Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EPISODE 11 - i <3 u in rl

• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (823 member(s) have cast votes)

rate it!

1. 5 (best) (254 votes [30.86%])

Percentage of vote: 30.86%

2. 4 (319 votes [38.76%])

Percentage of vote: 38.76%

3. 3 (147 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

4. 2 (53 votes [6.44%])

Percentage of vote: 6.44%

5. 1 (worst) (50 votes [6.08%])

Percentage of vote: 6.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (j-tak @ Jun 23 2006, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im kinda torn, im liking the whole fed type people after teh_masterer, doug and jeremy having "super powers" lots of storyline possibilties, gives it a film like quality, but i sorta miss the old "regular gamer" feel the old eps had

are the guys who attack jerermy and dave with the fed type people, dunno but for all we know teh_masterer is the bad guy and is trying to get jerermy and doug to work for him. arrg! there's to many possiblities lol

i understand COMPLETELY! my fav episode is still eppie 5.

GetItUrDead

GetItUrDead
  • Members
  • 126 posts
I luved this ep, it was full of some of the best 1 liners ever "n liek when i kiss her i jus wanna liek pwn sumthing". and the part w. Doug and teh gun was great

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (GetItUrDead @ Jun 24 2006, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I luved this ep, it was full of some of the best 1 liners ever "n liek when i kiss her i jus wanna liek pwn sumthing". and the part w. Doug and teh gun was great

yeah man, finally we get to see what doug can do with his gun, i've got one of the old master system light phasers in my attic/loft i think, gotta find though

PuRe_FuNK

PuRe_FuNK
  • Members
  • 34 posts
i have to say that the episodes are getting more professionally done, but i dont' really like the direction things are going in. If i wanted to watch DBZ i'd watch DBZ.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (PuRe_FuNK @ Jun 24 2006, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have to say that the episodes are getting more professionally done, but i dont' really like the direction things are going in. If i wanted to watch DBZ i'm watch DBZ.

lol, i know what u mean but i dont think we'll see jeremy or doug busting out a kamehamha or final flash any time soon hehe

JJC

JJC
  • Members
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Gaming... duh
When people start comparing the "Micro battles" to DBZ you know theres something lost on them. There is still satire of the gamer. There is still Jeremy doing what he does best. Only thing that has changed is the plot. From nothing to something that actually keeps you guessing. If you want to watch gamers playing games and joking all the time, hang out with your mates. That's what RL is for. If you want to see an entertaining, funny, well made, and best of all FREE show about Jeremy, Doug, Kyle and Tagi then watch Pure Pwnage. It's doing exactly what it needs to do.

If you don't like it... there is the option to not dowload it ya know. The bottom line is this show is Kyle's. He can take it where he feels it should go. The vast majority of the fans enjoy it this way and if he stuck to how eps 1 - 3 were made he'd have a much smaller fan base than this. There is only so much a guy and his brother can do with a camera before it gets very stale very fast.

Posion

Posion
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • xfire:jeffdb123
The episode was decent, but I don't beleive it was your best. There were a few extremely funny parts though:

Doug talking about how he lost men to WoW
Doug showing up Kyle with the laser gun
Jeremy saves up sleep (wtf?)
Micro battle!
Sheep ending... Halarious.

Keep it up!
IPB Image

Azmodaii

Azmodaii
  • Members
  • 11 posts
The song at the end is kinda cool, wouldn't mind it being put up for dl icon_wink.gif
Ried Teh Beetel

jdre

jdre
  • Members
  • 41 posts
Yeah, the song at the end is cool - 3 guys in my office want it. We also want way more Tagi. Liek maybe a beach episode or something... but with Jeremy out of the frame, LOL.

Sheep ending almost made me pee myself.

When I kiss her, it just makes me like, wanna pwn something -- best line ever.

Keep it up -- this is why people aren't watching television anymore. As for the people upset about the 'film' direction the eps are going, I can see what they mean, but Kyle (evidently) is a film student, so I think its cool that he's doing his thing with the episodes and - looks like- getting his film school friends in on the acting and stuff. Maybe its not the same as the first 3 eps, but they're still funny, still free, and still better than "Dancing with the Fags" on NBC. When I make my own famous internet show, I'll do what I want with it.

arcade_freek

arcade_freek
  • Members
  • 998 posts
Mmmm... mixed feelings abot this ep

I've been following the series since episode episode 5, and I'm excited about what the storyline is building up... (I really LOVED to see the misterious bald guy at the end), but I think IMHO that the episode lacked of substance...

/puts flameproof suit on

Why? I think that the whole "Jeremy goes to Holland" thing in the episode was just to show some nice footage and to justify the fact the crew went there to visit the dutch fans, specially the notable ones like Skrie and Weiman. It's like "OMFG I'm japanese and I'll buy a lot of t-shirts and I'l bring zillions of new members and I'll post NICELY in the forums and I'll become a hardcore PP fan, so Jeremy will come to Japan and I'll make it to appear for a few seconds on the episode"

Seriously, the "micro battle" sucked badly... overall, after having watched the Jeremy & Dave tag team showdown... I think this one lowered the standard. What I mean is this: I don't see why it was necessary the Holland trip for Jeremy, it adds nothing to the story, besides the "let's give our dutch friends some screen time" thing (that battle could have happened everywhere... It could be a better idea to shoot that in the night, near the E3 convention... that could have rocked a lot more) . I think the trip deserved a litle more than showcasing the beauty of Holland and the destruction of the almighty red keyboard. I hope the next episode unveils why the trip was necessary for the storyline, instead of being just a divertimento.

