man.. but thats not really anime.. although it is as good)

I'm at a loss as to what to watch first. Which is the best of the 4?

^^ UNION FLAGGAN! DONT FUCKING MESS WITH THE UK! ^^

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
QUOTE (Jaziek @ Jan 8 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

d.gray man
hayate no gotoku
zero no tsukaima
fate/stay night

(along with all 3 albums of the hardest metal known to man.. but thats not really anime.. although it is as good)

Fate/Stay Night is the best series, Hayate is super fun, I love watching it on a weekly basis, but watching episodes back to back can get tiring. I recently finished Zero no Tsukaima, and I actually really enjoyed both seasons, (finished it in a couple of days). I don't really know about d.gray man though.

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi

L change the WorLd.

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Jaziek @ Jan 9 2008, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

d.gray man
hayate no gotoku
zero no tsukaima
fate/stay night

Fate/Stay Night is easily the best. period. icon_razz.gif

Hayate no Gotoku is amusing. Not the greatest show ever made but its a good one to just watch when you're bored and want a laugh or just have nothing better to do.

Zero no Tsukaima is crap basically but its watchable and enjoyable crap despite still being a turd.

D.Gray-Man started off good but had a period of filler episodes though it picked up again as of the last several episodes.

/They really need to create an anime series off fate/zero and ataraxia
//Or even better go back and redo the first series basing it off heavens feel or unlimited blade works instead of the fate scenario
///That would fucking own.

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
I just watched Gundam 00 and all I have to say is "Don't you know who I am? I'm Patrick Colasawar! Ace of the AEU! I've won over 2000 simulated battles!"

Kiron

Kiron
  • Members
  • 2,442 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Gaming, Wii, filmmaking.
  • Wii:6447428556230302
Goldenboy = Best english VA ever.

"THOSE NOTES WERE MY LIFE!!!... ......... *accidently showed the page to his boss where he drew all the girls in the office naked when he was hiding in the change rooms* ............ .... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!"

The english voice acting is just so fucking funny, a must watch
you can watch it on veoh >>

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,324 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
Just finished watching Rurouni Kenshin Wow the ending sucked so bad, I know the manga is better but I'm not interested in reading it. BTW, can anyone please tell me whos grave they were visiting at the end, and when Kenshin was visiting some other grave with Seijuro Hiko, was that the same grave? I'm pretty sure it was Kenshin's wife's grave right, that he killed in samurai x?

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (5p1nd13 @ Jan 8 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just watched Gundam 00 and all I have to say is "Don't you know who I am? I'm Patrick Colasawar! Ace of the AEU! I've won over 2000 simulated battles!"

I use that line just as much as I use the Juggernaut variant.

QUOTE (Kiron @ Jan 9 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goldenboy = Best english VA ever.

"THOSE NOTES WERE MY LIFE!!!... ......... *accidently showed the page to his boss where he drew all the girls in the office naked when he was hiding in the change rooms* ............ .... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!"

The english voice acting is just so fucking funny, a must watch
you can watch it on veoh >>

Lol, that's pretty much the only time I'll watch a dub over a sub: When the VA makes me lol. Case in point: Old Godzilla movies.

Also, I'm pissed that The_Triad is dropping Kaiji. And none of the bigger sub groups look like they want to pick it up either...

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Jan 8 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fate/Stay Night is easily the best. period. icon_razz.gif

Agreed

Hayate no Gotoku is amusing. Not the greatest show ever made but its a good one to just watch when you're bored and want a laugh or just have nothing better to do.

I find Hayate genuinely funny, it's not a series you cram down at once, but I really look forward to Eclipses releases, it's got really well timed humor with plenty of great humorous references. I always felt it was just a toned down excel saga, and excel saga is awesome so...

Zero no Tsukaima is crap basically but its watchable and enjoyable crap despite still being a turd.

I don't know why, but I just really enjoyed the relationship between Saito and Louise, especially some of the developments in the second season

/They really need to create an anime series off fate/zero and ataraxia
//Or even better go back and redo the first series basing it off heavens feel or unlimited blade works instead of the fate scenario
///That would fucking own.

Technically Fate/Stay Night is an amalgamation off of the UBW, heaven and Fate scenarios, it mainly draws from the fate scenario but some of the elements (such as them showing rider actually using UBW against berserker) (or the teacher become caster's master)are not in the Fate module.

I'd rather they re-visit Tsukihime again, or possibly do something involving Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood, but I'd also love more work from the Fate/Stay Night franchise.

