Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The OFFICIAL Anime/Manga Thread

• Please log in to reply
4063 replies to this topic

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (5p1nd13 @ Jan 8 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just watched Gundam 00 and all I have to say is "Don't you know who I am? I'm Patrick Colasawar! Ace of the AEU! I've won over 2000 simulated battles!"

I use that line just as much as I use the Juggernaut variant.

QUOTE (Kiron @ Jan 9 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goldenboy = Best english VA ever.

"THOSE NOTES WERE MY LIFE!!!... ......... *accidently showed the page to his boss where he drew all the girls in the office naked when he was hiding in the change rooms* ............ .... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!"

The english voice acting is just so fucking funny, a must watch
you can watch it on veoh >>

Lol, that's pretty much the only time I'll watch a dub over a sub: When the VA makes me lol. Case in point: Old Godzilla movies.

Also, I'm pissed that The_Triad is dropping Kaiji. And none of the bigger sub groups look like they want to pick it up either...

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
  • xfire:zog0rayza
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Movies, Books, Comics, Television and Candy.
  • Gamer Army ID:573
QUOTE (Karko @ Jan 8 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fate/Stay Night is easily the best. period. icon_razz.gif

Agreed

Hayate no Gotoku is amusing. Not the greatest show ever made but its a good one to just watch when you're bored and want a laugh or just have nothing better to do.

I find Hayate genuinely funny, it's not a series you cram down at once, but I really look forward to Eclipses releases, it's got really well timed humor with plenty of great humorous references. I always felt it was just a toned down excel saga, and excel saga is awesome so...

Zero no Tsukaima is crap basically but its watchable and enjoyable crap despite still being a turd.

I don't know why, but I just really enjoyed the relationship between Saito and Louise, especially some of the developments in the second season

/They really need to create an anime series off fate/zero and ataraxia
//Or even better go back and redo the first series basing it off heavens feel or unlimited blade works instead of the fate scenario
///That would fucking own.

Technically Fate/Stay Night is an amalgamation off of the UBW, heaven and Fate scenarios, it mainly draws from the fate scenario but some of the elements (such as them showing rider actually using UBW against berserker) (or the teacher become caster's master)are not in the Fate module.

I'd rather they re-visit Tsukihime again, or possibly do something involving Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood, but I'd also love more work from the Fate/Stay Night franchise.

(AND WOULD MIRROR MOON MAKE AN INSTALLER FOR THE UBW MODULE DAMNIT!)

The ghetto stick reigns supreme.

MegamanXZero

MegamanXZero
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,462 posts
  • xfire:MegamanXLanDarkZero
  • Interests:Gaming, Megaman, Anime, Movies, Cars, Megaman, Soccer, Martial Arts, hmmz.... ow and did I mention Megaman ??
  • Xbox / GFWL:MegamanXLanZero
  • PSN:MegamanXZero
  • Wii:3375446218493519
  • Gamer Army ID:924
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (5p1nd13 @ Jan 9 2008, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just watched Gundam 00 and all I have to say is "Don't you know who I am? I'm Patrick Colasawar! Ace of the AEU! I've won over 2000 simulated battles!"

lol, I love how he get's owned everytime he wants to show off.
Hellelujah > All though
Psychotic Dysfunctional peepz FTW !!

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (MegamanXLanDarkZero @ Jan 11 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I love how he get's owned everytime he wants to show off.

Fuck you talking about.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Rayza @ Jan 10 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically Fate/Stay Night is an amalgamation off of the UBW, heaven and Fate scenarios, it mainly draws from the fate scenario but some of the elements (such as them showing rider actually using UBW against berserker) (or the teacher become caster's master)are not in the Fate module.

I'd rather they re-visit Tsukihime again, or possibly do something involving Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood, but I'd also love more work from the Fate/Stay Night franchise.

(AND WOULD MIRROR MOON MAKE AN INSTALLER FOR THE UBW MODULE DAMNIT!)

A pure run of the Heavens Feel or Unlimited Blade Works would be nicer to see than the merge of all three they had though.. I mean what they've got is great and its my favourite series easily (not the best.. just favourite) but looking at the other two scenarios, Heavens Feel especially they had material with which they couldve probably made it even better :3

Kagetsu Tohya I would like to see and a Tsukihime would probably be nice but fate/zero or a Heavens Feel based series would be.. unspeakably awesome.