And... well, I h8ed masterer's lines... in the words of Kevin Smith, it smelled like "bullshit catchphrases" to me... just my opinion.

That's it... call it envy if you want, but I think that this ep went too far on pleasing the hardcore fans/forum members.... the references at the beginning of ep 8 and the end of ep 10 were right, to my taste... but what's next? "Doug's trip to Australia to boomheadshot his nemesis"?

Anyway, the sheep scene was an ROFLoverlord! "So, who was sheeping you, poor adds?" LOL... I was expecting that punchline

Edit: Two remarks...

THE NERDY GIRL AT THE STREET IS HAWT! Just take her off that thing from her teeth, some nice clothes (or no clothes at all) and you get an überchick... I can see beyond the disguise... I WANT HER E-MAIL!

and... the last scene, the street conversation with Tagi, where is it? I saw clearly a Chilean flag on one of the stores there... was it a restaurant?

a further edit:

OMFG

QUOTE (Weiman @ Jun 23 2006, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You did...

Yeah, I found you...

I think he looks a lot like you to be just an occasional bystander... aint it? LOL

jdre

jdre
  • Members
  • 41 posts
Hell yeah, the "geeky" groupie was hot. She kept gawking her mouth wide open.... pwnage.

Personally, I think that the Amsterdam trip was an excuse... to go to Amsterdam. Maybe it's just me, but when I watch these episodes, I like to think that this crew has, er, some, er, non-gaming related business to enjoy in Amsterdam.

Doobage pwnage!

Kaos Pwnage

Kaos Pwnage
  • Banned
  • 2,252 posts
  • xfire:dontbah8er
  • Interests:Games, PCs, swords, guns and Black Metal.
great work crew icon_biggrin.gif I loved some of those 1 liners icon_smile.gif
Dylan Klebold - "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

DarkTurtle

DarkTurtle
  • Members
  • 465 posts
  • xfire:darkturtle1
  • Interests:Internet, Software, Hardware, Games
QUOTE (arcade_freek @ Jun 24 2006, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... but what's next? "Dave's trip to Australia to boomheadshot his nemesis"?

Anyway, the sheep scene was an ROFLoverlord! "So, who was sheeping you, poor adds?" LOL... I was expecting that punchline

The trip to Australia would be wtfuber!
And the sheep was just so spontaneous and awesome it rocked my socks!!

Anyway, nice show overall guys. Great that Jeremy is finally together with Tagi. Some awesome one-liners in there.
Loved the filming of the keyboard battle. Great start, too, with the guys talking 'bout their relationship - that was classic stuff.

BTW...
QUOTE (arcade_freek @ Jun 24 2006, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THE NERDY GIRL AT THE STREET IS HAWT! Just take her off that thing from her teeth, some nice clothes (or no clothes at all) and you get and überchick... I can see beyond the disguise...

I agree.
Awesome
Orsum
If you were me and I was you, you'd want to visit this website: Threadless.com. Wanna know why? Because they have really awesome t-shirts. Like...really very awesome.

melonqueen

melonqueen

Slayer of Bees

• Retired Staff
  • 2,881 posts
  • xfire:melonqueen
  • Interests:Gaming, web design, baking/cooking, drinking, Melons
  • Xbox / GFWL:melonqueen
  • Wii:0205097351995318
  • Gamer Army ID:148
  • Company:Pi
I really enjoyed this episode =0)

Would have like to have seen more in The Netherlands, and the blackouts in the fight scene sorta got on my nerves a bit... It was like I was watching something with bad lag. The sheep part was so funny tho! Same with Jeremy downing beer and red bull at the same time. I gotta try that when I go out tonight I reckon ;0)

Also, gotta agree with everyone who thought the part with Doug and the gun was awesome! Made me and my friends I was watching it with piss ourselves laughing, cos we'd been running around Rundle Mall (Adelaide's main shopping drag) with "concealed weapons" too ;0)

I reckon this episode is about a 3.5 on my scale!
My Blog - The Retro Cook

Trencapins

Trencapins
  • Members
  • 7 posts
This episode is not so good as others...

In episodes like the 1, you didn't have special effects and stuff so, but it roxed because it was the essence of the pwnage. With few resources you did a great job.

Other episodes like The story of Dave, where you fight against the matrix folks, were so good too, you had a good budget and good special effects, but the argument was still good.

But lol, this one has too much budget but no argument and no special effects.
I think when everything started working so well you decayed a bit, like in the last episode, it was all about "how pros we are, jeremy spreads the shirts on his balls and he has bought a new flat with the money he makes with PP", but well, the episode had good scenes like the one where they sing the song about the balls, but with this last episode you have totally lost the north. It has no argument, it's all about: "Jeremy is so pro and he goes for the street and everyone knows him, plus he has a pretty girlfriend, so we gonna put her on the episode cus she's so pretty and everyone likes her and everyone will c how pro is jeremy having a girlfriend like that".

