Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is this strategy really cheap?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Pen2_Andy_P

Pen2_Andy_P
  • Members
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:fps, rts, console, sm, ddr, graphic design
Awhile ago I played against this guy on China Inf and I was on GLAV and he just sold his CC and built 2 barracks in the middle and he spammed RG and TH and sent them all to my base while I only had supply center a barrack and an Arms dealer with not much supplies.

KantanerX

KantanerX
  • Members
  • 141 posts
No, because you can follow up by building a tunnel near his base (I usually do with my first worker), follow up by technical + rpgs to kill his dozers, and follow up with more tunnels. Just continue to make more units after that.
IPB Image

CroSs.

CroSs.
  • Banned
  • 105 posts
I guess it's cheap if you don't build...and uhh...don't fight back?
IPB Image

Pen2_Andy_P

Pen2_Andy_P
  • Members
  • 743 posts
But it's not predictable to know when he does that and that rush strategy is getting old. Wouldn't work since he has 1 dozer 2 barracks and 100 RG and TH at my base. Its a reall cheap strategy that is unpredictable and hardly defeatable with GLAV.

I did rush but by the time my 1st tech and 4 rpgs came out The TH got to my Technical and the 10 or so Red gaurds killed my rpgs.

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
  • xfire:tendrax6(but I don't use it anymore)
  • Steam ID:Tendrax
  • Gamer Army ID:1000
QUOTE (Pen2_Andy_P @ Jun 21 2006, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is unpredictable and hardly defeatable with GLAV.

I feel certain that that was the point. Alls fair in war and love.
Posted Image

Pen2_Andy_P

Pen2_Andy_P
  • Members
  • 743 posts
If this is fair in war, what is the equivalent meaning of fair in love?

Schrei

Schrei
  • Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • xfire:00schrei00
QUOTE (Pen2_Andy_P @ Jun 21 2006, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If this is fair in war, what is the equivalent meaning of fair in love?

people lie and cheat to get the girl/guy they want... duh

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
QUOTE (Schrei @ Jun 21 2006, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people lie and cheat to get the girl/guy they want... duh

What he said, Lol. He had a good strategy, he won, I honestly don't see what your problem with his strategy was.
Posted Image

Zell

Zell
  • Members
  • 294 posts
  • xfire:zellbooya
  • Interests:Contact me and let's have a game shall we?
  • Steam ID:Zell_Booya
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zellieth
no becuz he will lose becuz he takes the risk of selling his shit so that he can kill you. Just defend and then later get back at him when it will hurt the most. By the way, who's face is this? is this kyle's? if it is he is one hurt mofo...no offense brah u make great episodes brian.png

Tendrax

Tendrax
  • GA Corporal
  • 6,237 posts
QUOTE (Zell @ Jun 21 2006, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no becuz he will lose becuz he takes the risk of selling his shit so that he can kill you. Just defend and then later get back at him when it will hurt the most. By the way, who's face is this? is this kyle's? if it is he is one hurt mofo...no offense brah u make great episodes brian.png

Does it say Kyle when you click it? Thats Bryan, he got in a shot for Ep 11 and Kyle decided we needed to pwn him cause he was a fag.
Posted Image

Pen2_Andy_P

Pen2_Andy_P
  • Members
  • 743 posts
He was called Bryan since he was dubbeth Bryan the biggest noob by Weiman the village spammer.(over 9,000 posts!) For more details

http://www.purepwnage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26841

ArmoredSandwich

ArmoredSandwich
  • Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • xfire:unseendevil
doh! course not?

why would it be cheap, because it is unpredictable? whats a rush if u can 100% predict it?

it worked i guess, so it is a good rush.. against u anyway lol!

it aint cheap in any way

There must be some kind of way out of here...

rickyzhou

rickyzhou
  • Members
  • 743 posts
zero hour is unbalanced anyway. play starcraft if you want fair game.

Kickasskyle

Kickasskyle
  • Members
  • 164 posts
  • xfire:kickasskyle
cant argue there
Member of the Keep Kyle Hidden Club
Member of The Purepwnage Peace treaty!
IPB Image
and no my name has nothing to do with the kyle of PP

NoFear

NoFear
  • Members
  • 244 posts
  • xfire:nofearnero
well... I don't see seriously how he was faster at spawning units, it takes more time usually since he has to build at least a core center or 2, maybe you were a bit slow...

My biggest problem in Zero Hour is defeating a US SW on an island map... I play GLA so no air support, and the other guy can just build 1 raptor I cannot do any technical rush... there I'm done... every vehicle that comes close get's disabled, he sends some planes, spawns an army of choppers and by the time I know it I've been trying to enter his base I got lots of units killed and he just... destroys me... any help?
IPB Image

KantanerX

KantanerX
  • Members
  • 141 posts
Im still a noob at mastering ZH units, but i can assure you that if you build a few anti-tank, a few anti-air, and a few anti-inf, youre preety much invincible vs 80% of the online players... LOL. No micro needed after that.

So yes, It would seem a tad unbalanced, but I think not. It all comes down to knowing each units capability? So if youre unsure about what to build end-game, a few of everything never hurts!
IPB Image

Pen2_Andy_P

Pen2_Andy_P
  • Members
  • 743 posts
Here is his strat:
1. SELL CC
2. Build 2 barracks near the middle
3. Rush me with an incredible amount of RG and TH

I had 2 Supplys, 3 tunnels 10 workers, 1 AD, 1 barrack and a stinger site and I was on GLAV, my ground units were RPGS and 1 technical.

He used a pretty boring strategy IMO and even though all is fair in lover and war it was still cheap as heck cause he just killed my technicals with THs and my RPGs with red gaurds.

And what Core center? There is no such thing and GLA units build slower than other factions because they are workers not dozers.

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
anyone who does that strat is a total noob, just go behind their base, own up all the dozers/supply trucks with a rpg tech. Defend your base with tunnel spam + quads.

Hellswarm

Hellswarm
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
  • Interests:CSS
QUOTE (Rod @ Jun 21 2006, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone who does that strat is a total noob, just go behind their base, own up all the dozers/supply trucks with a rpg tech. Defend your base with tunnel spam + quads.

Agreed with Rod.

If those barracks get annoying you can load up 2 (or is it 3?) Terrorists in a Technical,
drop them off at the barracks, and destroy it.

Your first priorities though should be to take out his Dozers + Supplies.

j4m3sb0nd

j4m3sb0nd
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • xfire:j4m3sb0ndfx
Most pathetically crap inf strat that could be used, every team can counter it with ease. As GLA you should be expanding across the map, but when his hordes come, get some toxin tractors & it wont last for long. As China, its even easier to own this useless inf rush, flame tank spam > infantry spam, Usa can just get firebases up in front of it, some ambo/vee's to clean the rest up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users