Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WoW Horde

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

tonicrigid

tonicrigid
  • GA Private
  • 20 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:888
I've had a WoW account for about a month now, but all i have played is alliance, I wanted to maybe start a horde character but I cant decide which one I would want to play. What is the best classand race for a casual gamer that will be playing 1-2 1/2 hours a day, something that can solo pretty well but doesn't have to go LFG good god help me!! for an hour if I need help with a quest, I want something that will be fun, I'll be playing Archimonde if you were wondering.

7hunders7ruck

7hunders7ruck
  • Members
  • 859 posts
  • xfire:ardo611
  • Interests:Gaming, Hockey, Music, Film, Photography, Guns, Outdoors, Pure Pwnage, Mega64,, Astronomy, Psychology, Physics, Computer Hardware/Software
Ahh I just switched from Archimonde to Magtheridon otherwise we could have grouped. Anyway, I would say race is pretty much a personal preference but choosing one race can limit your options as a class (ex. Tauren can be Hunters, Warriors, Shaman or Druid, whereas Orcs can be Warriors, Shaman, Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, etc.) Many people, along with myself, seem to love undead. Personally I like them for that dark, kind of heavy metal feel to them (see avatar icon_razz.gif). Tauren I love as well, big beasts tromping around, Orcs, well, are Orcs. Green skinned barbarians, which is very cool. Then there are Trolls, the Jamaican/Haitian sounding race which can select from several clasees.

Now, onto your class. I tend to see groups needing Mages, Priests and Warriors most of the time. Depending on how you like to play (do you like to support with heals, deal damage with magic, or tank) one of these could be the way to go for you. I hear that priest is kind of hard to level sometimes and since you are a casual gamer it may not be your thing. Then again, if you like Tauren a druid can heal decently. Shaman are a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class which personally I really like and would recommend as its alot of fun, even for a casual gamer like yourself (and I).

This is all I could really think up at the moment, but if I can think of more to add I surely will.

Teh_Orange

Teh_Orange
  • Members
  • 386 posts
QUOTE (7hunders7ruck)
Ahh I just switched from Archimonde to Magtheridon otherwise we could have grouped. Anyway, I would say race is pretty much a personal preference but choosing one race can limit your options as a class (ex. Tauren can be Hunters, Warriors, Shaman or Druid, whereas Orcs can be Warriors, Shaman, Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, etc.) Many people, along with myself, seem to love undead. Personally I like them for that dark, kind of heavy metal feel to them (see avatar icon_razz.gif). Tauren I love as well, big beasts tromping around, Orcs, well, are Orcs. Green skinned barbarians, which is very cool. Then there are Trolls, the Jamaican/Haitian sounding race which can select from several clasees.

Now, onto your class. I tend to see groups needing Mages, Priests and Warriors most of the time. Depending on how you like to play (do you like to support with heals, deal damage with magic, or tank) one of these could be the way to go for you. I hear that priest is kind of hard to level sometimes and since you are a casual gamer it may not be your thing. Then again, if you like Tauren a druid can heal decently. Shaman are a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class which personally I really like and would recommend as its alot of fun, even for a casual gamer like yourself (and I).

This is all I could really think up at the moment, but if I can think of more to add I surely will.

He is right abnout the shamans. I got a Troll shaman and thats pretty fun to play with. It comes to best use in stacked dungeons and a big party. The totems are cool to use.
Weiman and Orange

THE SPAM BRIGADE

Swiftly Posting Allot of Messages

Korup

Korup
  • Members
  • 346 posts
Hunters are the easiest class to solo with, but have a hard time finding groups. Priests, mages, and warriors can solo decently (Priest and warriors depend on a certain talent specialization), and are most wanted for groups. Shamans and rogues can are decent also, and are somewhat wanted for groups (Can be either a lot or hardly any shamans). Warlocks and druids are the least played classes, and can be annoying to solo with. They are also good for groups too.

R-qaNe

R-qaNe
  • Members
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:World of Warcraft
casual gamer? go shaman...

shaman is a class that shows many aspects of the game and is more like an all around character. They are good for solo-ing and are moderatly wanted in party's but i've never experienced any trouble with finding one since i always start my own. Also, shamans are pretty feared amongst alliance ppl hihi icon_biggrin.gif.