People voted 4, but I think they really wanted to vote worst. IMO ppl just voted 4 because they admire this site too much liek to vote worst... but i think this wasn't a 4. It cannot be compared to other episodes like 1 (it was the essence of teh progamer), 3 (fps_dough) or 9 (the story of dave), for example.
Personally, I voted 2 (because I think there's still one episode which was worst: the episode 2, Girls. Mainly because those girls cannot be compared to the girl of this episode lol. All in all, the only incentive of this episode is Anastasia).

This episode is about "We have done a good job and now we are enjoying the results: Jeremy is famous, he travels over the world, he has a pretty girl, well, we're so happy, american dream". But this is not the pure pwnage we could enjoy months ago.
When I saw this episode my face was like when Jeremy had seen the Old man Angry man film from Kyle.

Well, anyway, gg

Don't became a bourgeois and keep doing episodes like the ones you did in the past. pp_smiley7.gif
1 1^\/\/|\| 1|\| 51^4!|\|

gothmug

gothmug
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hey! Pwnage ep! Well done Kyle and Co.

Just some quick notes - didn't read all 24 pages about this ep yet, but what I did read leads me to think to the most part we are in agreement this ep is a 3. Still very very good.

Highlights: Great to see acknowledgment of Jeremy's pwnage celebrity status. We all know now that TV SUCKS ASS! Its things like what Kyle is doing that truely PWN!

More Agi and Jeremy! God, she is SOOO hot, and the spoofing of "pro gamers" takes it to a new level - leaving her to sleep alone, 'cause the bed is so "small" LOL. Omg omg - Agi alone in a small bed. Whew.

Saw some unhappy comments about the micro battle. If anything, Kyle is getting way better at it, IMO. The flashes of light and dark - for me - really added to it and had a professional, finished feeling to it.

Oh course, Jeremy makes it all look easy because he is a good actor. Kyle is the shit, no doubt, but Jeremy takes these great lines and makes us believe it.

Direction the show is taking:

I'm sure it has been noted before, but it is amazing the number of scenes, shots and lines that are evocative or wholy lifted from the movie "Taxi Driver".

At the end of Taxi Driver, there's a montage that takes place right after the big gun fight, in which our hero - in his last few dying moments while he is bleeding death - imagines what it would be like if he had lived and the heroic effects of his actions were revealed for all to see. Its a moment that defines the tight self-delusional world that leads to his seemingly incomprehensible actions in the viotent gun battle.

Sorry to drone on about that, but sometimes I wonder if Kyle is doing something similar. All of Jeremy's "micro abilities" may be in his mind. Same for Doug. Jeremy and Doug are addicted to games, and living in a delusional world. Not very funny stuff. But the way Kyle showcases it, it is a riot.

Dark humor is the best, but Jeremy and Doug may be headed for some sort of Taxi Driver event that will either destroy them and/or confront them with the reality that all their gaming "powers" and "training" are illusions.

Wow, heavy stuff. How Kyle would carry it off is beyond me, but I thought I'd mention it. And what would Jeremy do, without gaming? Have a life with Agi. icon_smile.gif

Ep 12:

Loved the trip to neth-landers icon_lol.gif Perhaps another trip somewhere, for more fan interuptions? Some revealing of the organization of the Master's enemies. Who are they? What do they want? Will Agi be made a student of the Master? Will Jeremy find interest in something other than gaming?

Also, I hope Kyle is keeping a "behind the scenes" log for the Dvd. We all want to know who is REALLY dating Agi, etc etc. icon_smile.gif

muad

muad
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • xfire:muad
Lost a lot of good men to WoW. No shit. icon_sad.gif I turn on my Xfire and all my friends......and their friends have the little freakin' W next to their names and its depressing. Episode 11 was great though. pp_smiley7.gif
i practice my uber micro at work all the time.

Shin-Sozetsu

Shin-Sozetsu
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Goth Girls, Vampires, Rainy Nights, Trance Music, Taco Bell and anything Aqua coloured.
"are you sure we're not in africa?" lol..
"he's the one who taught Daigo how to parry".... hmm..

Jeremy is greedy with that hair money at lunch. pp_smiley3.gif

jax-fps style-

jax-fps style-
  • Members
  • 2 posts
i am impressed with the thaught that went into the new episode but it has so many ends that need tying up, eps. 12 or like eps. 11.5 better come out dam soon cuz im gettin pissed off with my imagination man. i mean it could go anywhere and who the hell is that dude with the red keyboard?, and why was the masterer being so ani-social towards Jeremy, and wo the hell were thoes agents in that room discussing ownerers in NL. there is definatly somthing pretty big going on, and i reali wanna no soon! love the eps man, more i think about it more i like it, but it was a lil disappointing in some wearid way...

w00dbl0k

w00dbl0k
  • Members
  • 237 posts
just downloading it now
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users