/There is no Tsukihime anime. >.>
//I can take the denial to the end of time. icon_razz.gif
///Also woot another person waiting for mirror moon to finish :3

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Alright guys I've decided to do a clean sweep. I hate when I can't find good torrents so I end up turning to Youtube. It sucks when the account doesn't have all of the episodes and I have to find another account. Anyway I have a shit-ton of old series I wanna catch up on.

YouTube:
Strawberry Panic
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Ichigo Mashimaro
Elfen Lied
Mai Hime
The Place Promised In Our Early Years

Currently Airing:
Clannad
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2
Moyashimon
Rosario+Vampire

Considering Watching:
Guerren Lagan
Golden Boy
Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings

Considering Picking Up Again:
Negima
Ah! My Goddess: Everyone Has Wings

Coming Soon:
Hidimari Sketch X365 (FUCKING PSYCHED!)
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei

DVD:
Death Note
Paradise Kiss
Voices Of A Distant Star
5cm Per Second (coming soon)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

As you can see I'm swamped with anime right now. SO DON'T RECOMMEND ANY COOL ANIME RIGHT NOW! Also I have 4 hours in between classes on Thursdays so that gives me time to watch some stuff.

Jaziek

Jaziek
  • Members
  • 652 posts
  • xfire:theflyingburgess
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
i've given up waiting for black order to finish gurren lagann so I've just gone and started the torrents for the BSS versions (eps 26 and 27, the only 2 that I really care about that black order havent done). What i wanna know is.. is the tracker that BSS is on any good? I only discovered it today, and it seems pretty good.

^^ UNION FLAGGAN! DONT FUCKING MESS WITH THE UK! ^^

SN3S

SN3S

Best Newcomer | Best Console Contributor 2007 Rawr:3

• Retired Staff
  • 4,682 posts
  • xfire:sn3s
  • Interests:Gaming (Mostly Fighting/Puzzle/Platforming), Comics/Anime, Puttering around with Photoshop, Reading, Listening to Music, <br />Being a Geek, etc...
  • PSN:LucidMomentum
  • Wii:1464476386663937
  • Gamer Army ID:3234
QUOTE (Jaziek @ Jan 10 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've given up waiting for black order to finish gurren lagann so I've just gone and started the torrents for the BSS versions (eps 26 and 27, the only 2 that I really care about that black order havent done). What i wanna know is.. is the tracker that BSS is on any good? I only discovered it today, and it seems pretty good.

Dunno, but I'm downing an HD pack of Gurren Lagann (which has 26 and 27, files are part BBS, and part Anon Subs) from the pirate bay, and it's got decent speeds. Nothing worth raving about, but I'm fine with that; I'm running out of space on my first hard drive...

At the beginning of summer I had 300 gigs on my first hard drive, and I bought a second 350GB drive in case I ever needed it.

Now, I have 75Gigs left. What. The. Fuck. It's probably because I've got way too many duplicate files, so I'll have to go through and check everything.

And I just found the torrents for a few H-games that I seemed to have forgotten to pick up...

Also, does anyone have a link to or can they point me in the general direction of the Fate/Stay Night Game/s? TBH, I'm still surprised that I haven't gone looking for those yet. But in all honesty, I have no time for H-games, especially with school starting again. I usually just download the HCG and be done with it...

And I'm really liking Moyashimon; 'tis pretty funny and win, and I like the little science bits that they throw in there.

QUOTE (Joby @ May 3 2008, 08:13 PM)
We need to find you a girl that doesn't end in .jpeg

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Jan 10 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no Tsukihime anime. >.>

Yes there is, hit up boxtorrents

Silverskyy

Silverskyy
  • Members
  • 28 posts
higurashi kai (2nd arc) = amazing.

Look to the Sky.

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
QUOTE (SN3S @ Jan 10 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, does anyone have a link to or can they point me in the general direction of the Fate/Stay Night Game/s? TBH, I'm still surprised that I haven't gone looking for those yet. But in all honesty, I have no time for H-games, especially with school starting again. I usually just download the HCG and be done with it...

I simply got my copy through isohunt, just hit up any of your generic torrent search engines and see if you can find Fate/Stay Night, google Mirror Moon to get the translation to the Fate path.(if you need it).

They also have a translation for Melty Blood, re-act and Tsukihime.

(and who the hell plays type-moon h-games for strictly the H? Story, all about the story.)

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Clarkey @ Jan 11 2008, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright guys I've decided to do a clean sweep. I hate when I can't find good torrents so I end up turning to Youtube. It sucks when the account doesn't have all of the episodes and I have to find another account. Anyway I have a shit-ton of old series I wanna catch up on.