That's all i can add.. the only 3 classes ive played are shaman, warrior and hunter so i can't tell that much about other classes..

nea

nea
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Pwning with PHP+JS
QUOTE (R-qaNe)
Also, shamans are pretty feared amongst alliance ppl hihi icon_biggrin.gif.

Same as palladins for horde. People don't know those classes well since they dont party with them, dont duel with them or whatever.

Altho i find few things about shamen that are riduculous for me, like having flurry as lower tier talent in enchantement tree then warrior's flury in fury tree or Windfury.

One non-crit windfury proc with Arcanite Reaper and 0 base attack power =~ 870 dmg. Now how many attack power can Shaman have? 500? Then add next 407 dmg and we have 3 NON-CRIT hits for total 1277 dmg. Don't get me wrong, I don't think shammans are overpowered (at least not like most ppl say, I've killed too many of them icon_razz.gif), I just find it odd that hybrid class that is (should be) more spells oriented (while paladins should be more melee oriented) can dish out that kind of dmg in melee.

JUIN

JUIN
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:CS:S
If u wanna go horde i think Tauren/shaman (mabey druid, there kinda fun to play with but i think shaman are stronger) or Undead/rogue makes a good combination, or Undead/priest is nice also..
aka Mental on CS:S and BF2

b12f

b12f
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
Priests are always wanted, but you need relitivaly good skill to play them.
If you're horde go shaman, they are a finished class yet overpowered. If you were born to be a troll shaman, then you would've chosen a troll. I'd have to say go tauren, because of the warstomp.

Ack

Ack
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:gaming...and...uhhh...have i said gaming?
i still find it funny when someone says a class is overpowerd, they all fall just as fast to me warlock icon_cool.gif

cept druids *twitches*... ohhh how i hate druids...

shamans are good if you dont have alot of time n you still want to have some power, id avoid warlocks, driuds or priests though since they tend to need quite a bit of work to get stronger when compared to a paladin / shaman

hunters are pretty good for soloing too, as are mages and despite what some people say ive found warriors pretty good at soloing

rogues...are...well i dont have enough experience with that class to know about them
I am 52% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

if you are offended by anything in the above post you can fuck off

have a nice day :)

L33T_G33K

L33T_G33K
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Pwning Goth_Pwner
Rouge is definetly for the casual gamer. They can be pretty good in pvp, but it's almost impossible for them to find groups at 55+.
Inc Onyxia!

R-qaNe

R-qaNe
  • Members
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:World of Warcraft
plz dont compare palas to shamans here will you? it makes my sick wow mind cry everytime ppl do that... healing, mail before lvl 40, free horsie, some newb shield so they can try to run away in pvp ('try'), hammer of justice, etc etc. Shamans are much weaker compared to them... we need war stomp and a full restoration and enhancement talent build to achieve the same.

Luckily, most palas i met were total noobs pvp so i'm not that frustrated yet.

nea

nea
  • Members
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (R-qaNe)
healing

Shaman can heal and do it better then Pally (unless pally is holy specced with is rare)

mail before lvl 40, free horsie

Ok, so they have better armor, but they dont've ranged magic nukes. Free horse? How does that makes them any stronger? And u have shadow wolf before lvl 40 icon_razz.gif.

some newb shield so they can try to run away in pvp ('try')

They use shield to heal up since thier healing usually takes a lot of time, and every1 in the game already learned to bandage when they do so

hammer of justice, etc etc.

Frost Shock, Earth Shock, Chain Lightning, Earth Bind totem, Windfury, etc etc.

Shamans are much weaker compared to them...

No, u r not

we need war stomp and a full restoration and enhancement talent build to achieve the same.

U shouldn't be the same, that's the problem.

And if u have a problem with fighting pally then simply run away, being a shamman it shouldn't be a problem for u at all.

L33T_G33K

L33T_G33K
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Pwning Goth_Pwner
I hate pallies, lame class, the only thing making them difficult to defeat is the fact that they wear plate.
Inc Onyxia!

nea

nea
  • Members
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (L33T_G33K)
I hate pallies, lame class, the only thing making them difficult to defeat is the fact that they wear plate.

I hate pallies as well and i'm playing alliance - warrior. Stupid pansy rolling-for-plate-and-weapons-they-wont-benefit-from holy knight wannabies icon_razz.gif. But FFS, they are far from being overpowered, no ranged attacks, no tools to close the range, no slows or speed ups, and even then thier dmg is rather low, they just live long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users