(AND WOULD MIRROR MOON MAKE AN INSTALLER FOR THE UBW MODULE DAMNIT!)

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (5p1nd13 @ Jan 9 2008, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, I love how he get's owned everytime he wants to show off.
Hellelujah > All though
Psychotic Dysfunctional peepz FTW !!

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (MegamanXLanDarkZero @ Jan 11 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I love how he get's owned everytime he wants to show off.

Fuck you talking about.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Rayza @ Jan 10 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically Fate/Stay Night is an amalgamation off of the UBW, heaven and Fate scenarios, it mainly draws from the fate scenario but some of the elements (such as them showing rider actually using UBW against berserker) (or the teacher become caster's master)are not in the Fate module.

I'd rather they re-visit Tsukihime again, or possibly do something involving Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood, but I'd also love more work from the Fate/Stay Night franchise.

(AND WOULD MIRROR MOON MAKE AN INSTALLER FOR THE UBW MODULE DAMNIT!)

A pure run of the Heavens Feel or Unlimited Blade Works would be nicer to see than the merge of all three they had though.. I mean what they've got is great and its my favourite series easily (not the best.. just favourite) but looking at the other two scenarios, Heavens Feel especially they had material with which they couldve probably made it even better :3

Kagetsu Tohya I would like to see and a Tsukihime would probably be nice but fate/zero or a Heavens Feel based series would be.. unspeakably awesome.

/There is no Tsukihime anime. >.>
//I can take the denial to the end of time. icon_razz.gif
///Also woot another person waiting for mirror moon to finish :3

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Alright guys I've decided to do a clean sweep. I hate when I can't find good torrents so I end up turning to Youtube. It sucks when the account doesn't have all of the episodes and I have to find another account. Anyway I have a shit-ton of old series I wanna catch up on.

YouTube:
Strawberry Panic
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Ichigo Mashimaro
Elfen Lied
Mai Hime
The Place Promised In Our Early Years

Currently Airing:
Clannad
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2
Moyashimon
Rosario+Vampire

Considering Watching:
Guerren Lagan
Golden Boy
Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings

Considering Picking Up Again:
Negima
Ah! My Goddess: Everyone Has Wings

Coming Soon:
Hidimari Sketch X365 (FUCKING PSYCHED!)
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei

DVD:
Death Note
Paradise Kiss
The Place Promised In Our Early Years
Voices Of A Distant Star
5cm Per Second (coming soon)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

As you can see I'm swamped with anime right now. SO DON'T RECOMMEND ANY COOL ANIME RIGHT NOW! Also I have 4 hours in between classes on Thursdays so that gives me time to watch some stuff.

Jaziek

Jaziek
  • Members
  • 652 posts
  • xfire:theflyingburgess
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
i've given up waiting for black order to finish gurren lagann so I've just gone and started the torrents for the BSS versions (eps 26 and 27, the only 2 that I really care about that black order havent done). What i wanna know is.. is the tracker that BSS is on any good? I only discovered it today, and it seems pretty good.

^^ UNION FLAGGAN! DONT FUCKING MESS WITH THE UK! ^^

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (Jaziek @ Jan 10 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've given up waiting for black order to finish gurren lagann so I've just gone and started the torrents for the BSS versions (eps 26 and 27, the only 2 that I really care about that black order havent done). What i wanna know is.. is the tracker that BSS is on any good? I only discovered it today, and it seems pretty good.

Dunno, but I'm downing an HD pack of Gurren Lagann (which has 26 and 27, files are part BBS, and part Anon Subs) from the pirate bay, and it's got decent speeds. Nothing worth raving about, but I'm fine with that; I'm running out of space on my first hard drive...

At the beginning of summer I had 300 gigs on my first hard drive, and I bought a second 350GB drive in case I ever needed it.

Now, I have 75Gigs left. What. The. Fuck. It's probably because I've got way too many duplicate files, so I'll have to go through and check everything.

And I just found the torrents for a few H-games that I seemed to have forgotten to pick up...

Also, does anyone have a link to or can they point me in the general direction of the Fate/Stay Night Game/s? TBH, I'm still surprised that I haven't gone looking for those yet. But in all honesty, I have no time for H-games, especially with school starting again. I usually just download the HCG and be done with it...

And I'm really liking Moyashimon; 'tis pretty funny and win, and I like the little science bits that they throw in there.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Jan 10 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no Tsukihime anime. >.>

Yes there is, hit up boxtorrents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users