Strawberry Panic
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Ichigo Mashimaro
Elfen Lied
Mai Hime

Considering Watching:
Guerren Lagan
Golden Boy
Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings

Considering Picking Up Again:
Negima
Ah! My Goddess: Everyone Has Wings

Coming Soon:
Hidimari Sketch X365 (FUCKING PSYCHED!)
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei

About Mai Hime, Ichigo Mashimaro and Elfen Lied. pm inc..

Gurren Lagann is worth watching. The hype around it is already massive but there is a great show there.. however illogical it may be icon_razz.gif

Negima anime is not worth watching at any time for any reason. May everyone who had any hand in the anime's creation die of ebola.. excepting akamatsu and anyone else who works on the original manga >.>

Ah My Goddess never changes.. if you've seen the first season you've seen the second season. Still good though icon_razz.gif

New hidamari sketch + sayonara zetsubou sensei ftfw
QUOTE (Jaziek @ Jan 11 2008, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BSS tracker should be good. If you want the rest just let me know icon_razz.gif
QUOTE (Rayza @ Jan 11 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes there is, hit up boxtorrents

There is no tsukihime anime.

icon_razz.gif
QUOTE (Rayza @ Jan 11 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I simply got my copy through isohunt, just hit up any of your generic torrent search engines and see if you can find Fate/Stay Night, google Mirror Moon to get the translation to the Fate path.(if you need it).

They also have a translation for Melty Blood, re-act and Tsukihime.

(and who the hell plays type-moon h-games for strictly the H? Story, all about the story.)

Being honest me when I first started tsukihime.. just started enjoying it about the time Nrvnqsr showed up xD

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
OH SHI...err I mean SHAFT!

Sup /a/

Rayza

Rayza
  • GA Private
  • 791 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Jan 10 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no tsukihime anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukihime,_Lunar_Legend

I kind of know it exists, considering I've watched twice.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Rayza @ Jan 11 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are these lies.

(We do not speak of it. It does not exist. It does not exist.)

The denial must be kept up.

Just ignoring that though.. Why did they have to make chaos such a little bitch in the series :|

That and Kohaku. Easily the most awesome character from Tsukihime.. her and Hisui have no real part in it :|

..Anyway back to denying its existance. Also to hoping they redo the entire series.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,617 posts
  • xfire:Too lazy to open X-fire every time...
  • Interests:Wii!
  • Xbox / GFWL:fps anth
  • PSN:finally got a 360!
  • Wii:8250730335940364
  • Gamer Army ID:1158
Okay, I can't fucking take it anymore. I'm watching Evangelion.

I just finished the first episode, and I'm pretty lost. Is that normal? Or should I rewatch it before I continue? I want to really enjoy this series.

I beat Jarett in Tetris. Once. Then he beat me four times straight. But still, I beat him once!

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Anth0ny @ Jan 11 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just finished the first episode, and I'm pretty lost. Is that normal? Or should I rewatch it before I continue? I want to really enjoy this series.

Ah just keep going and rewatch it once you've finished..

A fair few people give it a couple of viewings..

Korru

Korru
  • GA Private
  • 1,547 posts
  • xfire:korru
  • Interests:Music, philosophy, games even though a bit less nowadays, and anime!
  • Gamer Army ID:197
QUOTE (Anth0ny @ Jan 11 2008, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well just to say the series gets a lot better later on, after episode 13 or so after Hideki Anno brings the psychological and philosophical sides in there much better.

Anyhow Evangelion is probably my favorite series, so i can't recommend it highly enough, just keep on watching, it's not one of those series that start out as great as it has potential to be, but later climbs to it.

My signature is from the movie End of Evangelion btw icon_razz.gif
You recreated your own world based on reality.You escaped to imagination, and distorted the truth It's not a dream, but a substitute for reality.

Then, where is my dream? It's a continuation of reality. Where's my reality? It's where the dream ends.

KuroFalcon

KuroFalcon

Best Overall Poster 08

• GA Corporal
  • 7,232 posts
  • Steam ID:Winzx12
  • Gamer Army ID:2992
  • Company:Pi
Ok guys I just started Lucky Star.

QUOTE (Mares @ Aug 22 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kuro is MY LOVABOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReeseLOL

ReeseLOL
  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, movie making, graphics and game design
QUOTE (KuroFalcon @ Jan 11 2008, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok guys I just started Lucky Star.

How's that treating you so far? I've been scared to death of the show ever since I saw the intro.

As for Evangelion, I liked it up until the last two episodes, which is where they - in my opinion - really screwed up.
Athene, Best Paladin in the World:
http://athene.movielol.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users